Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,500 members, 7,770,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi (31855 Views)

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most / 10 Things You Must Really Do Before Going Into 2018 - Fattkay / 10 Things Every Lady Must Attain Before Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2017
10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians:

I wrote this because of the English hostess that was very frustrated about flying to Nigeria. A lot of negative and hostile comments have been directed towards her and I tend to sympathize with that young lady. Yes, she could have said it different but she was frustrated. She may have told her boss several times that she doesn’t want to fly to Nigeria but she had to, so she snapped. I don’t know.

However, this is the list I know from my white family and friends having been married to a white person for 27 years. Maybe you know more to help bridge the cultural gap. So next time you meet white people try to avoid these behaviors that might be acceptable in Nigeria:

1: Calling a white person an Oyinbo pepe is not good. It is as bad to them as calling a black person a Nigger by the white person.

2: Inferiority complex towards the white race. Most white people hates it when Africans treat them with over respect. This annoys my wife the most.

3: Most Nigerian knows everything. Never day I don't know the answer to a question when asked. Rather, give very wrong answers. They appreciate it when you just say, I don’t know.

4: Coming late to a meeting or to any appointment.

5: Over dressing up. White people prefers beautify and moderate dressing. If you visit white people overdressed they are embarrassed and are not amused but will tolerate you. But our people don't know this because we want to impress them.

6: Praying over everything but not do what is within your power to change the situation.

7: Loitering in the day time. Basically hanging around gisting and not getting anything done.

8: Don’t say please when you ask for something and thank you at the end of asking for something, when something is giving to you even when it is your right, but rather command with, give me this and give me that. Rather, it is please can I have a piece of chocolate.

9: Not showing compassion to fellow Africans. Think about the 419 scammers or marry for papers or looters.

10: Always calling people by their nicknames. So you have in a family, the Chairman, The Oldman and the Governor. That is how we lost the name of one of my uncles. We always called him Teacher. After he and all his siblings died nobody remembered his name.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=273940029778779&id=158338594672257

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Marcelo290(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2017
Hmmm So whites are now gods we all must live trying to please, they aren't better either, here are my main reasons for hating them too..

1. Exploitation: They are always looking for means to exploit others, the scars of their hazardous Colonial leadership in Africa leaves us with pains, if in doubt read 'how Europe underdeveloped Africa' by Walter Roodney. They refused to teach us about technology and industrialization, rather, they brought religion to us and divided us so they could exploit more for their ailing European markets.

2. Racism: They view themselves as the superior race and look down on others. We thank God for people like Martin Luther King, still at that, racism remains inherent amongst them.

3. Neocolonialism: They are still trying to control blacks and Africans indirectly as we see today, oppose them and you meet your Waterloo...you can ask Lybians about Gaddafi. They also contributed to imposing an old uneducated man on us, so we all could continue licking their butts.

There are many more of them, my point? they aren't any better.

282 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by olamitiwale(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2017
Who white epp? undecided undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2017
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Truckpusher(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2017
I can agree with the number 2 but the others are absolute balderdash. Why should I change my cultural heritage and an inbred attitude and outlook towards life simply because you find it nauseating ? So we should feel very bad and kill white people who carelessly fart anyhow and anywhere around Africans even when they are aware that Africans do not like it one bit. grin

How about that smell of garlic they all wear like agbada ? cheesy

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by OLUTOYOSI15(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2017
As much as some of your points might be true, racism and hate is a thing of the mind, we shouldn't give people reasons to justify their nebulous and warped conception of another race.
BTW, Nigerians should also change their bad characters
and live in a dignified and civilised manner so that no one would look down on them.

11 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Homeboiy: 10:24am On Sep 28, 2017
Nothing but racism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2017
OLUTOYOSI15:
As much as some of your points might be true, racism and hate is a thing of the mind, we shouldn't give people reasons to justify their nebulous and warped conception of another race.
BTW, Nigerians should also change their bad characters
and live in a dignified and civilised manner so that no one would look down on them.
True sir.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Jh0wsef(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2017
storry

32 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by sukkot: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2017
is this fool seriously trying to equate nigger with oyinbo pepper ? make thunder and amadioha fire that ya tecno phone wey you take type this rubbish

on a lighter note, ermm you cant satisfy white people so just be yourself. white people are born to hate lol

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2017
because nigerians when in money r rude and proud
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by BlackDBagba: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Jh0wsef(m): 11:27am On Sep 28, 2017
This is the main reason.

