Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? (36880 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 9:27am On Oct 16, 2009
just received a refusal of UK visit visa cos,

1. birth certificate of my three kids for ages 15/11/6, which i recently got from V.I local government has consecutive serial numbers
2. certified true of copy of my marraige certificate is too recently issued 2009, whereas my marriage was consummated in 2000
3. There is no payslip or tax clearance to substantiate my fat bank statement & my fat domicillary account, even if i am the CEO of my company, with a also fat balance statement,

Since I am jayjaycee on this 'Runs', i paid a responsible & respectful looking international immigration consultant lady with an impecable website a whopping 90k to guide me in making this application, she did not pick my call when i intended to inform her of the refusal, though i sent her a mail, i have not gotten a reply yet,

please could someone give me a clue how find my way out of this maze
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by justwise(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2009
JayJayCee:

1. birth certificate of my three kids for ages 15/11/6, which i recently got from V.I local government has consecutive serial numbers
2. certified true of copy of my marraige certificate is too recently issued 2009, whereas my marriage was consummated in 2000
3. There is no payslip or tax clearance to substantiate my fat bank statement & my fat domicillary account, even if i am the CEO of my company, with a also fat balance statement,
Since I am jayjaycee on this 'Runs', i paid a responsible & respectful looking international immigration consultant lady with an impecable website a whopping 90k to guide me in making this application, she did not pick my call when i intended to inform her of the refusal, though i sent her a mail, i have not gotten a reply yet,
I really feel your pain, looking at the reasons they gave u for the refusal, its obvious that your application looks desperate. your kids were not born the same day so there is no reason why their brith certificate should have consecutive serial number. U should have been given different serial numbers for each child. your marriage certificate should have been back dated to reflect the year the marriage was consummated. Is not just abt fat bank a/c u need to also show how u earn the money. The consultant lady was only after your money. U can do this urself.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2009
thanks a million for your comments, they say ''a problem shared is half solved'',

do u hav idea how or where i can procure acceptable birth certificates for my children? They were born in Lagos.
Can a cover letter from the ikoyi Marraige registry explaining reason for issuance of the recent certified true copy suffice?
What is procedure for obtaining personnal & company tax clearance?

i will appreciate if you could avail me with helpful tips, so i can arrange this paperwork my self,
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by justwise(m): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2009
JayJayCee:

thanks a million for your comments, they say ''a problem shared is half solved'',

do u hav idea how or where i can procure acceptable birth certificates for my children? They were born in Lagos.
Can a cover letter from the ikoyi Marraige registry explaining reason for issuance of the recent certified true copy suffice?
What is procedure for obtaining personnal & company tax clearance?

i will appreciate if you could avail me with helpful tips, so i can arrange this paperwork my self,
I think the best place to start is ikoyi Marraige registry, they will give u the best advice and correct the previous mistake, like u pointed out, a letter attached to it will do u more good.

If u got a job then your comany finance department will lead u through the process of obtaining tax clearance or u pay inland revenue a visit.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 10:46am On Oct 16, 2009
thanks a million, i will do just that
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by justwise(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2009
JayJayCee:

thanks a million, i will do just that

Good luck, just take ur time and pay attention to details, u can do it.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by funkybaby(f): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
JayJayCee:

i agree with justwise
your application seems rather desperate

why go to v.i local government to get ''registration of birth'' certificate for your kids? were they not born in hospitals? what happened to their original birth certificates? its only normal for the embassy to raise an issue on this. BTW: are they your kids or you are helping some relative?

regarding your marriage certificate, what happened to the original copy? if its missing, then you are to get a police report, affidavit and maybe some paper work from ikoyi registry but i doubt if you will be issued another marriage certificate.

regarding your tax clearance, walk into any branch of first bank. i will recommend a ''big branch'' of first bank and explain to them that you want to pay your taxes. lagos state government has been the whole thing really easy. in a week, you should get your tax clearance certificate. original if i may add.

