Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles (31330 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / 4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Eze2000(m): 7:46am On Sep 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:
In the case of fire everything is gone in a twinkle of an eye

Not really.
The plastic may ignite, yes but the sand emptying out rapidly will most likely check the infano not fuel it. this house is safer that most modern buildings
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by planetx13: 7:52am On Sep 29, 2017
Our family is looking to sell our large expanse of land in delta State . Land is located along Benin - asaba express road , Aniocha south local government Area of delta State, just about 10mins drive from Asaba main town . (638
hectares in total ) It's along the Benin-Asaba express way. *100% security guaranteed. *No hassles or village youths/elders problems. *Amiable and very hospitable community. *Easily accessible. *Well secured. *Availability
of labor and workforce on demand . *Surrounded by rapidly developing areas. * Confirmation of property is available at the Local government Price- 2 million per
hectare ( Negotiable) *Titles include Survey plan, deed of conveyance, C of O. We are open to outright sales, sales in parts and partnership. For enquiries and inspection, Contact me 09080950214, 0812693968
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by lumzybo: 7:58am On Sep 29, 2017
Ije004:

No it won't. Sand/soil is a fire estinguisher. Starves flames of oxygen.

I am sure u are aware that the plastic is the holder of the sand. What happens when the holder(plastic) goes off? #betterimagined

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by telleyway: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2017
sylve11:
nice. only fear is direct heat from either the sun or fire. cool
there's no direct heat or sun here as the sand act as insulation medium.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Basfaq(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:
There is sand in the plastic there is no how fire can burn it.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by nairanaira12: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2017
EazyMoh:
Wow it looks well established too.
Having done some recycling projects (in theory) I believe it's a genius idea giving that the plastic takes about 2000 to decay. However, I think they should protect it against direct sunlight by means of coating. Otherwise sun can damage the bottle within weeks and with rain the sand can be washed off leading to collapse.

It isn't sand, it is concrete
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by ajealadick(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Not so quick because of the sand inside the bottle. However if the sand were not inside the smoke from these bottles would be very poisonous.

Pierohandsome:
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Kobicove(m): 8:15am On Sep 29, 2017
How do you do electrical wiring in such a house? undecided
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Ghost01(m): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2017
Learnt sometime ago that unlike the regular brick houses, those built with sand-filled bottles tend to be (more) bullet-proof - as the sand prevents or slows down the movement of bullets more.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by onatisi(m): 8:22am On Sep 29, 2017
very innovative
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Dollabiz: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by bettercreature(m): 8:41am On Sep 29, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
this will even be more expensive sef
Ofcourse
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by MRZEUS(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2017
EdificationBoss:
http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/09/photos-house-construction-with-plastic.html
wasted effort, wasted energy, dumb idea, gud creativity, only gud in a museum or art gallery. D contractor deserves a Kiss 4rm poison ivy dats if he plan on making it a residential building.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Jelal0007(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2017
cbkingbeatz:
Only these Mallams and their self acclaimed Stupidity.. . Pls how much is CEMENT for precious sake
I rebuke your extreme STUP!D!TY. Who u epp with ur dumb comment? Its an idea that can be harnessed. After all,in the UK we hear of plastic being used in road construction. Which idea u don bring up? ANUMANU

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Pludo: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2017
EdificationBoss:
In this modern world of scarce and limited resources, people are going the distance to provide for their means through new ways and recycling!!! These photos show houses constructed using plastic bottles filled with sand.
That is so so wrong.. That's the Lawlessness am talking about in this country.. House where Humans live.. Does anyone have the slightest idea what will happen if there is a form of stress on that thing call house.. Is going to shear and collapse on people living in it.. Not even an engineering test nor geophysical test is conducted.. And we are here celebrating lawlessness.. RUBBISH

Genius Or Just Construction Madness

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by cbkingbeatz(m): 9:34am On Sep 29, 2017
Angelb4:

How many houses have you built? Flat heads..
mumu. And who told u I'm igbo.. . That's the same thing i keep saying.. MALLAM is always a MALLAM
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by MicNz(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2017
PropertiesNaija:
Okay..

ROXBURY HOMES BRINGS TO YOU THE BEST OF LUXURIOUS LIVING WITHIN AFFORDABILITY..

SEMI-DETACHED FOUR (4) BEDROOM and TWO (2) BEDROOM DUPLEXES WITH BQ ARE UP FOR SALE.
COMES FULLY EQUIPPED WITH MODERN GADGETS, and CARPORTS WITH AMPLE PARKING SPACE.

FACILITIES: One Year Membership of Dream World Fun City, Swimming Pool, Event Centre, Gym Centre, Round The Clock Security.

LOCATION: 2nd Toll gate, Orchid Hotel road by Eleganza, Lekki-Lagos.

