Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do (59965 Views)

Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men / Man,26, Beheaded In Saudi Arabia For Taking Part In Anti-government Protests / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
but if this women come to other countries they rush to do all this. .well culture and politics weymix together all in the name of religion

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Futureberry: 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
There is nothing like freedom, you have no control over the choices you make!!!
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by KKKWHITE(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Well, no room to Slay down there. Very oppressive society. We have it soft here.
must women slay ??
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by hanassholesolo: 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
veekid:
Sheybi they can give blowjôbs and fúck? Forget the rest; na story! grin

No wonder the import the hottest of ladies from 3rd world countries just to shit on them and then give them what is probably chicken change in their country.
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Vutseck(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
Allee90:
Its their culture and tradition. We should learn to respect other people's way of life. One man's food may be another man's poison

So Women enslavement is their culture ni..
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by UniqueDennis(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
majekdom2:
Go to HIV thread on this forum and see people joining the league daily. there is a difference between a society where faithfulness is a virtue, promoting nudity wont affect that society that much as they must either use a condom or abstain such is the case with the developed world i,e USA and likes. I liken that to intelligence, also, a closed society that makes sex relatively expensive i.e like s of saudi- i liken this to common sense. and a society where people are careless, cannot abstain, do not use condoms, cannot be faithful i.e Africa and yet promote sex and nudity... i liken this to foolishness and unitelligence

If this is the excuse u are giving as a justification to oppress and subject a particular gender just to regulate the physical actions of the other when u cant regulate their minds, then i totally disagree with your above assertion for preservation of societal values.. And mind you, the opposite of the women's dress code in Saudi arabia isnt nudity.. So ur analogy is very flawed..
By the way, have you seen the way the few top class affluent royal elites of these religious countries who mostly enact and enforce these laws as a means to have a firm hold on their people live their lives within the spheres of their class and in other countries including the women??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by TundeHashim(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
I'm a Muslim but that country is bleeped up...The truth is, there rulers are the greatest hypocrites. Saudi princes mix with women, drink alcohol, fornicate, gamble and all what nots .. I just don't fancy them

5 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Tobilonia(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
fuckerstard:
ladies can't litter the whole place with nudity, what a sane country.
..... That z a misconception of the highest degree, subjecting a lady to her own right doesn't mean she z gonna abuse it.... Not all of dem gonna act like that though

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Ishilove: 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
Omoluabi16:
but...but.. you women belomg to the kitchen.
Mscheeew angry

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by bitcoinity: 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
WOMEN!? I ONLY SEE NINJAS!

2 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Omoluabi16(m): 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ishilove:

Mscheeew angry
loooooool ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chinachriss:
That country na die o! All these feminists should go and try shii for there na!

Many women are fighting for their rights there. This is what feminism is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
fuckerstard:
ladies can't litter the whole place with nudity, what a sane country.

Gay alert. grin
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Goldfaze1: 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
there are two types of freedom, the freedom you have when you did not commits any crime and the other type of freedom is you not to been a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Goldfaze1: 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
Islam is a problem to those practising it and those not practicing it.

4 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by davibid: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
Those laws are meant for only the poor and less privileged undecided

Just like hijab that is meant for the almajiris

#premitivelaws
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Mouthgag: 10:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
DLuciano:
hypocrites !!
Ọ́dẹ́
E consin u?
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
Omoluabi16:
but...but.. you women belomg to the kitchen.

Ishilove:

Mscheeew angry

and after that the oza room

know your place, wench ! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Ishilove: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
oyb:

and after that the oza room

know your place, wench ! angry angry angry
ROTFL! You're not serious o cheesy
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by popyea(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
Danmaiduguri:

wetin be ur business?? Na ur country? abi na ur women??
terrorist!

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mindfulness:

Gay alert. grin

No homo jor
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Bimpe29: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
Model country it is. At least, they are mile away safer from feminist tribulations.
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by introvertme: 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mindfulness:

Many women are fighting for their rights there. This is what feminism is all about.

