Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? (36881 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2007
Hello Akolawole,Londoncool,Mr pataki,VOR and everyone in the house,

I just got refused a uk student visa with the following reasons as stated by the ECO,

The cost of your tuition,maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the UK will be financed including photocopies of bank statements and a letter from your sponsor offering finanacial assistance.However the bank statement you have provided in support of your application is not in your sponsor's name and you have not produced satisfactory evidence that he/she has access to these funds to pay for your course and adequately mainatain and accomodate you whilst in the UK.In any event,in a society where forgery is endemic,photocopies of documents are of little practical value in reliably establishing bona fides of an applicant or their sponsor's circumstances.Therefore I am not satisfied this represents a genuine and meaningful offer of sponsorship and that these funds would be available to meet the costs of your studies,maintenance and accomodation in the united kingdom.

The educational establishment in the UK has stated that the cost of your tuition fees for one year is £3,900.British council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,500 coveriung a nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices.This brings the total  cost of your studies in the uk for one academic year to £11,400.Your sponsor's financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there.If I am to accept the photocopies of the company bank statement as evidence of funds,I note that as of 29 september balance was N538653(£2244).Furthermore,I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to spend so much to finance your studies in the UK.You have not satisfactorily demostrated that such expenditure is comensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.Nor have you provided documentary evidence to show how you are related to your sponsor.

The documents that you have submitted with your application suggest that you will be accomodated by your cousin in the Uk,however you have not submitted any evidence that there is adequate accomodation available to you.Nor have you submitted evidence of your relative's immigration status in the UK or evidence that you are related as claimed.

Your account of your personal,economic and social circumstances and how you will ultimately make use of these studies and any qualification you might gain does not satisfy me,on a balance of probabilities,that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of your proposed course.

Please I need your evaluation on this refusal letter asap so I will know what to do before I reapply and your contributions to its reapplication, or what next do i do?

Thanx

Omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by English1(f): 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2007
You need to provide solid proof of the items that they are querying:

1)that you are related to your cousin and that your cousin has adequate accomodation available for you. Also that your cousin is in the UK legally.

2)The reason your sponsor is offering to pay for your education and your relationship to your sponsor.

3) That your sponsor has at least £11,400 in his/her bank account and is willing and able to spend all this money on your education.

4) That you intend to leave the UK on completion of your studies.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by muyiwabank(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2007
I think what you rally need to do is to convince them that your sponsor can sponsor your studies in the uk.
1.pls get the original copy of the bank statement with a reasoinable balance,infact if possible you could get 3 different bank statements in your sponsors name.
2.if its a company account,pls get all th docs. of the compny and a letter from the bank that your sponsor is the signatory to the accounts.

3.get reasonable docsfrom your cousin in te uk, maybe his residents permit,proof of accomodation,pls put his family size into consideration.

these are the little i know based on my personal experience,so pls work on this before the Ogas in the house respond to your query.

Best of luck.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 4:24am On Feb 19, 2007
responses plz
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by English1(f): 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2007
So what did Muyiwabank and I just do? undecided
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by gbeborun(m): 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2007
I just finished talking with a friend. And he gave me some tips
- Relationship btw u and ur sponsor (Very important)
- You stand a better chance if you've made a little financial commitment (pay part of your fees)
- Get your cousin to write confirming he'll accomodate you and enclose neccessary docs like his status in the UK
- Sufficient fund in your sponsors account (that's quiet vague, cos he told me of some1 that applied with just #750k)
- Your age!!! (imagine a 26yr old going to a college) that sounds very suspicious
- Benefit that will accrue to you and your sponsor
Lastly, a little bit of luck and favor.
PS: Just a personal opinion, hope it helps
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 3:40am On Feb 22, 2007
Thanx Muyiwabank,english1 and gbeborun for your responses.

