Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Help With PHCN Wahala - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With PHCN Wahala (29835 Views)

My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Three Phase PHCN Prepaid Meter For Sale / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Eberex(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
hehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin

Last three months after Fashola made the announcement that no nepa bill should be paid until prepaid meter is installed. Na so residents of Onipan, people residing Kayode street, majolate and the environ decided to face NEPA officials when they came about Fashola's instructions.

Ol boy, NEPA officials went to remove their fuse from the transformer. These people didn't have light for 3 good months.

Na beg dem go beg NEPA.

who tire for the end?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by generationz(f): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
franzis:
You dey complain , I have been paying 10-15k only for them to bring over 100k as last month bill
Ah aha ah
You see your life
You dey form loyal customer for those yeye people wey no be anybody friend

You better go the naija way
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by attention007(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
specter:
It's your right to contest your electricity bills pursuant to the provisions of NERC Act 2005. Cc: NERC FORUM at ikeja, IKDC hq ikeja, NERC Abuja and the Consumer protection council.
If unsatisfied, sue them for breach of their contractual obligations after 90days.
Add NERC, CPC as defendants to the suit.

They will avoid your house like shit. We keep suffering and smiling because we don't know our rights, or we know but are too lookworm or lackadaisical to act.
Hence the suffering and smiling cycle continues.

Exactly what my dad did... he sued their ass and the court told them to sign a document saying we were wrongly charged. So whenever the idiots come around all we have to do is show them the document.

The best way to avoid this is to take the readings before the idiots come knocking to read your meter.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by joinnow: 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
Crazy bill from idiot company
The metering coy in Akwa ibom will show them by producing enough digital metre then this their Big belle go flat without exercise.
This I assure them.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by attention007(m): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
specter:
It's your right to contest your electricity bills pursuant to the provisions of NERC Act 2005. Cc: NERC FORUM at ikeja, IKDC hq ikeja, NERC Abuja and the Consumer protection council.
If unsatisfied, sue them for breach of their contractual obligations after 90days.

They will avoid your house like shit. We keep suffering and smiling because we don't know our rights, or we know but are too lookworm or lackadaisical to act.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by ShinyJay22(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
DripDrop:

shut up you fool
May God bless you for giving a befiting answer to that bloody idiot,Nonsense,may thunder fall on the bloody critten!

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by IDSUCCESS: 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
Check your bill and you'll see National Electricity Regulatory Commission(NERC)'s number. Call to law ur complain. Another government agency you can contact is Consumer Protection Council(CPC). You can google and get get their contact number and you'll be told of what to do. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by ShinyJay22(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
You Nigerians don't like to pay your dues.. If you don't have constant power supply, you complain. You have now, it's too expensive you say... 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap. You might need to check cost of gas or coal, coupled with transmission problems and theft along the lines before you come here to complain about bills
Oh God why didn't Nigerian airforce make the mistake of dropping that bomb on this guy's house ehen,instead of that IDP camp...Nonsense,i think Nigeria would be a better place without such foolish fellows Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Ezi39: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
They are doing it to those in big cities. I was shocked that in my village, our whole bungalow is billed N400 despite supplying power to two other buildings that do not have post-paid meter.
Here in Lagos, I am living in one room, where I pay N2,500 monthly! If you compare this to what my people are paying in the village, the difference is immense. Though there is no stable light in the village, they can never try it there because those village women will vent their anger on them.
My solution to this is for Nigerians to rise and bring an end to the monopoly of discos. They are out to cause people to go bankrupt. Many are already at the precipice of bankruptcy because of their charges.
I was paying N600 before they came and increased it to N4,000 shortly before reducing it to N2,500. They did not even bill us according to our building sizes. Each building is paying N5,000 in my area. So those of us that stay in a small building of two rooms are the ones that are at the receiving end. Those who stay in large buildings are not feeling it in my area.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
frenzyduchess:
This phcn wahala is somehow sha,no light yet exhorbitant bills
I know the feeling cheesy cheesy cheesy but for a month I didn't reconnect my light ooo but asap an engineer I improvised from my neighbor sha
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
DripDrop:
What part of Lagos?
If around Anthony, go to the office at Salami close to Suya Spot and ask to see Mr Yakubu.

I stay in Gbagada and use the PHCN beside Gbagada general hospital. They always refer us to the Shomolu office for further assistance. Do you know anyone we can meet there? Forget the Gbagada staff...they just keep you chasing the wind.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jagabanmonerry:
That is my biggest surprise. Disconnect you n still bring bills on monthly basic... Please, do you think dat the formal written can stop the billing after disconnection because this PHCN guys are crazies.

