Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Help With PHCN Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With PHCN Wahala (29780 Views)

My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Three Phase PHCN Prepaid Meter For Sale / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.

17 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by MrPresident1: 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.

Useless PHCN. Thieves.

31 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
MrPresident1:

Useless PHCN. Thieves.

I'm seething! Those moraaforkers refused to hear the "give me prepaid meter" plea. We are so gonna go Dutch on them too.Whew!

10 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by MrPresident1: 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
sisisioge:

I'm seething! Those moraaforkers refused to hear the "give me prepaid meter" plea. We are so gonna go Dutch on them too.Whew!

I can absolutely understand how you feel. You keep paying bills yet the bills keep increasing, like some stupid ponzi scheme. The more you pay the higher your bill increases like you are chasing the wind.

Give us prepaid meter, lailai.

Their nonsense will be treated one day very very soon.

15 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
sisisioge:

see enh, they tried this shit with me and I told them to bleeping cut the light, pack the wire and go!
Dude was shocked for seconds, he has never heard such. I don tire, they actually did. I was running my Gen and enjoying my little luxury until they came one day and ask for settlement so they could fix it back. Nonsense!

54 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by drI: 10:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
please this topic interests me as I am in the same condition and I know lots of people facing this too.
In my case, they refuse to read the meter, giving us estimated bills of 17k etc and even when we pay the money it's not reflected and the bills keep accumulating. we have complained and written lots of letters attaching all our receipts of payments all to no avail.
whenever they come around they cut the light despite our explanations. Apparently the disconnection team is not same as the billing team. it's quite discouraging.

I think this should be moved to front page so that people who have solutions to this misdemeanor can bring it up.

I know there is a consumer protection agency but I don't know if it is functional.

I really can't wait for competition in the power sector. PHCN would definitely go the way of NITEL.

10 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Sisisioge, that's their modus operandi now o.

Here they just look at the house, if the paint and gate fine _they knack you N25,000. If your fence done dey fall _ N3,500.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Bloomingbud(f): 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
Sisisioge

Welcome to my world of no light for over a month now because the want us to pay an outstanding bill of #256000 that we know nothing about o. Just like you myself and hubby are not always around to use any gadget yet we pay 5k every month.

They disconnected it July and we paid 25k to reconnect only for the to disconnect last month so we just ignored them as hubby don go shomolu tire. We came back today to discover they have packed the wire and I said to hell with them and stupid wire jare.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Homeboiy: 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Your own na small thing

They came to serve us paper that we r owing an outstanding bill of 107,855.00

And we pay 17,000 every month

No b say I de use light pass 5_hrs a day

BEDC na una know oo

Our landlord self na mumu man

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Acidosis(m): 3:51am On Sep 29, 2017
Lol

PHCN disconnects my light almost on a monthly basis. I don't care any longer, there is a steady unofficial NEPA guy around here that reconnects for N2000.

My neighbor and I get a bill of N7000 on a monthly basis in addition with an outstanding of over N100,000 (we never knew the former tenants accumulated bills until we moved in).

I already told the marketer around here to explain to me how I consume N7000 knowing that in my former apartment, I barely consume N1000 on a prepaid billing.

Until that explanation is given, I will continue to reconnect ILLEGALLY. Me ehn, I won't allow some riffraff toy with my head... Since they've sworn to remain illicitly corrupt, I'll continue to face them with equal amount of corruption.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by thotianna: 5:40am On Sep 29, 2017
This thing is affecting so many people.
Tell them to bring prepaid meter, they will not. Yet your bill keeps increasing every month even when power supply is worse.
I went to their office to complain and the mumu customer care woman was asking me how come all the four flats in the compound can't raise that amount? How come I am surprised at the amount, afterall they give us light up to 10 days a month. Rubbish.
We are planning to tell them to disconnect it soon, this exploitation must stop.

8 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 6:07am On Sep 29, 2017
Bloomingbud:
Sisisioge

Welcome to my world of no light for over a month now because the want us to pay an outstanding bill of #256000 that we know nothing about o. Just like you myself and hubby are not always around to use any gadget yet we pay 5k every month.

They disconnected it July and we paid 25k to reconnect only for the to disconnect last month so we just ignored them as hubby don go shomolu tire. We came back today to discover they have packed the wire and I said to hell with them and stupid wire jare.

Imagine! Hope you know your bill will continue to read even while disconnected. That's why I'm thinking of writing them to discontinue billings. In our case here, we get billed same figure with the other big flats.

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 6:10am On Sep 29, 2017
Acidosis:
Lol

PHCN disconnects my light almost on a monthly basis. I don't care any longer, there is a steady unofficial NEPA guy around here that reconnects for N2000.

My neighbor and I get a bill of N7000 on a monthly basis in addition with an outstanding of over N100,000 (we never knew the former tenants accumulated bills until we moved in).

I already told the marketer around here to explain to me how I consume N7000 knowing that in my former apartment, I barely consume N1000 on a prepaid billing.

Until that explanation is given, I will continue to reconnect ILLEGALLY. Me ehn, I won't allow some riffraff toy with my head... Since they've sworn to remain illicitly corrupt, I'll continue to face them with equal amount of corruption.

I am thinking of telling them to move their wires too so we can go illegal too. The guy I share with is kinda too christianly...he doesn't wanna hear illegal.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 6:11am On Sep 29, 2017
PaperLace:
Sisisioge, that's their modus operandi now o.

Here they just look at the house, if the paint and gate fine _they knack you N25,000. If your fence done dey fall _ N3,500.

