Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 (5995 Views)

2 Corinthians 8:12/ 9:7 OR Malachi 3:10 Which Did The Apostles Obey & Disobey? / Shiloh 2013 Prayer Guidelines: Exceeding Grace: 2 Corinthians 9:14-15 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by Joagbaje(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2010
Tudór:

I once watched a video where Pastor Chris said he once misplaced his pen on his desk and needed it urgently to write. Since he could not find it he then laid hands on his paper and 'decreed' a pen to appear and one came out of nowhere!

Let someone say I'm lying then I'll know you CEC lot are a bunch of liars. . . . I'll try and remember the title of that video.

There was a message like that , Im trying to remember the title ,

but this knife cutting is pure lie
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by ukotmi: 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2010
Tudór:

I once watched a video where Pastor Chris said he once misplaced his pen on his desk and needed it urgently to write. Since he could not find it he then laid hands on his paper and 'decreed' a pen to appear and one came out of nowhere!

Let someone say I'm lying then I'll know you CEC lot are a bunch of liars. . . . I'll try and remember the title of that video.

I watched it also. Infact my cable TV on now but tuned to PressTv of Iran wink wink wink wink.The name of the tape is: The word in you. He said that he held his bag and prayed, opened it and took out the pen. Tudor haba grin grin grin grin. he didnt say he decreed a pen to appear and one came out of nowhere cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

The op did not hear him well. I still insist that pastor Chris said that he sustained a cut and put the flesh back. He didnt say he cut himself deliberately People need to understand simple use of grammar. I had a cut when peeling oranges can also be rendered: I cut my self while peeling oranges. I think some posters are looking at CEC with coloured eyes. Even little mistakes like typing Christ instead of Chris are used to explain what doesnt exist, that CEC people refer to him as Christ. This is not true but little errors in typing.
I listen to a lot of preachers over the cable during weekends and cringe at some blatant mistakes some of them make but will never make a post of them. If i should consider the behaviour of many xtians including pastors, I wont get near a church gate. True, the ones that disturb me most is outright distortions xtians post here. I think the most important thing now is to pray for one another until we come to the unity of faith.

let me give this example, while listening to testimonies on a cable xtian stattion, a young lady came and gave a run down how she used to operate in the spiritual world. Then she added that women should not wear ear rings and necklaces. Ear rings she said was to block women ears while necklacesare used to drag them like goats to hell shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. I cringed cos there is no scriptural basis for this. Could you believethat the pastor, a very popular one came and aacknowledgedwhat the young lady said as a new revelation? He now quotes her to justify why sisters should throw away ornaments.
I starred in unbelief at what he said but one thing, he is wining more souls into the kingdom than my self. I have known the pastor for some time. he has done a lot for the spread of the gospel. Despite the error, he taught the people on the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. he taught them that Jesus is coming again. Ear ring or no ear ring, the gospel was preached. harlots, robbers etc are repenting during his preaching.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by mrmayor(m): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2010
@Ukotmi,

Curious story you have there, the end always justifies the means doesn't it? sad Your revelation is you can cheat, lie or brainwash a non-believer to heave; abi? wink
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by ukotmi: 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2010
mrmayor:

@Ukotmi,

Curious story you have there, the end always justifies the means doesn't it? sad Your revelation is you can cheat, lie or brainwash a non-believer to heave; abi? wink

haba. oga mayor. I only stated what I watched over the TV. It is not a revelation. The pastor in question preaches Christ to non-believers and yet introduces non scriptural teachings on ear rings,necklaces etc. I will never support non scriptural teachings or ideas. grin grin grin grin.
But, why should a pastor teach things not in the bible shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by Tudor6(f): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2010
InesQor:

@Tudor
Since I registered I have read through very many threads in many sections and I have interacted with many NL people on the forum and by IM. Maybe I make friends really easily? I already told you you are free to believe I am whoever you want me to be. Its a faceless forum. If you have a problem with mavenbox, take it up with him. Just let me be, please! I dont delight in brawls, and I dont engage in useless arguments with girls.
Yeah. . . In other words you don't deny being mavenbox, right?

There's a slim chance you might actually be innocent so For the sake of CLARITY, Are you the same person as the disgraced mavenbox? YES or NO please.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by InesQor(m): 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2010
^^^Madam Tudor, I already told you I may be Will Smith or Tunde Fashola for all you know, because this is a faceless forum. How does this witchhunting matter to you? What will I gain if I agree with this? What will I lose if I am not this acquaintance of yours?
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by viaro: 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2010
Hehehe. . . guys, don't worry - viaro is mavenbox. Let the war begin! grin
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by Marlbron: 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2010
ÓP,

A bit disappointed that you didn't provide a link to analyse pastor Chris's message. It is possible that you misunderstood him, so please di not rush to judgement. People should not crucify him, he is not different to other men of God: Adeboye et al. He teaches according to his understanding.

