Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) (60743 Views)

524 Roads And Bridges That Buhari Is Constructing In Nigeria (see The List) / Dangote Is Building Roads Across Nigeria; See Some Of Them (PHOTOS) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:
the 120 is not per day don't get me wrong. And there is always a way around everything. With all you have pointed out, I still have a friend who was able to buy a car legally.
I have people making up to $21k monthly for your information. And even it doesnt have to be the menial jobs. Information is key to anything.

Just help me get a US visa and I promise to pay you back %500.

Holla @ me
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by success10(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
charlsecy:
I am not sure this is true.

Ask your cousin to tell what other "business" he is into.

This is misleading until you account for high cost of accommodation and other bills plus taxes.
HE MIGHT BE SAYING THE TRUTH...
CONSIDER THIS IMAGE:

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Jacktheripper: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
sukkot:
dunno mayne. i cant relate. i am last born

No wonder, sense don finish before dem born you

3 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by sukkot: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jacktheripper:

cheesy
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by HEIR: 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Last year was sweet for nigerians abroad. Imagine $1000 was over 500k in naira. Smart thinking ones where able to buys up properties and investments back home. It's all good, at least the naira is gaining some value now.

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by armyofone(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
No easy place on earth.
For any dollars sent, someone must have temp given up something. Be careful with the calculation of dollars to naira...remember, bills such as water, light, gas, insurance, dental you must do once or twice a year, cable, cell phone, credit card, car loan, rent or mortgage, childcare if you have kids, alimony or child support if you knocked up that babes...all must be paid after uncle Sam's slashing (tax). Add feeding and self care...aha the list is endless.
You paint a false reality if you don't live abroad. The story is a difficult one for many Americans.

9 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by omooba969(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I don't understand?

Ok bye
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by kayo80(m): 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
armyofone:
No easy place on earth.
For any dollars sent, someone must temp gave up something. Be careful with the calculation of dollars to naira...remember, bills such as water, light, gas, insurance, dental you must do once or twice a year, cable, cell phone, credit card, car loan, rent or mortgage, childcare if you have kids, alimony or child support if you knocked up that babes...all must be paid after uncle Sam's slashing (tax). Add feeding and self care...aha the list is endless.
You paint a false reality if you don't live abroad. The story is a difficult one for many Americans.

Hmm! This is so true. Especially the mortage and montly car loan payment. I know how much my cousin in America pays on his car loan monthly...and that is just one bill o.

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Beautyaddy: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:
the 120 is not per day don't get me wrong. And there is always a way around everything. With all you have pointed out, I still have a friend who was able to buy a car legally.
I have people making up to $21k monthly for your information. And even it doesnt have to be the menial jobs. Information is key to anything.

Really

Doing what legal job making that amount monthly undecided

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by BlackBaron: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
No one has told them how much people abroad pay on rent, transport, phone bills, tax, etc

£1000 or Euros, a single room might go for £350-£700 depending on area, then transport, phone bills, food, etc, How much are you left with?

3 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by MCzubby247(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
success10:

HE MIGHT BE SAYING THE TRUTH...
CONSIDER THIS IMAGE:
this guy must be a kid, will the said person live on a tree? what about your other bill, electricity, water, central heating system in winter, food, clothes etc. this where you find out that is same working in Nigeria althought those amenities are not okay
what guarantees your a good life anywhere is either you have a sort after skills or a business of your own.

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by mikolo80: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
glossy6:

And those living abroad see every Home based Nigerian as a miscreant undecided
cos all the home-based know is how to demand for money like its their birthright

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by MCzubby247(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jacktheripper:

hahaha funny you! him fit buy am for market although is now expensive
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by stonemasonn: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:

I know someone who just moved, please share the information let me put across to him, it s not easy oh, even his Nigerian degree appears useless over there.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by obajoey(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Send me there, I will deliver the info to him when I get there bro.
You can both be making money as well.
One of the easiest way is to sell african fabrics over there.
Create a facebook page, advertise some fine and lovely fabrics that is not even up to 6k, do an advert on facebook and target those in US. Once the order comes in, quickly meet that shop owner where you saw the fabrics, buy, send to your friend in US. He delivers for you.
Shipping fee would have been added to the cost price anyway.

Your friend can be helping people to buy things from the US (Very lucrative, if he is trustworthy)

stonemasonn:
I know someone who just moved, please share the information let me put across to him, it s not easy oh, even his Nigerian degree appears useless over there.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by stonemasonn: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:
Send me there, I will deliver the info to him when I get there bro.
Hahaha, its that easy right?

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Wroxxane: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:
sure nah, honestly, except the person is lazy.
My friend moved to the US recently for his Masters. He ran out of cash, so someone told him about a job which entails clearing some grasses from a parcel of land. After about 3-4hrs, they were given $120 each. He converted that to naira and he was having about #43,800. He said his brain wan burst. This is a guy that earns #90,000 a month here in Nigeria oo. He said the joy he had passed the stress he went through. If he should do this work for just 5days, that is about $600 and that is about #219,000naira here in Nigeria.

Abeg help me too. I need Visa abeg. I don tire.
Let's not forget that he would still have to pay taxes, electricity bills, water bills, mortgage, phone bills, he'd have to pay for gas, transport and every other 'bill' payable. Besides, it's not every time a piece of land needs clearing. I am not trying to say it's not better over there in some ways but then some people who go there searching for greener pastures get into deep shit before they even realise and then they'd remember all the 'goodies' their counterparts promised them.