i do not think its a good idea to use a company bank account statement to apply for a visa. its usually a refusal. its best you use your personal bank statement and then use your comapny statement to support it.

a trick around the tax clearance bit is to pay personal income tax and not on your company's earnings.

finally, how did you come about the ''fat millions'' in your domicillary account? there must have been a source of the income. if you are trading in anything, include copies of invoices, bill of lading or anything to show how you came about the money.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
funkybaby, ur comments has further cleared my ignorance,

but i had prided myself intelligent and resourceful, now i hav flunked a woeful F+ in this university of life,
anyway my prof. back then in uniben used to tell us that the most intelligent people
possess a certain percentage of downright foolishness,
from comments recvd so far,, this is not a quick fix thing, i will now set out to procure the documents from the right sources,
i really hav to thank you guys, as i am now finding my way out of the maze i found my self yesterday,
further comments will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by rubebe1: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
Hi fellas, i got refused of my visa applct on a note wasn't relevant at all,
    ECO COMM: u've paid your tuition fees in full and u're  required to show u've₤5400 for your maitenance, of which u paid ₤300, for accomodation,  u've submitted your bank statement with a closing balance of N1802111.00/₤4253.80, i'm satisfied that u didn't meet with the required level of maintenance, so i refused your applicatn under paragraph 245zv(c) of the immigration rules,  But as for the 30points, it was clearly claimed, in what exchange rate that N1802111.00 can't buy more than ₤5400 4 GOD sake help me look into dis nd reply plsssssssssssss,  I've already submitted an administrative review nd also expecting their call up'' pls your comment is welcomed'',  THANKS?
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by walesbanks(m): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2009
They said the truth. you didnt package it well. That is why you need to seek the advice of an experienced agent b4 applying expecially for student visa. you made the flaws. I cant really explain all the lines now coz of time. you can see me if you care. wales08@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by joxiri: 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2009
I think with visa applications you just have to make sure you use genuine documents and be honest, so you always stand the chance in an appeal if you are honest i believe you will always eventually get a visa, obviously its always good to have close family ties with the uk which gives you a 60% chance
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2009
justwise & funkybaby, pls i need ur advice,

1. is it advisable to reapply again later (when 6months, 1yr, 2 yrs?) to UK when ECO hav issues with my docs
2. can ECO officer decision affect my application in another EU embassy?
3. can i jus do another passport, since they hav stamped my current?

jayjaycee
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by joxiri: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2009
jay jay cee never do another passport or else you will be banned, whatever you do make sure you keep using the same passport, if you go back with legit documents you will get your visa one day
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by JayJayCee: 9:53am On Oct 21, 2009
thanks joxiri, niggar is so desperate, u know wot i mean
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by justwise(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2009
walesbanks:

They said the truth. you didnt package it well. That is why you need to seek the advice of an experienced agent b4 applying expecially for student visa. you made the flaws. I cant really explain all the lines now coz of time. you can see me if you care. wales08@yahoo.com

U don't have any good advice, pple like u are the reason why Nigerians are not been trusted. Stop doing this.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by flekan(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
@walesbanks : Go Bleep yourself

@ru bebe : I think the ECO that refused you was sleeping when he/she assessed your document, You have a chance of getting your visa jaree. I wish you the best
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by kinol: 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
Guys,
Please I just got a refusal on the ground that I have too much money on my account (1M). I have applied for a visiting visa to be financed by my brother in uk. I 've included my salary account, letter from employer, letter of employment, my stock transaction details net worth about 850k also the account with 1M. My brother has also supplied all the necessary document required. But the reason for the refusal was that my salary of 45k does not justified my bank statement. I have stated in my application that I have been working for more than six years and I do not have any responsibilities hence the 1M balance has been my saving from all source of income and also saving toward my MSc in the nearest future.

