Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (5600 Views)

For Programmers In Universities: How Are You Exploiting The ASUU Strike? / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria / Do Companies Employ Python Programmers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2017
pcguru1:
Well yeah I make cash from Programming sadly I don't work for myself but I work for a company in Nigeria, it's a Fintech a very popular one but I don't like mentioning the name directly, But I also do jobs for foreign clients too and local ones. Looking to make something that will have lot of users and cash something like an open source project. It's fun though

Shall we discuss collaboration?
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Shall we discuss collaboration?

Hmmmm that would be tough seeing my hands are tied into many things, but sure however I might have something for you, hit me up
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Everyone is busy, but at we all gotta create little time for some other stuff right?

DM on it's way....�

pcguru1:

Hmmmm that would be tough seeing my hands are tied into many things, but sure however I might have something for you, hit me up
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:
Everyone is busy, but at we all gotta create little time for some other stuff right?

DM on it's way....�

true to some point. sure thing
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

DM on it's way....�

replied
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2017
asalimpo:
dhtml said he makes 100% income from programming, everybody abandoned the original topic to start begging for job!!! smh!! It was blood sweat and years o!!! No short cut to climbing palm treee. He burned the oil learning the technical skills, then built his clientele slowly steadily and painfully. Got shafted a couple of times, he took all in his stride until his reputation grew to enable him start commanding decent money. His reputation now precedes him. Summary, there's no shortcut to success - It's the same principle in all industries. (law,tech,plumbing etc)
Make sure your skills are rock-steady,no matter how long it takes. It may take up to 10 yrs to get decent ( i ddnt say very good,decent) This is the critical point. Then offer your skills and services - ride the wave from there.
You have described the process very well, that is exactly what it took to get here. Lots of battles, some lost, some worn - with a lot of injuries sustained too (came close to getting dragged to court once, close to getting arrested a couple of times, got chased by soldiers all over lagos at one time - was dodging from place to place) - but all that one na past history now sha.

3 Likes

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by codeManiac(m): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
anonweb:

Codemaniac ure a programmer too?? Whats ur url

Yes I am, I work full time in a Fintech coy (winks at pcguru smiley)...But am almost always free on weekends and some weekdays, abstained from freelancing for a while, resuming back seeing that my day to day work is becoming a routine...
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by codeManiac(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
asalimpo:
dhtml said he makes 100% income from programming, everybody abandoned the original topic to start begging for job!!! smh!! It was blood sweat and years o!!! No short cut to climbing palm treee. He burned the oil learning the technical skills, then built his clientele slowly steadily and painfully. Got shafted a couple of times, he took all in his stride until his reputation grew to enable him start commanding decent money. His reputation now precedes him. Summary, there's no shortcut to success - It's the same principle in all industries. (law,tech,plumbing etc)
Make sure your skills are rock-steady,no matter how long it takes. It may take up to 10 yrs to get decent ( i ddnt say very good,decent) This is the critical point. Then offer your skills and services - ride the wave from there.

Well said, but in reality, no one associates with the sweat and blood, only results. It is a thing of joy to actually see the process leading to a tangible result. Now he can boldly tell us his story.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
codeManiac:

Yes I am, I work full time in a Fintech coy (winks at pcguru smiley)...But am almost always free on weekends and some weekdays, abstained from freelancing for a while, resuming back seeing that my day to day work is becoming a routine...

Lol i swear i check the twitter handle i no know say na you, (*winks back) wink
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Standing5(m): 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
dhtml81:

You have described the process very well, that is exactly what it took to get here. Lots of battles, some lost, some worn - with a lot of injuries sustained too (came close to getting dragged to court once, close to getting arrested a couple of times, got chased by soldiers all over lagos at one time - was dodging from place to place) - but all that one na past history now sha.
I like this post.
People thing IT in general is smooth. When you get employed and they pay you N1m / month, fine. If you have to hussle from ground zero, it is tougher. As a programmer people set their expectation on you with their ignorance. Imagine a client who thinks web hosting is a scam.

1 Like

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
pcguru1:

Lol i swear i check the twitter handle i no know say na you, (*winks back) wink

Partners in crime grin
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Standing5:
I like this post.
People thing IT in general is smooth. When you get employed and they pay you N1m / month, fine. If you have to hussle from ground zero, it is tougher. As a programmer people set their expectation on you with their ignorance. Imagine a client who thinks web hosting is a scam.

Wrong client
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
pcguru1:

Wrong client
End-time client!

1 Like

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by wane01(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Lol, from wanting to know if we make money to wanting to know if you can get a job.

