Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Help With PHCN Wahala - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With PHCN Wahala (29911 Views)

My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Three Phase PHCN Prepaid Meter For Sale / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by sojats(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
I was on my way to PHCN office when I saw this thread. Imagine them bringing #38800 for a BQ containing three self contain. Attached is the letter, I wrote to them. Crazy dey worry them!

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
How long will one have to be approaching such people to clear bills you didn't use in the first place?, why not look for a permanent solution instead?, the billing system is the problem here not bill accumulation
hAlexandro:
it doesn't come easy like that unless you can pull some strings better still there are some crooks amongst them that could wipe the bill but you have to pay some money depends on how much is being owed thou
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
Your not alone, PHCN has gone mad! They came to my street and served the entire street an outstanding bill of 6 Million naira. They disconnected the transformer and left. My sister, I just packed my bag and left to Enugu to stay with my parents. Nothing tie me for PH, I'm a freelancer and I make my living anywhere I like. Idiots!!

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Stylz69(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.

Report to NERC and copy CPC.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Eze2000(m): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
You Nigerians don't like to pay your dues.. If you don't have constant power supply, you complain. You have now, it's too expensive you say... 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap. You might need to check cost of gas or coal, coupled with transmission problems and theft along the lines before you come here to complain about bills

NEPA general manager spotted
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hadura29(m): 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
Eze2000:

NEPA general manager spotted

Don't mind him he thinks most people don't know what they are saying here. What they are doing is clear day light robbery, they refused to share prepaid and they keep bringing accumulated bills. I have tired for them, I am too young to let Nepa kee me..
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Eze2000(m): 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

Why the insult ?

You deserve it and more.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
frenzyduchess:
How long will one have to be approaching such people to clear bills you didn't use in the first place?, why not look for a permanent solution instead?, the billing system is the problem here not bill accumulation
Like I said earlier write the district marketing Hub they might just do something abt it
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ok
hAlexandro:
Like I said earlier write the district marketing Hub they might just do something abt it
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Yesbody: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.

It is a deliberate act, they want you to have accumulated bills, they did the something to me from 5k bill to 12k bill for about 4month later they reverted to 5k
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Eze2000(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
TheDriller:

Mr Man, if you don't know what to type then better don't. How can you say 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap? I use prepaid meter and we have a minimum of 14 hrs a day of light and I average 5k every 2 months and I live in a 2 bedroom flat with all the regular electronics

u use electric stove?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Palaver: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Julivas:
Phcn palaver everywhere.
Sisisioge, you have said the right thing.
Write them to stop billing the apartment, tell them you don't need their light for now.
Then, negotiate with caretaker or landlord that you will like to use your rental fee to request for prepaid metre.
You can now apply for it.
Note, when applying for the prepaid metre, make sure you get to know one of the local electricians in your area, preferably their chairman because these local electricians work together with Phcn Staff .
If you can do this , within two months your prepaid metre will be fixed.
That's how they use to bring outrageous bill to me untill I get prepaid metre. Now I use #2000 worth of credit units for two months.
biko, stop mentioning my moniker and phcn in the same sentence. angry
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Ok
it might be an error from them.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
It's not, I said how my talk with the staff that came to drop the bill went in one of my comments,i guess we should hope for an alternative way to have electricity apart from phcn, cos that seems to be the only solution
hAlexandro:
it might be an error from them.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by CocoaOla: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
same thing here oooo slavery of the highest order we barely have 3 hours light a day yet they bring 25k estimated Bill every month for a room gives us meter they refused, hmmm there cup will soon full........
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Lacomb(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
That is the new thing with Ikeja distribution, even if you have old meters they will not read your meters, claiming it is old, they termed it "coding". they had done it to a lot of people who dint even realise they are being ripped off by the company.

Supply prepaid meter, NO we refused. Its a big rip off and nobody is doing or saying anything about it.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
You Nigerians don't like to pay your dues.. If you don't have constant power supply, you complain. You have now, it's too expensive you say... 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap. You might need to check cost of gas or coal, coupled with transmission problems and theft along the lines before you come here to complain about bills
PHCN Neva do ,wen dem do u go know how far
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
frenzyduchess:
It's not, I said how my talk with the staff that came to drop the bill went in one of my comments,i guess we should hope for an alternative way to have electricity apart from phcn, cos that seems to be the only solution
lol the generating set is always there
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
Palaver:
biko, stop mentioning my moniker and phcn in the same sentence. angry

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by NoToPile: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Those people are rogues.

That's why they made getting the prepaid more difficult.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
I mean cheap and effective and stable. Cost of maintenance of generator and fuel is not pocket friendly
hAlexandro:
lol the generating set is always there
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by yaki84: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
permit me to call u a fool.
Am sorry if i hurt ur feelings.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by themonk(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
cocoberry:
sad The annoying part is my salary didn't increase and yet everything has added in the market sad
Coco baby. Don't worry vote me for president 2023 and I will do you right wink
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hAlexandro(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin grin
frenzyduchess:
I mean cheap and effective and stable. Cost of maintenance of generator and fuel is not pocket friendly
lols am not sure there's one!!! And since you ain't in dire need of light all times except for weekend when you home it's still affordable you fuel budget shld be up to 5k for the whole month
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
This phcn wahala is somehow sha,no light yet exhorbitant bills
hAlexandro:
grin grin grin lols am not sure there's one!!! And since you ain't in dire need of light all times except for weekend when you home it's still affordable you fuel budget shld be up to 5k for the whole month
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
Pm if you have issues with Bedc billing.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by madridguy(m): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
PHCN wahala is everywhere.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Juciano1(m): 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
How does this crap you posted fix the fraud in PHCN? Give consumers prepaid meters and this thread won't exist. Estimated billing is fraudulent!

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by CDCEO001: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
PHCN contributed in killing my mother, whenever she sees the bill she will panic and start making calls here and there.
Our own started small like yours, they used to bring like 3k to 5k, at a point it became 5k ans every month we pay the 5k. Then it moved to 7k 8k 9k, and we kept paying 5k, and after a while we started paying 7k 8k, and the bill now move to 10k 11k....we paid 11k last week and we currently have 140k outstanding payments. This is a rip off!!! All this bills are only estimated and not real, we've been asking for prepaid meter and they say is not ready yet.
We we've written letters to them and gone in person and nothing has been done. Even my mother gave money to a man who said he work with PHCN to go and talk to them, atleast to look into this outstanding payments that keeps increasing monthly, but nothing was done and we don't pay anything less than 10k monthly now.
The outstanding was around 100k when my mum was alive last year, is now 140k....she won't calm down when ever she sees the bill, essentially the outstanding.

OP, I don't know what to tell you as everything we did to resolve the issue failed.
Is not easy, this country is a mess!
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by macaranta(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
LivingBetter:
National Electricity Regulation Commission has said that ANY electricity distribution company CANNOT disconnect any customer that has not be given Prepaid meter. Check NERC website for confirmation; use that to confront any agent that wants to disconnect you. You can thank me later. Information is power!
Just MD customers
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Holysholay: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
To avoid this, had to pay 120 K to get prepaid meter thru d back door

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Farmer Who Welcomed Triplets In Benue And Left, Finally Returns. Photos / My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name / Photo: See Billionaire Man Buries Mother With Hummer Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.