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by obajoey(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
True bro.
Bills are meant to be paid, in Nigeria or any other country.
Wroxxane:

Let's not forget that he would still have to pay taxes, electricity bills, water bills, mortgage, phone bills, he'd have to pay for gas, transport and every other 'bill' payable. Besides, it's not every time a piece of land needs clearing. I am not trying to say it's not better over there in some ways but then some people who go there searching for greener pastures get into deep shit before they even realise and then they'd remember all the 'goodies' their counterparts promised them.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by obajoey(m): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
Abeg nah
stonemasonn:
Hahaha, its that easy right?

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by tomdon(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jh0wsef:
but in reality.

So it is adults that do this things abroad that children do here
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by ExInferis(m): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
I am Alfa(Islam cleric) by profession

Is it bad to date this Igbo girl
She wanna convert to my religion
Help me
Happy jumat

Run away as fast as you can from everything igboe.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by HARKsmart(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:

Is it bad to date this Igbo girl
She wanna convert to my religion
Help me
Happy jumat

Tell me where your brain leaked. I'll do the needful

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by HerXLNC(f): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nigerians abroad: omo it's not easy here ooo.... Una wey dey Naija no know as e dey go.... Chai I wan die

Nigerians @home: Ehya.... Buh me sef just dey hustle to come... Naija no get plans for us I swear

Nigerian abroad (NAIRALANDERS) : it is same abroad you can make same amount in Nigeria Infact u can do better at home

Me: abroad no easy, e hard, I wan die.... Oya dey come Naija na... Hian.... Dey won't.... E no easy e no good still yet dey no wan comot Y? undecided at it worst it's Fuvking better than Nigeria

My point is.... My friends n siblings abroad ve been like..... Omo find your way enter here oooo.... E no easy buh far better than Nigeria....

FACT: people abroad can earn a Nigerian salary in a day after tax..... D Hustle there us that if u try to live well then you cant save buh if u control your expenses like not barbing every week or going natural against d way we are used to here, to drink coke na luxury, no clubbing, no fast food meals, no vacation..... Just work, eat and sleep then do dreads that ll last for like 6 months from a Nigerian friend that can plait well grin or cut ur hair like twice a month.... Then ur savings ll be more than what many earn in Nigeria.

It's good for young blood that still have strenght to hustle.... And if God on your side u study there n get a full time job.... Omo na blood money u dey so grin

A friend to a friend got compensated with £20k just because of say door fell on him... Can u imagine that amount in naira cheesy....our leaders have failed us... If u can get your ass to a developed country... Take d risk... The risk is higher if you don't take d bold step

3 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Shikena(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
lilbest4:
shey you go pay 500k as tax?
Yes, after all the year round tax deductions running into tens of thousands I have had to pay over 3k to IRS - that is over N1m. It goes down when you have kids, make some donations, have mortgage(s), and other spendings within the system.

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
stonemasonn:
Are you sure he is jus a cleaner

Anyway it is easier to survive with small jobs in Norway than in the U.S.
petty jobs in Norway earns $18 per hr, remember?
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
aariwa:
He is a drug dealer and he is using the cleaning job as a camouflage
please, don't be that certain.
It's possible, it's not us or England, it's Norway where petty jobs can fetch up to $16 per hr
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
nonix22:
guy, forget that thing. did he tell you how come? he must be doing other stuffs apart from cleaning job and fronting only the cleaning job. when you get there, you will understand where i'm coming from. or maybe he is a permanent staff in the cleaning job which may qualify him to get a reasonable loan from financial institutions to do those stuffs/ structures you are talking of. na today! is per
sir, he leaves in Norway, not us or England.
It's $18 per hr over there
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Shikena(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
nonix22:
my catchy phrase back with my flatmates and friends was and will always be "chai, who no go no know".
if you think the grass is greener at the other side, my brother, you wrong.

No place like home. bad as e bad, we go dey push am small small wink
In reality, there are far better places than home. Whatis bad is bad. However, if you are home make the best of it. If you live abroad, open your eyes and make the best use of the legit opportunities. If you really love home then you can set targets and enjoy the best of both worlds. I gained focus and freed myself from scavengers when I started my projects in Nigeria. No loose cash to throw away and now I quietly sneak in and out of Nigeria at least 4 times a year making income in two different economic environment.

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
charlsecy:

This is misleading until you account for high cost of accommodation and other bills plus taxes.
sir, so this accommodation, tax etc will take up to 80 percent of one's monthly pay?
Sir, which part of Europe are you currently leaving in
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
charlsecy:

so, accommodation, tax etc will take over #500,000?
It's obvious, you must be residing in London or US.
Bros,abeg, leave those suffer head countries,
they are affecting your opinion about the whole of Europe.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by rexesq(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
Is it bad to date this Igbo girl She wanna convert to my religion Help me Happy jumat
that is....
u no even mind that infant.
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by lindaayim(f): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
obajoey:
sure nah, honestly, except the person is lazy.
My friend moved to the US recently for his Masters. He ran out of cash, so someone told him about a job which entails clearing some grasses from a parcel of land. After about 3-4hrs, they were given $120 each. He converted that to naira and he was having about #43,800. He said his brain wan burst. This is a guy that earns #90,000 a month here in Nigeria oo. He said the joy he had passed the stress he went through. If he should do this work for just 5days, that is about $600 and that is about #219,000naira here in Nigeria.

Abeg help me too. I need Visa abeg. I don tire.
i like the way you calculate the money but i feel it doesnt necessarily equate to much money. the reasons being the cost and standard of living here in the US.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reverend Father Involved In Ghastly Accident In Bayelsa,But This Happened.Photos / Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit) / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.