Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) (60757 Views)

524 Roads And Bridges That Buhari Is Constructing In Nigeria (see The List) / Dangote Is Building Roads Across Nigeria; See Some Of Them (PHOTOS) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by proudlyYoruba(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
SillyMods:

The grass always looks greener on the other side.
That grass ain't greener on the other side i've been there, oh yeah i've been there oh yeah

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
LOLz!
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
claremont:
I like the way some people on this thread are converting the wages of unskilled workers to Naira in order to justify their point. grin
You go blame them when poverty don numb their brain. Even people earning $100,000 annually are not considered rich. Most nigerians earn less than 3kusd before tax and wont be able to save a merely 200usd in a month

5 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by hokafor(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
Your life and security is generally secured in abroad,as per plucking dollars is a hoax. If you are hard working your future is brighter.no place for a lazy bone in abroad. If u go into Yahoo yahoo or drugs is just a question of time your address will be in one of the prisons and ur relatives in Nigeria will squander all ur proceed of crime before the authorities grant u freedom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Quayman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
I am Alfa(Islam cleric) by profession

Is it bad to date this Igbo girl
She wanna convert to my religion
Help me
Happy jumat
Are you sure that you are an ALFA because the way she is hugging you my brother.... is un Islamic.
moreover, let her not just revert to Islam because of the marriage, but let her have the love for the faith at heart.

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Bullet1234(m): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
You guys are funny... it is easy to convert to naira without considering the bills that's need paid.
In honesty, it's like paying you with left hand and take it back with right hand.

The benefit we enjoy here is that you get what you are paying for unlike in Naija where you pay for light you don't use.

Another is your salary is not delayed unlike in Naija where you will work for months without been paid.

Employers don't exploit employee unless you no get docu. But in Naija employer go walk all over you and nothing will happen.

6 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Sultty(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:

Is it bad to date this Igbo girl
She wanna convert to my religion
Help me
Happy jumat
as dumbb as ur comment sounds I'll say ride on shocked
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Abagworo(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
dukie25:
Mods please help move this to correct section.

Anyway let me go an pluck some dollars for my relatives back home.

It has to do with background. I grew up feeling people abroad are suffering because of the family I come from and till this day I do have pity for them. I do travel at will and I believe people should travel quite often to know that nowhere is easy.

3 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by charlsecy(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mavrick2012:
Let me give an example, my cousin brother in Norway never try hiding the fact that he is a cleaner in a hospital in Norway,
but, can you believe this same guy has 7 solid houses in Nigeria, just after 11hrs?
Not any kind location o,
2 in lagos, 2 in Abuja, and 3 in the village. All, solid houses.
I am not sure this is true.

Mavrick2012:
your opinion
Ask your cousin to tell what other "business" he is into.

lilbest4:
Abeg. Minimum wage here is $38 minimum wage in Switzerland is $2000 for unskilled laborer that's around N700,000.
This is misleading until you account for high cost of accommodation and other bills plus taxes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
charlsecy:
I am not sure this is true.
your opinion
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by nonix22(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin who no go, no know my man.
make boys dey here dey rant thinking say e dey easy.
omooba969:

UK thingz. grin

3 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by nonix22(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
my catchy phrase back with my flatmates and friends was and will always be "chai, who no go no know".
if you think the grass is greener at the other side, my brother, you wrong.

No place like home. bad as e bad, we go dey push am small small wink

4 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Aboguede(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
anybody brother or sister in france? i want move over there. i am already in milan no show here. i will appreciate the help.

thank u

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by nonix22(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
guy, forget that thing. did he tell you how come? he must be doing other stuffs apart from cleaning job and fronting only the cleaning job. when you get there, you will understand where i'm coming from. or maybe he is a permanent staff in the cleaning job which may qualify him to get a reasonable loan from financial institutions to do those stuffs/ structures you are talking of. na today! is per
Mavrick2012:
@op, nobody is saying their is money on tree branches,
but, the truth is, the value of their currencies makes sense out of hustling there than here.
Let me give an example, my cousin brother in Norway never try hiding the fact that he is a cleaner in a hospital in Norway,
but, can you believe this same guy has 7 solid houses in Nigeria, just after 11hrs?
Not any kind location o,
Now, tell me, how many bank managers (not even talking an equivalent hospital cleaner) can afford the above after 11 years here in naija?
This is the point.

