Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Black Berry Craze - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Black Berry Craze (14352 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / How Can I Use Black Berry Bold 5 To Take Screen Shots! / Brand New Black Berry Bold 5 (9900) For Sale.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
Nope! I perfectly fine with my LG Glimmer lol.

Top of the line pictures/ videos, fast internet access and guess what? I can actually call ppl on it lol. Please it does the same thing. Forget a blackberry. My sister wont leave her blackberry alone.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
I once saw an iphone in an open market and the seller said yes its an iphone but it doesnt use itunes. I was like WTF!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by v3: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
denzel2009:

I once saw an iphone in an open market and the seller said yes its an iphone but it doesnt use itunes. I was like WTF!
Maybe d dude made a mistake grin grin grin dang!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
LMAO@ denzel. thats what you call a street hustler. Full of crap and still selling.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
Get an iphone. That thing can be a lifesaver.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by chic2pimp(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
oyb:

tp u don miss am - u visit those sites cause u're a geek who is a freak for the cutting edge

most nigerians are buying em as status symbols, much like some hang flash drives on their necks because it makes them look 'corporate' or some such tongue

GBAM!!!!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Olisa4all: 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Sum1sed nokia's sales r reducing,dats a bloody lie. .bb sales hv gone up,dats true . .
@ medlabgirl,hw did u adjust Olisa2fit ur dialect?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Olisa4all: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Nope! I perfectly fine with my LG Glimmer lol.

Top of the line pictures/ videos, fast internet access and guess what? I can actually call ppl on it lol. Please it does the same thing. Forget a blackberry. My sister wont leave her blackberry alone.
Get a smart phone,ur life wud neva b d same again. 'l0l
Re: The Black Berry Craze by mrofficial(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
Thank God, i still dey with my iPhone 3G.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Sdot1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
nokia e series available for sale. E63, wine colour, still as new, sales package content intact. price reasonable. call 08022629139
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2010
Hah!! Blackberry, the poor man's iPhone 3GS. I have an iPhone 3G and my sister just bought a Blackberry Storm 2. I can confirm that 5 minutes after trying that thing out, i dropped it and heaved a sigh of relieve picking up my iPhone 3G.

For God's sake, the stock Facebook app does not work over wifi, the Onscreen keypad is the most clusterf-cked keypad i have ever used on phone and the click sound that it makes when you press something, yuck!!

Thank God for Apples's iPhone, Nokia N900 and HTC phones.

Please next!!.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by DamDam1: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
I dont even believe blackberry have enough features apart from their chatting whatever.I still believe Nokia and Sony Ericsson are far better dan blackberry.
Imagine blackberry storm and tour does not have WIFI,Curve 8520 and Javelin does not have 3G even BOLD came wif just 2 MegaPixel camera.Nokia E72 is far better dan all the blackberry in the world, !!!!FACT!!!!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by axeman85(m): 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
i dont see the need in it at all  had the first bb pear back in 2006/07 no one knew it then and i only used it for 1week before returning it and then getting the 8700g which i have had for 4years now and still working fine, i got the bbstorm back in 0ct2008 when it came out newly in uk or a pre order basis, it wasnt really great as it kept on freezing and shutting down. went to naija and gave it to my wife who was shouting for blackberry then. for me its pointless as i make calls when i need to, not a fan of facebook and check my emails at work and respond to important ones, hence no need for blackberry. even the 8700g i use is just for text and calls chikena.

no point investing 100k in a phone and further 6500 or 5k every month for connection that you can only do limited stuff on for a short period of time. its just a status symbol and thats it.

am fine with my 8700g and my e71 back up phone.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 09, 2010
small boi nokia e72 and blackberry = no difference

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 09, 2010
my sexy Nokia N97 mini,
I can hardly wait to get my hands on the N900,
Nokia forever cheesy

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Stallion84(m): 2:32am On Mar 09, 2010
either BB oo, Iphone, symbian, java or windows i know there is no fone like my

3310. grin grin grin
OH MY 3310, PPLE MITE 4GET U EASILY BT I WONT. OHH 3310
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:01am On Mar 09, 2010
I use a Blackberry Bold and I simply love it!

Amongst all the phones I've used. . .I'm loving my BB best. . .It offers me a lot of features especially the email feature. . .I can check my email anywhere!
BB RULES!  cool
Re: The Black Berry Craze by OgidiBoy(m): 5:30am On Mar 09, 2010
Except for the email feature, Blackberry is noting but crap. I have over 200 apps on mine I never even bother to use because it takes so long to load. Kinda reminds me of dial-up Internet.

