Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,477 members, 7,846,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12226 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by bami(m): 7:21pm On Oct 10, 2006
otolorin:

whatever happen . . .
i just hope the best comes for nigeria in 2k7

and besides - come 2k31 - i'll rule nigeria!
Are you not going to be like a 100years by then
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2006
2k31 is 25years from now

are you sayin i am 75 yrs old by now? . . . grin grin grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by bami(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2006
it doesnt mean, you can swear an affidavit saying you are 45 or something.After all is baba not up to a 100years, lol.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2006
baba is really 78 years,
though he claims 65 abi wat sef

you b funny man o!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dezzy: 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2006
Although i strongly believe, Rev. Okotie will do a great job as a president as he has done as a minister, I don't think naija will get better just because one good man is elected president.
It takes both the government and the people to make a country great.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by rhamz: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2006
wats all dis hype abt a pastor cruising abt in a hummer jeep? u all seem 2 4get dat during Jesus time he rode on an ass which was d best medium of transportation then.so let d man of God be.He has got other cars like Volkswagen Touareg ,C Class,Bora etc. Is he even d only pastor dat enjoys luxury while church members lack? maybe dat shd be a topic 2 discuss sumday so lets not deviate frm wat we think "If Chris Okotie Becomes President".
left 2 me he cant win, Never, even 4 a long time frm now.His person has got alot of issues.How can sumone who cant manage his home decide 2 manage a nation?wht does he knw abt politics? Those his philosophical books wont work for 9ja environment.This is a circular nation so we cant ave a religious leader.thou the man of God is very vocal and even gains grounds during political debates cos alot of our political aspirants dnt even knw wat they want 2 go and do in d office they are contesting for.The Pastor shd lead by speading d words of God to aspirants and by still prayin 4 d nation frm his Oregun Lagos Church and leave governace for democrats and technocrats.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by stevolala(m): 11:20am On Oct 16, 2006
I'm amazed at the number of people critisizing the Rev. Chris Okotie simply because he has a hummer jeep. Well, I see that as ignorance, why should his having a hummer jeep be used against him, this is a man of credible character, he was once a sinner and now is a christian, a leader for that matter. Secondly, the issue of his inability to manage his home, well, I understand he's divorced and has ever since remained unmarried, for this I respect him, in that he remained unmarried and is scriptural, what about our many state governors who claim to be able to control their homes and still sleeps arround with secondary school girls, what about our presidents with more than one wives, ah, my faithful Nigerians, time has come for us to open our eyes oh. Would you believe that in the 1999 elections, I went out to vote and I casted out my vote for JP and right in my own eyes, my vote was thrown away and the cordinators said why did I come there to waste my vote, what am I trying to say, I'm trying to remind you the kind of corrupt country we are in, and its due to bad leadership, and now God has heard the cry of Nigerians and is making way for the righteous to come into power and all we keep saying is the man doesn't have a wife, the man has an hummer jeep, have you been to Ribadu's house and see if he has hummer jeep or not, do you know if he has a wife? and yet he's doing an excellent job. I believe in Nigeria and I believe God would restore the lost glory of Nigeria but not with the likes of people coming out know to contest. I respect the Rev. Chris Okotie and I will vote for him whether he wins or not, I'm a member of Christ embassy and not a member of his church, never the less, I shall vote for him. Did we forget that when the righteous rules, the people rejoices? We all have been crying to God for change in Nigeria, and I believe the first change we need in Nigeria is a change of the kind of leaders we have, and I pitty people who say the Rev. Chris can never win, Why should it be thought a thing impossible with you that God should raise the dead? Chris Okotie can win and I pray he wins come 2007. I pray for him and that God restores his family and give him the wisdom to lead this great nation. May God bless the Rev. Chris Okotie, I'm taking it upon myself not only to vote for him but to support him also with prayers for I know one thing, prayer changes things. The other side of the matter is that, people are saying why shouldn't he focus on his being a pastor instead of coming to rule Nigeria, well, we should ask ourselves, why shouldn't David focus on his sheep in the sheepfold instead of coming to rule the stubborn and corrupt israel, also, why didn't Moses focus on leading Jethro's sheeps instead of coming to egypt to lead the stuborn isralites out of Egypt, I think it was beacuse God's time to deliever the isrealites was come, and I believe God's time to deliever Nigeria out of Tyranny, fraudsters, thieves in high places is now and the man fit to do the job is the Rev. Chris Okotie, although like someone said, the people of his cabinet would be thieves and dirty too, never the less, I believe the best of men are made by the grace of God, so its not about the Rev. Chris Okotie, its about God leading and salvaging Nigeria using the rev. Chris, So, I'd like all Nigerians to come out enmass to vote this moses of our time and come 2007, Nigeria shall take on a new look and not only that, our schools shall come alive and there would be peace. God Bless Chris Okotie, Amen.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dezzy: 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2006
Stevolala i agree with everything you said about Rev. Okotie. Nigeria will not know how good a president he can be, unless given the chance to prove himself.
It is very unfortunate that our country is a place where a future president/Governor is decided before the election day. Politics in Nigeria is a very dirty game. Votes don't count.
Personally, i believe Rev. Okotie can make a huge difference in Nigeria if given the chance. I also believe that every Nigerian has the responsibility to contribute possitively for Nigeria to move forward as a nation.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by feelgood(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2006
When you folks discuss politics, don't bring in Religion - especially to justify the wealth of a supposedly
'man of God'. By the way, rhamz, an ass was not the best form of transportation in Jesus' time. Horses were
available as were Camels (also called dromedaries). Asses at that time were (and today still are) regarded
as beasts of burden and used for transportation by the very poor. The rich then and now NEVER used asses
for transportation.

