Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth (5356 Views)

OYO State Governor Is The Most Confused Governor In Nigeria. / We Igbos Do Not Support Operation Amotekun / Sagay: This Is The Most Confused, Weakest INEC I Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by prodigy24: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Kingsley1000:
Pls are you in umuahia,feel like giving you one bottle with pepper soup...you've said it all,i don't see any demeaning remark you made about the igbos here.ndi be anyi nwere ezigbo nsogbu
Most of you are very silly..
I have a family you have yours, my family members are very loving people, we don't know what poverty is because one uncle of mine turned things around in our family. Your own uncles are wicked are evil. How is it my business?
How is the general definition of Igbo people?
I have always told you guys, Igbo people have cultural system that support themselves. They have developmental plans for their community, they have developmental plan for their people, they have plans for their humble and hardworking relatives.
But you will never hear the good news because bad stories sell faster. If Igbo people are savages igboland would be worst than Ibadan. Remember this place was razed down to dust during war, and within a short period of time they recovered. How did they recover? How many of you vagabonds have ever talked about it.. You won't. You bring your family problem and you tag it Igbo problem.
Most you complaining of Igbo being bad I will profile you lots very soon.
I know that some of your parents were banished from their home town because of evil they committed in the past. Have you asked yourselves. Where are those offsprings of those people banished from Igbo land in the old days? What would their parents told their offsprings about their village?
Think about it. If you grow up in the north throughout your whole life and never visited your town. Ask your father why! There must be a reason if you don't get the gist from him, ask people from you village.

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by oddessey007(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2017
Omaricha166:
We the yorubas are now restless nd sleepless because of the ibos biaafra or freedom, I sugest we should stop eating up our heart because of d Ibos, rather ingore or incourage dem on how to get dere biafraa, instead of behaving childish nd foolish, nd stop composing thread to discourage dem in there struggle cause it wont help, nd i see no reason we the yorubas we b crying for d ibos hu lose 2million people in d niger civil war, abi nah our die?
Pls we the yorubas should behave ourselfs cause wat must be must be,
check mah signature
typing frm Ondo

Your moniker betrayed you claiming to be Yoruba, anyways I agree with op on this, a united Igbo race will do wonders but limitations will be political jobbers.
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by tbliss22(m): 7:50am On Sep 23, 2017
meccuno:
so the only time the igbos make sense is when they curse and abuse each other? you are a tribalist and you are yet to find out...

Ur opinion is noted bro, I've got no issue with either u or the op. Just read through that post and draw out the truth in it instead of throwing jib at me for appreciating ur kinsman's statement of fact.
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by patval(f): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2017
oddessey007:

You failed to realized that the five Igbo states will be land locked even if they have oil, do they have refinery? Access to sea ports will be limited, agro economy will be drastically affected because of the nature of the land,.......... Think bro, majority will not leave Nigeria because of their investments.
You are still spewing fallacious assumptions here, East is never landlocked as you were meant to believe. I wount spend time on the various pathways to the sea from the Eastern axis cos somebody opened that thread here.
I want to lecture you on the governance structures of the Igbo's which people like you never cared to do research on before coming here to express you ignorance.
First of all, I will recommend the simplest material on Igbo's system of govt which is contained on Nigerian Peoples and culture, a GST 100 level material.
Igbo's from their social evolvement are known with classical Democratic system of government and a capitalist economic system.
What the above implies is that Igbo's practice an inclusive representative system of government which makes their political system a decentralized one unlike our neighbours(North and West) who practise monarchical system with a centralized political structure.
In modern system, the Igbo's political system can be best described as parliamentary executive where by whatever action to be taken will be unanimously adopted by the assembly.
If Biafra comes today, we Igbo's know our political system which fits us best and that is parliamentary executive where there will be president(ceremonial) and prime minister as practised in Isreal.I used Isreal cos they are republic too unlike monarchy in Britain.
when Okorocha made his uniformed statement that Igbo style of politics will not lead them to Asorock,I laugh at his ignorance of our system cos ambition has beclouded his thinking and not forgetting the fact that okorocha is a " Hellenistic" Igbo man so may not be abreast of the fact that we will not let go a thriving sociopolitical system in practise centuries ago because we are trapped in a dark union called Nigeria.
The least demand of the Igbo's is a decentralized and liberalised system in Nigeria and you will see how unity of purpose will lead them to sociopolitical greatness.
Igbo society, no one man exerts his will on the entire society rather it is done with the approval of the assembly which is not at the mercy of any interest.
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by impossible27(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2017
Rossikki:
But Igbos ARE confused.