Yeah, I agree. Craaze full their heads.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 6:20am On Sep 29, 2017
drI:
please this topic interests me as I am in the same condition and I know lots of people facing this too.
In my case, they refuse to read the meter, giving us estimated bills of 17k etc and even when we pay the money it's not reflected and the bills keep accumulating. we have complained and written lots of letters attaching all our receipts of payments all to no avail.
whenever they come around they cut the light despite our explanations. Apparently the disconnection team is not same as the billing team. it's quite discouraging.

I think this should be moved to front page so that people who have solutions to this misdemeanor can bring it up.

I know there is a consumer protection agency but I don't know if it is functional.

I really can't wait for competition in the power sector. PHCN would definitely go the way of NITEL.

I swearit, that's the first sector that should be thrown to the open. Competition is more than healthy for it.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by kevoh(m): 6:47am On Sep 29, 2017
I don't envy you guys at all. I was in your shoes early 2016 when my bill jumped from 7k to 9k (shared by 3 flats) to 35k to 37k per month. Issue was frustrating, ranging from disturbing reluctant co-tenants for payments to unnecessary embarrassment from silly PHCN officials who come to disconnect when we delay.

Finally prepaid meter that was paid for by my landlord for each flat over four months ago were installed. I barely use up to N2000 in a month sef, I get extra 20 to 30 units as a form of monthly repayment plan. Major consumers: refrigerator, deep freezer, electric cooker and Sumo water pump.

Only way out for you guys is prepaid meter. Those outrageous bills will just be eating out of your pocket if you want to keep up.

20 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Spylord48: 7:49am On Sep 29, 2017
That Nigeria for you..Everybody wants to make money, they don't care if U cry or not.Those PHCN are evil.Prepaid meter they will not give to their customers. If they come to your house and notice that you have one,just look at their face and see how angry they will be immediately. Useless set of fools.

14 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by siegfried99(m): 7:57am On Sep 29, 2017
This problem is what I'm currently battling with them, give us prepaid meter.. they refused.

What is the solution?

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Bloomingbud(f): 8:06am On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Imagine! Hope you know your bill will continue to read even while disconnected. That's why I'm thinking of writing them to discontinue billings. In our case here, we get billed same figure with the other big flats.

Let them continue the billing o, landlord will sort when we move out.

3 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by MrPresident1: 8:54am On Sep 29, 2017
Lalasticlala, Nigerians are seething and angry with PHCN o angry
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Mznaett: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2017
This is exactly what we are experiencing here...
The bill is just too much

Give us prepaid meter they refused...

The only way one can get rid of this PHCN and their wahala is to get a prepaid meter

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2017
Bloomingbud:
Sisisioge

Hi,

Whatsapp me on 0803 441 4456 I've got a workable solution for you.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2017
kevoh:
I don't envy you guys at all. I was in your shoes early 2016 when my bill jumped from 7k to 9k (shared by 3 flats) to 35k to 37k per month. Issue was frustrating, ranging from disturbing reluctant co-tenants for payments to unnecessary embarrassment from silly PHCN officials who come to disconnect when we delay.

Finally prepaid meter that was paid for by my landlord for each flat over four months ago were installed. I barely use up to N2000 in a month sef, I get extra 20 to 30 units as a form of monthly repayment plan. Major consumers: refrigerator, deep freezer, electric cooker and Sumo water pump.

Only way out for you guys is prepaid meter. Those outrageous bills will just be eating out of your pocket if you want to keep up.

Wow!Biko help me o. I have asked for that prepaid meter tire. I won't even mind paying advance house rent for it. Let this wahala just pass me buy.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2017
moniker234:

Hi,

Whatsapp me on 0803 441 4456 I've got a workable solution for you.

Hey buddy, I was preparing to get angry with you for proffering her a workable solution while leaving me out. But I know now, I can't possibly afford a solar alt. grin
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by kevoh(m): 11:35am On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Wow!Biko help me o. I have asked for that prepaid meter tire. I won't even mind paying advance house rent for it. Let this wahala just pass me buy.
Have you made payments or it's only enquiries you did? If you can sort one or two PHCN officials to have it installed as soon as possible please do. It goes for about 26k which is not up to half of your outstanding bill sef! I will rather pay extra to facilitate the installation than these accumulated bill.

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Hey buddy, I was preparing to get angry with you for proffering her a workable solution while leaving me out. But I know now, I can't possibly afford a solar alt. grin

Not true. That you can't afford one is misinformation.
I'm really sorry if you felt left out.

0803 441 4456 (whatsapp only)

Here's testimonial from 2 of my user:

Its been extremely wonderful, but all i can say sir you guys should keep up the good work. Since the solar system was installed in my house IKEDC has not given me up to 300 hrs light cumulatively since july 2016. The system has extremely helped my family. Thank you

Best decision ever! Fuel costs reduced drastically and hardly any need to turn on my gen to charge the inverter! Monthly payments are really easy on the pocket and having 24-hour electricity is just amazing! Many thanks for making it affordable for those who would not have been able to drop that huge lump sum at a go!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by jeeqaa7(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2017
I had the same issue.. Even worse.
So I stopped paying and confided in a friend (mischievous fellow)..

He tied a red cloth and some strange looking stuffs on the nepa pole.

It's been 8 months now since I last saw an aedc staff near my house.

Nb. My friend is no longer mischievous but you can try his method.. At your own risk

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Generalkaycee(m): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
your own small na grin
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by CosmeticChemist(m): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
You Nigerians don't like to pay your dues.. If you don't have constant power supply, you complain. You have now, it's too expensive you say... 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap. You might need to check cost of gas or coal, coupled with transmission problems and theft along the lines before you come here to complain about bills

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
I only came here to see how one can contest unfair bills, but all I am seeing so far is people whining, we need solution not all this complain

10 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Erums(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Wtf is phcn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naughty Things You Did When You Were Younger / Help: My Wife Wants To Know Everything / Please Help, My Sister-in-law Is Missing. See Her Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.