Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Christians Also Lie About Their Age - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Also Lie About Their Age (1058 Views)

How Are We Sure Mary Didn’t Lie About How She Conceived Jesus? / Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Idango(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2017
Lying like every other sins is condemned by the word of God. The bible did not classify lying into small or big lies, white or black lies as we do it, but the bible said
" ......and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimestone: which is the second death." Rev 21: 8
But lying has become very common even among Christians. Christians are expected to be different from the world. we are expected to be the light of the world.

Lying about the age is one of the most common lies found in our society today and also among Christians. It is very common for people to have 2,3,4 or 5 curriculum vitae all bearing different date of birth.

Looking for my old friends on facebook reveal a lot of lies about date of birth. Colleagues that were older than me or the same age when we were in secondary schools, finding them on facebook. I realised they are now 10 , 8 or 5 years younger than me. Some of them claim to be born again.

Some of these people are not looking for job from from anybody, they are on their own yet lie about their age. Looking for job is also not an excuse to lie about your age.

Do Christians think the word of God has been changed concerning lying ? or that Nigerian Christians will be excused on the judgement day because of our peculiar sitiation ?

When are you going to correct the lies ?

Please share your experience of lying especially about age.

What do you think Christians ?
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by franklyneo(m): 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmmm...the person below may get something to say

FTC...happy Sunday NL
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by MhizzAJ(f): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2017
Okay
I hope the person below me has something useful to say
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by hopefulLandlord: 7:37am On Sep 24, 2017
The person below me definitely has something to say
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Idango(m): 7:44am On Sep 24, 2017
Christians, share your thoughts on lying about age.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2017
Idango:
Lying like every other sins is condemned by the word of God. The bible did not classify lying into small or big lies, white or black lies as we do it, but the bible said
" ......and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimestone: which is the second death." Rev 21: 8
But lying has become very common even among Christians. Christians are expected to be different from the world. we are expected to be the light of the world.

Lying about the age is one of the most common lies found in our society today and also among Christians. It is very common for people to have 2,3,4 or 5 curriculum vitae all bearing different date of birth.

Looking for my old friends on facebook reveal a lot of lies about date of birth. Colleagues that were older than me or the same age when we were in secondary schools, finding them on facebook. I realised they are now 10 , 8 or 5 years younger than me. Some of them claim to be born again.

Some of these people are not looking for job from from anybody, they are on their own yet lie about their age. Looking for job is also not an excuse to lie about your age.

Do Christians think the word of God has been changed concerning lying ? or that Nigerian Christians will be excused on the judgement day because of our peculiar sitiation ?

When are you going to correct the lies ?

Please share your experience of lying especially about age.

What do you think Christians ?
The whole article is too generalistic. Who's a Christian? A person who follows Christ. Who has the characteristic of Christ in him or her. It shows in their way of doing things that's why in the book of acts 11:26 "
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" . A Christian wouldn't support lie or do the things of the flesh,that's not a Christian. But there are some that derail probably because of their human nature in them doesn't mean all Christians as pointed by you lie about their age.

1 Like

Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by ikorodureporta: 8:21am On Sep 24, 2017
Idango:
Christians, share your thoughts on lying about age.

Wey pastors dey lie from altar, fixing miracles, telling fake tales like daddy GO, etc wetin u expect? why'r u also lying on nairaland? Is idango yr real name??

1 Like

Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by orisa37: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Serious Christians surrender their ages to The Rock of Ages.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Idango(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The whole article is too generalistic. Who's a Christian? A person who follows Christ. Who has the characteristic of Christ in him or her. It shows in their way of doing things that's why in the book of acts 11:26 "
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" . A Christian wouldn't support lie or do the things of the flesh,that's not a Christian. But there are some that derail probably because of their human nature in them doesn't mean all Chriystians as pointed by you lie about their age.

The article say Christians also lie about their age, it did not say that all Christians lie. You will agree with me the extent this has gone. For our society to correct this sickness of age falsification, believers have to lead by example. A co worker in the church visited a pastor who was celebrating his birthday , the pastor was not in and the worker said, daddy is 40 ? He is young, and the Pastors wife said that is official age. A pastor with official age ? Is he a footballer ?

Christians should be different , if you don't get that job because your age is high, God will provide you a job for your age.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Idango(m): 8:43am On Sep 25, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Wey pastors dey lie from altar, fixing miracles, telling fake tales like daddy GO, etc wetin u expect? why'r u also lying on nairaland? Is idango yr real name??

Nairaland did not asked for your real name, what they asked for is a user Id which may be an identity you adopt, it is not a lie.

The issue is that lying about age is a problem especially in our society, but I m only concern about Christians because we are to be the light in this darkness.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2017
Idango:

The article say Christians also lie about their age, it did not say that all Christians lie. You will agree with me the extent this has gone. For our society to correct this sickness of age falsification, believers have to lead by example. A co worker in the church visited a pastor who was celebrating his birthday , the pastor was not in and the worker said, daddy is 40 ? He is young, and the Pastors wife said that is official age. A pastor with official age ? Is he a footballer ?

Christians should be different , if you don't get that job because your age is high, God will provide you a job for your age.
Christians lie about their age and most Christians lie about their age which would you pick?
The case of that pastor saying official age is just a joke.The pastor's wife is just creating a scenario to cause laughter. I agree that most Christians lie about their ages but not Christians lying about their age.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 25, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Childofaking: 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
One bad thing about lying about your age is that later in life when you want to be proud of the long life God has given you, you can no longer share your testimony openly because you have already cit off a chunk of your age. Imagin, your real age is now 80, but people know your age to be 70. You want to give testimony of the long life but you can't because you have been lying all this years.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by OtemSapien: 12:05am On Sep 30, 2017
Childofaking:
One bad thing about lying about your age is that later in life when you want to be proud of the long life God has given you, you can no longer share your testimony openly because you have already cit off a chunk of your age. Imagin, your real age is now 80, but people know your age to be 70. You want to give testimony of the long life but you can't because you have been lying all this years.
testimonies are for kids. Mature old people don't do that stuff. They would have lost the freak to share testimonies by then.
Re: Christians Also Lie About Their Age by Childofaking: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2017
OtemSapien:
testimonies are for kids. Mature old people don't do that stuff. They would have lost the freak to share testimonies by then.

When I said testimonies, I don't only mean standing up in the church to do that , old men love telling kids how old they are, when you have already deceived them with fake age, how can you come back to tell the truth. Testimonies are for everyone who knows what God has done for them.

(1) (Reply)

...how Patrick Edet Met His Wife, Inyene / Why Daddy Freeze's Statement About Blessing In His Sahara TV Interview Is Wrong / Question Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.