They live and settle in other regions of Nigeria more than any other ethnic group, yet they constantly demand secession more than anyone else.

If that is not confusion, what is?

It is like a guy who cannot live without his daily supply of Big Stout leading a rally to shut down the Guinness brewery. undecided

Does that make sense?

Ok, say Nigeria decides to let them go (without the Niger Delta of course), and deports all 25 million Igbo settlers in Nigeria back to the East (since they would become illegal immigrants), can the East handle such an influx of refugees and deportees? I mean, we are talking starvation and mass homelessness here. Not to mention the loss of their businesses in Nigeria, estimated to be worth over $20 billion in total.

I mean, the entire secession idea is madness, yet it seems very reasonable to many of them.

Confused set of people!

I think the goverment first before crying on their behalf
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by dandollaz: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2017
deji17:

The three Igbos you mentioned at one time or the the other, what miracle did they perform while in Govt? Are you saying other tribes that serve in the same capacity as the Igbo you mentioned did not perform? You are greedy and hateful
When Biafra come pls stay there don't spoil show for us with your biase mind
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by komekn(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2017
patval:

You are still spewing fallacious assumptions here, East is never landlocked as you were meant to believe. I wount spend time on the various pathways to the sea from the Eastern axis cos somebody opened that thread here.
I want to lecture you on the governance structures of the Igbo's which people like you never cared to do research on before coming here to express you ignorance.
First of all, I will recommend the simplest material on Igbo's system of govt which is contained on Nigerian Peoples and culture, a GST 100 level material.
Igbo's from their social evolvement are known with classical Democratic system of government and a capitalist economic system.
What the above implies is that Igbo's practice an inclusive representative system of government which makes their political system a decentralized one unlike our neighbours(North and West) who practise monarchical system with a centralized political structure.
In modern system, the Igbo's political system can be best described as parliamentary executive where by whatever action to be taken will be unanimously adopted by the assembly.
If Biafra comes today, we Igbo's know our political system which fits us best and that is parliamentary executive where there will be president(ceremonial) and prime minister as practised in Isreal.I used Isreal cos they are republic too unlike monarchy in Britain.
when Okorocha made his uniformed statement that Igbo style of politics will not lead them to Asorock,I laugh at his ignorance of our system cos ambition has beclouded his thinking and not forgetting the fact that okorocha is a " Hellenistic" Igbo man so may not be abreast of the fact that we will not let go a thriving sociopolitical system in practise centuries ago because we are trapped in a dark union called Nigeria.
The least demand of the Igbo's is a decentralized and liberalised system in Nigeria and you will see how unity of purpose will lead them to sociopolitical greatness.
Igbo society, no one man exerts his will on the entire society rather it is done with the approval of the assembly which is not at the mercy of any interest.

The hypocritical double standard you use as the basis of secession is to be emancipated from Nigeria. But from what I really do not know.

You then want to go on a land grab and ethnic cleansing in the South South and claim it as Biafra then put the entire South south region under Igbo imperialism and subject the South south to becoming 2nd rate citizens in thier own land. Sorry but NEVER.

The entirety of your push is TRIBALISTIC.

The only tribe to have democratically elected representatives in a state of which they are not indegenes are the Igbo, in Lagos state. Yet you are spewing arrant deranged hogwash about emancipation.

Nigeria is moving on slowly but steadily away from local mentality and vindictive tribal politics. So grow up or shut up because Biafra us shut down for ever as a viable concept. Possibly as not viable landlocked prison a very minute possibility.
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by patval(f): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2017
komekn:

The hypocritical double standard you use as the basis of secession is to be emancipated from Nigeria. But from what I really do not know.