Now to the issue: Chris Okotie for President? Just a laugh - yes, my opinion. But he is very popular. Says who?
Ordinary crusade, he cannot hold. Which crowd can he muster to vote for him? Please the
Presidency is a serious institution and not mean't for razzle dazzle folks.

Be cool
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2006
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2006
@feelgood!
TayoD:

IBB, though an evil genius, acknowledges that Okotie is the best amongst the new breed of politicians he sees around. He acknowledges the guy's astute knowledge and leadership skills, and he believes people like Okotie are necessary to move Nigeira forward, without neglecting the experiences of the old guards like himself.

Clergy or not, Okotie has proved his worth,

why cant you be +ve for once? - can you just imagine Buhari or IBB in office again?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2006
@otolorin,

Did I say anything about IBBor Buhari in office? or perhaps you want to explain what you mean by your question.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2006
@TayoD

i will.
i quoted you so as to drive home a point to feelgood as regards why he shouldn't think religion + politics do not go 2geda.

and the buhari + ibb statement was supposed to make him re-think the option of having these 'callous' men on seat once again.

are you okay now?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2006
@otolorin,

I'm coooooooool cool
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2006
i wonder what is happeing to his campaing now. vent heard anything yet
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2006
I just hope He has not given up.Because it will be bad.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 1:58am On Oct 29, 2006
its better he gives up than waste his time and money again
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 29, 2006
@Tayo D

IBB, though an evil genius, acknowledges that Okotie is the best amongst the new breed of politicians he sees around. He acknowledges the guy's astute knowledge and leadership skills, and he believes people like Okotie are necessary to move Nigeira forward, without neglecting the experiences of the old guards like himself.

IBB an old guard?, You do know what a guard does right? I don't believe IBB has done any guarding for Nigeria. In my honest opinion, he has done a lot more stealing and killing than guarding.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2006
why do people keep saying that mans name. IBB he is EVIL
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Lookinglov: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2006
Chris can be President of Nigeria,Go mark My word,Do you want the evil people to be In Power? when we have the Good and God fearing Men around? If the Christian refuse to take power from the satanic people,then Nigerian will never Go forward.

The Bible says That the Violent take It By False,Is time we poses this Nation By false,which Chris is doing Now,No Power pass God,.you and I should work for the betterment of Nigerian,They say we are the leader of tomorrow,and still they never leave power,and they don't us to be leader,so I support what Chris is doing,If you dint support Then Your dream for a better Nigerian will never come through.

The bible says we should test all spirit weather they are of GOD,I Have prayed and see Chris as the Man,watch Out and see,Nigeria is Going to be Great Like UK,Is Not your Vote that will Put Chris there BUT the power of God,all these people calling themselves president,Gov,senator,will all die and many will go to jail,problem will arise In the country,Nobody will want to take Power,there That way,God is Going to bring In the right person to rule Nigerian, and Nigerian themselves Need HOT hand,so the person comming will Not be easy at all,is going to be the time of IDIABGON.

Chris have all it takes to be a president,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2006
It's very refreshing to read people desiring honourable men for the Nigerian political scene. I have the utmost respect for the person and office of Pastor Okotie and I have no doubt that, under normal circumstances, he would be a great leader. However, I have my doubts because we are talking about Nigeria. The main problem with Nigeria is corruption and unncessary waste of resources. I see Pastor Okotie as a man who will spend and try to govern Nigeria as if Nigeria is already a Western Nation, this will lead to a waste of resources. The reason I hold this belief is the elaborate flamboyance of his lifestyle. Such flamboyance, in my opinion, is not what Nigeria needs at the present time. Nigeria needs leaders who will not spend excessive; we need prudence in public life (very few Nigerians have that kind of mental orientation).