Well,in response to your contributions
-my sponsor is my uncle i.e my mum's elder brother, so am his niece i suppose, so how do i prove that
-on the bank statements, my sponsor has decided to open a personal current account in his name and lodge about 5 to 6 million naira into it,which would emanate from a just concluded contract paid into this account,and also provide evidence of the origin of funds, how about that?
-I have completed a degree in october 2006 on Bsc sociology and anthropology in one of the Nigerian universities,and the course am going for is an advance diploma in HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted disease prevention,which is my area of speciality in relation to culture.
-Am 26 years of age
-My cousin would write a letter confirming my accomodation and include the photocopy of his British passport, but no utility bills available(hope this doent matter?), but how do i also prove relationship as he is my sponsor's son i.e , my first cousin.?
-I have paid a tuition fee deposit of £600 even before the refusal,remaining a balance of £3,300
-My sponsor intend to get a letter from the bank as regards his company bank statement,and also include originals of company registration documents,viz-a-viz Certificate of incorporation,memorandum etc
-I have defered my admission to april 2007 and i have received he letter by courier yesterday.
-My sponsor intend to include both company and personal current account bank statements

Pls once again let's share our ideas and opinions on this visa refusal and possible positive developments.

thanx

omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 22, 2007
factors that definitely count against you:

1. Your age: embassy officials know the average age of those applying is much younger. You have to convince them beyond reasonable doubt that you are actually going to study and not an economic immigrant.

2. Your course of study: advance diploma in HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted disease prevention. Its highly unlikely that you would get a visa to go study for an advanced diploma when you could easily get the same education in your own home country.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by gbeborun(m): 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2007
I know how tight things are, but just a little suggestion, can you pay 50% of your fees?
And let your uncle state in his sponsorship letter addressed to the embassy that his son (your cousin) will accomodate you.
By the way, the course you intend doing is a diploma course, it would have been better if it was a PGD kinda thing. Anyways, we've to look for a way out and not the gaps in between. Best of luck with your application.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2007
Thanx Davidylan 4 ur response,

Actually the course i intend to do is not offered in any higher institution throughout Nigeria and Africa in general.
Let's dicuss on way forward pls,I av a neighbour who is 25 years and applied for a diploma course in computer studies,though was refused initially but applied later and was given,she had not even been to a university b4 though she has an OND.I know circumstances vary actually.Her tuition fees was £880 and she paid £300 deposit anyway.
Imagine that?

Am specializing in HIV/ADIS AND STD Prevention anyway with my Sociology background, so where do we go from here, knowing fully well d antecedents of my application,

Thanx

omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2007
Your neighbour was lucky. Pray hard, you might be lucky to meet the right person at the embassy.
You have to prove that your course of study is not available in Nigeria and that it will be of benefit to you when you return to your home country.
I guess the UK fellas will have to help you here on what documents to bring with you.

Make sure all loopholes for any unforseen question is covered.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by mrpataki(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2007
@ Omojeje,
Reading your case, you stand a good chance of beinggiven the visa when next you apply. But please never forget to place it in prayers.

Good luck.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2007
what combination of documents wld i submit to them this time around?
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by mrpataki(m): 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2007
The documents you will submit this time around depends on you and your sponsors.
It is a bit twisted though. But you have to address all issues raised by the ECO in your last refusal, and all further looopholes you  cover them up.

I will always be here for more info.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by VOR(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2007
@Jeje

In submitting your sponsor's company documents, you should both be mindful of the
legal implications and how it affects your application.

If the company is a limited liability company then it is in law a separate legal entity
from your sponsor and though he may be the driving force behind the company, in
law he is not the company. Therefore, the funds of the company belong to it and not your sponsor.
He will therefore have to provide to the BHC (High Commission)a company resolution confirming that the directors
of the company are happy to use company funds to pay for your education.

If the company is not LTD then you can ignore the above.

Good luck.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by funkybaby(f): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2007
@ VOR

wow! i never knew that! thank a lot for the info. please, what is a company resolution? is it a letter signed by all the directors in the company confirming that the funds in the company are to be used to sponsor the applicant's education or what? thanks

@ omojeje

the course you intend studying is a unique one. i am sure no university in nigeria offers the course. i will advice you to pay at least half of the school fees. 600 pounds deposit is small o !
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by English1(f): 9:48am On Feb 28, 2007
I don't think your age is going to be an issue. It's very common for people of all ages to go to university in the UK, and this is for a post-graduate qualification. That means the youngest person is going to be 21/22 anyway.

I know of some universities where 30% of their intake for first degrees are mature students (over 21), let alone post-grad ones.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by papy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2007
hey i think i can help u out cos i just passed through ur stage now,i have just got a uk visa to study in university of greenwich.mail me so i tell u how, papyshizer@gmail.com or slimywhiz@yahoo.com.safe
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 2:14am On Mar 14, 2007
papy how far?
sent you an email.
no reply yet.

thanx
omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 2:31am On Mar 14, 2007
@VOR & others valued contributors

How do i go about the company resolution?

is it just in form of a letter or ?

