Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,145 members, 7,953,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:13 PM

Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (21354 Views)

How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? / How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? / How Many Times Did You Sit For Jamb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Realdeals(m): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
It was like a deliberate action then by WAEC, because the two most failed subject is always English and maths, in some local government, you'll hardly two people that'll passed the two.
Everything changed when NECO came into the picture.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by seunfape(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
Things started changing from year 2000 when they introduced NECO. I cherish those days because as fail you will strife to pass next time by so doing, u learn and you gain knowledge .
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by msylva2147(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
I am still writing
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Ezi39: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Some people cannot even speak English,imaging somebody saying 'I wrote it ones" instead of "once".
The person is even looking for a cheap way to get likes.
He was like "click like if you wrote yours ones"

Just as you said "imaging" instead of "imagine"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by martinlooter(m): 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
olasaad:

Lol..that's recent. The Op is talking about results around year 2007 and below.

The op is actually talking about way back beyond 2007. If you read between the lines, you will notice he didn't mention post utme, neither did he mention NECO. Quite unfortunately, all the responses here are all post NECO and Post UTME Period. Because it was actually after NECO came onboard and gave a strong challenge that WAEC now decided to play it easy on candidates and actually allowed students to pass in one sitting.
During the period of reference by the op, you have to be extremely brilliant for you to pass in one sitting. It is even a thing of shame for present day candidates to be boasting of passing in one sitting, they should be boasting of straight As, cos with the way WAEC exams has been watered down, who still fails WAEC Exams?
I laugh when I see kids that wrote WAEC in 2010 typing team one sitting. God help you were not existing during the period op was typing about. By the time you stay at home for 5 years, no be person go tell you.
For your info, post UTME came out cos of the useless set of entrants that WAEC and JAMB were now producing. The ones that enter university today at 12 years old, but can't make a comfortable 4.0 in their first year.

4 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Owenmarvis(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
chaiii story of ur life indeed thanks for that
Scholar212:
Wrote SSCE 4times because of Mathematics

WAEC- All B's expect maths and English D7
NECO- passed English and maths E8
NECO GCE - F9 festival, till date am still wondering if Neco just uploaded someone's else result for me, even with my eyes closed,i can't have a D7 in physics, Chem let alone an F
WAEC GCE following year- cleared all with C4 in the stupid Maths that made me loose my admission in Uniben when NECO GCE came out and I didn't make it.
currently on a 4point CGPA in my 5th year in same Department, same school I lost my previous admission on matriculation day(Neco GCE came out two days to matriculation and I couldn't continue with clearance anymore. Consulted different offices and nothing could be done as a credit in Maths was needed, Had to pack my things and leave Uniben on my supposed Matriculation day)
*STORY OF MY LIFE*
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Ramanto(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
I wrote seven o'level exams just because of mathematics. Ranging from neco to waec to nabteb... Gce o, internal o, damn! I suffered. Graduated long ago with a sound grade in economics. No condition lasts forever.

3 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
babtaima:
hey you sound like a really cool person..wanna chat on whatsapp? i think i might be helpful to you
Sorry, I don't need help from anyone but God. My JAMB score this year is 262, already made my POST UTME in my State Uni, will be writing that of UNIBEN next week so I can do it. grin

Thanks for the offer sha.

1 Like

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Rainmaker69(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Explorers:
Things have changed, kids are getting smarter daily thanks to technology(Internet, cable&devices).
Those days of Keypoint.

My brother! It was a life of struggles.
Struggle to buy form.
Struggle to fill form.
Struggle to submit form.
Struggle to prepare.
Struggle to know your Exam center.
Struggle to do the exam.
Struggle to check results.

Keypoints na the google of those days.
What a lost generation.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by FunnyDude(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
I did olevel exam 7times cos of english . I tire then oo.. Thank God say I'm a graduate today.

1 Like

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by omoelerin1: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
FunnyDude:
I did olevel exam 7times cos of english . I tire then oo.. Thank God say I'm a graduate today.
That's victory at last. I rejoice with you.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ezi39:

Just as you said "imaging" instead of "imagine"
Google keyboard typing error
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by k199192: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
As for me I wrote it just one time and I aced it... some people I know are stil trying to pass... 8 times in a row... b2b.. sukkot where you at?
2cents equals 150naira. . I see you bro...