Whilst I believe that only God was meant to teach the scripture, I agree with pastor Chris that when you have the Holy Ghost, you are super hman. Read mark 16; 18
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by InesQor(m): 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2010
cheesy Viaro, welcome to the Nairaland Ferris Wheel! Myself and Tudor have been having a swell time. Maybe after, we'll all go on the rollercoaster, then we'll play some games at the funfair, and buy some cotton candy. Gosh! So much fun is in store! shocked cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by noetic16(m): 12:37am On Mar 14, 2010
Tudór:

Yeah. . . In other words you don't deny being mavenbox, right?

There's a slim chance you might actually be innocent so For the sake of CLARITY, Are you the same person as the disgraced mavenbox? YES or NO please.

and who exactly disgraced mavenbox? . . ,   . .bro tudor can u please forgive . . , whatever the offence is and let mavenbox live in peace. . . .ehn?  cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by viaro: 1:40am On Mar 14, 2010
InesQor:

cheesy Viaro, welcome to the Nairaland Ferris Wheel! Myself and Tudor have been having a swell time. Maybe after, we'll all go on the rollercoaster, then we'll play some games at the funfair, and buy some cotton candy. Gosh! So much fun is in store! shocked cheesy

Hehehe . . . Tudór is cool. I can't wait to be ferried in that Ferris Wheel, though. So here's viaro aka mavenbox. Any questions? grin

Guys, let's leave these small things aside. I've been looking at this 'Superhuman Complexity' and trying to wrap my head around it. Would the verse in the topic be 2 Corinthians rather than 1 Corinthians (chapter 5 in the latter ends at verse 13)? Small deal though.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by InesQor(m): 8:08am On Mar 14, 2010
@Noetic16 & viaro: cheesy my brothers, here is the rollercoaster! Enjoy!!

I have seen a lot of this flying around. LOL. Like some days ago a thread where Deep Sight (who initially clamoured for Noetic16's return) was now confident that the guy is Davidylan grin (I like how David just ignored it all, I may do that next time).

Or an old thread that someone inferred that Tudor could be the more polite Mazaje (not to mention that I think Tudor may really be our apparently more tactful moderator called manmustwac shocked).

On another old thread is KunleOshob and Enigma saying viaro is pilgrim1 grin, some thread on tithes.

But the funniest so far is nuclearboy who on my meta-ethics thread cheesy said viaro may be multitasking as everyone here except Deep Sight

shocked Oh what a laugh!
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by Tudor6(f): 9:47am On Mar 14, 2010
InesQor:

^^^Madam Tudor, I already told you I may be Will Smith or Tunde Fashola for all you know, because this is a faceless forum.
I didn't ask if you were will smith or conan the destroyer. . . . I specifically asked if you are mavenbox. . . . .

This is not a faceless forum and you're only entitled to one 'face'. . . .
Are you the 'face' called mavenbox? YES or NO
How does this witchhunting matter to you?
This is not a witch-hunt but an innocent quest for TRUTH and upholding the rules on NL against multiple Id's.
What will I gain if I agree with this? What will I lose if I am not this acquaintance of yours?
hmmm. . . .always looking for gain. Are you greedy?

Anyways you stand to gain alot. . If you admit to being the same person as mavenbox then you'd be telling the TRUTH which is WJWD(that is very rare for mavenbox).

Now if and that is a big IF you aren't mavenbox then its a serious weight off your shoulders coz that mavenbox character is some heavy shitzie. Then we can all hold hands, sing amazing grace and go on the Nairaland ferris wheel

You see, either way you win.

Now being the easy going, meek and sensitive person that I am, I'm willing to give you the option of replying privately by mail or messenger. Just YES or NO, your life story isn't necessary. That shouldn't be hard for you since you suggested you "make friends really easily" now should it?
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by Tudor6(f): 9:48am On Mar 14, 2010
InesQor:

@Noetic16 & viaro: cheesy my brothers, here is the rollercoaster! Enjoy!!

I have seen a lot of this flying around. LOL. Like some days ago a thread where Deep Sight (who initially clamoured for Noetic16's return) was now confident that the guy is Davidylan grin (I like how David just ignored it all, I may do that next time).

Or an old thread that someone inferred that Tudor could be the more polite Mazaje (not to mention that I think Tudor may really be our apparently more tactful moderator called manmustwac shocked).

On another old thread is KunleOshob and Enigma saying viaro is pilgrim1 grin, some thread on tithes.

