Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) (30651 Views)

Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2017
DaminiteHood014:

You spoke but it became pointless. Your type get deported because you will always lack originality.

This is the dumbest thing I have heard today, you should collect an award for that. I lack originality? Laughing in my native dialect, that shows how original I can be. Abeg I don't have strength for this, just go and sleep, you might have something good to say when you wake up.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2017
DaminiteHood014:

Your views are your opinions when best kept to yourself. When brought out then you have obviously decided to make yours an assumption. That's what you get when you make utterrances without due precautions

You again? Why are you all over this thread? Naso wetin the lady talk pain you reach? Did I quote you? Mr Quoter!!! Chai! Some people have suffered o, I can see your originality is about eating beef and drinking coke when on board. You need to check the meaning of the word ORIGINALITY in any dictionary of your choice, it will help you a lot. Just step one side already undecided
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by RedboneSmith(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by musicwriter(m): 11:44am On Sep 26, 2017
That appears to me like a joke and nothing serious. What we need understand is everybody makes a joke. My view is when white people says this kind of thing strictly as a joke, it should be taken as such.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by RedboneSmith(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2017
GetMeRight:

Like saying that the Lebanon swinging dicck is getting in their way? Recorded on video and shared globally?

There's no big dick stereotype about the Lebanese, so what would be the context of making a big dick joke about the Lebanese?

Let's say a Nigerian hostess with a Nigerian airline goes on Snapchat when she is off-duty and makes a joke about Lebanese passengers and garlic sauce, what do you think would be the reaction on the internet?

Note that from my first comment I already said posting it was probably not the smartest thing to do, but no I don't consider it that serious or racist or even a fireable 'offence'.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Shaev7(m): 11:51am On Sep 26, 2017
cummando:
u are carried
very Karid
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by gabe: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
She said we 've got big balls n dicks. that's a compliment. And we loooveee beef. No argument there.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by gabe: 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

Please read well. We have noticed you work. I said she should be punished if her actions are unprofessional in the flights. Or if the video goes against the principles of B. A. If her opinions, which aren't based on facts but mere sentiments, hurt their business, then they have a right to call her to order.

But please I am not endangered. I am not a sorry case. Don't pity me because I am black and punish a woman who says I have a Big black whatever and tells me they have run out of beef, whether true or false. I don't need that. There is a thin line between sanctioning her for unprofessional conduct and her just being plain silly on an android App. Tell her she shouldn't complain about any customer. Not just because she says blacks are this or that.

If I could, it is what I would advise B. A. and ensure they do.

I understand your point about the stewardess, but ignoring racism when it's blatantly manifested is a no. How do you think 'driving while black' and the shootings that provoked BLM started? Stereotyping. All blacks are drug dealers, pimps and always carry guns which they use to shoot each other, or just shoot anyone they see, cos you see, they 've got no sense. So police officers always switch to the default stereotype mode when they see a black man. They don't instinctively hate black people. They just shoot first because their stereotyping had sunk into their subconscious and they won't want to get shot first. That's why it's important to fight the thoughts and words of racism because they become actions. Eg if Buhari says most Nigerians abroad are drug dealers and criminals, which sane country would want to give visas to drug dealers and criminals? it's important to present a counter narrative to racial stereotyping.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by GetMeRight: 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

There's no big dick stereotype about the Lebanese, so what would be the context of making a big dick joke about the Lebanese?

Let's say a Nigerian hostess with a Nigerian airline goes on Snapchat when she is off-duty and makes a joke about Lebanese passengers and garlic sauce, what do you think would be the reaction on the internet?