Also,is there ever any document to prove relationship between a niece and an uncle?

My cousin has sent a letter stating that he would be accomodating me.Also he has attached a copy of his british passport to it.Hope this helps.He is my first cousin,I mean my sponsor's son.

My sponsor has just had some amount of money paid into his account about 2m-4million naira been proceeds from a recent contract.He would be using the bank account statement showing this funds to support my application.Hope this would be fine as it was just paid in last week and I plan to reapply within the next 2weeks.

My school resumes april 16,2007,as I have defered the admission from january15,2007 .

This school had requested a deposit of £600 which i paid even before i was refused.Based on some comments on this post,I learnt from it that the deposit was just too small.what is the view on this as i have about 4 friends who got thier visa this january without even paying a dime.

My sponsor is using his company bank account statement like i have said,but what other docs would he also include in other to soilidify and boost the financial circumstances of the sponsor.Definitely,he will include all original copies this time around and not the photocopies as earlier done.(risk of lost in transit).

What other notes and steps do i need to be taking and the time is drawing near.

Thank you all.

Omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by mrpataki(m): 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ omojeje,
I may not be able to lay much points on the company sponsorship that much, guess the rest advisers as Vor, etc can help out on that. But as to your 1st cousin and uncle helping you out, I will suggest your uncle writes a letter of sponsorship as well stating how he is related to you, what documents he is submitting for your application, if he was the one you used in previous application, that strengthens your case further. As well stating that for your stay in the UK, you will be residing at your cousins place who is his son.

If I have more contributions, will give it later.

More importantly, let there be a flow in your sponsorship letter with how you fill the application form and student questionaire. It speaks volume of what the applicant truly wants.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2007
@

Have you got any clue on additional documents a sponsor might include while sponsoring an applicant,considering the fact that he intends to use his company bank account statement for such purposes.
This would counter any reasons such as documents standing in isolation or perhaps issue of origin or income of the sponsor.
The company statement is not in his name,and this is the only account he has that is quite bouyant.

Any advice please?

Omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 3:22am On Mar 15, 2007
@ all

what about company tax clearance.
Just crossed my mind.

thanx

omojeje
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by omojeje: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2007
replies plz
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by goodGod(m): 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2007
hi dear,i ve jus log on but i jus couldnt find where to compose my message.well,i jus want to seek advice on how to go about my student visa in uk.i have been travelling for years to uk on a visitin visa but i now decide to study in uk.i have been working in nigeria for 4yrs after my HND programme. i would like to further my studies in uk.i just want advice on this areas please:
*paying my tuition fees in full
*paying for 1month accomodation fees though each time i travel i stay with family friend in uk.i don't know to use him has a place to stay and to cover my living expenses in uk for my 1yr course.
*i ve jus left my present job of 4yrs move to a new one this year,do i get a study leave letter from my former company or the present one.what is required to be stated in the letter(study leave)
*i intend to get a sponsor from my in-law who is a MD of a company thogh with is brother.what is required of him to give to me and what form should the letter be to convinced the ECO.
*ON INTENTION OF COMING BACK,i intend to let them know that i personally have got a landed property thogh just the survey,achitectural and receipt of payments are with me
*my in law intends to employ me after my studies.
*when i best to apply for this sept addmission.i currently have a 2yrs visiting visa which i have travelled once on and returned.
another area that really scare me is the cancellation of your visitors visa once denied on student visa,i would like any of the in house guy who knows/experienced any of this to please enlighten me,please.
thanks
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by choco4life(m): 10:48am On Mar 22, 2007
@ topic
welcome to the club.
search for my post  REFUSAL OF UK STUDY VISA u cud find useful contributions
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by madeojo: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2007
Below is the reason for my refusal by the ECO

The cost of your tuition,maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the UK will be financed including bank statements and a letter from your sponsor offering finanacial assistance.you have not produced satisfactory evidence that he/she has access to these funds to pay for your course and adequately mainatain and accomodate you whilst in the UK.Therefore I am not satisfied this represents a genuine and meaningful offer of sponsorship and that these funds would be available to meet the costs of your studies,maintenance and accomodation in the united kingdom.

