Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,262 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (20731 Views)

How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? / How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? / How Many Times Did You Sit For Jamb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Harbeyg09(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Waec Twice
Jamb Once

It wasn't easy then

1 Like

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by olasaad(f): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2017
Teniolasmart:

Lol..that's recent. The Op is talking about results around year 2007 and below.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by ades0la(f): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2017
unapapadeycraze:

how old are you?

lipsrsealed
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by dfrost: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2017
OrestesDante:

grin

You really did it ones.

Afi suuru

omo ki lode. se e ja tele? cheesy wink grin
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
I can relate.. I wrote O'level exams 4 times

As for the first one, I was still naive so I couldn't make all my papers in a click.
(guys still dey dull as at then)

As for the second one, the centre I registered for WAEC took our money and ran away.

As for the third one, I registered for NECO and my centre result was canceled shocked

As for the last one, I made my papers.

I don too suffer on top school matter. Chaiiii my village people really suffer me ooo
cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by sheettle(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
WAEC twice,
NECO thrice,
NABTEB once,
UTME: five times,
Direct Entry: twice.
**sobs**
I finished secondary education in the year 2008. I wrote WAEC and NECO that same year. I 3C4s in WAEC, Literature, Government and Economics. The rest were D7s. I made 6Cs in NECO without English language. Registered and sat 2009 NECO GCE, it was cancelled. I enrolled for 2010 NECO, the result was delayed because the then governor of Osun state was owing NECO, when it was later released, I made just 3 papers, English D7 again. Registered and sat NABTEB nov/dec 2010, made English, started combining it with the other NECO, and began NCE program. Because I wanted Unilag, I sat 2012 WASSCE nov/dec since it doesn't accept 2 sittings, and cleared all papers. I Sat UTME 2010, only 3 subjects were released and I scored 181. I also registered the next year, I scored 229 and used it to start NCE. In my final year of NCE programme which was 2014, I registered UTME and DE; scored 186 but I postUTME clashed with NCE final exams, so I let go off PUTME. NCE result wasn't released early so my DE form wasted. I obtained UTME and DE form the next year, scored 245 but I wasn't offered admission yet. DE 2015 admission of my preferred institution wasn't released in time, so I obtained 2016 admission thinking I won't be offered admission, which I was offered. I later sat the 2016 UTME but I didn't process it.

4 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
tosyne2much:
I can relate.. I wrote O'level exams 4 times

As for the first one, I was still naive so I couldn't make all my papers in a click.
(guys still dey dull as at then)

As for the second one, the centre I paid for WAEC took our money and ran away.

As for the third one, I registered for NECO and my centre result was canceled
shocked

As for the last one, I made my papers.

I don too suffer on top school matter. Chaiiii my village people really suffer me ooo
cheesy
I suffer pass you!. grin
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
Scholar212:
Wrote SSCE 4times because of Mathematics

WAEC- All B's expect maths and English D7
NECO- passed English and maths E8
NECO GCE - F9 festival, till date am still wondering if Neco just uploaded someone's else result for me, even with my eyes closed,i can't have a D7 in physics, Chem let alone an F
WAEC GCE following year- cleared all with C4 in the stupid Maths that made me loose my admission in Uniben when NECO GCE came out and I didn't make it.
currently on a 4point CGPA in my 5th year in same Department, same school I lost my previous admission on matriculation day(Neco GCE came out two days to matriculation and I couldn't continue with clearance anymore. Consulted different offices and nothing could be done as a credit in Maths was needed, Had to pack my things and leave Uniben on my supposed Matriculation day)

*STORY OF MY LIFE*
I used to think I'm one of those in Nigeria that has the greatest academic challenges but e be like say your own even my own sha shocked
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
kimbraa:
I suffer pass you!. grin
You think so? My quest for O'level was five years oooo
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by bamdexfarms(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
I wrote mine six times! Still graduated with flying colours and I'm living my Life to the fullest.

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
tosyne2much:
You think so? My quest for O'level was five years oooo
Mine was four years doing what I didn't have passion in 'cause of my parents...science, by the time I realised what I really wanted I was almost running out of time.

I did science in secondary school 'cause in my house, everyone was going for it and they saw Art students as dummies. grin I didn't want to be stereotyped so I followed suit. The only subject I loved in science was Chemistry. I finished, wrote WAEC, and made 7 credits except Physics and Geography but didn't have passion for science. I decided to switch to Arts after one of my brother switched to Arts too(Law) while he was very good at calculations. Began reading Art books at home to write WAEC, I wrote but the result wasn't good. Used my old result to run a programme in UNIPORT but my admission wasn't guaranteed due to their high level of corruption. Came back to square one, wrote all Art subjects again in WAEC GCE and made the major. After that I wrote Jamb and POST UTME but wasn't admitted. Lol, the suffering is real. grin

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Once and passed with flying colors.
Didn't even bothered to write Neco because I know that even my village people can't make me fail.

Since then till now nko
No money to further my education
Baba na u no wan go.

Else even if na tutorials u for dey organize den dey save d money sma small.
Things like dis annoy me

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
kimbraa:
Mine was four years doing what I didn't have passion in 'cause of my parents...science, by the time I realised what I really wanted I was almost running out of time.

