Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services (58085 Views)

Dstv, Gotv Subscribers May Pay More From September / Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) / Multichoice Delights Dstv, Gotv Subscribers With Step Up Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Kaymaxine(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
9jvirgin:
Nothing will work in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere.
U will never be more foolish than this...quote me ANYWHERE!!!

3 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by muba4huss(m): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I don't think they will be affected that much.

People no go dey carry decoder around for data now.

Plus when light no dey, u no go fit use internet so you will be forced to use normal mtn or glo subscription.

The main selling point of tstv is the football they will be showing for me.
it might bro because there would be no need of buying larger data when u can suspend ur huge download till u get home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by attention007(m): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Chukazu:
regardless, I do not think the TSTV will be able to show premiere league matches when the broadcast Rights of such are still with DSTV

Bein sport have right to premium matches because they are not based in Africa

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

I think its possible because tstv is not paying for tv right like dstv.

They are only gonna be paying small cash to bein sport to air premiership unlike dstv that bought tv rights like sky or btsport.

Since bein sport is not exclusive to any cable tv like supersport, tstv should be able pull this off.

I just wonder why the likes of startimes didn't think of that instead of joining sentata and some useless european stations.
May be because bein is mostly arabic or too expensive for them.
You are perhaps the only person who have made a germane comment on the post.
And you are right. Tstv should survive because they are not paying any fee to acquire the rights for the EPL etc. They are simply partnering with Bein sports who already have the rights - that may cost some money but it won't be much at all.
I also wonder why others didn't think about it since this is already being applied Northern Africa and even in some Nigerian states.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by UncutSk(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
dustmalik:
Damn... my people are angry cheesy I just hope TStv will not disappoint us. The expectations are too high. What will finally be the downfall of Dstv is if TStv introduces channels such as Zee World and Telemundo which most stay-at-home mums and wives love so much.
my most hated stations

2 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by EvilMetahuman: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
muba4huss:
it might bro because there would be no need of buying larger data when u can suspend ur huge download till u get home
lol

Do people buy huge data before?

No be night plan everybody dey do for download?. cheesy

Na ntel, swift spectranet etc the thing go affect most.

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by iliyande(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
ponziponzi:
I believe Cable TV is a thing of the past

wink for those who know wink I also believe it too

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by muba4huss(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
lol

Do people buy huge data before?

No be night plan everybody dey do for download?. cheesy

Na ntel, swift spectranet etc the thing go affect most.
for a person like me,I don't play with ma sleep but with the 20gig data,have got myself covered during provided am at home

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by atiku07(m): 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
nawa o ppl are not smiling o! savages every where. DSTV has really offended alot of Nigerians

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[img][/img]

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Carter4luv(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
Now everyone is talking about TSTV, all d gotv and dstv subscribers have u ever sent a message to dis multi choices to improve on there satelite? Now ure condemning dem after years of services, well with time u will still complain of TSTV

You can't eat your mother's food for 365 days without complain for one of her meal

Am watching.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by MrSnill: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
CaptainFM1:
Mark my words. TSTV will dissapoint you big time. Its only the likes of Sky Digital or Virgin media that can come and challenge DSTV.

DStv has sole dominance in Africa when it comes to cable TV. And they also have the capability to introduce the broadband section of their business.

Every DSTV dish can supply internet access to every homes via inbuilt WiFi in the decoder. Guess, DSTV is just waiting to completely mop up the market before introducing the broadband section or when strong competitors come.

What happens to the likes of HiTV, DaarSat etc. What is deceiving most of these Cable company is our huge population. But as we have often seen most of them don't prepare well before coming and they were soon shocked with the reality on ground.