You then want to go on a land grab and ethnic cleansing in the South South and claim it as Biafra then put the entire South south region under Igbo imperialism and subject the South south to becoming 2nd rate citizens in thier own land. Sorry but NEVER.

The entirety of your push is TRIBALISTIC.

The only tribe to have democratically elected representatives in a state of which they are not indegenes are the Igbo, in Lagos state. Yet you are spewing arrant deranged hogwash about emancipation.

Nigeria is moving on slowly but steadily away from local mentality and vindictive tribal politics. So grow up or shut up because Biafra us shut down for ever as a viable concept. Possibly as not viable landlocked prison a very minute possibility.
Reading this nonsense you wrote here, I don't think you woke up from the right side of your bed. Its quite disgusting to run mad through writing.
I can't remember including South South in my explanations. From available literatures on precolonial lives of ethnic nationals that later formed Nigeria, Igbo's are one of the nationals that didn't embark on political expansionist expedition so you are just a nutjob
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by Os3e(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2017
cornel00:
We igbos are the problem to ourselves.
Once upon a time, i was made to see Yoruba people as my main enemy in this, country but not anymore.
Yes we can brag about our commercial exploits, education, talents, wealth, personalities but we lack unity.
Out of all the tribes in this country, Igbos are the most greedy, wicked, heartless, and selfish set of creatures.
I am a confirm onye igbo, born and brought up in the north, i am typing this because of the IPOB crisis here in the east. It's hard for me to admit but the truth must be told. I asked myself yesterday night;
If we are to get biafra what will come next?
Are we ready to be independent?
Do we have the resources to survive?
Is there love among ourselves?
After analysing all these, i come to conclusion that biafra is the worst that will happen to an igbo man, biafra will be a place where hatred is the order of the day, we are always the ones playing the victim card, we call Yoruba people all sorts of derogatory names, we blame everyone one in this country except ourselves. It was a Yoruba family that welcomed and gave me shelter in GBOKO BENUE STATE the year i was posted there for my jamb exam (you can hardly see an igbo man do this for his brother, let alone a stranger) my best secondary school teacher is a Yoruba man, we lack hospitality and love among ourselves.
I didn't know about this until i left north for east, an igbo man will rather sell his brother for a plate of porridge out of greed
We call Hausa this and that yes i don't even like them (the truth must be told), their religious and ethnic intolerance is something else, but we are not better either, we have made our land less convenient for our people that's why you see igbos investing outside igbo land. You will buy land in igboland and all the kinsmen in that community will try to feast on your pocket.
Yes we have most of the most corrupt politicians in this country. Those bastar.ds we call our leaders are the ones we supposed to hold accountable, Nigeria is not our problem, Yoruba people are the only people we can team up with, they are the only one we can ally with.
I use to ask myself why most of my trusted friends are not igbos, it's not a coincidence. It is from experience.
In 2015 i relocated from the north to the east, up till now I'm still regretting my decision, i will rather die elsewhere than to be consumed by hatred in igbo land. My maternal grandfather who is supposed to welcome me home, despite all the tenants that are paying him, could not let me stay in one of his rooms. My grandfather!!
My advice to my fellow igbos is that we should eliminate hatred in our lives, only then we can come together and think of the way forward.
My write up may lack proper contruction, as long as I've shared my thoughts I'm OK.
As for biafra matter, me and my household and extended family say no to biafra.
I stand for one united South in one Nigeria.
Long live south east
Long live south west
Long live south south
Long live Nigeria
PEACE!
cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44

Op I think u have asked a very simple and very core question of what happens next ? I like to look at things with logic and from a lay man's view. I am of the opinion that one must not go thru every experience oneself in order to learn. But that we can learn from the experiences and situations of other's; in order to make a better informed decision. Having said that, it can be seen that a majority of the countries in Africa, the middle East and worldwide that have walked down the path we r trying to walk now; have nothing to show for it. 80% of them are facing and are stil facing war, famine and disintegration. A total collapse of peace, security and stability.With all the numerous challenges facing the country, isn't it logical to say ours will be the worst of them all yet. Y then, do we want to so eargerly walk down this obvious path of destruction. On the other hand we have countries made up of diverse ethnicities who coexist as best as they can. Some have been thru their own wars and r trying to rebuild for many decades. Y can we not as a nation take examples from peace initiatives employed in other regions and modify them to apply to our situation. One common characteristic of regions that have had the same issues as us, is corruption and bad leadership. These are also our biggest challenges as a country. Y not focus on the real issues and try tackling them,instead of hiding behind the umbrella of seperatism. but the problem is that corruption has eaten in so deep across the nation, so much that it seems to be the general culture of all languages.

