Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions (22606 Views)

FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions / Biafra: Buhari Should Reverse IPOB Ban - Prof. Ben Nwabueze / Nigeria Closes 5 Foreign Missions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by dedunji: 9:46am On Sep 26, 2017
Buhari started it noted, If I become a president the first thing I will do is to Decrear ARIWA and Fulani a terrorist group. Including opc
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Kazim88: 9:46am On Sep 26, 2017
Goke7:
Some folks don't just understand at all, elections are coming and politicians are not smiling so anyone on their way will be crushed even if its an angel. These folks spends billions on their campaign and can't risk any threat to elections cos its an huge investment that must yield dividends.

I have always said it's the SE Politicians that are dealing with IPOB. Those calling for PMB's head are fighting the wrong battle

How does it make sense "crushing opposition "?

How does attacking Kanu and proscribing IPOB help in avoiding the Election Boycott.

Infact according to Elliot Uko and Prof Ben Nwabueze During that meeting with SE governors Nnamdi Kanu was about to agree to lift the boycott of Anambra Election before military struck.

The whole electorate masses are strongly behind Kanu and IPOB... beyond that election they would still be other sit at home and boycott that would make Nigeria government look foolish.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by VanBommel(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2017
FortifiedCity:
You will eat and won't wash your dishes for days. Everywhere will be smelling but you have time to come and type what I don't know here. Go and clean up joor. Wash your face and mouth too
grin grin
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by maddock(m): 9:50am On Sep 26, 2017
jboi81:

Ishilove I'm so dissapointed in you, in fact you're evil nature, did you just ask if Fulani herdsmen directly challenge constituted authority? So taken up weapons in uniform, with guns shooting and bombing people and engaging the army is not a direct confrontation? This is why the country will never move forward, people like you are the poison in this country, we will see where all this ends, bury your head in shame if you have any, old baby.

Can you kindly post to us the leaders of the alleged fulani heardsmen. Like the minister said the alleged heardmen are criminal elements and not terrorist. Have you ever seen a video of the group or someone claiming responsibility of their carnages? Criminals dont advertised themselves on video but terrorist do. When you start seeing the fulani heardsmen on video taking responsibility for their actions then you can call them terrorist until then they are criminal elements. Those kidnappers and ritualists why dont you classify them as terrorist?

1 Like

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2017
Adebowale89:
why is FG taking this matter so serious, I still think FG can stop the agitation of IPOB without proscribing them as terrorist

even the blind man knew things aren't working well in this country, enough with this ipob stuff. we have many pressing issues to deal with abeg

They are now getting tired of ipob
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2017
2sexyus:
you shouldn't be laughing over this None. No igbo person should. I personally do not like ipob and their menace but we can't deny the obvious here that this government only bear its fangs on those they perceive to be weaker. Laughing and you indirectly saying Fulani herdsmen are angels and saints

Smh

She is not igbo. She is from delta state, Ukwuani i guess. She is and has always been anti-igbo. She and her people stand for nothing.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2017
2sexyus:
you shouldn't be laughing over this None. No igbo person should. I personally do not like ipob and their menace but we can't deny the obvious here that this government only bear its fangs on those they perceive to be weaker. Laughing and you indirectly saying Fulani herdsmen are angels and saints

Smh

No insane nor sane human is yet to support d killing by some miscreant fulani,,call them herdsmen I boldly differ,, herdsmen are jus men to take cattles round for grazing. ... wen the so called fulanis go about their crime are they seen with cattles....why "herdsmen" branding.All am tryna say is that this fulanis miscreant are faceless group,no spokeman,,no agitation what so ever ,,for our forces to jus enter bush and catch any herdsman they see leads nowhere ... We see this people ourselves what have we done to them.
That some conductor turn arm robbers @ night how easy wil it be for the police to go after conductors... even tho every1 agrees they turn sumtinelse @ nite.
Let them b as organise as ipob or as any group,,let's see
how the FG wil bail them.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2017
Igbo governors are very foolish.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by PointZerom: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2017
igbodefender:
Many Igbos came online to beg IPOB to register as a Nigerian political party or pressure group, but IPOB online supporters called them names.

This is a group that would have produced or influenced the production of accoumtable governors and other leaders for Ndigbo if only they had given Nigeria another chance.

Now, just negodu.