I'm not warning everybody, but only the few that will listen...Do not buy TSTV...You will end up regretting. Mark my word!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
DStv staff spotted. Oga leave us alone. Is it your money? We have made our choice. Nothing wey we never see. E no go bad reach Buhari and APC wey disappoint us. #TSTV all the way

3 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by osigiepurr(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Na wa ooooo. This coming OCTOBER 1ST really has so many expectations;

1. Launching of TSTV
2. Launching of GoTV/DSTV MAXTOBER
3. CAN declaration of fasting and prayer
4. Igbo quit notice from the North....but, thank God, the quit notice has been settled, but people will still go to bed with one eye opened just the night before October 1st.
5. NIGERIA Independence celebration
6. My grand Dad birthday groove.

Infact, i can't wait for the OCTOBER 1ST to show up like TSTV OOOOO

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by blessingee: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
All of you shouting DSTV must go, be ready to 50k subscription if TSTV goes the way of HITV O grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by MrSnill: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I have checked it,they would disappoint us big time like HITV

undecided undecided undecided
See this mumu. Who made you a checker of stations? Who need your opinion sef. It's like the one year subscription you made to DStv is painning you.

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by mecussey(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
9jvirgin:

Nothing can work in the black man's world.

lol...i no no why...if when mark zukerbarg tried to lunch a satellite for africa...the thing crash for road just bc africa is attached to the rocket.

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by translux(m): 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
CaptainFM1:
Mark my words. TSTV will dissapoint you big time. Its only the likes of Sky Digital or Virgin media that can come and challenge DSTV.

DStv has sole dominance in Africa when it comes to cable TV. And they also have the capability to introduce the broadband section of their business.

Every DSTV dish can supply internet access to every homes via inbuilt WiFi in the decoder. Guess, DSTV is just waiting to completely mop up the market before introducing the broadband section or when strong competitors come.

What happens to the likes of HiTV, DaarSat etc. What is deceiving most of these Cable company is our huge population. But as we have often seen most of them don't prepare well before coming and they were soon shocked with the reality on ground.

I'm not warning everybody, but only the few that will listen...Do not buy TSTV...You will end up regretting. Mark my word!

OGA ABEG PARK WELL
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by CaptainFM1: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
MrSnill:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
DStv staff spotted. Oga leave us alone. Is it your money? We have made our choice. Nothing wey we never see. E no go bad reach Buhari and APC wey disappoint us. #TSTV all the way

Hell no. Never. DSTV cannot pay me. I can never work for DSTV. Its only few companies that can pay me, and even at that I can never be their staff other than consultant.

Somehow, I feel Nigerians are the most gullible people in this world. I wont mind getting the so called TSTV too. After all it cost me absolutely nothing., but can every Nigerian say the same. I'm telling you, these people are just coming to rip us off.

Until we have a consumer protection strong enough to fight for "portability" like we are now enjoying in Telecoms...Just forget TSTV. They will rip you real hard. I hate DSTV myself...,but trust me on this, TSTV cannot match. They are only coming to get their share of the market.

Need I say, what we should fight for is for DSTV to embrace the pay as you watch system. And I know they won't except a strong competitor comes around. Whatever is good, I will embrace it. I just don't want my people to be ripped off like HiTV and DaarSat did.

You are once again warned!
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by teelaw4life(m): 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
miqos02:
pls explain more about bein sports

It's a global network of sports channel. They have rights to sjow top football matches from around the world. And just as Multichoice have the right to show epl on their supersport channels, bein sport channels can also broadcast live European matches too. So, for TSTV to have gone to get broadcasting right of the bein channels instead of rolling out their own independent channel, they have made a smart move.
We can watch epl games on the bein channels instead of channels owned by TSTV themselves. HITV made a mistake when they ran their own independent hisports channels...it became too expensive and they couldn't cope. Broadcasting through bein channels is a cheapet alternative.

I hope you got the explanation?