17 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by SenorFax(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2017

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Rozaytee: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2017
olamitiwale:
Who white epp? undecided undecided
lolzz...dem over epp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by oshe11: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2017
U mean it.....

Well its bn a yl since I drew something I kinda like this Dp
So tot of doing dis since Im bored in d officegrin

cc blaqcoffee109

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Sleyanya1(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2017
sad

They still cannot do without Nigerians. Trust me if
you've got all they want they'll be the ones to do those 10 stuff listed there in their own way.

Value Yourself & Be Responsible.

I pray most Africans stop 'worshipping' the whites.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2017
trash
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by sod09(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2017
So you took your time to observe the whites well
Weldone sir

19 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2017
Wrap it up " foolishness and unintelligence"
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by ipobarecriminals: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2017
she's served. That go teach her sense

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Montez90: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2017
Nigerians are very dishonest
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Agbaletu: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2017
Adieza:

I wrote this because of the English hostess that was very frustrated about flying to Nigeria. A lot of negative and hostile comments have been directed towards her and I tend to sympathize with that young lady. Yes, she could have said it different but she was frustrated. She may have told her boss several times that she doesn’t want to fly to Nigeria but she had to, so she snapped. I don’t know.

However, this is the list I know from my white family and friends having been married to a white person for 27 years. Maybe you know more to help bridge the cultural gap. So next time you meet white people try to avoid these behaviors that might be acceptable in Nigeria:

1: Calling a white person an Oyinbo pepe is not good. It is as bad to them as calling a black person a Nigger by the white person.

2: Inferiority complex towards the white race. Most white people hates it when Africans treat them with over respect. This annoys my wife the most.

3: Most Nigerian knows everything. Never day I don't know the answer to a question when asked. Rather, give very wrong answers. They appreciate it when you just say, I don’t know.

5: Over dressing up. White people prefers beautify and moderate dressing. If you visit white people overdressed they are embarrassed and are not amused but will tolerate you. But our people don't know this because we want to impress them.

6: Praying over everything but not do what is within your power to change the situation.

7: Loitering in the day time. Basically hanging around gisting and not getting anything done.

8: Don’t say please when you ask for something and thank you at the end of asking for something, when something is giving to you even when it is your right, but rather command with, give me this and give me that. Rather, it is please can I have a piece of chocolate.

9: Not showing compassion to fellow Africans. Think about the 419 scammers or marry for papers or looters.

10: Always calling people by their nicknames. So you have in a family, the Chairman, The Oldman and the Governor. That is how we lost the name of one of my uncles. We always called him Teacher. After he and all his siblings died nobody remembered his name.

This is a big issue in Nigeria. It is only in Nigeria that we pray before we do anything...even if we want to fight.

14 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by stephany007: 11:31am On Sep 28, 2017
No 6 is very right
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by jayloms: 11:31am On Sep 28, 2017
Ehen! You don minute! Well, too bad op, cause fúcks are very difficult to come by these days, maybe some other time what do you say.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Ramanto(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2017
Who else can't give less fck about what the white think about us??

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by okoliexpress: 11:31am On Sep 28, 2017
THE MOST IDIOTIC THING IVE READ ON NAIRALAND IN RECENT TIMES... WHITES ARE MORE AFRAID OF THE COMPETITION AND OUR ABILITY AS NIGERIANS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SUCCEED. WE ENTER THEIR SPHERE AND TAKE OVER THATS THE KOKO NOT THIS NONSENSE OP IS SAYING

13 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by AnthonyAk(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2017
Id love to see ops white wife in question

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by WIZGUY69(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2017
10 reasons... but to me it's not up to a point...
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Agbaletu: 11:32am On Sep 28, 2017
Adieza:

Nothing is wrong with that.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by ezeagu(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2017
Nigerians worshipping whites once again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Embrassing Moments Caused By Nature. / Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State / What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.