Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! (2941 Views)

Type Amen: Get a Chance to be our Lucky Blessed Winner / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Evolution is not a "chance occurrence of impossible events". It is a stepwise process involving gradual incremental changes over an an extended period of time.
Think about the IBM analogy again. From the large and slow mainframe computers all the way to the pocket-sized devices we have today. Computers have changed drastically over time to get to the fastest and most efficient possible systems. It's not chance. It's not random. It's evolution.
I know you'll get it.
Felixmoron won't.

Felix doesn't get it because he thinks evolution disproves intelligent design.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

How does the intelligent design of the IBM Computer demonstrate evolution which claims to be propelled by blind, unintelligent forces of nature in no particular direction?

Just allow the ignoramus to keep fooling himself.
He deliberately wants to behave he doesn't know that evolution says it is blind.

1 Like

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

How does the intelligent design of the IBM Computer demonstrate evolution which[b]claims to be propelled by blind, unintelligent forces of nature in no particular direction?[/b]
You should not spin falsehood to advance your position. Nobody claims the bold.
Natural selection is neither random nor unintelligent. It also moves in a direction. The direction of the fittest and most favourable traits for survival.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by DoctorAlien(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Evolution is not a "chance occurrence of impossible events". It is a stepwise process involving gradual incremental changes over an an extended period of time.
Think about the IBM analogy again. From the large and slow mainframe computers all the way to the pocket-sized devices we have today. Computers have changed drastically over time to get to the fastest and most efficient possible systems. It's not chance. It's not random. It's evolution.
I know you'll get it.
Felix won't.

I see that the problem here is definitions. Well, my article addresses biological evolution, not just evolution in the mere sense of the word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I see that the problem here is definitions. Well, my article addresses biological evolution, not just evolution in the mere sense of the word.

In his mind, evolution of Mercedes benz and IBM means evolution by natural selection that Darwin postulated.
In his mind they are the same thing.

And he calls himself intelligent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

They are the same thing really. You'd see it if you took the blinders off. Nature isn't unintelligent.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by DoctorAlien(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You should not spin falsehood to advance your position. Nobody claims the bold.
Natural selection is neither random nor unintelligent. It also moves in a direction. The direction of the fittest and most favourable traits for survival.

Here is a claim by evolutionists in the OP:

"Evolutionists counter that the whole probability argument is irrelevant since evolution is utterly purposeless, and thus never tries to make anything in particular! They insist, moreover, that “natural selection” makes the impossible, possible."

Why don't you read the OP?
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

In his mind, evolution of Mercedes benz and IBM means evolution by natural selection that Darwin postulated.
In his mind they are the same thing.

And he calls himself intelligent.
Please how is it different?
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
They are the same thing really. You'd see it if you took the blinders off. Nature isn't unintelligent.
Oh Lawd!
Chaiiii grin

1 Like

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Please how is it different?
Bros abeg shift....
Stop forcing yourself into conversations like this. U no dey hear.

And the worst part is u will be forming intelligence. Smh
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by DoctorAlien(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

The blind forces of nature are unintelligent. Things naturally tend to get scattered rather than coordinated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by orisa37: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
Evolution is a magician in process. God is Miracle in progress.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Here is a claim by evolutionists in the OP:

"Evolutionists counter that the whole probability argument is irrelevant since evolution is utterly purposeless, and thus never tries to make anything in particular! They insist, moreover, that “natural selection” makes the impossible, possible."

Why don't you read the OP?
Your OP is a cut and paste from answersingenesis. It reminds me of those Awake magazines I read when I was younger.
Natural selection does not make the ''impossible possible" because we can't possibly determine what is impossible.
You should create your threads from less skewed sources.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by plaetton: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry, you are not qualified to give anything.
Your reasoning is below the barest minimum required here.
You're probably right.

Coming to the Religion section to argue evolution with Religious nuts is folly. I admit.

We are not on the same plane.
Your reference to the IBM computer, still without realizing the irony, says it all about the shallowness of the thinking.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

Bros abeg shift....
Stop forcing yourself into conversations like this. U no dey hear.

