Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) (30647 Views)

Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2017
Abeg who has her email or phone number?
Let me toast her and try my luck

Explorers:
'All the Nigerians are gonna be there like 'gimme Coca Cola, gimme me beef, why you have no beef left?

I want beef.

''And I'm just gonna be there like, 'Sorry sir, we ran out of beef'.

'All the Nigerians are gonna be there asking for f****** upgrades because they haven't got enough leg room because their B**s are in their way.

Big d**** like this swinging from side to side.'

British Airways has launched an investigation after a video emerged of an air stewardess making racist comments about passengers on a flight toNigeria.

The woman, dressed in a BA uniform, apparently filmed herself as she was about to fly from London Heathrow to Abuja on Friday night.

The footage was recorded in her car and has been circulated among shocked cabin crew who reported.

The airline said today: 'We expect the utmost professionalism from our staff when they are representing British Airways.

We are investigating this video.

During the one-minute clip, broadcast on Snapchat, the blonde female worker also revealed how she was going to deal with passengers on the six-hour flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07VBLa4RMKs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZfC5xAjh2k/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4918596/British-Airways-launches-investigation-video-emerges.html#ixzz4tj6brHaF

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 26, 2017
DaminiteHood014:
[i][/i]

[b][/b]We refuse to sell our birth rights like the MAGGOT you are.

Do you even have a birth right in your family not to talk of Nigeria? If you are sensible enough, you would know what she said is not close to being a racist, she only said what she feels, her only issue is she recorded it and some how the record got leaked... She could have done what she said without saying anything and those mofos in that plane won't know anything. Always playing the victim, which is typical of every Nigerians

Next time you want to talk, talk with your mouth well connected to your brain and if you are typing, type with your fingers also well connected to your brain. You useless being. If you know what is good for yourself, back off, you don't want to go this lane with me this morning and remember to ask your mum if you are not a bastard. Fool.

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Wallade(m): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2017
MEILYN:
She was just joking. There's absolutely nothing racist about all she said.

Would you go on social media or international TV to insult a tribe, nation or better still, your employer and call it s joke?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:
This isn't racist per se. She mentioned Nigerians and not blacks or Africans.

Yet, She's only voiced out what most white people, especially Europeans and Arabs think about us in the secret of their minds.

Thank you very much, God bless your reasoning and every other person that think this way. Racist my ass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:
This isn't racist per se. She mentioned Nigerians and not blacks or Africans.

Yet, She's only voiced out what most white people, especially Europeans and Arabs think about us in the secret of their minds.
Agreed

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by RedboneSmith(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2017
Wallade:

It is about decorum and professional ethics

The comments were made outside her working hours, first of all. Although I agree it may not have been the smartest thing for her to post it online.

And I understand that the stereotyped BBC thing is considered offensive by some people. I am just saying that personally, I do not care about this. There is a lot more serious racism in the world for me to be bothered about a young air hostess trying to joke about difficult Nigerian passengers.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by pretty16(f): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2017
Hehehe, her job on the line.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by eyinjuege: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
We are always gullible just because we enter plane doesn't mean we should finish their food...this is not racist but the truth

They normally have options on the plane. Beef or chicken meal. Why provide the options when you don't intend to give your customers?
Why not just inform them that you are providing only chicken from thr onset ?
Youu expect people not to eat on a 6 hour flight? You're not allowed to bring in your own meal or drink into the plane. You wake up early to be at the airport to check in so most likely you would have missed your breakfast/lunch, yet you're not allowed to bring in your own food. Please what are you expected to do? You have medications to take because youre diabetic and you have to take with food. Please what do they want you to do? The last xhicken meal you had on the plane gave you diarrhoea, please won't you ask for beef?

7 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Pennywise(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2017
She is a cute girl, though not very brilliant. But then again she is a blonde. People should be reasonable about expectations. I like her. Nothing racist about her comments. Give her a break
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by abbeyty(m): 8:25am On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
We are always gullible just because we enter plane doesn't mean we should finish their food...this is not racist but the truth

Dont mind them, they eat too much. that is why nearly everyone most especially the rich ones in Nigeria always develop big belly cuz they stock a lot of things in their stomach in the name of eating.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by ooshinibos: 8:30am On Sep 26, 2017
This is not a racist comment but mocking ..but Nigerian wahala too much on plane , we are a different breed ..that's why Nigeria is the way it is today ,no movement
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by cstr1000: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2017
There is nothing racist here. She was praising the Big black coc* like she want some. cheesy
It would be shame if they sacked her.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 26, 2017
cstr1000:
There is nothing racist here. She was praising the Big black coc* like she want some. cheesy
It would be shame if they sacked her.
Someone should please give her BBC that she is asking for grin grin
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by cstr1000: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Arielle: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
Look on the bright side... grin

She had to say it.

I never noticed we swing our BBCs from left to right.

I never also noticed they notice us do so.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a B. A. FLIGHT won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that is want there. But I chose to act like I did not notice.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism was to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School, University library, gymn club, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile and little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have told her such opinions Might be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then leave it at that.

One million likes. (That cold stare really works. cheesy It leaves the would-be bigot feeling small and quite confused. It usually gets them angry because they think you're being snobby and superior. Best treatment for them). We really need to start picking our battles intelligently. And not let everything get under our skin. Someone is gripping about her job and her customers. We all do. Should it have a different coloration because she happens to be white? (Pun intended). Some things are just not worth one's attention. Even if she was being racist. Why accord some small minded person undeserved attention? Let's save our precious time for the big things. Like when someone or an organisation denies you of a job you're qualified for simply because of your race. Then the gloves can rightly come off. Not for this little miss in a snit because she doesn't like her job. Who she be??