2 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Iamthoney(m): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
Startime is better
bros no make me laff jare. No be only startime na suntime...TSTV won't last like DSTV, They are surely gonna die like HITV
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by CaptainFM1: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
translux:

OGA ABEG PARK WELL

You are also warned. Nairabetter!
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Skmoda360(m): 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
teelaw4life:

It's a global network of sports channel. They have rights to sjow top football matches from around the world. And just as Multichoice have the right to show epl on their supersport channels, bein sport channels can also broadcast live European matches too. So, for TSTV to have gone to get broadcasting right of the bein channels instead of rolling out their own independent channel, they have made a smart move.
We can watch epl games on the bein channels instead of channels owned by TSTV themselves. HITV made a mistake when they ran their own independent hisports channels...it became too expensive and they couldn't cope. Broadcasting through bein channels is a cheapet alternative.

I hope you got the explanation?
you good at this.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by translux(m): 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
CaptainFM1:

Hell no. Never. DSTV cannot pay me. I can never work for DSTV. Its only few companies that can pay me, and even at that I can never be their staff other than consultant.

Somehow, I feel Nigerians are the most gullible people in this world. I wont mind getting the so called TSTV too. After all it cost me absolutely nothing., but can every Nigerian say the same. I'm telling you, these people are just coming to rip us off.

Until we have a consumer protection strong enough to fight for "portability" like we are now enjoying in Telecoms...Just forget TSTV. They will rip you real hard. I hate DSTV myself...,but trust me on this, TSTV cannot match. They are only coming to get their share of the market.

Need I say, what we should fight for is for DSTV to embrace the pay as you watch system. And I know they won't except a strong competitor comes around. Whatever is good, I will embrace it. I just don't want my people to be ripped off like HiTV and DaarSat did.

You are once again warned!

ABEG STAY WITH UR DSTV DONT BUY TSTV

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by CaptainFM1: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
Guys, let's stop being stupid and wise up for once in this country. What we need is "seemless portabilty" between cable TV provider. Anything otherwise, would mean the masses continuously been ripped off.

TSTV is only coming to cut their share of the market. They will never match up with DSTV standard....and when the market gets so harsh on them they will pack and go like HiTV and DaarSat.

The question you should ask is...what happens to all the HiTV, DaarSat, MyTV owners?

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by PierreDeFermat(m): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
If Tstv can show life matches they will kick Dstv put of business,even me that doesn't have any decoder for my personal use and can't afford Dstv for my shop of which people want to watch life matches will shaperly go for TSTV . Dstv has been enslaving Nigerians for too long

1 Like

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by tbanj07(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
Abeg you dey work for DSTV....the stupid GOTV took out some channels without informing their subscribers after payment for the channels was made. Why would they offer channels they can't keep on their platform in the first place forcing people to go get them DSTV decoders? Anaye...swipe left!!!

lazinny:
Let's. Be honest with ourselves, you pay 1500 or so for gotv and expect to watch live football? Check prices of other countries around the world Nigeria is even one of the cheap ones. Live football doesn't come cheap!!

2 Likes

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by gentleedu(m): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
samyyoung1:
TSTV.......together we can kick DSTV out of naija
no bro, it's together we can sweep dstv to village (tstv)
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
dustmalik:
Damn... my people are angry cheesy I just hope TStv will not disappoint us. The expectations are too high. What will finally be the downfall of Dstv is if TStv introduces channels such as Zee World and Telemundo which most stay-at-home mums and wives love so much.
pls o... Let them leave telemundo n zee world where they belong... In the trash...
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
it would be in Chinese,Spanish,Arabic and fulfulde
Wahala ti de!! How I wan hear all these languages?
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by enemyofprogress: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
dumo1:

Wahala ti de!! How I wan hear all these languages?
go learn
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by kuuljay(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Even your brain doesn't work. So I'm not surprised.
grin grin grin bross abeg you go kill person nah

Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by Godwin2real: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Dont expect more from them na two bird of the same feathers. After gettin their product they wil push their cost again. They might be the same dstv wit diff name.
Re: TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services by stilldoingokay(f): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
Arsenalholic:
grin grin grin grin
Why are my people this wicked?!

I swear one even said goneTv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations / BBNaija: "I'm Sad And Don't Know What To Do" - Tega's Husband Breaks Silence / Man Enters Cinema With Fufu And Soup To Watch Black Panther!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.