Note that from my first comment I already said posting it was probably not the smartest thing to do, but no I don't consider it that serious or racist or even a fireable 'offence'.
Most of the things we do or say (racist comments, stealing, murder, rape, bullying and so on) that get criticised was because it became known to other people.
My point is that: if her comment wasn't racist comment, you yourself wouldn't be saying that she shouldn't have made it public. You get my point?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by GetMeRight: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
gabe:
I understand your point about the stewardess, but ignoring racism when it's blatantly manifested is a no. How do you think 'driving while black' and the shootings that provoked BLM started? Stereotyping. All blacks are drug dealers, pimps and always carry guns which they use to shoot each other, or just shoot anyone they see, cos you see, they 've got no sense. So police officers always switch to the default stereotype mode when they see a black man. They don't instinctively hate black people. They just shoot first because their stereotyping had sunk into their subconscious and they won't want to get shot first. That's why it's important to fight the thoughts and words of racism because they become actions. Eg if Buhari says most Nigerians abroad are drug dealers and criminals, which sane country would want to give visas to drug dealers and criminals? it's important to present a counter narrative to racial stereotyping.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by RedboneSmith(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
GetMeRight:

Most of the things we do or say (racist comments, stealing, murder, rape, bullying and so on) that get criticised was because it became known to other people.
My point is that: if her comment wasn't racist comment, you yourself wouldn't be saying that she shouldn't have made it public. You get my point?

The reason I think she shouldn't have posted it is not because I think it is racist, but because I know how touchy and easily offended people are. And people like us Africans who have been (and still are) at the receiving end of racism are doubly touchy and have a hard time deciding when something is genuine racism and when something should just be laughed off.

She should have know that too.

3 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by TheEminentLaity: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
What's derogatory about what she said? don't forget she said '...on a lighter note...' before she started talking all that. Why don't you mention what is derogatory about what she joked about? Don't our brothers have big d!cks, generally even Lukaku fans made up a chant about his big schlong and he took no offense because they obviously mean well.

The world is getting too sensitive jaare
GetMeRight:

Making racist comments is all about the other person having fun by making derogatory comments about who you are.
Or, what is a racist comments in your own dictionary?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by orbis(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
Look on the bright side... grin

She had to say it... Hahaha.. We have Big Black C*cks.

I never noticed we swing our BBCs from left to right.

I never also noticed they notice us do so.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a 6-10 hours max B. A. Flight won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that it doesn't exist. But I chose to act like I did not notice. I simply ensure I do not notice you are being racist to me. You are racist because you think you are superior. But I decide not to notice or accept your superiority.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and most importantly, obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism is to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. Because I am black, then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School I.D,, University library, gymn club, Hostel Electronic Access card/I. D., Bus Electronic Card, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro that I would now be bothered about? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. As long as they didn't stop me from boarding the metro then I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow her unprofessionalism. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile a little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have smiled for a second or two and politely told her such opinions MIGHT be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then I would leave it at that and continue with what ever I was doing.

You are right baba. I do same thing you just described. I never let any racist bullcrap get to me. I laugh each time i see African American black acting like fools and dont expect to be treated as inferior beings. Me sef i de fear them cos you dont know if d dude carry gun.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by d33types: 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
We are always gullible just because we enter plane doesn't mean we should finish their food...this is not racist but the truth

ON a lighter note, did you mean to write glutton instead of gullible?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
MADUBI:

You again? Why are you all over this thread? Naso wetin the lady talk pain you reach? Did I quote you? Mr Quoter!!! Chai! Some people have suffered o, I can see your originality is about eating beef and drinking coke when on board. You need to check the meaning of the word ORIGINALITY in any dictionary of your choice, it will help you a lot. Just step one side already undecided

Really, thinking if you meant your words. Knowing you can't page even a formal letter, what then is your alter ego?.

I refuse to give your type promoted on trial. Just F9
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by sod09(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
d33types:

ON a lighter note, did you mean to write glutton instead of gullible?
shocked shocked
just seeing this
apologies...its glutton wink wink

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Tellemall: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
We are always gullible just because we enter plane doesn't mean we should finish their food...this is not racist but the truth

What do they do with the extra food, since it was prepacked days before sometimes? How is it finishing their food?

