Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road (20848 Views)

The Bad State Of Mile 2-Tincan Road That Lagos State Govt Will Be Repairing / Who Knows This Bus Conductor That Died Along Ikorodu Sagamu Road? (Disturbing) / The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by murphy02(m): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Itamaga to ijede is turning to another odogunyan, hope ambode fix it soonest, its really getting worse...

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by nelsonebby(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2017
ikorodureporta:
D last time i went to Odogunyan, spent 2hrs frm ikd garage..
oga don't lie abeg.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
Finally this made front page. That road is bad ehen, I live in Odogunyan and i usually dread going out of the house due to how bad the road is. There is hardly any day a Truck or container don't fall down on that road. Even if they'll put a toll there after fixing it, I don't mind. There are like 10 major industries in my area including PZ. Trucks are always bringing in raw materials and going out with finished products.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by eRex(m): 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
nelsonebby:

oga don't lie abeg.

It might just be true... I used to go to church on Sundays in odogunyan... "Sunday" a supposed free day... If you see d road, these pictures and videos are not even doing justice...
IT is the worst road I have seen in my life especially towards ogijo.. The bad state of Ore road then cannot be compared. I pity commercial vehicles that ply that route.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
nelsonebby:

oga don't lie abeg.
If there is Traffic due to a fallen container you'll spend that much time. I live there so he isn't lying. The road I Horrible

Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Dalek(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mac2016:
Haba...Kilo de! The state of the road is despicable...it's as if we are not paying tax. I have a suggestion. Why not give all the big companies in that area, that use that road majorly, tax holiday and ask them to reconstruct the road...

PZ did such for the section of road infront of them one time, FG knock dem down to court..
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by babaireti(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=pizzlesbar post=60907478]That road is the worst road in the whole of Lagos. And you have very important organizations / corporations on the road. Most of the iron recycling plants are on this road, Laspotech, PZ, NNPC, Portland Cement etc. The Lasma people are usually happy towing trailers and trucks that brakes down on the road. So I guess high revenue for them due to bad road. High volume of trailer/truck activities. God forbid I imagined that one day the government will only attend to this road when trailer kills say 50 persons. Around the winners area last year atlest 7 people died. Deaths occur frequently too. A lot of fatal accidents.

I read somewhere that the FG via Special Intervention Fund allocated N2bn for rehabilitation and was suppose to commence September.

http://blackboxnigeria.com/2017/01/31/fg-spend-2billion-ikorodu-sagamu-road/[/quote
September 2016?
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by babaireti(m): 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=babaireti post=60909149][/quote]
September 2016?
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Dalek(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:
Passed through this road for the first time last weekend. Got home with serious headache and body pain.

imagine going through it day and night everyday. i leave home 4.15am everyday becos of this road to meet up with staff bus at ikorodu.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Tunmosh:
Yes ooo, the condition of the road is terrible, Lagos State Govt should please have mercy on us. It is sad Sunday evening wen you remember you be going to work Monday morning and u live in Odogunyan/first gate and it's environment
I think before leaving home, "if it isn't Urgent please don't call me." that's what I say.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Ajalekoko76(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
I tot they say APC plus APC will give us better governance alas No
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:
Passed through this road for the first time last weekend. Got home with serious headache and body pain.
Welcome to our world. That's what we go through every day.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by surgecom(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mac2016:
Haba...Kilo de! The state of the road is despicable...it's as if we are not paying tax. I have a suggestion. Why not give all the big companies in that area, that use that road majorly, tax holiday and ask them to reconstruct the road...

Abi now. The same way they did for Dangote.
FG please do something.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by donogaga(m): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Go to Agbara, Ogun state..... From Agbara junction to Igere down to Lusada..... Then you will know the real meaning of bad road.

Meanwhile, Agbara host over 30 Multinational companies. yet no motorable road. Containers conveying both raw materials and finished goods always fall off and the number of accidents recorded on that road is damn crazy.

I weep for Agbara community. Honestly, there is no government presence there.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by donogaga(m): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dalek:

imagine going through it day and night everyday. i leave home 4.15am everyday becos of this road to meet up with staff bus at ikorodu.

You need to pass through odofa road down to Lusada, Ogun state. then you will understand why the sagamu - Lagos road is fairly OK.

Agbara is a joke. No motorable road. There is no Government presence there at all.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by hahn(m): 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
surgecom:
Don't actually know which section this belongs to, admincan do the needful.

It's been a long time we have been experiencing this side of the road and both the commuters and the car owners are at the receiving end.

Can't remember how many times I have changed shaft, bow-joints, breakpads and low arm bushing this year alone.
Between High School and sawmill sometimes we spent two hours for a less than 500-meter journey. This ordinarily should take 1 minute.

We are part of Lagos State, hence Governor Ambode kindly come to our aid.

Regards,
Concerned Citizen.

See the pictures below.

Video coming soon

I live in Likosi and honestly your pictures dey learn work. I will take pictures and post them here

The roads are terrible from Likosi to Ogijo

The Ogun state government is totally useless angry
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Hantonia(f): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
surgecom:
more pictures.

