Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) (60756 Views)

524 Roads And Bridges That Buhari Is Constructing In Nigeria (see The List) / Dangote Is Building Roads Across Nigeria; See Some Of Them (PHOTOS) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by omooba969(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Lol

How are you beautiful flower? smiley
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by omooba969(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2017
brainpulse:
What nonsense, we are more than hardworking here, and most of you that travelled, do so on borrowed money from people you failed to help and some were your helpers or had helped you while here in the same country you left.
Nobody is depending on you, but it will be a disgrace to you if you have family and friends you can not assist or help no matter how small.

Ok

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by good4all40: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
I am Alfa(Islam cleric) by profession
Is it bad to date this Igbo girl She wanna convert to my religion Help me Happy jumat

Happy Jummah to you too. Hope you are not high on something

3 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by vislabraye(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2017
lol. Not far from the truth !!!
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by omooba969(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:

Is it bad to date this Igbo girl
She wanna convert to my religion
Help me
Happy jumat

Overload.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by sammuell(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2017
De guy below wat do hve to say? lipsrsealed
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by martineverest(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2017
Nbote:
Na so jor, excelt d person is jus lazy.. Imagine how much work I can do if d rates are gud and I'm paid per hour
and u think dey dont have bills to pay?

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by hanassholesolo: 11:52am On Sep 29, 2017
lilbest4:
Abeg. Minimum wage here is $38 minimum wage in Switzerland is $2000 for unskilled laborer that's around N700,000.

In Singapore, cleaners and security men earn $1000, that's almost 400,000 here. Why won't we think they're plucking money from trees

Good of you not to include taxes in this first world countries.

5 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by MTKbudapest(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2017
paiz:
There is always better

there is always better in what sense?
Must you comment?

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by daududaniel(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2017
You're totally wrong, i have step siblings abroad that i don't even talk to.

The caption to your post should be "How some lazy family members see some of us living abroad"

6 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2017
@op, nobody is saying their is money on tree branches,
but, the truth is, the value of their currencies makes sense out of hustling there than here.
Let me give an example, my cousin brother in Norway never try hiding the fact that he is a cleaner in a hospital in Norway,
but, can you believe this same guy has 7 solid houses in Nigeria, just after 11hrs?
Not any kind location o,
2 in lagos, 2 in Abuja, and 3 in the village. All, solid houses.
Now, tell me, how many bank managers (not even talking an equivalent hospital cleaner) can afford the above after 11 years here in naija?
This is the point.

***to those of you insisting he must be a criminal,
he said he makes about $18 per hour.
Take note, it's Norway, not America

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by oz4real83(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2017
Some people abroad, although they have nothing but they keep uploading pics of themselves with exotic cars,eating expensive food,with expensive dressings,expensive phones trying to make people at home believe that they ''have arrived'' even though they don't have the smallest unit of dollar in their pockets! How do u expect people at home to believe? They will even feel you aren't doing enough even when u just sent them ALL the cash you have been working for ,for the past one month and u dont have anything anymore to live on!!! We should stop this life of lies. We are not helping ourselves but only complicating issues!!!

7 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by TEYA: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nbote:
Na so jor, excelt d person is jus lazy.. Imagine how much work I can do if d rates are gud and I'm paid per hour
Guy that's not true. Many Nigerians are suffering abroad and because they are abroad they can't beg those at home who in many cases are doing better than them.
Funny part is abroad you don't go begging people to lend you money because nobody send yo message.

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by omooba969(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Yes, I am.

PM pls
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Adaumunocha(f): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
omooba969:

How are you beautiful flower? smiley
I'm good.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
omooba969:

PM pls
Why?
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:
sure nah, honestly, except the person is lazy.
My friend moved to the US recently for his Masters. He ran out of cash, so someone told him about a job which entails clearing some grasses from a parcel of land. After about 3-4hrs, they were given $120 each. He converted that to naira and he was having about #43,800. He said his brain wan burst. This is a guy that earns #90,000 a month here in Nigeria oo. He said the joy he had passed the stress he went through. If he should do this work for just 5days, that is about $600 and that is about #219,000naira here in Nigeria.

Abeg help me too. I need Visa abeg. I don tire.
but your friend fail to tell u that to have a hair cut is around 10 dollars that 3600 naira coke 1.5 dollar that 500 naira per bottle ,rent 900 dollars for a condo that 330 k naira monthly ..hence with his 120 dollar work per day he will just be exiting not living and the job is not permanent

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by free2ryhme: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:

Is it bad to date this Igbo girl
She wanna convert to my religion
Help me
Happy jumat

go post am for your muslim section abi you dey fear

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
So true
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Good of you not to include taxes in this first world countries.
shey you go pay 500k as tax?
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by omooba969(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Why?

More places to discover if you know what I mean... quite important.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Doesn't matter, at least when they are coming back they should bring something for their people. Though I don't have any close relative living overseas.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by yaki84: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
bros abeg wetin dis b/d mean?
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
omooba969:

More places to discover if you know what I mean... quite important.
I don't understand?
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by oyoofong(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Same as villagers see people living in the big four cities-Lagos,Abuja,Port Harcourt and Warri.

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by megareal: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
The generalisation is wrong. Africans mainly think that in Europe or America you can easily make money cos menial jobs are abundant if you are willing to work.

They don't know bills take a chunk of whatever you make and other factors may make you not work.

8 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by XCLUX(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
Since life is hard in Europe come let us exchange location.

6 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by claremont(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
I like the way some people on this thread are converting the wages of unskilled workers to Naira in order to justify their point. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by MCzubby247(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nbote:
I'm just laughing in chinese , xadushaxaxadush!
you see the white people are not stupid, everything in Europe is regulated even if your laughter become too much expect it to be regulated and offender are pushed.
the white people understands what's going on in your country that's why going there is been vetted too much and when you get their you must have the right permit and also pay tax.
To sum it up there's no free money anywhere if not everybody who travels to Europe will never return empty is not about hard work only rather is about right information, patience not hammer sharp sharp mentality, Europe will give same as Nigeria will give to you.
and again most people in these forum are been lucky most of the things you read here people you know personally will likely not tell you the truth probably because of their ego, regards towards them and personality but still most who wanna be traveled out will read and still not understand or believe it
my little two cent from my abode in moscow

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Bhol28: 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
The difference is clear,power of currency.So far u can work over ther,u,ll be able to at least feed and save and d value of pounds sterling,dollars u save will make it easy to buy valuable things @ home

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
MOST OF THEM SHOUTING ONE NIGERIA.....AND THE LOVE THEY HAVE FOR THEIR COUNTRY ARE HERE WISHING FOR VISA TO TRAVEL ABROAD.....HYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by kevoh(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
Exchange rate is the major culprit. grin For a tasking job as Car park attendant, you get about $10/hour. You can barely live and pay bills as an American with this. If the roles were reversed for a Nigerian in US doing such job for 8 hours per day, for 6 days week. He will be making about $2080 (N729000) per month. If he saves to be sending $500 (N178000)to his siblings back home it will look like big money. grin grin Meanwhile, the brother is managing himself abroad.

#Just.a.rough.analysis

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reverend Father Involved In Ghastly Accident In Bayelsa,But This Happened.Photos / Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit) / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.