Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles (31531 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / 4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by davss02(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
cbkingbeatz:
Only these Mallams and their self acclaimed Stupidity.. . Pls how much is CEMENT for precious sake
So someone can't innovate in peace?
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by kalufelix(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
davibid:

Na you won go put the fire?
Pessimists And Antagonists Trying Hard To Rubbish This Innovation When They Cannot Afford A Concrete/brick House Themselves. No Mind Them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by kalufelix(m): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Kobicove:
How do you do electrical wiring in such a house? undecided
Bros That One Na Small Tin

I Must Build This House..
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Incrizz(f): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
EazyMoh:

Not in between the bottles, I mean inside. It's mentioned in the article the bottles are filled with sand. also see that boy filling one using a stick to compact the sand.
It wouldn't be economically wise if the bottles are filled with concrete.
cc nairanaira12

Oh! Yeah. True. *Thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
This is creativity at its best..
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by ajepako(f): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
VickyRotex:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dont even know if I should be happy for him or cry for him cry cry cry

Why im waste im meiruwa money go build this kind house cry Omi oni gbelo lo grin grin The house will last like eyin maalu o grin

Colour of Aso ebi wink because I'm in the mood of eating Fried dodo and egg. grin grin Oya Fried dodo brown and scrambled egg cream as colour of gele cheesy cheesy cheesy

I swear you no dey dissapoint at all grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by EazyMoh(m): 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Never knew you were smart OOO..See what supporting Buhari can cause ....nice you made a lot of sense
LOL! Politics (like religion) is a personal choice. Everyone is entitled to his/her own.
Thanks for the compliment.
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by VickyRotex(f): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
ajepako:

I swear you no dey dissapoint at all grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by olatunji2020(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Wao this is awesome

Re: PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles by kannex: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2022
EazyMoh:
Wow it looks well established too.
Having done some recycling projects (in theory) I believe it's a genius idea giving that the plastic takes about 2000 years to decay. However, I think they should protect it against direct sunlight by means of coating. Otherwise sun can damage the bottle within weeks and with rain the sand can be washed off leading to collapse.
*Modified
As an engineer I know about methods and research to find alternative building materials. One of the most popular is actually using Styrofoam inside concrete to reduce both cost and weight of structures.
Styrofoam and plastic bottles are basically from the origin; non-boidegradable cheap organic products. And the fact that the bottles are already used makes them even cheaper. You get them basically free and get kids (as seen in the pic to fill them up with simple sand). It will like N6 per filled bottle. Six bottles can be equal to a 9inch Block. This simply you cut cost of blocks from around N150 to N36!
This is to all those claiming it's gonna be more expensive or stressful.
As I mentioned, my concern is the bottles exposed to sunlight outside. weathering can destroy the bottles in no time if not covered.
The building will cool though especially in hot climates like Northern Nigeria.

Is like you have much idea about this, Please i will be needing your number sir because i want to invest in plastic recycle bricks which will be used to build low cost housing, and i will be needing a co.founder please drop ur number ler me call you.
Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Shares Photos Of His Flooded Compound After Heavy Rainfall In Awka / Osamede Adun's Complex In Benin Demolished By Authorities (Photos) / Welcome To Furniture Market Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.