Yes. Before we rented the space, it was under locks for 5 months and accumulating bills. When we made reference to that during one of our numerous complaints to them, they said we ought to have informed them to stop billings while it was under locks. So you see, it is very possible.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Yomiwayne80(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
yettymuse:
see enh, they tried this shit with me and I told them to bleeping cut the light, pack the wire and go!
Dude was shocked for seconds, he has never heard such. I don tire, they actually did. I was running my Gen and enjoying my little luxury until they came one day and ask for settlement so they could fix it back. Nonsense!

If not PHCN.... No amount of power can ever be like phcn.... So just settling with them is the surest thing...
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
Bad guy, that's corruption tongue
hAlexandro:
I know the feeling cheesy cheesy cheesy but for a month I didn't reconnect my light ooo but asap an engineer I improvised from my neighbor sha
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by poseidon12: 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
LivingBetter:
National Electricity Regulation Commission has said that ANY electricity distribution company CANNOT disconnect any customer that has not be given Prepaid meter. Check NERC website for confirmation; use that to confront any agent that wants to disconnect you. You can thank me later. Information is power!

That only applies to the Maximum Demand customers or commercial customers.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
gidig:
You have to resolve this quickly before it becomes a major problem with them. What probably happened is that the turn your bill into a commercial one in order to get more money from you. A residential bill is usually not that high. You need to write an official letter to your disco office. If it is Eko Distribution, address a letter to the customer care and have it delivered there. Then, report to the Nieggrain electricity distribution company 1 Odunlami Street, Lagos. They will also get copies of letters if the disco does not attend to the matter after 15 working days.
it is tedious process bt follow through with it and don't fall into their debt trap. They will try to tell you be paying something off the bill ut the whole bill is still on you. They usually give the marketers target and in order to meet their target, they give arbitrary bill estimates to people. That is why they have been foot-dragging about giving everyone pre-paid meters.

Thanks a ton. Biko how do I make this report? Do I just copy them in the letter I send to PHCN? Do they have a website? What area is their address in? Thanks, want a little more info before I turn to Google ni. Thanks.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Eshence: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
moniker234:

Hi,

Whatsapp me on 0803 441 4456 I've got a workable solution for you.
am interested in the solution where is ur location please
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
specter:

Ok, CC all those bodies in the letter? It sounds captivating already. Many thanks.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin
frenzyduchess:
Bad guy, that's corruption tongue
lols Ama engineer Wah do you expect
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by davide470(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lool.

Welcome to Gbagada angry

Those Shomolu Station dude are just .............
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by gidig(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Thanks a ton. Biko how do I make this report? Do I just copy them in the letter I send to PHCN? Do they have a website? What area is their address in? Thanks, want a little more info before I turn to Google ni. Thanks.

If you are under Eko Electricity Distribution company, address your complaints with a copy of your recent paid bill to the customer complaint unit. When you are done with your complaint, they should normally come to investigate that you are not properly billed but they will not come.
They are just using most people in Lagos to raise money. And they know it but most people don't follow through the process of complaining. After 15 working days, you can use the same letter you had written to the discos and this time address it to 'NIGERIAN ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION. THE CHAIRMAN, EKO FORUM. 16, ODUNLAMI STREET, LAGOS. The street is the one in front on the popular bookshop house on Lagos Island. The NERC office is on that street directly opposite the Total Filling stations. They will request three copies of the letter, three copies of the bill as well. From then, they now invite the consumer and the discos to a meeting. I can guess that the increase does not have the backing of the NERC as it is just extortion but most people dont report. Only commercial customers are supposed to be billed in estimates not residence, but they do it all over Lagos because people dont even know the channels for formal complaints.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
omogidi234:

@ Op, please invite them to disconnect and stop billing! That's is the only way out.

This is how to contest the bill, write a well articulated letter to the MD and contest the bill.

If after two months, no action, write a letter to NERC covering your area and attach acknowledged copy of the earlier letters, 4 copies.

If that doesn't work too, the last option is court.