7 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by whizfem(m): 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
where do you get haircut of 10dols? Haircut is 15dols(basic) if you need to remove facial hairs,trim eye brow, goatee, all come with different price.While an average haircut in Nigeria is 200naira and the barber go almost shave even your pit..lol.

You should wonder why your guy that is always on lowcut goes abroad and started wearing oldschool

Alikote:
but your friend fail to tell u that to have a hair cut is around 10 dollars that 3600 naira coke 1.5 dollar that 500 naira per bottle ,rent 900 dollars for a condo that 330 k naira monthly ..hence with his 120 dollar work per day he will just be exiting not living and the job is not permanent

11 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by nonix22(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Aboguede:
anybody brother or sister in france? i want move over there. i am already in milan no show here. i will appreciate the help.

thank u

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by glossy6(f): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
dukie25:
Mods please help move this to correct section.

Anyway let me go an pluck some dollars for my relatives back home.

And those living abroad see every Home based Nigerian as a miscreant undecided

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by SamgoldBaba: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
and then we in abroad started forming

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by hustla(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
lilbest4:
Abeg. Minimum wage here is $38 minimum wage in Switzerland is $2000 for unskilled laborer that's around N700,000.

In Singapore, cleaners and security men earn $1000, that's almost 400,000 here. Why won't we think they're plucking money from trees

And they'll pay rent with $1100
Eat with $300
Fuel car with $100

How much remain?

Una go just dey do useless conversion like say na person talk say make your currency no get sense

10 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Hyinkar97(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
Alikote:
but your friend fail to tell u that to have a hair cut is around 10 dollars that 3600 naira coke 1.5 dollar that 500 naira per bottle ,rent 900 dollars for a condo that 330 k naira monthly ..hence with his 120 dollar work per day he will just be exiting not living and the job is not permanent
Subtract the expenses you listed from his income per month.

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by aariwa(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mavrick2012:
but, the truth is, the value of their currencies makes sense out of hustling there than here.
Not any kind location o,
Now, tell me, how many bank managers (not even talking an equivalent hospital cleaner) can afford the above after 11 years here in naija?
This is the point.
He is a drug dealer and he is using the cleaning job as a camouflage

6 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
aariwa:
your opinion
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by obajoey(m): 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
There is always a way around everything.
Alikote:

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by Mavrick2012: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
aariwa:
He actually said he gets $18 per our. Make research if it's possible
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by stonemasonn: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mavrick2012:
Not any kind location o,
This is the point.
Are you sure he is jus a cleaner

Anyway it is easier to survive with small jobs in Norway than in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by hanassholesolo: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
lilbest4:
shey you go pay 500k as tax?

Yes!
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by obajoey(m): 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
the 120 is not per day don't get me wrong. And there is always a way around everything. With all you have pointed out, I still have a friend who was able to buy a car legally.
I have people making up to $21k monthly for your information. And even it doesnt have to be the menial jobs. Information is key to anything.

Just help me get a US visa and I promise to pay you back %500.

Alikote:
Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by hanassholesolo: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
hustla:

And they'll pay rent with $1100
Eat with $300
Fuel car with $100

How much remain?

Una go just dey do useless conversion like say na person talk say make your currency no get sense

Lolz

2 Likes

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by obajoey(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
abi, and the $120 is not even per day, just some hours.
Hyinkar97:

Subtract the expenses you listed from his income per month.

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by ikbnice(m): 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
Is it bad to date this Igbo girl She wanna convert to my religion Help me Happy jumat
alfa is now a profession. No problem

1 Like

Re: How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) by dudu200: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
Aboguede:

thank u
post this in travel section u can get help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reverend Father Involved In Ghastly Accident In Bayelsa,But This Happened.Photos / Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit) / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.