Okotie, to me is the best of all the known candidates so far but we need to make him understand that Nigeria can ill afford flamboyance and excessive spending. We need a government which will not throw money away needlessly, a President which will not feel the need to bribe senators in order to stave off impeachment, we need senators who will see their position as one of service and not their 'opportunity' to get rich and save their friends and relative from poverty.

If I could vote, I'd have no choice but to vote for Pastor Chris but I'd do so with reservations.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 2:38am On Oct 31, 2006
I will vote for Buhari before I vote for Okotie, he can use his past experience to help the nation move forward
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2006
I'm not sure if his experience will count positively in his favour.

I dont really know much of his achievements as head of PTF, which seemed to have more money than management sense at the time
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2006
Okotie can't lead us as a nation, this is not a sunday mass congregation looking for faith
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2006
Odeku:

Okotie can't lead us as a nation, this is not a sunday mass congregation looking for faith

Haha, Nice one!, I'll also like to say that we don't need uneducated people as leaders in this day and age. Education is key!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2006
"Okotie can't lead us as a nation, this is not a sunday mass congregation looking for faith"

Is that the only reason he cant lead Nigeria as a Nation?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dezzy: 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2006
Easyy i disagree with you. A leader is a leader. It doesn't matter how many people you are leading. After all, most past presidents we had didn't have any leadership skills before they got into power, especially the military rulers.
Education is key. It is a shame that Nigeria "the giant of Africa" has never had a degree holder as president. Yet, this is a country that holds education in high regard.
Again i maintain that no one will know how good or bad a president Rev. Okotie will be, unless given the chance to prove himeself. Rev. Okotie is as qualified, if not more qualified to run for president as his counterparts.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2006
Dezzy, I think you misunderstood me.

I wasquoting someone else. I did not say Pastor Okotie is not qualified to be president of Nigeria. I just did not know how to use the quote function here.

he he he
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 9:01am On Nov 02, 2006
i dont undertsand the part that God said he would be president. All these Pastors think they can take us all for a fool right
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2006
some "prosperity-gospel" apologists tell us tales of Christ riding on asses, etc, as an excuse for amassing wealth for themselves. but these greedy lots fail to prove to us that Christ ever owned any of the flamboyant or ostentacious property they boast about, while he was on earth. they strive to acquire these material things at the expense of the teeming poor protelitarians who make up the buck of the sunday-sunday congregations. the same set of nigerians want to acquire the power block, come 2007! God save the masses from the Bourgeiosie!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jaybaba(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2006
I listened to all the presidential contestants or candidates at the last presidential debate and really only three (3) people stood out.
Gani Fawehimi, One Lady (can't remeber her name now) and Chris Okotie.
This thread is on Okotie and a question was thrown at him concerning state religion to which he insisted Nigeria must remain a circular state. That is a man who understands and respects the diversity of the Nigerian people. He went further ahead to say the N. Assy and his govt if elected must protect individual's rights to freedom of thought, association and religion.
What struck me most about his debate was his question "the problem of Nigeria is not how but when. When will wee do the right thing in Nigeria? When will we decide to get the right things done?"
This is proper politicking. Respect of the people and acknowledgement of problems whilst providing answers or solutions to problems by articulate policies.
Clamour for a better Nigeria folks, clamour for the younger and better educated contestants rather than old godforsaken wicked politicians.
May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2006
Jaybaba:

I listened to all the presidential contestants or candidates at the last presidential debate and really only three (3) people stood out.
Gani Fawehimi, One Lady (can't remeber her name now) and Chris Okotie.
This thread is on Okotie and a question was thrown at him concerning state religion to which he insisted Nigeria must remain a circular state. That is a man who understands and respects the diversity of the Nigerian people. He went further ahead to say the N. Assy and his govt if elected must protect individual's rights to freedom of thought, association and religion.
What struck me most about his debate was his question "the problem of Nigeria is not how but when. When will wee do the right thing in Nigeria? When will we decide to get the right things done?"
This is proper politicking. Respect of the people and acknowledgement of problems whilst providing answers or solutions to problems by articulate policies.
Clamour for a better Nigeria folks, clamour for the younger and better educated contestants rather than old godforsaken wicked politicians.
May God bless Nigeria.

i want to agree with u!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe / Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade / ANAMBARIANS (not all though), Pls Stop Disgracing Ndigbo!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.