Might be a Federal Road but we pay our tax to Lagos State we should be able to enjoy please.
The Roads Re Ntin 2 Write Hme Abt Pple Lose Der Lives Daily On Dis Road D Dat Gov Ambode Visited Ikd Dey Took Him 2 Ijede Road Pls Let Copy Nd Paste Dis Til It Reaches D Apporpriate Authorites Frm Ikd Garage 2 Odoguyan Via Agodo Alara Is Worse Once Had An Accident Der Yrs Bk A Dae 2 My Jnr Waec Exams Na Only God Wil Help Us
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Hantonia(f): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
nelsonebby:

oga don't lie abeg.
Would Nt Say It A Lie Cos D Road Is Bad Esp Wen Rain Fals
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Hantonia(f): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dalek:

PZ did such for the section of road infront of them one time, FG knock dem down to court..
It Tru O Companies Around Wanted Durin D Road But Were Nt Allowed 2 Do It
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by phemmisky(m): 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Deicide:
The problem is that you guys are waiting for the govt to come and fix it for you grin Everone in that community should contribute money to fix the road jare

Ode nie shaaa

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Johnsmartinyang(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
joepapilo:
As in ehn in the whole of ikorodu this road and that of odogunyan area seems to be the worst. At times I just feel we are no longer part of lagos state coz we have been neglected by the state government.
From reliable sources this road was awarded many years ago to an ikorodu indegene who was then a works n housing minister he did only from garage to sabo junction collected full payment n zoomed off n no get has ever questioned him?....the same ikorodu who was a skipper amongst the LGAs that brought this present govt to power..the video is nt even showing how bad d road is cos of the rain....HV just changed my shafts for d second time in three months n I'm driving a 4x4 vehicle so imagine ordinary cars....my steering rod the sing already sef......Which way Nigeria?......next year they will come n campaign ooooo n stupid traditional rulers will hustle for them to win..shameless fools

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Johnsmartinyang(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
surgecom:
Don't actually know which section this belongs to, admincan do the needful.

It's been a long time we have been experiencing this side of the road and both the commuters and the car owners are at the receiving end.

Can't remember how many times I have changed shaft, bow-joints, breakpads and low arm bushing this year alone.
Between High School and sawmill sometimes we spent two hours for a less than 500-meter journey. This ordinarily should take 1 minute.

We are part of Lagos State, hence Governor Ambode kindly come to our aid.

Regards,
Concerned Citizen.

See the pictures below.

Video coming soon

From reliable sources this road was awarded many years ago to an ikorodu indegene who was then a works n housing minister he did only from garage to sabo junction collected full payment n zoomed off n no get has ever questioned him?....the same ikorodu who was a skipper amongst the LGAs that brought this present govt to power..the video is nt even showing how bad d road is cos of the rain....HV just changed my shafts for d second time in three months n I'm driving a 4x4 vehicle so imagine ordinary cars....my steering rod the sing already sef......Which way Nigeria?......next year they will come n campaign ooooo n stupid traditional rulers will hustle for them to win..shameless fools
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Dalek(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
Johnsmartinyang:

na ogunlewe be that, he stopped the construction in front of his club (oriwu club)
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by ikorodureporta: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
nelsonebby:
oga don't lie abeg.

wetin b lie? Or u dnt wht we are going thru here?
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by bobochem: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
I av been plying roads since the day I was born but this ikorodu-sagamu road is d worst I ever see
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Djtm(m): 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
The roads in the pics still look good. Go down the road towards ogijo, when you get home you'll be doing paracetamol. Sagamu-ikorodu road is the worst road I've seen in Nigeria.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by princejones(m): 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
If you guys are saying this road is bad,what will we in the south south and south east say concerning federal road here which are dead traps.For us here that road is an express way
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Godson201333(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
I drove this road twice and i can tell you that Ogun state government is a very irresponsible one.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Realphilo(m): 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
The road is so so bad.

Every week I visit mechanic shop ,yet I pay for road worthiness
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by Kobicove(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
There are more terrible roads in Nigeria...
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by abelajayi(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Its quiet unfortunate that all the tiers of government we have in this country are being man by set of irresponsible,unconscious political bigotry.If the government in ogun state is same with that of Lagos state and they can come together and find a lasting solution to the bad state of the road linking ikorodu to Sagamu then what really is the true essence of the regional government they are clamouring for.The cities in question also lack stable electricity supply.I think we shld begin to question ourselves wether we are truly independent or not.
Re: The Bad State Of Ikorodu To Sagamu Road by eRex(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Realphilo:
The road is so so bad.

Every week I visit mechanic shop ,yet I pay for road worthiness

And FRSC will still arrest you that you car is not road worthy... Your tires are not road worthy.. Bla bla bla..
Oo..
Did I mention that FRSC and VIO have office on the bad portions of that road.. We need to arrest them set for providing bad road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / Where Is The Money Generated From Apapa Wharf Daily? - Man Writes On Apapa Road / Uk Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.