When I look logically at the present situation I say massive ignorance, especially among the youth plays a key role in everything. I place 50% of the divisive notions on the shoulders of the youth. I say this because we are too docile and seem very ignorant. We do not demand accountability and transparency from the same leader's we elect. They need to be held accountable for their actions. We do not ask questions as youth, all we know is crowd mentality. To go with the voice and action of the mob crowd without taking any time to consider the implications of our actions and decisions. Simple questions like where are we coming from? Where are we heading to? What legacy and impact can I leave in this world? What have we benefitted from war before? Wat will we benefit now? Wat kind of world do I want my children to live in? How can I better the cause of humanity?
Another high percentage of the blame can be traced to bad governance and social neglect because the youth are often victimized.

Showing allegiance to where one is from is a very good thing, but you do not need to bring down d roof in d process. If the only reason for the agitation is to show allegiance, then it is unnecessary. If it is not, then what r the aims and objectives and also d core reasons for the agitation.
One does not need to look far to see that we are one of the greatest nations in Africa and the world. Many countries who are doin better than we are do not have 1/4 of the resources we have. But we mis-manage everything. Our currency was once one of the highest in the world. Y can we not rise up to the challenge? We stil posses all the resources that put us in that position. we need to be able to mange our resources to improve our situation. Breaking up is never the way out. I think what we all must do is, imbide is the culture of tolerance for our neighbors and mankind in general no matter where ur from.

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by cornel00(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
Os3e:

Op I think u have asked a very simple and very core question of what happens next ? I like to look at things with logic and from a lay man's view. I am of the opinion that one must not go thru every experience oneself in order to learn. But that we can learn from the experiences and situations of other's; in order to make a better informed decision. Having said that, it can be seen that a majority of the countries in Africa, the middle East and worldwide that have walked down the path we r trying to walk now; have nothing to show for it. 80% of them are facing and are stil facing war, famine and disintegration. A total collapse of peace, security and stability.With all the numerous challenges facing the country, isn't it logical to say ours will be the worst of them all yet. Y then, do we want to so eargerly walk down this obvious path of destruction. On the other hand we have countries made up of diverse ethnicities who coexist as best as they can. Some have been thru their own wars and r trying to rebuild for many decades. Y can we not as a nation take examples from peace initiatives employed in other regions and modify them to apply to our situation. One common characteristic of regions that have had the same issues as us, is corruption and bad leadership. These are also our biggest challenges as a country. Y not focus on the real issues and try tackling them,instead of hiding behind the umbrella of seperatism. but the problem is that corruption has eaten in so deep across the nation, so much that it seems to be the general culture of all languages.

When I look logically at the present situation I say massive ignorance, especially among the youth plays a key role in everything. I place 50% of the divisive notions on the shoulders of the youth. I say this because we are too docile and seem very ignorant. We do not demand accountability and transparency from the same leader's we elect. They need to be held accountable for their actions. We do not ask questions as youth, all we know is crowd mentality. To go with the voice and action of the mob crowd without taking any time to consider the implications of our actions and decisions. Simple questions like where are we coming from? Where are we heading to? What legacy and impact can I leave in this world? What have we benefitted from war before? Wat will we benefit now? Wat kind of world do I want my children to live in? How can I better the cause of humanity?
Another high percentage of the blame can be traced to bad governance and social neglect because the youth are often victimized.