My brother IPOB to them is a terror group, watch out for another name maybe Ohanaeze to be used in place of IPOB..... Igbos are not fools.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by tiwasiaife(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2017
A new name will emerge All people of Biafra Apob Let govt continue to gazette but a new name is on the way u gazetted ipob did u gazzet massob BIM or others?
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Sanchez01: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Well I don't need to educate you that there is more gas in Igboland than anywhere in Nigeria
Tell me more! grin
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2017
Smooyis:
I wish the federal government is fair enough to use the same speed to tackle the problem of herdsmen terrorism on innocent farmers shocked shocked shocked
actually most of them settle for less. Was it not the same Igbo women that were sleeping with the FMG army during the war in exchange for food and giving out information on the movement of the biafra soldiers? Most of them were even cheering the military for killing innocent citizens in Aba few weeks ago.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Andy2274: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2017
So our Federal government can take quick action like this? Why have they not done same to Boko haram and Herdsmen? Why have they decided to dialogue with some people that gave quit notice to other people in the same country or is that not a threat to the security of the country? They will continue to cheat us because our so called governors and leaders in se, have sold their right for a pot of indomie.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Sanchez01: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Who said Ojukwu is greedy

I said Ojukwu thought all men are noble like him and have good conscience like him that is why he never exchanged oil for freedom because he thought good people around the world will help his people
In your words;
IPOB strategy is different from that of Ojukwu who refused to give up oil for freedom because he thought all men think as he do and therefore will respect the right of Biafrans to Self Determination
So you're telling me that Ojukwu was stupid not to understand that freedom comes with a price? I love this wink
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by PointZerom: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2017
maddock:

Can you kindly post to us the leaders of the alleged fulani heardsmen. Like the minister said the alleged heardmen are criminal elements and not terrorist. Have you ever seen a video of the group or someone claiming responsibility of their carnages? Criminals dont advertised themselves on video but terrorist do. When you start seeing the fulani heardsmen on video taking responsibility for their actions then you can call them terrorist until then they are criminal elements. Those kidnappers and ritualists why dont you classify them as terrorist?

They're terror group, they have a leader and belong to miyyati Allah ( pardon my spelling), AK47 is Their symbol and flag. Btw IPOB and Fulani herdsmen, which will you like to visit your farm land and family?.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Ollysma: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2017
The rate at which buhari is fighting Ipob if he has fought Fulani herdsmen at that rate Nigeria would have been better by now.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by ibro2040: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

What did the Rebels in Syria promise the US before getting the support of the US to fight Assad.?

Think with your brain.t the Americans are destroying Syria for the Israelis in order to weaken Hizbullah

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by maddock(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2017
PointZerom:

They're terror group, they have a leader and belong to miyyati Allah ( pardon my spelling), AK47 is Their symbol and flag. Btw IPOB and Fulani herdsmen, which will you like to visit your farm land and family?.

Brother thats where you got it all wrong. We shouldnt make statements we cant substantiate. Nobody is saying that its okay for anybody to take the life of another human being but we shouldn't let our emotions becloud our sense of reasoning. You can say that because you are in the south but come to the north even an ibo man was amonst those so called fulani heardsmen that attacked a village in Southern kaduna. There are so many stuff going on that we dont know.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2017
maddock:

Mohammedu Buhari is the grand patron of the herdsmen.

And so anyone who advertises themselves on the TV is a terrorist? You are beyond dumb
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Saintp(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2017
We are trying so hard to tell the world that we have terror organisations. We are telling the world that apart from boko haram, Fulani herdsmen that are known internationally, we have the third one they don't know.
I hope we will not complain when the US and EU start putting us where they put Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq etc and probably including Nigeria to any potential travel restrictions, bans or extra profiling due to terror risks.
Our problem solving techniques in this part of the world is amazing.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Ishilove: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2017
Laid2001:
Your head is there jare!!
Terrorism is the use of violence or threat of violence especially against civilians in the pursuit of political aims, religious, or ideological change.

There is no Organization called Fulani herdsmen like we have Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB and Shekau's Boko Haram.

There is no known structure called Fulani Herdsmen. Herding is a trade, and it is mostly done by Fulani people. Hence any Fulani man herding is a Fulani herdsman. How do you proscribe a set of traders. Just like saying you want to proscribe Ibo Traders or Yoruba Taxi drivers because some of them are engaged in criminal activities.

If we are able to pin the menace of some Fulani herdsmen attack to an organized set of people by any name, then it can be tagged a terrorist organization. But also, we must be able to link it to politics, religious or ideological issue as well.

Ahhh, at last, someone with an education...

I really do not have the inclination to school anyone. Let them get off the internet and bury their noses in those fossils called 'books'.