TITLE: Governor's Consent

PRICE: #47M (Semi-detached 4 bedroom duplexes); #33M (two bedroom fully equipped semi-detached duplex)
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE

Call/WhatsApp: 08075256644; 08169173378
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com/listings/2nd-toll-gate-ochid-hotel-road-eleganza/

Nice price but if I have #47M now... I will leave this country...
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Taiwo20(m): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:

i doubt that...its filled with sand
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Funkybabee(f): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2017
They should ties all the body
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Tecno66: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2017
EdificationBoss:
In kissthis modern world of scarce and limited resources, people are going the distance to provide for their means through new ways and recycling!!! These photos show houses constructed using plastic bottles filled with sand.

Genius Or Just Construction Madness

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Simply ingenious.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by gabe: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2017
plastics are easy to dispose off. It just cost less to make new plastics. Political will+ strong personal commitment to recycling will soon remove all plastics from the garbage space. political will involves building recycling plants or giving private investors tax breaks and incentives. Personal commitment involves everyone sorting his trash and and delivering all used plastics to the collection points of the recycling plants. Also, plastics can be thermally broken down to produce less toxic fuels for waste to power plants. If we are determined, we can turn the mountains of waste in Lagos, Onitsha, Aba and all major cities to wealth, resulting in a cleaner Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by mfm04622: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Not true! Or do sand burn? Most of the material is filling sand and the bottles are just to hold the sand
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Incrizz(f): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2017
EazyMoh:
Having done some recycling projects (in theory) I believe it's a genius idea giving that the plastic takes about 2000 to decay. However, I think they should protect it against direct sunlight by means of coating. Otherwise sun can damage the bottle within weeks and with rain the sand can be washed off leading to collapse.

What sand?
That's cement.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by EazyMoh(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Incrizz:

What sand?
That's cement.
Not in between the bottles, I mean inside. It's mentioned in the article the bottles are filled with sand. also see that boy filling one using a stick to compact the sand.
It wouldn't be economically wise if the bottles are filled with concrete.
cc nairanaira12

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Unitedsurgicals: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good idea, building another great industry. Block industry make una no fear oh, this one go make una do better strong block instead because una don dey get rivals.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by davibid: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Na you won go put the fire?
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by davibid: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
tedie3332:
get some extra cash for the weekend..
its not a magic, its real.

see details below...

Get a life now that you still youthful instead of scamming innocent people

Remember say dere is God ooooo
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by VickyRotex(f): 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
ajepako:
Vickyrotex follow me thank God for this babangbali/enemyofprogress new house..

I swear that mei ruwa and mei guard hustle pay wella...

Oya, what color of Aso ebi we go take now?

As usual, it should be food-themed ,you know he is fitunloran alajeranju
grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dont even know if I should be happy for him or cry for him cry cry cry

Why im waste im meiruwa money go build this kind house cry Omi oni gbelo lo grin grin The house will last like eyin maalu o grin

Colour of Aso ebi wink because I'm in the mood of eating Fried dodo and egg. grin grin Oya Fried dodo brown and scrambled egg cream as colour of gele cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by SalamRushdie: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
EazyMoh:
Having done some recycling projects (in theory) I believe it's a genius idea giving that the plastic takes about 2000 years to decay. However, I think they should protect it against direct sunlight by means of coating. Otherwise sun can damage the bottle within weeks and with rain the sand can be washed off leading to collapse.
*Modified
As an engineer I know about methods and research to find alternative building materials. One of the most popular is actually using Styrofoam inside concrete to reduce both cost and weight of structures.
Styrofoam and plastic bottles are basically from the origin; non-boidegradable cheap organic products. And the fact that the bottles are already used makes them even cheaper. You get them basically free and get kids (as seen in the pic to fill them up with simple sand). It will like N6 per filled bottle. Six bottles can be equal to a 9inch Block. This simply you cut cost of blocks from around N150 to N36!
This is to all those claiming it's gonna be more expensive or stressful.
As I mentioned, my concern is the bottles exposed to sunlight outside. weathering can destroy the bottles in no time if not covered.
The building will cool though especially in hot climates like Northern Nigeria.

Never knew you were smart OOO..See what supporting Buhari can cause ....nice you made a lot of sense
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by davss02(m): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:
I would have called you an idiot buh ... ...
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by kalufelix(m): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
If Una Like Make Una Talk Anytin I Must Build This Bullet Proof Fire Proof Air Condition House...Are You Kidding Me?
This Is Just 'Wow' #nojokes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Mama Put' Causes Fire Outbreak In Enugu Park, Bus Burnt (Photos, Video) / Land Grabbers Destroy Houses In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Pics) / Best Residential Estates In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.