I did science in secondary school 'cause in my house, everyone was going for it and they saw Art students as dummies. grin I didn't want to be stereotyped so I followed suit. The only subject I loved in science was Chemistry. I finished, wrote WAEC, and made 7 credits except Physics and Geography but didn't have passion for science. I decided to switch to Arts after one of my brother switched to Arts too(Law) while he was very good at calculations. Began reading Art books at home to write WAEC, I wrote but the result wasn't good. Used my old result to run a programme in UNIPORT but my admission wasn't guaranteed due to their high level of corruption. Came back to square one, wrote all Art subjects again in WAEC GCE and made the major. After that I wrote Jamb and POST UTME but wasn't admitted. Lol, the suffering is real. grin
[i] Your eyes have seen a lot too oooo cheesy
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i] Your eyes have seen a lot too oooo cheesy
If not that I've been resilient all the while, I don't think I'd have had the cause to read books. grin
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by JuneOctober(f): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
kimbraa:

shocked you try oo.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Stevengerd(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
I Wrote waec twice because of chemistry. the frist wan chemistry d7, i went back with determination enrolled started lesson, the following year wrote anoda waec, when result came out chemistry b2. mehn e no easy, kashamadupe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tosyne2much(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
kimbraa:
If not that I've been resilient all the while, I don't think I'd have had the cause to read books. grin
Same with me. I almost gave up at a point when my friends who weren't academically sound as me were fortunate to have smooth academic ride and started waving to me from afar undecided

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
JuneOctober:

shocked you try oo.
I swear!. grin This year is different sha.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by tianshie(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
All this pikin dem. I write my own when WAEC still be WREC: Western Region Examinations Council.dat one na anoda level.

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
tosyne2much:
Same with me. I almost gave up at a point when my friends who weren't academically sound as me were fortunate to have smooth academic ride and started waving to me from afar undecided
My secondary school classmates whose parents sent to Ghana would always come to check on me when they're on holidays. grin

I don't pray that for anyone, but the best is to keep off from mediocres and acquaint oneself with people who're educationally inclined.

2 Likes

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Homeboiy: 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
Wrote neco at kinquins international school orokam

Till today I never check am

I heard almost everyone failed
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by kristisking(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
That was when WAEC was so strict and somehow tough. NECO was not in existence then, so no competition between exam bodies. The coming of NECO made WAEC to drop in standard. Also contributing to this factor is increasing rate of exam malpractices. I wrote WAEC three times then. You hardly see students writing WAEC more than once these days. It is not because they are better than we were then but due to the above factors.

1 Like

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Teecash1409: 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Four times... too worst because of math only.. embarassed
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Fembleez1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ayo199:
ignorance??tell me more

First in 2010, I had D7 in my English and Literature GCE but made these subjects in my 2011 WAEC, but just Maths was F9. Then people told me I can't use two sittings for Law. Then I wrote another GCE; had all the results; I was told without Yoruba or any other Art subject apart Literature, I can't do Law. Wrote another GCE cause of Yoruba but had E8. Then I was told without CRS, I can't do Law, wrote 2 other exams, one was Withheld and later Cancelled. The other, F9 in CRS. Then I applied to write WAEC again in a private school, they gave me good grades in all other subjects but D7 in CRS. That year, I gained admission but still applied to write GCE in case I was screened out of Clearance. It was Maths they used for me in Lieu of CRS and I was told Literature was the only compulsory subject for Law. Any other Arts, Social science and Science the other 4.

Meanwhile, after I already was in school, the GCE I wrote that year came out in Dec/Jan and I had A1 in CRS.

1 Like

Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by JuneOctober(f): 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
kimbraa:
I swear!. grin This year is different sha.

The Lord is your strength. You'd get your heart desires wink
I don't even know what I'd do if I where in your shoes. But I sabi advise person grin
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by JuneOctober(f): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
tianshie:
All this pikin dem. I write my own when WAEC still be WREC: Western Region Examinations Council.dat one na anoda level.

grin tongue you na old man na.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2017
JuneOctober:

The Lord is your strength. You'd get your heart desires wink
I don't even know what I'd do if I where in your shoes. But I sabi advise person grin
My own sef better. What of people wey spend 8yrs for Jamb n WAEC?. grin
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by ahamonyeka(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
True talk and you will be looking at those ones writing it for the first time as children to you.

Na that time every candidate go hear say na only one paper you need or you find.lol
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by HMZi: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Crex007:
thank God fr NECO sha physics been wan fall my hand
SAME HERE
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by JuneOctober(f): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
kimbraa:
My own sef better. What of people wey spend 8yrs for Jamb n WAEC?. grin

lipsrsealed My matter for education don close be that.
Re: Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? by Ezi39: 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
I cannot forget that year in a hurry. I registered NECO and sat for it in Hogas College, Alapere, Ketu only to see the whole result F9 parallel.
I was sure of what I wrote but the result was just opposite of it. It was NECO GCE and those that policed the exam were not immune from bribery.
So I learnt that year that NECO can sometime notice cheating and decide to score candidates F9 instead of witholding the results.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara School Flogging: Muslim Students Deserved Punishment – MURIC / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.