Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Black Berry Craze - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Black Berry Craze (14357 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / How Can I Use Black Berry Bold 5 To Take Screen Shots! / Brand New Black Berry Bold 5 (9900) For Sale.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Berry Craze by PurestBoy(m): 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
sofeco:

Chinese and their f**cking phones.

And you self wey you talk say you buy one BB for 12k, U no supposed sabi say na fake one?.

Abi na where you see the place wey them dey sell original BB for 12k?.

The unknown seller was travelling and he needed money. He told me he bought it 65K
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think the 65k+ is the original ones.

Chinco phones are just meant for entertainment & fake multimedia and nothing more.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Meldrick(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
ALL IN THE BID TO CARRY A BLACKBERRY, ONE GIRL REGARDED AS THE MAIN BIZ GIRL IN GLO, STOLE A BLACKBERRY FROM HER COLLEAGUE. THE COLLEAGUE(ALSO A GLO WORKER) WENT TO THE TOILET TO URINATE AND FORGOT IT. THE GIRL ENTERED AND STOLE THE PHONE. THE FUNNY THING IS THAT NOBODY EVER BELIEVED SHE COULD DO SUCH A THING BECAUSE THEY LOOK AT HER AS A HIGH CLASS CHICK. I MEAN GBO GBO BIZ GIRL.

EVERYBODY ONE USE BLACKBERRY, EVEN PEOPLE WEY NEVER CHOP BELLEFUL. SOME GIRLS DO TWO TO THREE RUNS JUST TO GET A BLACKBERRY.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
That phone may not be chinese - there are dual sim adapters for blackberrys but dunno if they work or not.

http://www.shopblue.co.uk/phone-dual-sim-adaptors-192/blackberry-curve-8900-dual-sim-adaptor-604355.html
Re: The Black Berry Craze by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
not yet
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
Meldrick:

ALL IN THE BID TO CARRY A BLACKBERRY, ONE GIRL REGARDED AS THE MAIN BIZ GIRL IN GLO, STOLE A BLACKBERRY FROM HER COLLEAGUE. THE COLLEAGUE(ALSO A GLO WORKER) WENT TO THE TOILET TO URINATE AND FORGOT IT. THE GIRL ENTERED AND STOLE THE PHONE. THE FUNNY THING IS THAT NOBODY EVER BELIEVED SHE COULD DO SUCH A THING BECAUSE THEY LOOK AT HER AS A HIGH CLASS CHICK. I MEAN GBO GBO BIZ GIRL.

EVERYBODY ONE USE BLACKBERRY, EVEN PEOPLE WEY NEVER CHOP BELLEFUL. SOME GIRLS DO TWO TO THREE RUNS JUST TO GET A BLACKBERRY.

That's Nigeria mentality for us.

MAKE THEM SEE ME LIFETYLES WE HAVE.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ayettymama(f): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
Meldrick:

moral of the story?? irrelevant!!

neways bb's are ok not great

the messenger works for me socially and i can take notes and put down biznizz ideas anywhere i go

other than that its not great- worst still everyone has it! even 10yr olds have it

verdict

im gettin the new iphone next month!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
ayettymama:

the messenger works for me socially and i can take notes and put down biznizz ideas anywhere i go

other than that its not great- worst still everyone has it! even 10yr olds have it

verdict

Classic naija mentality - always wanting the 'newest' and 'most exclusive' toys around. cheesy
Re: The Black Berry Craze by texazzpete(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
I've got a BB Bold 9700, and while i acknowledge the Blackberry's excellent communication features, the UI is extremely primitive coming from the iPhone.
The browser is horrible, just too horrible for words for someone coming from an iPhone.

Gaming is out of the question, and the App world isn't downloadable from Naija. Even if you could get in, the apps there aren't nearly as many or as sophisticated as those on Symbian or the iPhone, and they can be really pricey.
The facebook app on the Blackberry is of  a far less quality than that on the iPhone. Ditto all the twitter clients

I'll keep the Blackberry. It's communication suite is unmatched, but anyone using a Blackberry without a BIS plan has to be insane.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ayettymama(f): 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
debosky

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Black Berry Craze by texazzpete(m): 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
debosky:

Classic naija mentality - always wanting the 'newest' and 'most exclusive' toys around.  cheesy

Don't be silly. This isn't 'naija mentality'. It's gadget craze, and people around the world are afflicted by it.

Why do you think i visit Engadget and Gizmodo (gadget weblogs) at least 5 times daily?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Krayola(m): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2010
IPHONE RULES!!!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
texazzpete:

Don't be silly. This isn't 'naija mentality'. It's gadget craze, and people around the world are afflicted by it.

Why do you think i visit Engadget and Gizmodo (gadget weblogs) at least 5 times daily?

You missed my point - I was referring to her comment about 'everyone has it'.

Phones are a more of a status symbol in Nigeria than elsewhere - the more 'exclusive' or 'expensive' your phone, the bigger you are (supposedly).
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Jarus(m): 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2010
@topic,
Caught the bug in December last year. I had wanted to get one since early last year but I can't justify dropping such money to acquire such when I still had E71. My E71 got slight problem in December last and I used that as excuse to change phone, switched over to BB, and gave my brother the E71.