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by sukkot: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
k199192:
As for me I wrote it just one time and I aced it... some people I know are stil trying to pass... 8 times in a row... b2b.. sukkot where you at?
2cents equals 150naira. . I see you bro...
modified

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
sircrabo:
Wrote all exams but ended up doing part-time.

Wrote waec and failed all 9 subjects. Its like my village witches were the ones that marked my script.

Wrote neco nd made all credits in the same school in ph

Wrote jamb in udss, port harcourt and came out with 228. Then jaamb na jamb. To score 300, you had to offer sacrifice at 3 road junction. Lol

I put in for unilag and oau. Oau embarked on one very long and annoying strike. More than a year that my jamb expired b4 they called it off. I didn't meet the cut-off for unilag engr and was told to buy change of course form to urbn and regional planning. The dean then told my mom it was few slots he had left, he wanted us to drop 250k but no money. I refused to write any exam twice, that's how I ended up doing part time with lasu and spent close to 7yrs for a 5yr course. Graduated 2010 and just abt to collect my result from that god forsaken school.
Can't stop laughing at the emboldened cheesy
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Uzee24: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=tosyne2much post=60752825][i] I can relate.. I wrote O'level exams 4 times

As for the first one, I was still naive so I couldn't make all my papers in a click.
(guys still dey dull as at then)

As for the second one, the centre I registered for WAEC took our money and ran away.

lolz....U mean the centre ran away with ur money? Thats quite funny!
Understand what U mean though!
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by k199192: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
sukkot:
brah stop trolling my mentions. go and sell gala in traffic where you belong. ipod yoof
I am selling gala here in my country. . what are you doing in amelika... washing dead body.. 2cents fool...
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by SpartanJ: 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
sisisioge:
LOL! I was quite smart enough to realize that there wasn't much difference between having an A1 and C6...only difference was prestige. So I aimed to get an all round C. Good move...as it was, my lowest were Cs and still ended up as number 10 on my school's scoreboard. Me wey read M&B die during preparation grin All na strategy...I pulled my favourite courses closed and my hated courses closer for that purpose alone cool

Yeah because I had A1 in mathematics and physics in my GCE exams (when I first met my wife who also came for her GCE exams) while I was in SS2 back in year 2000, I did not even bother to study those 2 subjects for my Waec I just walked in.. I focused on my English and others. Thank God I cleared all my papers.I did not bother checking out my NECO results till date. That was 16+ years ago!
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by babtunns(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
is like the u saw what happened to me den... I fired waec n neco 6 times from vilages to town English wan kill me o

thou really thank God, now a graduate since 2012
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by sisisioge: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
SpartanJ:

Yeah because I had A1 in mathematics and physics in my GCE exams (when I first met my wife who also came for her GCE exams) while I was in SS2 back in year 2000, I did not even bother to study those 2 subjects for my Waec I just walked in.. I focused on my English and others. Thank God I cleared all my papers.I did not bother checking out my NECO results till date. That was 16+ years ago!

How time flies buddy...how time flies o.

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=Uzee24 post=60763054][/quote]

Lemme tell you exactly how it happened

The school we registered had not been granted approval for WAEC, so, according to their custom, they normally register both their students and external students under a particular school. (you know how these unapproved school normally do now)

We registered under this "unapproved school" and the proprietor "fraudster" assured us that our names had been forwarded to the "approved" school and that we had been registered.

#Fast forward#

He distributed the school uniform to everyone and provided to us fake ID cards to grant us entry into the school. We started getting suspicious when WAEC officials started reading names of registered students from the attendance list but our names were not there. We complained but the WAEC officials told us to be patient that such a thing usually happen once in a while and it was something that could easily be corrected from their head office, and that was how we continued writing our exam ooo

We had barely written five papers when WAEC officials confirmed us as unregistered students from their database right from the head office. My brother, my heart almost jumped out of my mouth oooo shocked

At that instance, we needed no one to tell us that the man didn't register us in the school but only sewed for us the school uniform and issued us fake ID cards.

We left the centre and headed to his own school to bring down his head but his staff prevented us from harming him. He began to shed crocodile tears when he saw us crying and raining curses on him. He told us it wasn't his fault and that something between life and death occurred which he had to use our money to settle shocked

To finish up my story, he told us to wait till Nov/Dec and that he would obtain a GCE form for every one of us.