But the funniest so far is nuclearboy who on my meta-ethics thread cheesy said viaro may be multitasking as everyone here except Deep Sight

shocked Oh what a laugh!
You know, comparing your situation to that of noetic and davidylan is misplaced.

Noetic and david have been on NL for YEARS and are very active posters. . .no one can maintain multiple ids like that for so long without raising eyebrows,

Infact their construct and expression of language and ideas are NOT similar. Anyone who thinks they're one and the same should suspect brain tumor.

You on the other hand registered the SAME day mavenbox disappeard( thank God). Present similar ideas, analogies, grammer and word constructs like LOL (in capital letters and littering your posts), "Nairaland Ferris Wheel" (that is sooo mavenbox) etc.

Its either some really freaky coincidence or some incompetent foul play and either way you have a case to answer so ignoring is outta the question.

YES or NO is all we ask. It wouldn't take you more than 3 keystrokes.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by Tudor6(f): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2010
noetic16:

and who exactly disgraced mavenbox? . . ,   . .
Oh you missed. . . . Well she admitted all her crimes which include lying and hypocrisy.

My cousin who incidentally is also here on NL (Y'all can NEVER guess who, it'll blow your mind) was telling me how christians these days feel christianity is all about theology or how much you can 'grammatize' and analyse the scripture sounding all schorlarly, smart and 'versed' in the 'written word' WHEN emphasis and the most important thing is to just simply live like christ.
bro tudor can u please forgive . . ,  whatever the offence is and let mavenbox live in peace. . . .ehn?  cheesy
Truth brings forgiveness (at least so they say). Thats why when we become genocidal and murder millions after which satisfied with our work we then form Truth and reconcilliatory commissions. grin
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
I AM SICK OF THE JOKERS PRETENDING THAT FORUM RULES AREN'T BEING BROKEN BY THESE MULTIPLE I.D GOONS. . .

Aside from the blatant dishonesty involved.

Its anonymous, alrite, so one I.d SHOULD DO! Why multiple I.D's and multiple lies? ? ? ? ?

Would it be fair to my many friends on this forum if i 2moro registered as Fela1 AND THEN BEGAN TO INSIST AND LIE THAT I AM NOT DEEP SIGHT?

Would it be Christian? ? ?

Why the bother, since Deep Sight is Largely anonymous, anyway (save the few i have revealed myself to! - by choice) It doesn't bother me - why should it bother anyone - if you are not Osama bin laden or a convicted felon - do you have somthing to hide or are you ashamed of the views you have expressed on this forum? ? ? ?

By the way my saying David is Noetic was jus kiddin . . .i do not really think so . . .but Viaro is DEFINITELY Pilgrim1 - any casual review of their posts, language, style, arguments and even formatting will reveal that in an instant. That is why he is so defensive of the mavenbox/ Inesqor deceit!
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by InesQor(m): 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Tudor: LOL

You asked for 3 keystrokes. Please find your three keystrokes emboldened above. And I never knew that LOL was a licensed word. LOL.

@Deep Sight:
Thanks for joining us. Have you ever, also, considered the possibility that
Pilgrim1 = Viaro = Mavenbox = InesQor? shocked LOL
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^^^ Yes o! It just might be! Maybe Viaro/Inesqor i working overtime!
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2010
Esp when you consider Mavenbox's bizzarre statement that he/she knows for sure Viaro's gender and name and has "irrefutable proof" that Viaro is male etc etc etc
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by viaro: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^^ Yes o! It just might be! Maybe Viaro/Inesqor i working overtime!
Deep Sight:

Esp when you consider Mavenbox's bizzarre statement that he/she knows for sure Viaro's gender and name and has "irrefutable proof" that Viaro is male etc etc etc

There's no need for all the conjectures. I'm not minding the Ferry Wheel at all. Call viaro by any other ID you want, from Abuzola to toneyb - I am all of them (except DeepSight). Any further questions? grin

Deep Sight:

Would it be fair to my many friends on this forum if i 2moro registered as Fela1 AND THEN BEGAN TO INSIST AND LIE THAT I AM NOT DEEP SIGHT?

Would it be Christian? ? ?

Since when did you start being a Christian? And as regards lying, DeepSight there's a harvest of your lies on this motherboard alone that the net is already breaking. So, what's new? Please.

Anyways, after you're done with these petty games, can we return to the topic?
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
Lol Viaro! Am not interested in the topic. . . so carry on.