Awesome transition grin
hehehe the guy just wanted a platform where young and old programmers can interact ....
somefin that seun has ignored even though programming is his roots

1 Like

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
wane01:

hehehe the guy just wanted a platform where young and old programmers can interact ....
somefin that seun has ignored even though programming is his roots
Thanks, more are still on their way, I am just getting started
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Maj196(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
dhtml81:

There is a great difference between the Nairaland Company and the Nairaland website (there is more to Nairaland than the website - the website is just like one of my startups).
And before the Nairaland startup was NSEAPI which died as explained here - https://www.nairaland.com/3402282/untold-story-shudown-nseapi
And even before all that was dhtml-extreme which happened many many years back.
And before Nairaland, there is a business name I was using dhtml-extreme which has been in use for 10yrs+.
Even the Nairaland domain was registered was registered at 2014 (that was when Nairaland started). And it has gone through many upgrades, but the progress has been slow due to my working on many projects all these years.
I have been freelancing for over 10 years, and have been coding for 15 years+.
Bro how do u go about freelancing in programming
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by wane01(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
dhtml81:
Thanks, more are still on their way, I am just getting started
i was referring to the guy that made this thread ..... baba please work on your site
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
Maj196:
Bro how do u go about freelancing in programming
I no longer go about freelancing.

wane01:

i was referring to the guy that made this thread .....
baba please work on your site
I see, anyway, your advice is noted, my site is getting worked on even as we speak.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Maj196(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
dhtml81:
I no longer go about freelancing.
How can I reach u?
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by anonweb: 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
wane01:
i was referring to the guy that made this thread ..... baba please work on your site
Lolzzz , easy, too harsh..
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by wane01(m): 12:02am On Oct 03, 2017
anonweb:

bottles on me pal
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 03, 2017
Maj196:
How can I reach u?
You can send a PM i believe or simply message via contact for of Nairaland.com

anonweb:

Yeah, too harsh, unnecessary and unwarranted, but it does not matter - it wont stop me from doing what I am doing (and wont reduce my bank account too).
Almost as if I have not been working on my site - don't even know whether it is an advise or a DISS (either one does not matter even).
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by silento(m): 12:22am On Oct 03, 2017
we don't come here to brag away our time

for the last 2month I haven't gotten a work to do just maintaining old websites just 2week before the end of last month I started a little program on betting just few weeks am like a celebrity in my area and just last week I have made up to 140k from 2700 on the predictions of my program and to land more in future
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by silento(m): 12:24am On Oct 03, 2017
you can make your own make or keep wondering about other peoples success

if you never try you will never know
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:

You can send a PM i believe or simply message via contact for of Nairaland.com

Yeah, too harsh, unnecessary and unwarranted, but it does not matter - it wont stop me from doing what I am doing (and wont reduce my bank account too).
Almost as if I have not been working on my site - don't even know whether it is an advise or a DISS (either one does not matter even).

Actually in all honestly, i expected more than you showed...due to the amount of time put into development.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 03, 2017
ding
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Maj196(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:

You can send a PM i believe or simply message via contact for of Nairaland.com.
I just registered in Africode. I don't mind if u can reach me via whatsapp 07064706193. I need some guidance on the world of programming. Thanks
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 03, 2017
Thanks Maj196 for registering, this very question that you asked me is why Nairaland was created in the first place. It is a place where you can meet other developers, there are programmers in every useful language there even right now (though they are mostly quiet unless you ask them something). So if you have any issues, challenges with learning, just drop it there, someone will definitely pick things from there.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Maj196(m): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:
Thanks Maj196 for registering, this very question that you asked me is why Nairaland was created in the first place. It is a place where you can meet other developers, there are programmers in every useful language there even right now (though they are mostly quiet unless you ask them something). So if you have any issues, challenges with learning, just drop it there, someone will definitely pick things from there.
Apparently i don't really have problem wit d languages for now but I need guidance on how programming will be useful for me in the long run. I really hope I could reach you.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by anonweb: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2017
LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE HERE, SO DANIELTHEGEEK WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS SHIT ON YA' PLATFORM

@dhtml please give me the url, lemme test some cyberskills on it...

Dont open your mouth castigating if what you gat aint better than what you see... Dhtml has said it all.

Please say something oooo.
#anonweb
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by anonweb: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2017
And that is hw danielthegeek go around castigating oda pple's work when hiz own is ntin to write home about.

Lwkmd, lols
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2017
Maj196:
Apparently i don't really have problem wit d languages for now but I need guidance on how programming will be useful for me in the long run. I really hope I could reach you.
Yes you can, add me on whatsapp 07030290746

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Programmers how much do you earn monthly? / Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / Udacity/google Africa Challenge Scholarship For Android And Web Development!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.