Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Help With PHCN Wahala - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With PHCN Wahala (30053 Views)

My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Three Phase PHCN Prepaid Meter For Sale / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by FrankGiel: 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
sisisioge:

It was 2k plus for only that month. Then we got like 7k the next and like 11k plus after. If you place our bills beside the ones for the 6 flats in the house, they will all look like mirror images. They bill us all the same with only Kobo differences.
After the load assessment, u should be given a flat rate.. It shouldn't fluctuate
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by DripDrop: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Please and please, let us be angry.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by PipMc(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
DripDrop:
Nigeria, we need to talk. We need to stop wasting time fighting for ourselves and start fighting for our future and children. Forget party or tribal affiliations, it is obvious the money is not reaching us. The fact that 'our brother' becomes president, governor, senator or minister doesn't guarantee better living conditions for us. We all use the bad roads, we all get cheated by power holding companies, we all pay through our nose for education, we all pay exorbitant fees for useless medical care etc.
WE ARE ALL BROKE, SOME BROKER THAN THE OTHERS.

Please and please, let us be angry.
First lets start with power holding companies.
Lawyers in the house, please lets converge and find out how we can sue the power holding company for the exorbitant billing system in use. I am not a lawyer, but I'm sure it is illegal to be made to pay for what you did not use, to disconnect power from a house for outstanding debts, and generally to unilaterally calculate a bill under s shady system etc.
I am prepared to fund the project, so we don't need anyone to pay anything. We just want need support and unity. Please send mail to
Angry.Nigeria@gmail.com and lets discuss the possibility of suing these thieves. We will fix a date for a meeting and start from there.

Lets use IKEDC to send the warning. If you are under IKEDC and are tired of their extortion, please let us join forces to sue. We dont need a high priced lawyer, all of them have money to pay IKEDC, we will do it all ourselves. We need as many people as we can get, with receipts, bills, whatever, even physical support. Lets try this. We cant just keep looking and suffering silently and complaining on the internet.
We need to fight for ourselves, because no one will fight for us. We are educated enough to demand better.

(other parts of Nigeria under other power holding companies too should meet and do likewise). Even if we lose in court, we would have sent a message, and i am sure they will start respecting us the youths/people.

I totally agree they are meant to be sued
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by romeorailss: 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
sisisioge:

I am thinking of telling them to move their wires too so we can go illegal too. The guy I share with is kinda too christianly...he doesn't wanna hear illegal.

U see this our country, they will force u to do thing which ordinary u wouldn't wana do. It's not as if u would love to go illegal as well but since they have gone illegal lol grin . So what is the status quo? angry
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
romeorailss:

U see this our country, they will force u to do thing which ordinary u wouldn't wana do. It's not as if u would love to go illegal as well but since they have gone illegal lol grin . So what is the status quo? angry

It hasn't changed. My flattie went to get it connected, paid the reconnection fee and we are back to status quo. It is well.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by romeorailss: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
sisisioge:

It hasn't changed. My flattie went to get it connected, paid the reconnection fee and we are back to status quo. It is well.

Nawa o sad angry
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Atk1nson(m): 4:44am On Dec 10, 2017
sisisioge:

Don't bother reconnecting next time it is disconnected, run on gen. The next month, one idiot will still bring a bill of same amount, do not collect it and ensure the idiot takes it back to their office. The marketer will contact you guys on an amicable settlement to the issue. You may have to clear the backlog but concrete arrangement will be made to see your Bill is reasonable afterwards. Ensure the next bill and the bill after is reasonable before you clear the backlog.

It may take like 2 to 3 months before that happens, so prepare to spend on fuel and have a noisy environment before that.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Osaronicole: 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
Same thing in my place of residence, giving outrageous bills until we refused paying bills for months.

No be person tell them to give everyone in the community prepaid metres. Now we pay as we use, the best that's happened to us.