Cheers!
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by viaro: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^ No bother. I just sometimes wonder why such petty issues become so important as to overshadow a topic of a thread.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
No vex.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by InesQor(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2010
LOL Im enjoying this cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by mrmayor(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2010
Tudór:

You on the other hand registered the SAME day mavenbox disappeard( thank God). Present similar ideas, analogies, grammer and word constructs like LOL (in capital letters and littering your posts), "Nairaland Ferris Wheel" (that is sooo mavenbox) etc.

Madam Tudor,

Make you vex, you don repent? shocked shocked. I thought you are an Atheist, Agnostic, Freethinker, Non Believer wink. wetin dey happen? All this Thank God talk is shocking.

Who be this Mavenbox; post one of His/Her threads.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by toluxa1(m): 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
Marlbron:

ÓP,

A bit disappointed that you didn't provide a link to analyse pastor Chris's message. It is possible that you misunderstood him, so please di not rush to judgement. People should not crucify him, he is not different to other men of God: Adeboye et al. He teaches according to his understanding.

Whilst I believe that only God was meant to teach the scripture, I agree with pastor Chris that when you have the Holy Ghost, you are super hman. Read mark 16; 18

The first sign that will
follow those who believe is
that in Christ's "name shall
they cast out devils." This is a
figure that points to those
who will become saved when
the Gospel is sent forth by
believers. Those who are not
saved are in Satan' s dominion.
When they become saved, it is
as if devils have been cast out
of them. That is, they are no
longer under the power of
Satan. They have been
translated into the kingdom of
Christ. The miracle that people
are saved from Satan's power
takes place wherever the
Gospel is proclaimed by
believers. Indeed this sign
always follows those who
believe.
   The second sign that
follows believers is that they
shall speak with new tongues.
The spiritual meaning of this
figure is found in the fact that
each nation has its own
language. The language
spoken by the unsaved
(regardless of political
language), is that of the
dominion of Satan. The
language of the believer is
that of the kingdom of God.
Even if the same English or
German or French words are
used in both kingdoms, the
language used by the believer
is different from that of the
unbeliever. The words may be
the same, but their meanings
and applications to the
speaker will be quite different.
We are reminded of the Old
Testament prophecy of Psalm
40:3: "He hath put a new song
in my mouth," and Psalm 98:1:
"0 sing unto the LORD a new
song." Indeed, wherever
believers are found, we find
them speaking with new
tongues.
Chapter 3.     The Bible has
More than One Level of
Meaning
PAGE 67
The third sign that will
follow those who believe is
that they will take up
serpents. In the Bible the
serpent typifies Satan (Rev.
12:9). Before we are saved,
we are under Satan's power.
He rules over us; but when we
become saved, we rule over
him. To use the figure of Mark
16:18, we are like the snake
handler who takes up the
snake. Wherever believers are
found, there will be those who
rule over Satan as they
plunder his house of those
who are being saved.
   The fourth sign that follows
those who believe is "if they
drink any deadly thing, it shall
not hurt them." When we
become saved, we drank the
pure water of the Gospel. To
listen to a false gospel is to
drink poison. For example, in
Deuteronomy 32:32, 33, God
faults ancient Israel for their
idol worship by declaring:
For their vine is of the vine
of Sodom, and of the fields
of Gomorrah: their grapes
are grapes of gall, their
clusters are bitter: Their
wine is the poison of
dragons, and the cruel
venom of asps.
However, because believers
can never lose their salvation,
if they should drink poison by
listening to a false gospel, they
cannot lose their salvation.
This principle is true wherever
believers are found.
   The fifth sign that follows
those who believe is "they
shall lay hands on the sick, and
they shall recover." Spiritually,
when believers share the
Gospel with others, they are
ministering to those who are
spiritually ill. The Gospel
applied by the Holy Spirit by
means of the witnessing of
believers brings spiritual
healing, for God says in I Peter
2:24b, 25a, "by whose stripes
ye were healed. For ye were as
sheep going astray." This
principle is also true and will
be in evidence wherever there
are believers.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Mr Mayor -

Another memorable mavenbox thread -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397803.0.html
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by viaro: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
Deep Sight:

Here's a good one -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-389094.0.html

Deep Sight:

@Mr Mayor -

Another memorable mavenbox thread -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397803.0.html

Derailing the thread again?
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by DeepSight(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
Oooops sorry! I await your views on my last post in the Buddhism Thread.

Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by viaro: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^ Okay, will comply. I think the thread has seen its fun for now, so let it enjoy the topic for which it was raised.
Re: Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 by toluxa1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2010
But I thought pilgrim1 was female? I remember over 2 years ago we had a really long debate about THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE.

Recently i also had a chat with Mavenbox and she told me she graduated from my school, FUTMINNA.

BTW, what happened to her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Help God Fulfill His Promises? / Don't Take Eternity Lightly / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.