Maybe she's slighted by having to serve a loud set of arrogant Nigerians. Ordinarily, she has no business saving the airline money on extra food that she will not be carting home herself anyway.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Tellemall: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
Look on the bright side... grin

She had to say it... Hahaha.. We have Big Black C*cks.

I never noticed we swing our BBCs from left to right.

I never also noticed they notice us do so.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a 6-10 hours max B. A. Flight won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that it doesn't exist. But I chose to act like I did not notice. I simply ensure I do not notice you are being racist to me. You are racist because you think you are superior. But I decide not to notice or accept your superiority.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and most importantly, obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism is to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. Because I am black, then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School I.D,, University library, gymn club, Hostel Electronic Access card/I. D., Bus Electronic Card, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro that I would now be bothered about? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. As long as they didn't stop me from boarding the metro then I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow her unprofessionalism. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile a little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have smiled for a second or two and politely told her such opinions MIGHT be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then I would leave it at that and continue with what ever I was doing.

You can say this again.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
MADUBI:

This is the dumbest thing I have heard today, you should collect an award for that. I lack originality? Laughing in my native dialect, that shows how original I can be. Abeg I don't have strength for this, just go and sleep, you might have something good to say when you wake up.

You can't take your words back. You can try yet would never because fake is fake. Be proud of your origin by being defensive of how you are seen, addressed, referenced and related to/with.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Tats(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
Here is a scenario:
On a BA flight in economy, they prepare 50 dishes of Rice & Beef and another 50 of Mashed Potato & Duck.
Which of these two do you think Nigerians will go for? The beef dish of course!
What happens when beef is finished? Wahala starts!

Why on earth can't they try to understand their passengers general meal preference and do a bit more to accommodate it by making more Beef dishes for example. They would likely not serve Beef on a flight to New Delhi or serve Pork sausage on a flight to Doha or even to Abuja. It is likely that their crew do not indicate such meal preferences to their kitchen, hence they don't try to adjust. Or perhaps when the crew report this preference, the kitchen simply ignore them except its religious reasons.

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
DaminiteHood014:

You can't take your words back. You can try yet would never because fake is fake. Be proud of your origin by being defensive of how you are seen, addressed, referenced and related to/with.

You don't have to be defensive of how you are seen, addressed, referenced and related to/with if you portray yourself well. People address you the way they see you, if you portray yourself as a good person, they see you that way and if it is the other way round, they see you the same. There is no faking it or something, the true person that you are will surely come to the limelight one day both locally and internationally.

Only people who are of shady characters that need to proof themselves when accused of who or what they are not. There is nothing to defend in what the air hostess said, she only said what she feels and if Nigerians have not been disturbing her or her colleagues with the issue of beef and coke, she wouldn't have said what she said. She might be joking about it, we all joke about so many things in this country ranging from tribe, to religion and so on. I don't see how what she said is any different.

Nigeria is seen as one of the most corrupt nations in the world, do you defend that by saying it's a lie? Or you let your being a Nigerian influence your judgement? You have to learn to come out clean in any situation. Don't let your tribe, religion or your relationship with people influence the way you act, that is one of the major issues affecting this country. People go into government for there own political gains, politicians do the "chop make I chop syndrome" The facts are there and you don't have to defend it, just come clean. If Nigeria is being accused of any thing which I know it is obviously going to be true, we don't need to go all defensive, we can only change gradually till all the bad eggs among us are filtered.

Do you watch Channels Television at all? There is a programme Channels Television normally do, it is called TRACKA. In this programme, you get to know how millions and billions are assigned to projects in communities yet nothing is being done, no project no money, some projects left uncompleted, some has not started at all, what do you call that? Do you defend that when it gets to the international scene? Will you say it is a lie when the evidence are there because you are a Nigerian? Not to talk of the various crime perpetrated by Nigerians both home and abroad. Come on bro be realistic.