Thank you. The already started the process by disconnecting. Next is to write the letter. Thanks a ton.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
gidig:

If you are under Eko Electricity Distribution company, address your complaints with a copy of your recent paid bill to the customer complaint unit. When you are done with your complaint, they should normally come to investigate that you are not properly billed but they will not come.
They are just using most people in Lagos to raise money. And they know it but most people don't follow through the process of complaining. After 15 working days, you can use the same letter you had written to the discos and this time address it to 'NIGERIAN ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION. THE CHAIRMAN, EKO FORUM. 16, ODUNLAMI STREET, LAGOS. The street is the one in front on the popular bookshop house on Lagos Island. The NERC office is on that street directly opposite the Total Filling stations. They will request three copies of the letter, three copies of the bill as well. From then, they now invite the consumer and the discos to a meeting. I can guess that the increase does not have the backing of the NERC as it is just extortion but most people dont report. Only commercial customers are supposed to be billed in estimates not residence, but they do it all over Lagos because people dont even know the channels for formal complaints.

Wow! I feel better already. Thank you.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by FrankGiel: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.
After the load assessment, what was the monthly billing rate??
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by FrankGiel: 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
LivingBetter:
National Electricity Regulation Commission has said that ANY electricity distribution company CANNOT disconnect any customer that has not be given Prepaid meter. Check NERC website for confirmation; use that to confront any agent that wants to disconnect you. You can thank me later. Information is power!
This is applicable only to 'maximum demand' customers.. Not residential apartments and the likes...
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
The greatest integrity is having the opportunity to short change others and not making use of it
hAlexandro:
grin lols Ama engineer Wah do you expect
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin
frenzyduchess:
The greatest integrity is having the opportunity to short change others and not making use of it
I see don't worry by the time you see light in the next compound and you don't have you will know was up tongue tongue as a lady your level of tolerance might just fit in sha

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
Level of tolerance has got nothing to do with gender, it's a thing you cultivate that way you can think of more legal solutions, anyway, I pray you are caught tongue
hAlexandro:
grin grin I see don't worry by the time you see light in the next compound and you don't have you will know was up tongue tongue as a lady your level of tolerance might just fit in sha
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
oyb:
@OP, there is no hope for nepa, phcn, ekep ikedc or any of the numerous alphabeth soup disco derivatives

i had thought that their transition to a private company would come with the inevitable shakeups that privatization brings

but nothing like that. they are largely as arrogantly incompetent and greedy as they have ever been

i live in festac and have been without light for two months now

two officials came to my house claiming i had 'bypassed' my meter. they disconnected me, asked that i come to their office.
i printed out the online payment evidence and took it to their office. their manager claimed it did not matter, that the meter had been looped and i was not paying full bill

i then called their customer care to complain. customer care promised to resolve.
after a week, i called again. no story.

i remembered that i have had some interactions with their ceo years back, and have some of his emails

i composed an email detailing everything that had happened, including their outrageous printed form claiming the house had been illegally connected since 2012 and was owing 800k

i sent the email to customer care, copying multiple senior managers and the ceo

no reply for five straight days. then the festac manager behind the whole thing reponded "this is being investigated for further analysis"

two days later, a customer care manager responded with an apology.

since then - NOTHING.

i work in corporate nigeria, and is a customer were to make that sort of complaint with multiple ogas in copy, there would be an IMMEDIATE response, and someone would be sanctioned, and the issue rectified

i had had an issue loading an ekedcp card once, and i emailed, then, called support [this is not ekedp, but a third party]. support was rude and condescending. i then doxxed emails of the ceo, and sent a followup email, with the offensive phone call in copy. i immediately got a call back from the rude staff, apologizing profusely. the ceo responded immediately to my email.

that is how professional organizations work. if you escalate an issue to the ceo of company and there is no response, know that company is effed.

as it is i am solwly off gridding - i have three petrol gens which are being overflogged, i have converted them to gas. i am also planning to deploy a photovoltaic solution in the next two months [not cheap].

ekedp, and co have the single benefit of being a monopoly, or thinking they are.

already alot of corporate entities are giving them the finger and moving to solar power. one of our facilitates, which had a similar issue with ekedp, and was disconnected for two months, is now fully solar. another is coming up.

[b]fuuuuck ekedp, ikedc, and all other phcn offshoot[/b]s

Amen to the bolded! I wish I could afford the solar powering. I will just print a finger on their bill and send several copies to their offices ni.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin grin
frenzyduchess:
Level of tolerance has got nothing to do with gender, it's a thing you cultivate that way you can think of more legal solutions, anyway, I pray you are caught tongue
are you whistle blower?? Don't say I didn't tell you then tongue tongue
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Current tapper tongue tongue tongue
hAlexandro:
grin grin grin are you whistle blower?? Don't say I didn't tell you then tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 25 Years Of Waiting / Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression / Lady Recreates Childhood Photo With Her Dad After Obtaining His Masters Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.