1 Like

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2017
maddock:

Brother thats where you got it all wrong. We shouldnt make statements we cant substantiate. Nobody is saying that its okay for anybody to take the life of another human being but we shouldn't let our emotions becloud our sense of reasoning. You can say that because you are in the south but come to the north even an ibo man was amonst those so called fulani heardsmen that attacked a village in Southern kaduna. There are so many stuff going on that we dont know.
An Igbo man amongst the herdsmen? Please provide Link to this claim
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by PointZerom: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2017
maddock:

It doesn't matter those involved, they're terror group. The northern elites are behind them and are pushing for free land for grazing. Don't be fooled.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Ishilove: 10:43am On Sep 26, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

The blood of innocent ibos killed will be on you if you don't take time.
Blood of people killed will be on me ke? undecided

Hahahaha! This is laughable cheesy

The only one with blood on his hands is Nnamdi Kanu who pulled a Houdini on his misguided and jobless followers.

2 Likes

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Ishilove: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2017
jaymichael:
Ishilove what are you trying to do? argue with or educate 'pigs and idiots'? You sure don't want to get your pretty dress soiled in their mud of BIGOTRY, IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY. The respect you have here is too BIG for such.
I am just having myself a good laugh, brah. I am not arguing with anyone because it is totally pointless. You can see the pained IPOB yoots having paroxysms of grief on this thread. Are those the ones you will try to reason with?

2 Likes

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by lailo: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2017
Jerryojozy:
FG is not fair in this issue. Fulani herdsmen have caused more harm, yet no cow dance have been declared against them. Kurdish people held their referendum no RGP, soldiers, machine guns was sent to wipe out the region. Sane society!

Genius J
u guys are just shouting Fulani Herdsmen, it's Fulani herdsmen a group or organisation? Any Fulani that rears cows is an herdsman but not all of them are militant. So because some of them are evil, does it mean any Fulani man now involved in herding business is a militant or terrorist? Please stop d hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by kannymoore(m): 10:56am On Sep 26, 2017
FortifiedCity:
The man is a total failure. You will know that by his achievement before becoming President : he achieved nothing, he couldn't add value to the lives of Nigerians in anyway other than causing trouble and creating unnecessary tension with his hate speeches.

Well I know no sensible person voted him sha. He rigged undecided

Well..he hasn't achieved much but for the first in one and a half years.. we have never had fuel scarcity!!

Yeah!

Since may last year to be exact!

And you know what's beautiful.. there actually wasn't any fuel crisis last Christmas for the first time in over twenty years or more.

So..

He may not be the best but at least, the era of queing for long hours overnight at filling stations is gone forever!
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by BabaRamota1980: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2017
The loophole is to come up as a group under different name. They might even merge into BZM and this time operate underneath the radar.

FG has failed to display leadership on this matter. Warning others that same fate would befall them if they agitate separation is direct confrontation. How many ethnic movement groups can the FG invade and eliminate before the Army itself begin to crumble under the weight of ethnic patriotism.

Northerners are failures in democracy, they are in thier element when it's jihadism, terrorism, massacre, genocide.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2017
kannymoore:

Well..he hasn't achieved much but for the first in one and a half years.. we have never had fuel scarcity!!

Yeah!

Since may last year to be exact!

And you know what's beautiful.. there actually wasn't any fuel crisis last Christmas for the first time in over twenty years or more.

So..

He may not be the best but at least, the era of queing for long hours overnight at filling stations is gone forever!
Did you just come into Nigeria. Buhari's tenure had the worst fuel scarcity in this nation. Power generation came to 0 at a time. Check well please
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by kannymoore(m): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Did you just come into Nigeria. Buhari's tenure had the worst fuel scarcity in this nation. Power generation came to 0 at a time. Check well please

Read well and read again..

I said .

"Since May last year till now.. there hasn't been any fuel crisis whatsoever!"

Now tell me the longest period we have ever had without one fuel scarcity wahala or the other in the past 20 years!

Just tell me the last time you went an entire year or 12 months without any major fuel crisis?

And no!.. Buhari did have the worst fuel crisis in Nigeria... Jonathan did!

I dunno whether you were in Lagos oh but I vividly remember ATM's...Banks, telecom masts and even Radio Stations shutting down at the tail end of Jonathan's tenure; right before his handover; because there was no drop of diesel or petrol anywhere to run their generation sets.

Never in my almost 40 years have I ever experienced a near breakdown of public service due to non availability of petroleum products.
Re: FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 26, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4IZvrBUTbY

you do the gra gra now comes the blala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechiā€™s Turbaning: Al-Makura, Sheriff, Lalong, 21 Senators, 56 Reps Missed / Kaduna: Four Injured As Suspected Thugs Attack LP Campaign Convoy / Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.