Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. (1633 Views)

Nigerian Lady "Wows" Interviewer With Her Perfect English Speaking Skills (Vid) / What Will You Say If The Interviewer Says "You Have 10 Minutes To Impress Me? / Lady Shares Experience With Her Interviewer In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by DAYOODS(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't know what Nigerian recruiters have turned into.

Went for an interview last Friday with Paul Esther Consulting, and they were asking me the church I attend and my salvation experience.

Abeg, what has that got to do with performance on the job?

Why didn't they specify their church preference in the job post?

I weep for my country, and stupid HR practice.
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by paiz: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
Smh
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by Bellfun(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
Is the job related to soul winning?
Does it have anything to do with pastoral duties?
If no, then the interviewer is just a time waster! Or tell me what church/salvation issue got to do with the job!

Dem never see format! No be pastors and stuff dey still govt money up and down!

1 Like

Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by Zeze06(m): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
cry

I hate religious extremists... I don't know why but they annoy me so much... embarassed
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by Desyner: 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
DAYOODS:
Honestly, I don't know what Nigerian recruiters have turned into.

Went for an interview last Friday with Paul Esther Consulting, and they were asking me the church I attend and my salvation experience.

Abeg, what has that got to do with performance on the job?

Why didn't they specify their church preference in the job post?

I weep for my country, and stupid HR practice.
Applicant state their religion on CV in order to have an edge and employers don't complain. Even orgs can conspire to initiates people forcefully against wish and its no biggie, so what's OP's point ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wonders shall never cease. I swear to God, I sent an email to this consulting firm. May be because, am a Muslim that is why they never replied me.
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by Abee79(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
Guess some employers are looking for God fearing employees. Nothing strange.
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by tee4naija(m): 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
[
God fearing is now a function of one's Church?
quote author=Abee79 post=60889961]Guess some employers are looking for God fearing employees. Nothing strange. [/quote]
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by Abee79(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
tee4naija:
[
quote author=Abee79 post=60889961]Guess some employers are looking for God fearing employees. Nothing strange.
Any employer can decide what indices to use to determine "God - fearing". In this case, they used Church. Besides we cannot tell for sure why is in their heart. But I know for sure they are looking for a particular quality - and it seems to me that OP did not meet up, hence this pained post grin
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by wunmi590(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
Coming to comment
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by fatymore(f): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Taah
Re: My Interviewer Asked Me About The Church I Attend And My Salvation Experience. by themonk(m): 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
tee4naija:
[
quote author=Abee79 post=60889961]Guess some employers are looking for God fearing employees. Nothing strange.
Desyner:
Applicant state their religion on CV in order to have an edge and employers don't complain. Even orgs can conspire to initiates people forcefully against wish and its no biggie, so what's OP's point ?
Abee79:

Any employer can decide what indices to use to determine "God - fearing". In this case, they used Church. Besides we cannot tell for sure why is in their heart. But I know for sure they are looking for a particular quality - and it seems to me that OP did not meet up, hence this pained post grin

To even think you guys approve this show how pathetic and haywire reason had gone in this country and maybe Africa as a whole, is it that religion affects rationality negatively or that irrationality attracts religion?

Please my people it is possible to be religious, rational, empathic and realistic simultaneously. Your employer should not qualify you for a job based on gender, race, religion but purely based on merit as related to that particular job. In well civilized countries you are sometimes even asked not to include your religion, gender and race in the job application document you are to submit, this is to remove any form of bias that could maybe come from an effortless subconscious state of mind thus affecting the decision of the HR in charge of evaluating you.

Same people that applaud employing people based on religion will critic employing people based on their skin tone or racial profiling.

@Op it's a sad situation you found yourself in, it's very bitter and I'm happy you are bold enough to expose the company. If it was a free thinker that interviewed you I'm sure he would care more about how you good you will be on the job rather than your religious affiliations. This is a blow to the freedom of association.

Seun lalasticlala Mynd44 come and see

(1) (Reply)

Teach For Nigeria Online Test / Vacancies / JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.