Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking (60811 Views)

The Revealing Outfits Bridesmaids Wore To Welcome Guests At A Wedding (Video) / See The Wedding Suit This Man Wore That Got People Talking / See How These Young Girls Are Recycling Nylon That Got The Internet Talking -pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by gistking22(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
Pls how can I get to nairaland frontpage
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Ejaisky: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Our oyel money embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Mayydayy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ok
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Yourskills(m): 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
..Life is soo beautiful...Come on...lets be grateful...for all the beautiful things we see everyday.
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by HARKsmart(m): 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Some Afonnjja will not remember that these are there same set of people that they claim do not respect women
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:
Why is EVERYONE from Igbo to Edo to Northern Nigeria dressing like Yorubas and not giving credit?

They'll steal my culture and then rename it "African/Nigerian attire"

No northerner has ever claimed the aso oke head tie is not yoruba. You should be proud people are embracing your outfit instead of throwing arrogant possessive tantrums like a 5 year old.

Are yorubas not african or nigerian? more so than any other ethnic group in nigeria.
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by biacan(f): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
any man that would get married to me should get ready to include GOLD in my dowry.......things like this makes you love your man on and on

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by ProWalker: 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
If you as a bride don't dress the yoruba way....your wedding is incomplete
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by daywatcher: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:
Why is EVERYONE from Igbo to Edo to Northern Nigeria dressing like Yorubas and not giving credit?

hence why some of us are calling for Oduduwa republic or at worse reconstructuring so that all nations can be recognised within the Nigerian construct
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

No northerner has ever claimed the aso oke head tie is not yoruba. You should be proud people are embracing your outfit instead of throwing arrogant possessive tantrums like a 5 year old.

Are yorubas not african or nigerian? more so than any other ethnic group in nigeria.

STFU.

All we're saying is that you can't claim to hate Yorubas and be embracing their culture. Give credit to where it's due.

Why won't I be possessive of my beautiful culture?

2 Likes

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
daywatcher:

hence why some of us are calling for Oduduwa republic or at worse reconstructuring so that all nations can be recognised within the Nigerian construct

Just break the damn country apart jare.

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by TinaAnita(f): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
Suprnov3r:
When did muslims start wearing a wedding dress?

Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by alhacq(m): 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
selflessposhheart:
She is really beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss
Sure but you might be much more beautiful than her.
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

STFU.

All we're saying is that you can't claim to hate Yorubas and be embracing their culture. Give credit to where it's due.

Why won't I be possessive of my beautiful culture?

LOL! I've never heard a northerner profess hatred for yorubas. In fact yorubas make a lot of money in the north as professional "gwagworo" tiers, no one has never claimed its not yours.

The ironic thing is that your most famous outfit, the agbada was adopted from the north. Have you ever seen any other chastising you for it?

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
alhacq:
Sure but you might be much more beautiful than her.

Awwwwwww tanx kiss

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

LOL! I've never heard a northerner profess hatred for yorubas. In fact yorubas make a lot of money in the north as professional "gwagworo" tiers, no one has never claimed its not yours.

The ironic thing is that your most famous outfit, the agbada was adopted from the north. Have you ever seen any other chastising you for it?

Which agbada was adopted from the North? Another i*liter*te f*ol. Get enlightened.
Did people from Mali also adopted it from the North?
Every culture has a version of iro/buba (top and bottom) and how they design it. The way Yorubas design their attire is different from Ibos, Edos etx. The agbada design you see being "adopted" all over Nigeria today is the design of Yoruba people...... like gele [head scarf] and fila (male cap).

See why I say una like stealing Yoruba attires and sticking a false history to them?

50 years from now, una go say the female Yoruba attire was adopted from Jupiter.

Give credit where it's due.

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by daywatcher: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

that will work too
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

Which agbada was adopted from the North? Another i*liter*te f*ol. Get enlightened.
Did people from Mali also adopted it from the North?
Every culture has a version of iro/buba (top and bottom) and how they design it. The way Yorubas design their attire is different from Ibos, Edos etx. The agbada design you see being "adopted" all over Nigeria today is the design of Yoruba people...... like gele [head scarf] and fila (male cap).

See why I say una like stealing Yoruba attires and sticking a false history to them?

50 years from now, una go say the female Yoruba attire was adopted from Jupiter.

Give credit where it's due.

