Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) (30635 Views)

Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by babyfaceafrica: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
Look on the bright side... grin

She had to say it.

I never noticed we swing our BBCs from left to right.

I never also noticed they notice us do so.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a B. A. FLIGHT won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that is want there. But I chose to act like I did not notice.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism was to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School, University library, gymn club, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile and little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have told her such opinions Might be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then leave it at that.

I don't find it hilarious, nor racist..I find it unprofessional... Don't complain about customers, if you want to do it...do it in your house not on video....she has gotten herself into murky waters..people have been relieved for something less

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by babyfaceafrica: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2017
Wisebisho:

Claiming to be OK while you are not. That's why you will always be pushed aside. I was on a Turkish flight to Ankara: the air hostess gave me a bottle of red wine. Later I told her that am not OK with a bottle: she put a smile, went back and get me another bottle of red wine.
that is someone that knows her job..she maybnot be happy; but shebhas to be professional..people supporting this hostess do not understand work ethics..they are mostly students still collecting pocket money

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by laudate: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
We are always gullible just because we enter plane doesn't mean we should finish their food...this is not racist but the truth

Are you for real? Let me ask you one question first. How big are the portions of food they serve to each passenger?

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2017
stevecantrell:

You think she hasnt dated a Nigerian already ?that girl was just being nostalgic about the former BBC.
Agreed.
Memories of past bbc fall on her grin

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2017
Well she wasn't lying about the big DICKS
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Akan(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2017
At the very worst this is backhanded compliment. Why will I be upset when someone is having a fit over my BBC.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2017
You spoke but it became pointless. Your type get deported because you will always lack originality.

MADUBI:

Do you even have a birth right in your family not to talk of Nigeria? If you are sensible enough, you would know what she said is not close to being a racist, she only said what she feels, her only issue is she recorded it and some how the record got leaked... She could have done what she said without saying anything and those mofos in that plane won't know anything. Always playing the victim, which is typical of every Nigerians

Next time you want to talk, talk with your mouth well connected to your brain and if you are typing, type with your fingers also well connected to your brain. You useless being. If you know what is good for yourself, back off, you don't want to go this lane with me this morning and remember to ask your mum if you are not a bastard. Fool.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2017
Save your mb cause some pupils ain't worth giving common sense

Wallade:

Would you go on social media or international TV to insult a tribe, nation or better still, your employer and call it s joke?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by RedboneSmith(m): 9:50am On Sep 26, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
it is not about what you care...it is about her job...some Nigerians are definettly not flying BA because of these,because theyvare offended and this means BA will lose customers..to regain this BA needs to step in and fire her or if she is very lucky ,transfer her to Libya.......profession before fun..she didn't think at all..we all have bias over other people, but some of us are smart..try this with a bank and embassy and you will be sacked immediately

I didn't say it was about what I care. I was only expressing my opinion about whether this counts as racially offensive or not.

And quite frankly (knowing Nigerians) I don't think a lot of Nigerians will care enough to boycott BA.

A lot of professionals complain about hard-to-please customers during their offtime and it doesn't generate controversy. I've seen doctors do it on Facebook all the time. If this was a Nigerian hostess trying to be funny while saying something similar about, say, Lebanese passengers giving her a hard time, we won't be having this conversation.

The PC crowd only goes to town if it's a white person saying anything about people of colour.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:50am On Sep 26, 2017
Sing it babami...When i die i will be black...To be black is to be Supreme..Forget doz odencies�
DaminiteHood014:
As I see your comment, I use speaker tell my neighbor say 9ja still get hope. 1 berryblast for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I don't find it hilarious, nor racist..I find it unprofessional... Don't complain about customers, if you want to do it...do it in your house not on video....she has gotten herself into murky waters..people have been relieved for something less

Please read well. We have noticed you work. I said she should be punished if her actions are unprofessional in the flights. Or if the video goes against the principles of B. A. If her opinions, which aren't based on facts but mere sentiments, hurt their business, then they have a right to call her to order.

But please I am not endangered. I am not a sorry case. Don't pity me because I am black and punish a woman who says I have a Big black whatever and tells me they have run out of beef, whether true or false. I don't need that. There is a thin line between sanctioning her for unprofessional conduct and her just being plain silly on an android App. Tell her she shouldn't complain about any customer. Not just because she says blacks are this or that.

If I could, it is what I would advise B. A. and ensure they do.

5 Likes

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Shaev7:

tanwinji na dance in Kegistic languaja lol
u are carried

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2017
MADUBI:

Thank you very much, God bless your reasoning and every other person that think this way. Racist my ass.