And the worst part is u will be forming intelligence. Smh
At least tell me how it is different before telling me to "shift".
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ericsunday619: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Your OP is a cut and paste from answersingenesis. It reminds me of those Awake magazines I read when I was younger.
Natural selection does not make the ''impossible possible" because we can't possibly determine what is impossible.
I don't really believe in evolution theory. it's rubbish
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:
Oh Lawd! Chaiiii grin
Tell me the difference please.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by DoctorAlien(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Argumentum ad hominem again. Refute with evidence any of the points made in the article or hold your peace. Don't attack the person.

We can determine what is impossible, friend. It is impossible for a triangle to have anything more or less than three sides. It is also impossible for evolution to produce an eye.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ericsunday619:
I don't really believe in evolution theory. it's rubbish
It is not something to be believed. It is to be studied and understood. Just like you don't believe photosynthesis.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
plaetton:

You're probably right.

Coming to the Religion section to argue evolution with Religious nuts is folly. I admit.

We are not on the same plane.
Your reference to the IBM computer, still without realizing the irony, says it all about the shallowness of the thinking.

You have admitted your folly but u are still blind to it.

Let me tell you the folly.
Evolution of IBM, Mercedes or Computers is not the same as evolution by natural selection postulated by Darwin.

For you to just appose them for the purpose of similarity is big folly.
Go and study evolution.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by plaetton: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

How does the intelligent design of the IBM Computer demonstrate evolution which claims to be propelled by blind, unintelligent forces of nature in no particular direction?

Just keep thinking deeper my good friend, beyond the surface.
The answers stare you in face.
grin
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Argumentum ad hominem again. Refute with evidence any of the points made in the article or hold your peace. Don't attack the person.

We can determine what is impossible, friend. It is impossible for a triangle to have anything more or less than three sides. It is also impossible for evolution to produce an eye.
Of course, Argumentum ad hominem is the only hope of the atheist.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by DoctorAlien(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

Of course, Argumentum ad hominem is the only hope of the atheist.

Pathetic.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ericsunday619: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
It is not something to be believed. It is to be studied and understood. Just like you don't believe photosynthesis.
cool sir
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I don't see any "points" in the article. All I see is a biased writer feigning incredulity.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by plaetton: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

Evolution of IBM, Mercedes or Computers is not the same as evolution by natural selection postulated by Darwin.

Lawd have mercy !! shocked
Are you really that ignorant ? shocked

The reason I ask is that it takes an incredible level of IGNORANCE to write stuff like that without a tiny part of your brain pinching you.

And then I am expected to discuss or argue the theory of evolution with you ? shocked

No thanks.
I will pass.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

For you to just appose them for the purpose of similarity is big folly.
Go and study evolution.
We have heard. They are not the same. Please tell us the difference.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
plaetton:

[s]Lawd have mercy !! shocked
Are you really that ignorant ? shocked

The reason I ask is that it takes an incredible level of IGNORANCE to write stuff like that without a tiny part of your brain pinching you.

And then I am expected to discuss or argue the theory of evolution with you ? shocked

No thanks.
I will pass[/s].
Just run
You don't know anything.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by DoctorAlien(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I don't see any "points" in the article. All I see is a biased writer feigning incredulity.

You mean you can't refute any point made in the article? Don't worry, no one can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by felixomor: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
We have heard. They are not the same. Please tell us the difference.
You have not heard.
If you heard you would have known by now.
The Internet is on your palms.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You mean you can't refute any point made in the article? Don't worry, no one can.
You are right.
Re: Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! by Ranchhoddas: 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
felixomor:

You have not heard.
If you heard you would have known by now.
The Internet is on your palms.
I did not see it. Please tell me the difference I beg you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Really Own Anything In This World ? Or Are You Just Borrowing It / Is Rev. 12:1-2 About Mary As The Queen Of Heaven? / Do You Think Materialism Is Illogical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.