An example of this is when the former prime minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron said Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt nation, did Buhari defend that statement? No because he knows it is the truth. Buhari only told Cameron to help him get those stolen money our politicians have taken to the UK. You have to learn to call a spade a spade, say things the way they are, and that is it.

I understand that some people still find fault in you even when you are good, what you do is to ignore them, they are inconsequential to your being because a larger percentage of people see you as a good person and that's all that matter. Now that's how to act. If you want to be seen as a good person in international scenes, you behave good yourself. We need to start changing our orientation about so many things especially when it comes to relating with ourselves and our counterparts in other countries. Change begins with me, change begins with you.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
DaminiteHood014:

Really, thinking if you meant your words. Knowing you can't page even a formal letter, what then is your alter ego?.

I refuse to give your type promoted on trial. Just F9
Thank God you are not my teacher of which you will and can never be. Please there is this rock close to your house, go and hit your head on it. It will reset you to your default setting. Thanks.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by nextstep(m): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
So what if she's racist? Are Nigerians not tribalist? Why complain of oyinbo people when black men do much worse to themselves...

What she said, a Yoruba stewardess might say about Igbos. Or Igbo complain about Hausa. Or Itshekiri about Urhobo, Or Ekiti against Ondo.

All I glean from the video is she likes BBC news and can't wait to turn on the telly when she gets to the hotel. wink

But this English accent sha... funny to hear

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by 2n2k(m): 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
PDPGuy:
Mtcheww. Much ado about nothing.

Yes, the ticket may cost 800 GBP (over #360,000) which is quite high, but it is still a World Traveler ticket. So, do not expect to be fed 2 or 3 plates of beef, chicken or rice. And you can't expect to be served alcohol, in economy class, on all airlines.

At bolded. You are wrong on that.

Emirate Airline will even serve you in bottles and not only do you have choices, you can always ask for more. Qatar and Etihad also serve alcohol in economy.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by eyinjuege: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
she never said they didn't have food for them ,what she was saying is after the normal portion they ask for more

No.

What she's was saying is Nigerians request a particular food option- beef, which usually gets finished before they get to the aisles at the back. Most still insist on having Beef.
If they've noticed this about their passengers coming to Nigeria, why not make more beef packs of food available?
Why the moaning?
Can someone not request for what they like again especially when you offer it?

3 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by sod09(m): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
eyinjuege:

No.

What she's was saying is Nigerians request a particular food option- beef, which usually gets finished before they get to the aisles at the back. Most still insist on having Beef.
If they've noticed this about their passengers coming to Nigeria, why not make more beef packs of food available?
Why the moaning?
Can someone not request for what they like again especially when you offer it?
she later apologized though
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by laudate: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
gabe:
Well said!! cool

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by laudate: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
Tats:
Here is a scenario:
On a BA flight in economy, they prepare 50 dishes of Rice & Beef and another 50 of Mashed Potato & Duck.
Which of these two do you think Nigerians will go for? The beef dish of course!
What happens when beef is finished? Wahala starts!

Why on earth can't they try to understand their passengers general meal preference and do a bit more to accommodate it by making more Beef dishes for example. They would likely not serve Beef on a flight to New Delhi or serve Pork sausage on a flight to Doha or even to Abuja. It is likely that their crew do not indicate such meal preferences to their kitchen, hence they don't try to adjust. Or perhaps when the crew report this preference, the kitchen simply ignore them except its religious reasons.

Na true word you talk! cheesy
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by laudate: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
ENOUGH TO HOLD YOU TILL YOU GET OFF THE PLANE
And so what is the crime in asking for the food? Didn't you pay for your ticket? Doesn't the cost of the ticket for a 6-hour flight cover food as well?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by ewa26: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
em echoligwage ok
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by ewa26: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

And so what is the crime in asking for the food? Didn't you pay for your ticket? Doesn't the cost of the ticket for a 6-hour flight cover food as well?
hon, what's the difference between Igbo and Yoruba jollof rice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.