Showing allegiance to where one is from is a very good thing, but you do not need to bring down d roof in d process. If the only reason for the agitation is to show allegiance, then it is unnecessary. If it is not, then what r the aims and objectives and also d core reasons for the agitation.
One does not need to look far to see that we are one of the greatest nations in Africa and the world. Many countries who are doin better than we are do not have 1/4 of the resources we have. But we mis-manage everything. Our currency was once one of the highest in the world. Y can we not rise up to the challenge? We stil posses all the resources that put us in that position. we need to be able to mange our resources to improve our situation. Breaking up is never the way out. I think what we all must do is, imbide is the culture of tolerance for our neighbors and mankind in general no matter where ur from.

You have spoken well bro
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by Cjrane2: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
MikeBetty:
You Are An Imbe, Imposter, And Igbo Wannabe.

Exactly!
Another sleazy Fulani imposter that thinks he is smart.

Anyhow, they already know Nigeria cannot continue in the shape and form they used military rogues to impose.

The fact is that it's either Nigerians are allowed to fashion out a rule, constitution or whatever to live together as one country or it will collapse.

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by MikeBetty(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cjrane2:

Exactly!
Another sleazy Fulani imposter that thinks he is smart.

Anyhow, they already know Nigeria cannot continue in the shape and form they used military rogues to impose.

The fact is that it's either Nigerians are allowed to fashion out a rule, constitution or whatever to live together as one country or it will collapse.
there Is No Way They Will Pretend Without Being Fished Out. Restructuring May Tarry But Must Be Done. Why They Are I Dont Know.
Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by Marcelo290(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2017
cornel00:

I see it as an irony when you asked which tribe shows more hospitality than igbos. What about those rich uncles that will settle their brothers with little amount? You didn't mention those that will accuse their brothers for stealing just to boycott their settlement.
No matter how many times you lie to people around you, you can't lie to yourself. We are not united and you know it.
Am not sure you went through what I wrote or you probably lack comprehension, those uncles you are using to make generalizations can also be found in other tribes, their act of wickedness is criticized by all and sundry, your myopic self also didn't allow you see those that were settled well and are doing fine, you just choose to be cynical and draw your conclusions from the few of them that are bad, you refused to also see those who their uncles are sponsoring in school both home and abroad, bro stop making analysis with your little experience.

Besides unity can be measured, no tribe is 100% united, but I can vehemently tell Igbos are united to a large extent, I was in Lokoja the other time and was wowed by the level of unity amongst the igbos there, it is also so in the North, so I don't know what else you mean, stop juxtaposing wickedness with disunity.

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Are The Most Confused Creatures On Earth by Kingsley1000(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2017
prodigy24:

Most of you are very silly..
I have a family you have yours, my family members are very loving people, we don't know what poverty is because one uncle of mine turned things around in our family. Your own uncles are wicked are evil. How is it my business?
How is the general definition of Igbo people?
I have always told you guys, Igbo people have cultural system that support themselves. They have developmental plans for their community, they have developmental plan for their people, they have plans for their humble and hardworking relatives.
But you will never hear the good news because bad stories sell faster. If Igbo people are savages igboland would be worst than Ibadan. Remember this place was razed down to dust during war, and within a short period of time they recovered. How did they recover? How many of you vagabonds have ever talked about it.. You won't. You bring your family problem and you tag it Igbo problem.
Most you complaining of Igbo being bad I will profile you lots very soon.
I know that some of your parents were banished from their home town because of evil they committed in the past. Have you asked yourselves. Where are those offsprings of those people banished from Igbo land in the old days? What would their parents told their offsprings about their village?
Think about it. If you grow up in the north throughout your whole life and never visited your town. Ask your father why! There must be a reason if you don't get the gist from him, ask people from you village.

that's true but I must tell you that considerable number of our people are bad in cimparision with other tribes, Why is it that our business men and elites rarely invests in the east? Why is it that cost of living in the east is so exhorbitant....my kid sister that wrote pume in FUNAAB couple of years ago was accomodated by a stranger(yoruba family),they fed her,provided everything she needed throughout the time she was there.....this kinda gesture is rarely seen amid our people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is The Man Who Lost Africa To China, / Breaking: Gov El-rufai Want To Return To PDP To Run For President In 2023 Man Al / We'll treat miyetti Allah bandits in the language they'll understnd- Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.