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Greenback: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2017
So na coke buhari dey drink upandan aroplain,huh? Always disgracing the zoo..Blady vegetable! grin
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Chommieblaq(f): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
Look on the bright side... grin

She had to say it.

I never noticed we swing our BBCs from left to right.

I never also noticed they notice us do so.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a B. A. FLIGHT won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that is want there. But I chose to act like I did not notice.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism was to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School, University library, gymn club, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile and little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have told her such opinions Might be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then leave it at that.

Nice one
I wish I can give you a million like for this comment.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by claremont(m): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2017
There is nothing racist in her comments. Let's not belittle the concept of racism by ascribing it to an innocent young lady having fun. The people who have experienced genuine racism do not need lessons from Naija on what racism is.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Pidginwhisper: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2017
giftq:

Dont mind the mindless hypocrites called Nigerians
Na 5% still dey pain..Python dance fall on you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by stevecantrell: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2017
"All their BBCs are in the way......"

Hmmm !

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by sod09(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2017
eyinjuege:

They normally have options on the plane. Beef or chicken meal. Why provide the options when you don't intend to give your customers?
Why not just inform them that you are providing only chicken from thr onset ?
Youu expect people not to eat on a 6 hour flight? You're not allowed to bring in your own meal or drink into the plane. You wake up early to be at the airport to check in so most likely you would have missed your breakfast/lunch, yet you're not allowed to bring in your own food. Please what are you expected to do? You have medications to take because youre diabetic and you have to take with food. Please what do they want you to do? The last xhicken meal you had on the plane gave you diarrhoea, please won't you ask for beef?
she never said they didn't have food for them ,what she was saying is after the normal portion they ask for more
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Wisebisho: 9:01am On Sep 26, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
There is nothing like racist comments ok.

check our girls bleaching their skins because they think is inferior to fair/white complexion.
blacks are animals.
no complaints
You need to check if your brain is functioning.. Every race matters, no one should be classified more superior to others.. I don't choose to be black, I just got lucky. I love my black color.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Wisebisho: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2017
wickyyolo:

There is nothing racist in her comments.
There is racism in everything she said.. She cannot use or say those ugly words to her country people.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by oshaosha2014(m): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2017
Thank you jare. What we do to each other is worst. Hypocrites.
Saintp:

Nigerians like to complain about racism but forget they do worse and that is tribalism.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by stevecantrell: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2017
giftq:

Someone should please give her BBC that she is asking for grin grin

You think she hasnt dated a Nigerian already ?that girl was just being nostalgic about the former BBC.

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Wisebisho: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
Who told you anyone wants to finish thier food? Guy its not not easy to patronise an airline with more than a 1000usd on a flight. Anytime am flying I ask for whatever I need and they will gladly give it to me. Beside I don't eat their food, I always ask for wine.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by oshaosha2014(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2017
They should fire her if they want. You people act like victims all the time, and it is only victims I see having the 'right' to spew trash about other people but not about them. You don't want a white man to speak up about your disgusting behaviour, you are fully ready to term him a racist. Come on, they are not super human,
they should be able to complain too!! Except you see yourself below them, I see no reason why you can't say shit about them if they say same to you and leave it at that, without the racism wahala, which makes you look helpless.

babyfaceafrica:
she is not professional..do you know the amount of customers BA is going to loose for recklessness.... Ahw is gonna be fired,unless HSE has oga at the top
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by babyfaceafrica: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

The comments were made outside her working hours, first of all. Although I agree it may not have been the smartest thing for her to post it online.

And I understand that the stereotyped BBC thing is considered offensive by some people. I am just saying that personally, I do not care about this. There is a lot more serious racism in the world for me to be bothered about a young air hostess trying to joke about difficult Nigerian passengers.
it is not about what you care...it is about her job...some Nigerians are definettly not flying BA because of these,because theyvare offended and this means BA will lose customers..to regain this BA needs to step in and fire her or if she is very lucky ,transfer her to Libya.......profession before fun..she didn't think at all..we all have bias over other people, but some of us are smart..try this with a bank and embassy and you will be sacked immediately
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Wisebisho: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2017
heendrix:
No racism in anything she said. ....Nigerians dont just have the spirit of comportment and patience remind me of a man sitting opp me during a flight to Europe in an Emirate airline the way the man was complaining coz of the quantity of food made me wonder if he use jazz on the person who approved his visa undecided

it's so sad to share a country with this type of people undecided
Claiming to be OK while you are not. That's why you will always be pushed aside. I was on a Turkish flight to Ankara: the air hostess gave me a bottle of red wine. Later I told her that am not OK with a bottle: she put a smile, went back and get me another bottle of red wine.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by babyfaceafrica: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2017
oshaosha2014:
They should fire her if they want. You people act like victims all the time, and it is only victims I see having the 'right' to spew trash about other people but not about them. You don't want a white man to speak up about your disgusting behaviour, you are fully ready to term him a racist. Come on, they are not super human,
they should be able to complain too!! Except you see yourself below them, I see no reason why you can't say shit about them if they say same to you and leave it at that, without the racism wahala, which makes you look helpless.

k
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Wisebisho: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2017
heendrix:
No racism in anything she said. ....Nigerians dont just have the spirit of comportment and patience remind me of a man sitting opp me during a flight to Europe in an Emirate airline the way the man was complaining coz of the quantity of food made me wonder if he use jazz on the person who approved his visa undecided

it's so sad to share a country with this type of people undecided
Claiming to be OK while you are not. That's why you will always be pushed aside. I was on a Turkish flight to Ankara: the air hostess gave me a bottle of red wine. Later I told her that am not OK with a bottle: she put a smile, went back and get me another bottle of red wine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.