Your views are your opinions when best kept to yourself. When brought out then you have obviously decided to make yours an assumption. That's what you get when you make utterrances without due precautions
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2017
eyinjuege:

They normally have options on the plane. Beef or chicken meal. Why provide the options when you don't intend to give your customers?
Why not just inform them that you are providing only chicken from thr onset ?
Youu expect people not to eat on a 6 hour flight? You're not allowed to bring in your own meal or drink into the plane. You wake up early to be at the airport to check in so most likely you would have missed your breakfast/lunch, yet you're not allowed to bring in your own food. Please what are you expected to do? You have medications to take because youre diabetic and you have to take with food. Please what do they want you to do? The last xhicken meal you had on the plane gave you diarrhoea, please won't you ask for beef?

Tell them because I'm fed up of persons or entities that lack originality, yet acknowledge being empty vessels with their negative discuss.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by sod09(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Are you for real? Let me ask you one question first. How big are the portions of food they serve to each passenger?
ENOUGH TO HOLD YOU TILL YOU GET OFF THE PLANE
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 26, 2017
cummando:
u are carried

Babasis are presidential. Diaziz o.

Onyonpuz comrados of angripas for a pinchor okpeke o. Because she kekemuke that Babasis of area Nigeria are so much made of oganigwe of what we cannot sancor and because of solidify.

She should vous le pas and walk terribly.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2017
Arielle:

One million likes. (That cold stare really works. cheesy It leaves the would-be bigot feeling small and quite confused. It usually gets them angry because they think you're being snobby and superior. Best treatment for them). We really need to start picking our battles intelligently. And not let everything get under our skin. Someone is gripping about her job and her customers. We all do. Should it have a different coloration because she happens to be white? (Pun intended). Some things are just not worth one's attention. Even if she was being racist. Why accord some small minded person undeserved attention? Let's save our precious time for the big things. Like when someone or an organisation denies you of a job you're qualified for simply because of your race. Then the gloves can rightly come off. Not for this little miss in a snit because she doesn't like her job. Who she be??

Exactly, she's a nobody and that's why it's more irritatingly annoying to let us have are view instead of beef.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2017
Wisebisho:

You need to check if your brain is functioning.. Every race matters, no one should be classified more superior to others.. I don't choose to be black, I just got lucky. I love my black color.

Better Pikin, take ikodo for my mb
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2017
Wisebisho:

There is racism in everything she said.. She cannot use or say those ugly words to her country people.

Save your mb from such expired maggots
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I didn't say it was about what I care. I was only expressing my opinion about whether this counts as racially offensive or not.

And quite frankly (knowing Nigerians) I don't think a lot of Nigerians will care enough to boycott BA.

A lot of professionals complain about hard-to-please customers during their offtime and it doesn't generate controversy. I've seen doctors do it on Facebook all the time. If this was a Nigerian hostess trying to be funny while saying something similar about, say, Lebanese passengers giving her a hard time, we won't be having this conversation.

The PC crowd only goes to town if it's a white person saying anything about people of colour.

Monkey on the loose
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by RedboneSmith(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2017
DaminiteHood014:

Monkey on the loose

You tried before. I ignored your uncouth IQ-deficient ass. Give it a rest already.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by PassionateSoul(m): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

She had to say it... Hahaha.. We have Big Black C*cks.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a 6-10 hours max B. A. Flight won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that it doesn't exist. But I chose to act like I did not notice. I simply ensure I do not notice you are being racist to me. You are racist because you think you are superior. But I decide not to notice or accept your superiority.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and most importantly, obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism is to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. Because I am black, then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School I.D,, University library, gymn club, Hostel Electronic Access card/I. D., Bus Electronic Card, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro that I would now be bothered about? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. As long as they didn't stop me from boarding the metro then I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow her unprofessionalism. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile a little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have smiled for a second or two and politely told her such opinions MIGHT be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then I would leave it at that and continue with what ever I was doing.

This is the best piece I've read in a very long time

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Rubyventures: 10:22am On Sep 26, 2017
Saintp:

Nigerians like to complain about racism but forget they do worse and that is tribalism.

You hit the nail on the head. Nigerians should look closer to home. just take a look on the different threads on this forum and see how different tribes insult one another because they come from different parts of Nigeria. Charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by DaminiteHood014(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

You tried before. I ignored your uncouth IQ-deficient ass. Give it a rest already.