Look at the way you type yet you refer to someone as an illiterate. LOL Your father wouldnt call me an illiterate. Igorant im becile

The Boubou is a sahelian wear credited to tukulors ( a subsect of fulanis ). Yorubas are the only non sahelian, non muslim majority ethnicity in africa that wears this. Given the norths history of trade with you lot its only plausible you got it from them or maybe from the songhais (also sahelian people), Just like the north introduced cavalry warfare to you or even just vegetables like onions. This isnt the first time we've passed something on to you.

"Every culture has an iro", what a foolish statement from a brain dead ignorant man.

Go and read up on your history boy, at least when we adopt something we know where we got it from, you lot are the ones denying credit where its due. Makes me wonder who the vultures are here?

http://www.encyclopedia.com/fashion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/agbada-0

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

Look at the way you type yet you refer to someone as an illiterate. LOL Your father wouldnt call me an illiterate. Igorant im becile

The Boubou is a sahelian wear credited to tukulors ( a subsect of fulanis ). Yorubas are the only non sahelian, non muslim majority ethnicity in africa that wears this. Given the norths history of trade with you lot its only plausible you got it from them or maybe from the songhais (also sahelian people), Just like the north introduced cavalry warfare to you or even just vegetables like onions. This isnt the first time we've passed something on to you.

"Every culture has an iro", what a foolish statement from a brain dead ignorant man.

Go and read up on your history boy, at least when we adopt something we know where we got it from, you lot are the ones denying credit where its due. Makes me wonder who the vultures are here?

http://www.encyclopedia.com/fashion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/agbada-0

You're using ecyclopedia/wikipedia? A platform anyone has access to edit without source?

Now I know I'm talking to an unserious person. grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

This is something we can both agree on. The differences between the major ethnic groups is too far and wide. We LITERALLY have NOTHING in common, how does just calling yourself Nigerian solve that? Like Marx says, a revolution is inevitable, just as i believe the break up of this country is inevitable. The ruling class hasnt realised this yet, but we the younger generation have and its only a matter of time until me make our voice heard.
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

You're using ecyclopedia/wikipedia? A platform anyone has access to edit without source?

Now I know I'm talking to an unserious person. grin cheesy grin

Oy nincompoop, i'm just using it as a supporting statement, its not the only site that mentions this. And i dont think you can edit that site like you can wikipedia either way everything i said is a bare fact! Deal with it and stop running your mouth and showing people how ignorant you are.
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Show me Hausas in the early 1900s and Yorubas in the early 1900s.
I bet this fool doesn't know that Islam was first introduced to the Western region before the Northern region.
Yorubas have never had to adopt another tribe's cultural attire, it has always been the other way around. Yorubas are too proud of their culture.
Unless the region is mixed - like Ondo - even then, Yoruba culture still dominates.

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

Oy nincompoop, i'm just using it as a supporting statement, its not the only site that mentions this. And i dont think you can edit that site like you can wikipedia either way everything i said is a bare fact! Deal with it and stop running your mouth and showing people how ignorant you are.

Please keep quiet. embarassed
Show me a reliable source.
The problem with you Nigeria yoots is your unchecked stupidity and arrogant ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

This is something we can both agree on. The differences between the major ethnic groups is too far and wide. We LITERALLY have NOTHING in common, how does just calling yourself Nigerian solve that? Like Marx says, a revolution is inevitable, just as i believe the break up of this country is inevitable. The ruling class hasnt realised this yet, but we the younger generation have and its only a matter of time until me make our voice heard.

Actually the North has a lot in common with the SE. The SE's saving grace is their education.

Both regions have
- intolerance for differing religion
- Nomadic in nature
- Violent in nature - one is physical the other is verbal [which incites physical violence]
- Terrorist groups
- Region offers no substantial IGR

2 Likes

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

Please keep quiet. embarassed
Show me a reliable source.
The problem with you Nigeria yoots is your unchecked stupidity and arrogant ignorance.

You are a walking breathing definition of irony. Did the boubou not originate in the sahel? Are the tukulors not credited with its invention? Are hausa merchants not credited for spreading it? Is anything i said there refutable? is there any non sahelian or non muslim majority ethnic group that wears this apart from the yoruba? Did the hausas not introduce the cavalry warfare and sold horses to yorubas? have hausas not introduced you to alien crops before? why do you call the onion for instance alubosa (mind you this is a trap i am sure you will easily fall into)?