Oh and you forget to close a feature after using it, your battery will be trained so fast before you could count to 5.

I got mine for the GPS app, and I've used it only a couple of times, it took almost 10 mins to load. I could have made it faster to my destination if I had stopped at the gas station and asked for directions.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by moonraker(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2010
Toshiba 902T------ 803T--------Samsung 821SC------ Blackberry Bold 9000------

Iphone 3g-------Iphone 3gs-------HTC Magic (aka Ht-03a)--------Nexus One (Presently in Use)

Got a feeling i did be running back to my iphone 3gs. theres smt unique abt this device that

the BB wouldnt come close,

By the way, the most expensive BB is nothing less than 100k which is Bold 2??

Wouldnt you like to know hw much the iphone 3gs cost?? Brand new, tear rubber??

what the heck is my point??

oh well, the bb doesnt mean class. as a matter of fact, its a mad class smart phone (oops, hope i aint gonna be eaten alive for making this comment)
Re: The Black Berry Craze by DoubleN(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2010
The BB is one of the most over hyped pieces of crap i have encountered in a long time. The specs are just average. Quote me 'There is no Blackberry in the world better than a common Nokia E72'. tongue
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Genuflect(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2010
Blackberry is for businessmen and ladies that don't know zilch about phones. If you be Omo boy and I see you with this phone, I swear I go slap you into next week
Re: The Black Berry Craze by SignorZax: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2010
What do I need a BB for? When I've both Nokia E71 & E72 that takes me around anywhere in Naija.

Opioo!

I also have an E75 which is even more convenient to use.
What a flip. F**k the BB thing.

I said it 1st
Re: The Black Berry Craze by latiana(f): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2010
I love my Nokia N97. I can do everything with it. BB is just fad. Even people who have got nothing to do on the net go for BB. It's just an over hyped piece of crap.

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Medlabgirl: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2010
Olisa4all:

Sum1sed nokia's sales r reducing,dats a bloody lie. .bb sales hv gone up,dats true . .
@ medlabgirl,hw did u adjust Olisa2fit your dialect?

Akaolisa=Akaoliseh;Nwaolisa=Nwaoliseh; Olisa=Oliseh and so on, cool
Re: The Black Berry Craze by splashbaby(m): 11:25am On Mar 09, 2010
Blach berry nonsense. @ the poster, are you living in space?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by DoubleN(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2010
forgot to add this. 80% of all BB users in Naija use it just for facebook so that they can say 'This is my BB PIN!'. Ain't that crappy?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by lasgidi4rv: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
At the risk of sounding like a walking ad for Blackberry here goes. I guess I happen to be among the few BB owners that actually use majority of its features. I still prefer the size of my Flip to the newer Bolds/Curves/Storms etc. The others are just too bulky for me. Used to be Nokia fan but now very pleased w/ my bb flip. Different strokes for different folks!!! smiley
Re: The Black Berry Craze by sirdum: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
Blach berry nonsense. @ the poster, are you living in space?

where r u coming from?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maedan(f): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
lasgidi4rv:

At the risk of sounding like a walking ad for Blackberry here goes. I guess I happen to be among the few BB owners that actually use majority of its features. I still prefer the size of my Flip to the newer Bolds/Curves/Storms etc. The others are just too bulky for me. Used to be Nokia fan but now very pleased w/ my bb flip. Different strokes for different folks!!! smiley

Yeah, the flip one is cool. That's a BB I could buy cheesy. But seriously, whether you use all the features or not, does the phone deliver? In a majority of ways I think the BB doesn't.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
maedan:

Yeah, the flip one is cool. That's a BB I could buy cheesy. But seriously, whether you use all the features or not, does the phone deliver? In a majority of ways I think the BB doesn't.

Yes. It does what says on the box. Its just that some naija peeps are abusive,saw someone downloaded like 4gb stuff on a mobile not long ago.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maedan(f): 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
denzel2009:

Yes. It does what says on the box. Its just that some naija peeps are abusive,saw someone downloaded like 4gb stuff on a mobile not long ago.

LOL @ "it does what it says on the box". That's not always a good thing y'know grin.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by benzion72(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
Without prejudice BB is one of the best phone it town. In term of online real time email, messenger, facebook. I gave it to Blackberry. The only issue i have with BB is that of its inability to open word document such as Word, excel and power point. You need to be going through 3rd party software to get those stuff. Another grouse i have with BB is the 15kobo per kb download price for intrenet them that is on the high side.
But all in all i still prefer the BB despite the fact that it is expensive to maintain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out / TECNO CAMON 20 Series To Roll Out Android 14 Beta