Admittedly, it was more of me-tooism that pushed me into buying one, as that appears to be the 'in-thing' in office.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Demdem(m): 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Believe me, My Nokia 3310 still rock. its the bomb grin. Cant be taken off with this craze jare.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
Got one as a gift gave it to someone probably the smartest thing i have done. I have a friend and a sister who is so addicted she almost got crushed to death on an express way cos she was replying a BBM
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
texazzpete:

tp u don miss am - u visit those sites cause u're a geek who is a freak for the cutting edge

most nigerians are buying em as status symbols, much like some  hang flash drives on their necks because it makes them look 'corporate' or some such  tongue
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Meldrick(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
ayettymama:

verdict

when a dog wants to die, the whistle of the master becomes irrelevant. When people criticise a thief, a fellow thief sees nothing wrong in the act of stealing

You look so desperate about this BB or iphone but be careful on the part you intend taking to acquire it.

My advise, It's not a do or die affair. Cut your coat according to your cloth.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Jarus(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
oyb:

tp u don miss am - u visit those sites cause u're a geek who is a freak for the cutting edge

most nigerians are buying em as status symbols, much like some hang flash drives on their necks because it makes them look 'corporate' or some such tongue
grin grin
Reminds me of 3-5 years ago. . .when this appeared to be the mark of how 'IT savvy' you were. How time flies . . .some poeple still dey do am sha grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by zaragoza(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
What is that ur so called black berry bold does, that my Nokia E72 cannot do?

**sent from my nokia E72**
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ayettymama(f): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
i bought the bb cos i was in love with the qwerty keyboard!!!

wat do u mean according to my size

its not actually expensive unno!

i have the itouch and i dont really like it

but th ephone looks nice so imma buy it too

most likely i use it for 2 months and get rid of it

but there u have it with women and phones!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maedan(f): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Blackberry is rubbish, a fad that doesn't deliver 100%. I actually prefer Palm smartphones, and besides everyone knows that the iPhone is THE phone to have. Blackberry was meant for stodgy business people but now even fun-loving folks are buying BBs when it's actually meant to make doing business/working easier. It is not a phone for fun, that's for sure. Anyway, like the song sez, "it's your thing, do what you wanna do tongue."
Re: The Black Berry Craze by texazzpete(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
oyb:

most nigerians are buying em as status symbols, much like some  hang flash drives on their necks because it makes them look 'corporate' or some such  tongue

lol. I'm told that hanging a flash drive around your neck in Benin is tantamount to asking a nearby policeman to arrest you on suspicion of 419 grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ayettymama(f): 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
texazzpete:

lol. I'm told that hanging a flash drive around your neck in Benin is tantamount to asking a nearby policeman to arrest you on suspicion of 419 grin

i am officially

ON THE FLOOR!!!

LWKMD
Re: The Black Berry Craze by wendieposh: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
I use a blakberry tour and know all the features and more, the only issue I
have is the fact that it keeps hanging and my friends keep saying I use it
a whole lot but I am so used to it that I dont think I want to use another
for now!Proud to be amongst those infected with virus plus i'm a girl! kiss
Re: The Black Berry Craze by v3: 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
It's ONLY in  naija we try to imitate what them others do, BB is cute n all but no! Once had a chick who almost nagged me to death cuz of this BB thingy, when i FINALLY bought it, she was "Is this ALL it does?, Phone calls" grin grin. Thank Goodness i didn't subscribe to they BIS plan.

I already have the Iphone which makes more sense then the BB. Next time i spot one around me, remind me to smash it and give u a refund. cool

If it's NOT the central button getting stuck today,it's one app refusing to open tomorrow, the broswer's effed up so bad. . .i'd do OM in an instant!

Thats how much i hate em.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ayettymama(f): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2010
^^ then i think the nigeiran ones have a problem
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Demdem(m): 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
wendieposh:

I use a blakberry tour and know all the features and more, the only issue I
have is the fact that it keeps hanging and my friends keep saying I use it
a whole lot but I am so used to it that I dont think I want to use another
for now!Proud to be amongst those infected with virus plus i'm a girl! kiss

No wonder undecided
Re: The Black Berry Craze by v3: 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ then i think the nigeiran ones have a problem
seriously, do they manufacture BB's here in 9ja? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
v3:

seriously, do they manufacture BB's here in 9ja? shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

Made in Alaba. cheesy
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ayettymama(f): 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
^^ maybe u neva no!

actually thats not tru

here as well the bb's are always breakin dwn

i take that back
Re: The Black Berry Craze by v3: 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
M asking cuz i fix BB App/Interne issues on a daily basis, my boss is one heavy BB user and anytime there's an issue. . .there's ONLY one name in my coy they call.

Last time i told him to ditch the phone (a polite suggestion), a token was deducted from my chequ angry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Block Some Numbers From Calling My Airtel Number / How Can I Install Google Playstore Coolpad Android Phone / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.