Which of these statements is refutable?
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by maxzzo1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
why is she not wearin hijab ?
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
when money is involve.............
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

You are a walking breathing definition of irony. Did the boubou not originate in the sahel? Are the tukulors not credited with its invention? Are hausa merchants not credited for spreading it? Is anything i said there refutable? is there any non sahelian or non muslim majority ethnic group that wears this apart from the yoruba? Did the hausas not introduce the cavalry warfare and sold horses to yorubas? have hausas not introduced you to alien crops before? why do you call the onion for instance alubosa (mind you this is a trap i am sure you will easily fall into)?

Which of these statements is refutable?

Provide one credible source. Don't come here quoting encyclopedia./Wikipedia.

Hausa merchants? lmao grin grin

kn23h:
Show me Hausas in the early 1900s and Yorubas in the early 1900s.
I bet this fool doesn't know that Islam was first introduced to the Western region before the Northern region.
Yorubas have never had to adopt another tribe's cultural attire, it has always been the other way around. Yorubas are too proud of their culture.
Unless the region is mixed - like Ondo - even then, Yoruba culture still dominates.

While Hausa-Fulaniss were going around dressing like clowns, Yorubas were redesigning the Agbada attire to fit their cultural taste. Their design is what Nigerians are adopting today.
Yorubas adopted the Islamic agbada gear, they didn't adopt it from Hausa-Fulanis because it wasn't their culture to begin with.

1 Like

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

Actually the North has a lot in common with the SE. The SE's saving grace is their education.

Both regions have
- intolerance for differing religion
- Nomadic in nature
- Violent in nature - one is physical the other is verbal [which incites physical violence]
- Terrorist groups
- Region offers no substantial IGR

IRONY
Nomadic nature yet yorubas are more traveled than northerners? Yet they have a community in most european countries when i can assure you there are zero northerners in some? You love looking for greener pastures abroad, sometimes legally but most times illegally like your brothers in the east.

Violence: You lot are known as the loudest people in the world, your language is an assault on the ear drums and should be banned! Something you share in common with your neighbors and genetically proven brothers in the east.

LOL! Forfeiting these blatant ironies, i'd much rather the east than the west. Yet these arent the principles that define the mindset and tradition of a people, if anything it makes the problem even worse. Like i said, a revolution is inevitable, get ready for your "oduduwa republic". grin
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

Provide one credible source. Don't come here quoting encyclopedia./Wikipedia.

Hausa merchants? lmao grin grin

While Hausa-Fulaniss were going around dressing like clowns, Yorubas were redesigning the Agbada attire to fit their cultural taste. Their design is what Nigerians are adopting today.

Asking for sources when these are established facts grin Tell me what i said there thats not true!

Now it has turned to redesigning! shameless culture vulture! Hausa outfits look nothing like yours today, our hand craftsmen are second to none in africa and can always be differentiated from your counterfeit clown outfits! our outfits come in all shapes and sizes for all ocassions, dont compare your rags to our clothing boy!

Heres one of your heroes wearing a northern designed "agbada", the hand work is called kwadi da linzami. You dont want to play this game with me you inferior ninny!

Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by dessydayne(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
kn23h:

i have already petitioned to the UN,US,EU and others
Re: The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking by kn23h(m): 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ersan:

IRONY
Nomadic nature yet yorubas are more traveled than northerners? Yet they have a community in most european countries when i can assure you there are zero northerners in some? You love looking for greener pastures abroad, sometimes legally both most times illegally like your brothers in the east.

Violence: You lot are known as the loudest people in the world, your language is an assault on the ear drums and should be banned! Something you share in common with your neighbors and genetically proven brothers in the east.

LOL! Forfeiting these blatant ironies, i'd much rather the east than the west. Yet these arent the principles that define the mindset and tradition of a people, if anything it makes the problem even worse. Like i said, a revolution is inevitable, get ready for your "oduduwa republic". grin

Do you know what I love about this post? The failed belittlement of the Yoruba language.
The fact that the Yoruba language is one of the most commercialized language in Africa. It's used for Business, music, and politics.
We're the loudest you say? Yet EVERY tribe that wants to make it in the music industry can't make it without using Yoruba.

What is your language? Ibo that is dying or Hausa/Fulani that boko haram uses to communicate with the world? grin

You'd rather the east than the west? Millions of Nigerians beg to differ with you. When Yorubas travel, they travel abroad. When Ibos travel, they travel to Yorubaland. Yorubas are content with their region. What's in the North and SE? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Fashion Becomes Demonic (pic) / Lady Returns To Her Black Skin After Bleaching (Before Vs Now Photos) / Plus-sized Ladies Go Topless For Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.