Then adichie and the others should pack their things there and stop preaching another version of feminism.

No vex,I despise feminists

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
UniqueDennis:

If this is the excuse u are giving as a justification to oppress and subject a particular gender just to regulate the physical actions of the other when u cant regulate their minds, then i totally disagree with your above assertion for preservation of societal values.. And mind you, the opposite of the women's dress code in Saudi arabia isnt nudity.. So ur analogy is very flawed..
By the way, have you seen the way the few top class affluent royal elites of these religious countries who mostly enact and enforce these laws as a means to have a firm hold on their people live their lives within the spheres of their class and in other countries including the women??
do you think it is possible to regulate the mind of people without laws... check that again? Why is a society regarded as lawless and insane? Isn't it because the people fail to follow laws, no discipline and thus resulting to deformed minds. An individual can have a deformed mind but sometimes when he is forced to think about the consequences, he retracts. My point is simply, it is working for them, they are moving forward. Let them be.. do you know in kuwait, their women earn about 5000k USD monthly without doing anything. What's the use of an open society when the citizens are in penury. Africa is yet to discover what will work for them. Until we start being ourselves and regulate what we copy from the western world, we will always be at the lowe end. Besides, the people are not complaining.

3 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Ashley86400: 11:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
I've read many books about how women are treated there. .constantly being monitored by men.
One of the most memorable book I read was a book called Princess. . .which was actually written anonymously by a Saudi princess. This lady had over five cars but wasn't allowed to drive any. .she could only get around with her driver and another male to monitor her. .at times if there was no grown male. .her four year old son would be asked to follow her just to monitor her movements.
Their "modesty" is a facade.
-They have consensual anal sex. .a lot. .in fact, the entire middle eastern region do this. .as long as you remain a virgin. .the back-door is put to good use.
-They rape a lot. One of this princess' friend was raped by her brother's three friends when she was 14. Their parents had travelled and her brother decided to host a party with his male friends while they were gone. They drank, smoked, used drugs and played music all night.

When her friend came out of her room to tell her brother to reduce the volume of the hip-hop they were listening to, she had no idea her brother was in the bathroom vomiting his guts out, her brother's friends grabbed her and raped her. Eventually she got pregnant and both her and the boys were arrested. In their defence, her brother's friends said that she had seduced them by coming into the room in her nightgown. No matter how she tried to explain, no one believed her. Her brother didn't defend her because doing so would make him have to admit he was elsewhere vomiting the drugs overloaded in his system. . .the three rapists were released and she was sentenced to prison. The author said she would be out in her late 30s. . .she was forced to keep the baby as abortion is not allowed. . .when she fell into labour, her handcuffed wrists were chained to the bed as the 15-year old child pushed out her baby girl. The child was collected from her and she was sent back to prison.

These are just a few of the cases told by the author. .my heart was broken many times in the book. .

I myself have witnessed my aunt's very rich and religious neighbour who travelled to Mecca for pilgrimage. She returned back and when she had her third baby, he was was clearly middle eastern. Unlike most mixed kids who have curly hair, this child had straight Arabian hair, straight nose and light skin. It was basically like she swallowed an Arabian baby and brought him out again. Her husband was furious, and all her pleas for forgiveness didn't work. During the naming ceremony, his face was like stone as he was the object of ridicule by everyone. Eventually they reconciled and even had another kid. .
All these from the the "Holy" land.
Seriouly, religion is fanatism in a different form. And whatever is practised in Saudi Arabia is pure hypocrisy.
Moral of these stories- Saudi Arabia is a 21st century joke.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by chimexdnice(m): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nigeria that gives women all the rights and allowances in the world who has it epp all what you listed there is working well for them thats why they remain conservative. give women any little chance, they will abuse it. walk on any street in Nigeria 70% of women are unclad, leading to all manner of crimes.women tend to over do things when given the opportunity. even in our Nigerian roads women drive very rough