The educational establishment in the UK has stated that the cost of your tuition fees for one year is £1,500.British council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,500 coveriung a nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices.This brings the total cost of your studies in the uk for one academic year to £9,000.i am therefore aware that a deposit of £750 has been made.Your sponsor's financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there.I note that as of 29 August balance was N219000(£867).Furthermore,I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to spend so much to finance your studies in the UK.You have not satisfactorily demostrated that such expenditure is comensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.Nor have you provided documentary evidence to show how you are related to your sponsor.

These are some of the reasons why i was refused. but i submitted a stock assest valued for 17million and it wasnt taking into consideration. but i am planning to reapply by next week. what advice can you give to me cos my father has already sold some of the shares worth 1.5mil and i m going to use his saving account which is like 1.2mil. what adivce can you give to me. i need it urgently. also i made mistake by not submitting my waec certificate which i ve collected now so i will be submitting it along this time around. i need your opinions
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by Exxonjay(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2007
The British Embassy personnel mostly are not doing what there suppose to do because Just like what the scriptures says "The have the form of godliness and the deny the power thereof, " They have refused me before on year 2005 with 2 stupid excuses- that my WAEC was counterfeit and my sponsor's account of 17M cannot sustain me,which their claims are all silly,baseless and useless. They keep on making money from us through the application fee which the made nonrefundable and frustrate peoples life with their trivial reasons. I pray that God will help them or judge them.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by whiteroses(f): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
donbe frustrated whatever happens but they are bigger scammers than 419 they waste people's money and energy and at the end no UK education some more enlightened nigerians have realised they are full of shyt and dont even bother with them and will rather go to praivate uni's
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by bimi47: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2009
i think i made a mistake with my date of birth in my application . not sure though
what would be the implication.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by ell77(f): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2009
bimi47:

i think i made a mistake with my date of birth in my application . not sure though
what would be the implication.

Dear Bimi47,

in regards to the comment you posted above, do you mean you only realised your error now? Or does your passport/documents provide a date of birth that is not accurate? All your documents should show the same date of birth from passport to WAEC, transcript or any other document that displays your date of birth including the application form itself. Having some form of discrepancy in something as simple as your own date of birth may result not only in a refusal of student visa but a ban against applying for a visa for the next ten years due to FRAUD. Even if it was simply an honest mistake.

Unless by miracle the UKBA does not see this your best alternative to a rejection right now is if they allow you to conduct administrative review due to this error. They may be more likely to accept this is an error (or even dismiss it themselves) if it was obviously an error due to the date format being impossible. For example you are supposed to write your birthday is 23/03/1980 in dd/mm/yyyy format and for example you write 03/23/1980. Since there is no 23rd month and it closely resembles your actual date of birth they may assume it is an error and dismiss this without explanation or accept your explanation or if you write 23/03/2009 which means you are less than one year old they may also find this a reasonable mistake based on the fact you had a lapse in attention. Or perhaps you write the actual date of application they might see you misread the question.

However, it is clearly stated that you are supposed to read the application form and fill it yourself and you have signed the application form stating everything is true. They may reject you even if it was an obvious mistake (they are not supposed to use their common sense but follow procedure rigorously) such as the examples listed and have no obligation to accept your administrative review request as the mistake is not theirs. The fact that you are a Nigerian already makes them suspicious, unfortunately. I wish you all the best in your application process. Just hope they don't state fraud as a reason for refusal and then you can make a new application. But if you actually did fake your D.O.B. at some point in your life, I would not even advise you to apply again before seeking professional advice.

All the best.

Regards,

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
http://www.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2009
just received a refusal of UK visit visa cos,

1. birth certificate of my three kids for ages 15/11/6, which i recently got from V.I local government has consecutive serial numbers
2. certified true of copy of my marraige certificate is too recently issued 2009, whereas my marriage was consummated in 2000
3. There is no payslip or tax clearance to substantiate my fat bank statement & my fat domicillary account, even if i am the CEO of my company, with a also fat balance statement,

Since I am jayjaycee on this 'Runs', i paid a responsible & respectful looking international immigration consultant lady with an impecable website a whopping 90k to guide me in making this application, she did not pick my call when i intended to inform her of the refusal, though i sent her a mail, i have not gotten a reply yet,

please could someone give me a clue how find my way out of this maze

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sujourn Through The Mystical Forest Of Igbo Olodumare...ondo State. / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.