If only you where a rational thinker, you would make a point or keep mute with your mum's phone.
#She go soon catch you
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

Please read well. We have noticed you work. I said she should be punished if her actions are unprofessional in the flights. Or if the video goes against the principles of B. A. If her opinions, which aren't based on facts but mere sentiments, hurt their business, then they have a right to call her to order.

But please I am not endangered. I am not a sorry case. Don't pity me because I am black and punish a woman who says I have a Big black whatever and tells me they have run out of beef, whether true or false. I don't need that. There is a thin line between sanctioning her for unprofessional conduct and her just being plain silly on an android App. Tell her she shouldn't complain about any customer. Not just because she says blacks are this or that.

If I could, it is what I would advise B. A. and ensure they do.

your first sentence is unnecessary... Who said anything about pitying you?..which work have you noticed?..ok
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by BanevsJoker(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:
We are always gullible just because we enter plane doesn't mean we should finish their food...this is not racist but the truth
Do you even know what the word gullible means? It seems to be everyone's favourite word on Nairaland these days. If I pay for something, it's my right to ask for it.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Probz(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Got to wonder if he's even all there to call a fellow negro exactly what some white people would call him.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2017
sod09:

But my brother we paid for it na. so I shouldn't enjoy what I paid for again.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

She had to say it... Hahaha.. We have Big Black C*cks.

Well her opinion doesn't reflect the truth neither does it have any existential importance. If she feels that way, fine. She doesn't want to give a Nigerian Beef?Well, cool. Not eating beef on a 6-10 hours max B. A. Flight won't kill any human, not to talk of a Nigerian.

Personally I ignore racists. After spending years in Europe, I don't notice any racist treatment. Not that it doesn't exist. But I chose to act like I did not notice. I simply ensure I do not notice you are being racist to me. You are racist because you think you are superior. But I decide not to notice or accept your superiority.

One thing I made certain was I acted like every sane person in the society. Doing my studies, minding my business, enjoying the serene environment, paying my bills, contributing to the Society and most importantly, obeying the law.

Certain important and critical things in the world you can no longer be racist about. If your racism is to give me an extra frisk because I am black, then go ahead. If your racism is to stop in your police sedan and ask me to produce an I. D. Because I am black, then why not. Gladly, I have many. International Passport with Visa and Residency, School I.D,, University library, gymn club, Hostel Electronic Access card/I. D., Bus Electronic Card, take a pick.

Infact I did the opposite of fighting racism. I looked on with quiet disgust. The major important things in my life, I did not experience racism. Is it commuting via the metro that I would now be bothered about? An old lady asks where you are from and why you should go back to your country. Well, I gave a calm gaze. Very calm gaze.. But said nothing. Absolutely nothing. She b*tched and complained. When I ignored her a lot of people did too. As long as I wasn't physically attacked, I am fine. As long as they didn't stop me from boarding the metro then I am fine. If I am physically attacked, I will defend myself with all measure and pleasure.

We should stop letting these things get to us. Let us move beyond this phase. Our self esteem and pride should be beyond this. Nah. Her opinion is too petty. If she has broken the law or the Principles of B.A., then sanctions should follow her unprofessionalism. But she should not be punished because she finds Nigerians tiring when they ask for Beef and Coke. Hell, I find Nigerians annoying in flights too. Just as I find the French grouchy, the Germans stubborn, the Americans talkative and the British cocky. I could go on. Even in Africa and Nigeria, we have various forms of prejudice. What? It doesn't sound nice coming from a British Woman? (Sorry I don't call them '' whites'').

I actually found her hilarious. She doesn't know our Nigerian meals go with mainly, Beef. And I would have given her a calm stare. Perhaps smile a little and continue minding my business. If necessary I would have smiled for a second or two and politely told her such opinions MIGHT be considered sentimentally prejudicial and racist. Then I would leave it at that and continue with what ever I was doing.

I Concur With You There Bro.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by dabossman(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2017
wickyyolo:

There is nothing racist in her comments.

Yeah, but why are some folks and the media in the same UK making an issue of the Man Utd fans singing about Lukaku's BBC? If it is offensive in Lukaku's case, then same should apply here.
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by GetMeRight: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Am I the only one that didn't see any racist remark in the video? Inappropriate? Yes but she was obviously having fun.
Making racist comments is all about the other person having fun by making derogatory comments about who you are.
Or, what is a racist comments in your own dictionary?
Re: British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) by GetMeRight: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Like saying that the Lebanon swinging dicck is getting in their way? Recorded on video and shared globally?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.