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Corradi(m): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
Evaberry:
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by UniqueDennis(m): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
majekdom2:
do you think it is possible to regulate the mind of people without laws... check that again? Why is a society regarded as lawless and insane? Isn't it because the people fail to follow laws, no discipline and thus resulting to deformed minds. An individual can have a deformed mind but sometimes when he is forced to think about the consequences, he retracts. My point is simply, it is working for them, they are moving forward. Let them be.. do you know in kuwait, their women earn about 5000k USD monthly without doing anything. What's the use of an open society when the citizens are in penury. Africa is yet to discover what will work for them. Until we start being ourselves and regulate what we copy from the western world, we will always be at the lowe end. Besides, the people are not complaining.

If they were moving forward before they wouldnt have been amending the laws now.... If they knew the laws of oppression against women were outrightly right, they wouldnt be trying to amend such laws if it was perfect.. And who told you the people arent complaining or havent been complaining.. Do you know the amount cencorship that goes on in that country.. My point is quite clear.. You dont need to use these extreme loopsided laws to as a means to promote some so-called societal values at the expense of justice, equity and fairness just because they see women as lesser beings that should be controlled like animals.. They over-regulate women while homosexuality spikes up and they score tops in exporting terrorism and human rights violations which includes beheading women in public.. Societal values indeed...

4 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by enemyofprogress: 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
I will never forget the day I took the risk of foking one eleha(woman in hijab),the woman fok me sotey I nearly die

1 Like

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by dsocioemmy(m): 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
Femi wetin?

These ones go bring the head of any feminist oooo.. Saudi Arabian men no get mercy ooo cheesy

make dem go try am there na. Na naija and Europe dem get power
Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by Lastanza: 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Allee90:
Its their culture and tradition. We should learn to respect other people's way of life. One man's food may be another man's poison

Mr or Miss. It's not right in every sense of it. What ever dat is logically bad is bad. If you read through the article you would see dat d women there are not happy with the way they are being treated and that makes it not OK.

It's a crime against human rights in every sense of it in respective of the region. The men in those Islamic countries fashioned out those ways of life in other to have there way and extremely control the women.

If you say it's there way of life why are the women complaining and agitating for rights to freedom and self determination.

2 Likes

Re: Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do by pocohantas(f): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
chimexdnice:
Nigeria that gives women all the rights and allowances in the world who has it epp all what you listed there is working well for them thats why they remain conservative. give women any little chance, they will abuse it. walk on any street in Nigeria 70% of women are unclad, leading to all manner of crimes.women tend to over do things when given the opportunity. even in our Nigerian roads women drive very rough

Are women lesser beings that they have to wait for you to give them little chance and opportunity? Can you create any woman?
Women are unclad leading to crime? Is unclad women that make you men kidnap, steal and all sorts? Or unclad women make you men rape? Why don't you suggest castration of males, so women can continue going unclad. Women drive rough and men drive responsibly, that's why men have more fatal accidents both with private cars and heavy duty vehicles.

I wonder how some of you men reason.
Wicked and heartless creatures.

If MEN were God!!

UniqueDennis:

If they were moving forward before they wouldnt have been amending the laws now.... If they knew the laws of oppression against women were outrightly right, they wouldnt be trying to amend such laws if it was perfect.. And who told you the people arent complaining or havent been complaining.. Do you know the amount cencorship that goes on in that country.. My point is quite clear.. You dont need to use these extreme loopsided laws to as a means to promote some so-called societal values at the expense of justice, equity and fairness just because they see women as lesser beings that should be controlled like animals.. They over-regulate women while homosexuality spikes up and they score tops in exporting terrorism and human rights violations which includes beheading women in public.. Societal values indeed...

Thank God we still have men with conscience. Animals have rights sev...why would anyone wanna infringe on the right of another human being. The person you're taking your time to explain to, if men are treated that way, would he take it?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Buhari And Queen Elizabeth / Armed Protesters In Camo Demonstrate Against Stay-At-Home Orders In Kansas, US / Kate Brown, First Lesbian Governor (LGBT) Elected In The U.S.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.