Phcn is a fraud.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by HungerBAD: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=sisisioge post=60926448]

I'm seething! Those moraaforkers refused to hear the "give me prepaid meter" plea. We are so gonna go Dutch on them too.Whew! [/quote

Go dutch on them?what does that mean?lol

Are you tough?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=HungerBAD post=63965733][/quote]

grin grin not quite o. Its a term used for when each party pays their way, usually for dinners. A guys pays his bills, the girl pays hers too. In this particular context, its a local do your own I do my own grin.

BTW, stop trying to ruffle feathers this morning, my allegiance is for the other side grin grin grin
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by HungerBAD: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin not quite o. Its a term used for when each party pays their way, usually for dinners. A guys pays his bills, the girl pays hers too. In this particular context, its a local do your own I do my own grin.

BTW, stop trying to ruffle feathers this morning, my allegiance is for the other side grin grin grin

You are not serious lol.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
HungerBAD:

You are not serious lol.

cool
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Metrics4tea: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Before i parked out from my former house, estimated bill was 7000 per month and outstanding 140,000. in my new place, i spent 2000 on prepaid and there is always constant light
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by ijoshi: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Biko Egbon Metrics4tea please did you pay the outstanding 140,000 before packing to new place. how did you resolve that outstanding with your landlord ?? awaiting your Swift response sir. Thanks.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
The blawdy hens brought a thirty naira shy of 13k for us this month. I just want to pack out of Nigeria as a whole! It is so well!
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Spenserng: 7:59am On Jul 20, 2018
Between PHCN and my Landlord I was given a 80k bill to install a prepaid meter at one of my offices. I told them to go jump off 3rd mainland. With 250k I got a good enough solar power system and completely disconnected from the power grid.

I'm totally power independent right now. Without the need for a gen to boot.

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 8:10am On Jul 20, 2018
Spenserng:
Between PHCN and my Landlord I was given a 80k bill to install a prepaid meter at one of my offices. I told them to go jump off 3rd mainland. With 250k I got a good enough solar power system and completely disconnected from the power grid.

What load capacity are you able to power? How many hours of electricity do you get? Is the amount a one off payment or subsequent payments apply? Sorry, just wanna calculate ni.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Spenserng: 9:33am On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

What load capacity are you able to power? How many hours of electricity do you get? Is the amount a one off payment or subsequent payments apply? Sorry, just wanna calculate ni.

It's a small double office. So 2 fans, all my lights, laptops and phone chargers.

Yes, it's a one-off payment. And it runs all day for me. I'll bet with a little care, it will run all night for you too. Mini flat, right?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2018
Spenserng:

It's a small double office. So 2 fans, all my lights, laptops and phone chargers.

Yes, it's a one-off payment. And it runs all day for me. I'll bet with a little care, it will run all night for you too. Mini flat, right?

Yeah...no AC, fridge and TV ?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Spenserng: 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

Yeah...no AC, fridge and TV ?

Fridge. Hmmm.

I just spoke with the guy that installed mine. Do yiu mind if I pm you?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Spenserng:

Fridge. Hmmm.

You will have to change the battery eventually.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
Spenserng:

Fridge. Hmmm.

Please do though I can't possibly afford it right now. I could work towards it though. I have been making research about the most affordable solar option and Arnergy Solar seems to have a good offer so far. Who knows, your contact might be better. Expecting...thanks.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sergiolefty(m): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
Help a brother here.
We do get 2000 naira worth of units and we use it for at least a month. But now, it barely use 2weeks. What can we do biko
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sisisioge: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
sergiolefty:
Help a brother here.
We do get 2000 naira worth of units and we use it for at least a month. But now, it barely use 2weeks. What can we do biko

I've long moved on o. In fact, I had moved to an apartment in Ikeja where 2k could initially buy me about 190units that I could use for like a month....but it got to a point where 10k was taking 3 weeks. Loads didnt change much o. Just leave naija and its wahala alone...may God help us.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by lykwhoishe: 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2022
Spenserng:
With 250k I got a good enough solar power system and completely disconnected from the power grid.

Good one, pls what's your setup like. Products make and capacity

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers Buried (Photos) / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / Couple Who Welcomed 1ST Quintuplets In Cross River Celebrate Their Birthday.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.