I am thinking of appealing but I will appreciate your advise on this. Also can my brother do the appeal on my behave in Uk?
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by joxiri: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
You earn 45k a month and you had a savings of 1 million naira is that correct, if thats the case, thats harsh oh!
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by OAM4J: 1:39am On Oct 22, 2009
kinol:

Guys,
Please I just got a refusal on the ground that I have too much money on my account (1M). I have applied for a visiting visa to be financed by my brother in uk. I 've included my salary account, letter from employer, letter of employment, my stock transaction details net worth about 850k also the account with 1M. My brother has also supplied all the necessary document required. But the reason for the refusal was that my salary of 45k does not justified my bank statement. I have stated in my application that I have been working for more than six years and I do not have any responsibilities hence the 1M balance has been my saving from all source of income and also saving toward my MSc in the nearest future.

I am thinking of appealing but I will appreciate your advise on this. Also can my brother do the appeal on my behave in Uk?

You made a mess of your application by stating that you earned 45k a month. You need to include souces of other income. Stocks etc.

45K a month is also sending a signal that you might not come back. Just find a way to include income from other sources.

Sure You can appeal. You can win.
best luck.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by OAM4J: 1:46am On Oct 22, 2009
ru bebe:

Hi fellas, i got refused of my visa applct on a note wasn't relevant at all,
ECO COMM: u've paid your tuition fees in full and u're required to show u've₤5400 for your maitenance, of which u paid ₤300, for accomodation, u've submitted your bank statement with a closing balance of N1802111.00/₤4253.80, i'm satisfied that u didn't meet with the required level of maintenance, so i refused your applicatn under paragraph 245zv(c) of the immigration rules, But as for the 30points, it was clearly claimed, in what exchange rate that N1802111.00 can't buy more than ₤5400 4 GOD sake help me look into dis nd reply plsssssssssssss, I've already submitted an administrative review nd also expecting their call up'' pls your comment is welcomed'', THANKS?

A mistake was definately made. 1.8M will give you more than ₤6,000

You should get a call up.

Good luck.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by kinol: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2009
OAM4J:

You made a mess of your application by stating that you earned 45k a month. You need to include souces of other income. Stocks etc.

45K a month is also sending a signal that you might not come back. Just find a way to include income from other sources.

Sure You can appeal. You can win.
best luck.

My stock transaction detail worth 850k between 2005-2009 was included. Also included was a letter from my stock broker stating that my present stock net value was 650k. (Before the global crisis, my stock worth was more than 1M) My Brother also stated in his letter that he has sent £1000 (250k) to me for my ticket. All this sums up to 1Min my savings account.

Can my brother appeal in uk on my behalf? also is it compulsory to sign the appealant section or my brother can sign on my behalf since he is doing the appeal.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by flekan(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2009
justwise:

U are a disgrace, who do u think u are? Nonsense.

Partner with BHC I think. VFS can't even guarantee you a visa not to talk of your so called PFL.

ROTFLMAO
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by OAM4J: 10:04pm On Oct 24, 2009
kinol:

My stock transaction detail worth 850k between 2005-2009 was included. Also included was a letter from my stock broker stating that my present stock net value was 650k. (Before the global crisis, my stock worth was more than 1M) My Brother also stated in his letter that he has sent £1000 (250k) to me for my ticket. All this sums up to 1Min my savings account.

Can my brother appeal in uk on my behalf? also is it compulsory to sign the appealant section or my brother can sign on my behalf since he is doing the appeal.