My brother, that was how the bastard ran away oooo

3 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by SpartanJ: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
As Adults and Parents we need to prevent reoccurrence on our children. Let's invest in the future of our kids. Take them to good schools with seasoned home tutors.
Gone are the days when we only shout A to Z in nursery schools. Nowadays its all about the sounds of A to Z, paintings, numbers 1 to 100....etc in nursery classes etc.

Thanks to my Mum If not for the progressive lesson I attended every evening from mondays to fridays back in year 2000 in Festac town, the public school I attended would have messed me up. I received lectures from seasoned teachers (Mr. Kalu & Mr. Charles) though she had to cough about ~1500 naira (that's like 15000k today) every month from year 2000- SS2 to year 2001-SS3.

I remember that great class we were the best of best. 80% of us were prefects in our schools - Festac Grammar school, Festac college, Festac Girls, St Jude's, others join while on holidays.

On the issue of bad results though I cleared my WAEC once I had to study and pray pretty hard because few guys I know were better than me back had withheld subjects which made them to go for GCE that same year. You could see their frustration when the results of the GCE came out - All As - temporary setback but they are all doing great now.

it's God Grace.

I need to call some of my old pals!

5 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by God2man(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
Things have really changed especially the curriculum.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Daddybright1986(m): 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ur own better...
Me i write Jamb 7times sotey people for my street come dey call me JAMB ONLINE cuz na me dey explain d procedures give people wey wan newly write... I'm surprised d dae they called me that they saw my name in a centre meanwhile i didn't buy form,that's when i realise i don turn regular customers for jamb...
Glory be to God cuz i'm now selling Jamb and Neco form ...
At least if i can't pass,i can sell for those wey dey pass

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Daddybright1986(m): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Let us see who is more popular
Like for buhari
Share for gej

1 Like

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by unapapadeycraze: 12:05am On Sep 24, 2017
ades0la:

lipsrsealed

oya tell me in private.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by JayJustus(m): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2017
WAEC once, JAMB once, post jamb (scored high but YOU'RE NOT FRLM THE CATCHMENT AREA)...so bye bye...if you know what I mean

left Nigeria...bagged my degree...came back and LEFT AGAIN!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Omakraid(f): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2017
I wrote waec twice... I for happy if na once o
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by CockpitSense: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2017
kimbraa:
Sorry, I don't need help from anyone but God. My JAMB score this year is 262, already made my POST UTME in my State Uni, will be writing that of UNIBEN next week so I can do it. grin

Thanks for the offer sha.
wetin dey make this one dey boast now? undecided
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Elthugnificent(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2017
CockpitSense:
wetin dey make this one dey boast now? undecided
Thought I was the only that saw that. Well I hope she get admitted.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Officer101(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
Scholar212:
Wrote SSCE 4times because of Mathematics

WAEC- All B's expect maths and English D7
NECO- passed English and maths E8
NECO GCE - F9 festival, till date am still wondering if Neco just uploaded someone's else result for me, even with my eyes closed,i can't have a D7 in physics, Chem let alone an F
WAEC GCE following year- cleared all with C4 in the stupid Maths that made me loose my admission in Uniben when NECO GCE came out and I didn't make it.
currently on a 4point CGPA in my 5th year in same Department, same school I lost my previous admission on matriculation day(Neco GCE came out two days to matriculation and I couldn't continue with clearance anymore. Consulted different offices and nothing could be done as a credit in Maths was needed, Had to pack my things and leave Uniben on my supposed Matriculation day)
*STORY OF MY LIFE*
So pathetic.
Thank God you are not part of those that will be wandering around the campus forming 300level student without matriculation number.
Wishing you success in your study
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Officer101(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2017
Daddybright1986:
Ur own better...
Me i write Jamb 7times sotey people for my street come dey call me JAMB ONLINE cuz na me dey explain d procedures give people wey wan newly write... I'm surprised d dae they called me that they saw my name in a centre meanwhile i didn't buy form,that's when i realise i don turn regular customers for jamb...
Glory be to God cuz i'm now selling Jamb and Neco form ...
At least if i can't pass,i can sell for those wey dey pass
Please tell me it's a joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Force Men In Fresh Attack Against UNIOSUN Students / Edo Primary School Teachers Reject Resumption Date / Jamb Change Of Course/institution For 2024/2025 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.