There is a thread on UK appeal. Go through it, am sure you will get all the information you need. You can also ask your question there. I have never handled an appeal, so i wont be certain of the procedures. But the much I know is that you are the one to innitiate the appeal and your brother will follow it up.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by gvabby: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2009
TO kinol:
I think the way forward for your appeal  is to reply and have it processed at the British Embassy in Nigeria yourself and your brother can do the follow up in UK. Although, I do not think there is much to do in the UK(Home Office) as the main job is to be done in Nigeria(British Embassy). I have been in the UK for more than 10 yrs now and i have seen and heard of different stories of how people have been given visas and how they have also been refused too.
First of all, the amount you claim to have in your a/c does not mean you can be trusted. 1million Naira is £4000. If you claim you earm 45k, that is less than £200. so they might find it hard to believe you not coming to the UK to work,   Basically, I would advice you to try these: 100% genuine documents that can be verified, good follow up and advice b4 submitting,  good back up sponsor, document to follow up from your brother (only if he is legal in the UK), document from friends in the UK standing as guarantor that they promise to ensure you going back to Nigeria. With these, they should have no reason to refuse you. I know these might have sounded stupid or unnecessary but the british embassy believe they work by the book which they dont. They stupid and senseless but u just have to play along with them. I know how the situation is in Nigeria but the best is to get the visa 1st and you can then have your plan B to play with. (if you intend to stay in the UK which most Nigerian do, make sure you keep things legal bcus the UK aren't easy to beat anymore. If you need more advice, you free to reply here and i will respond as soon as i can. Its all for the future and i wish you luck in ALL.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by menana: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2010
I will like to make a few enquiries about my visa application

About proof of maintenance, my father is fully sponsoring my studies. He has provided me with the following as evidence of ability to sponsor me

Personal bank statement
short term roll over fixed deposit(91 day) investment statement
Fixed deposit (91 day) investment

My father has written a letter to his bankers to discount the investment and put it in his current account for me which they have done. Discounting is done with just one days notice .A copy of the letter of instruction was given to me yesterday. Even though the money hasn’t been in his personal account for 28 days, can I still apply considering the fact that its an fd account in his own name with the same bank where he has his current account ?
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by sunshinemi: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2010
menana:

I will like to make a few enquiries about my visa application

About proof of maintenance, my father is fully sponsoring my studies. He has provided me with the following as eviidence of ability to sponsor me

Personal bank statement
short term roll over fixed deposit(91 day) investment statement
Fixed deposit (91 day) investment

My father has [color=#990000]written a letter to his bankers to discount the investment and put it in his current [color=#990000]account for me which they have done. Discounting is done with just one days notice .A copy of the letter of instruction was given to me yesterday. Eveen though the money hasn’t been in his personal account for 28 days, [/colour] can I still apply considering the fact that its an fd account in his own name with the same bank where he has his current account ?

if you do that your application will be refused. and that is because the moni has not been in your dads current accounbt for 29days. .
you had no reason to cancel the fixed deposit. i will suggest you print the statement of the fixed deposit (investment) and use that to apply. afterall the money haas been in the account for 91days which exceeds the 28days required by the embassy.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by menana: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2010
thank you very much. i stil have his personal statements and fd accounts statements before the money was discounted. should i submitt that one,or i can submit the new personal bank statements together with the fd accounts statements
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by sunshinemi: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2010
menana:

thank you very much. i stil have his personal statements and fd accounts statements before the money was discounted. should i submitt that one,or i can submit the new personal bank statements together with the fd accounts statements

no. do not submit the new one. or else they will refuse you based on the new bank statement and pretend they didnt see the fixed deposit account statement.

so just submit the fd bank statement before the money was discounted. make sure your dad writes a letter saying he is your dad and the financial sponsor of your education and that he is in full support of your quest to study abroad.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by OAM4J: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2010
hope the fixed deposit tenure in the statement has not expired already?

and you have to pray/hope, that the embassy doesn't call the bank to find out the current state.

Your dad shouldn't have done anything to the fixed deposit till you finish your application process.
Re: Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? by sunshinemi: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2010
I do not think it has expired. You can present the bank statement to the bank within one month of collection from the bank. .
So for example if the statement was printed on the 1st of july, you have still the 30th of july to present this to the bank. .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sujourn Through The Mystical Forest Of Igbo Olodumare...ondo State. / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.