Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones (25285 Views)

Refurbished Vs Used Phones / Uk-used Phones Can Land You In Jail Outside Nigeria – Tunji Disu / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by eagleonearth(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
SUPOL:
thanks I prefer 6
how much you've got for the 6?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by biztip: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
buy direct foreign used phones. that way u re safer. even if it happen to be stolen they won't track u over d continent.

u can buy sure affordable used fones directly from Asia from us. visit :
www.nairaland.com/3930713/hongkong-used-android-smartphones-4k
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Mrluv(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
WrathOfHadez:

Phone tracking comes into two types. Third party apps downloaded by users themselves and the other one is inbuilt by the phone manufacturers.

I won't go into details but if you see a sweet phone and bought it 2nd hand genuinely , it's not a crime, it's done all over the world by even rich people. The fact is Nigeria police are lazy, opportunistic dirty skanks who are too lazy to do investigation but will always choose to look for the easiest way out.

*3rd party apps can be gotten rid off my formatting or rooting using custom ROM.

But if you cannot do this, always check your credit, any unexplained SMS reduction or shortages in your credit should ring the alarm bells as your phone could be sending coded SMS containing your number to a pre-programmed phone.

* If your GPS location settings comes up when you didn't prompt it directly or use an app to activate it, then be weary as some phones inbuilt security uses the GPS to track a missing phone.

* Go to your internet data usage and see which apss are taking up your data. You may be surprised to see unknown / hidden apps making use of your data too.

These are some signs your phone is being tracked.
bro can you help me with the detail on my email kojaja4@gmail.com
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Mrluv(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abagworo:

IMEI can be changed and remote blocked if you know what's up. I don't support crime so I cannot teach openly how to completely change identity of any phone.
bro i can i completely change the identity of a phone
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by mine85(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
So I should not buy London used phones again in shops?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by toprealman: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
vpaymoney:
NAwa o. Without using the same sim card how can that tracking be possible when the sim has been removed and phone formatted?
Welcome 2017 bruh....soon, I will unveil your face. Ask me how.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by obyikye(f): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
please how can I track mine, it was stolen and the IMEI is intact, please help or reply a sister.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by obyikye(f): 10:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Kashbwoyjnr:
Please how can I track my phone with imei, I just lost one recently
Same here, please answer us
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by obyikye(f): 10:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
toprealman:
Welcome 2017 bruh....soon, I will unveil your face. Ask me how.
please how can I track mine, I lost the phone recently. please help out. thanks
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Coolgent(m): 12:58am On Oct 03, 2017
vpaymoney:
NAwa o. Without using the same sim card how can that tracking be possible when the sim has been removed and phone formatted?
U xan be track theough IMEI or through the network providers..
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by junnyjake(m): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2017
SUPOL:
Abeg who get used iPhone 6. Awan buy
Where do you stay?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by junnyjake(m): 1:40am On Oct 03, 2017
austinereds:

its very simple nah.
Teach me abeg.
My phone was stolen.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Abbotp: 5:13am On Oct 03, 2017
Personally, if it is not new, count me out......Not just for the police reasons

THE BEST FACE REPAIR SERUM WITH FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE PROVIDED BY PAYPORTE....CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by mindtricks: 5:40am On Oct 03, 2017
udemzyudex:
The only way to aviod the matter from being complicated is asking for receipt when you buy a phone..

the receipt shows evidence of payment and ownership.
if at all the person is arrested,then the best thing to do is go to court ,since u have the receipt nothing will happen.

if you buy a stolen goods,ur case will be worse than the person that stole it cos the police believe you're the one encouraging them to do so..

But going your expanation, if you buy stolen goods and were issue receipt, nothing will happen to you. Isnt it?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by mindtricks: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2017
Coolgent:

U xan be track theough IMEI or through the network providers..

Can you please explain how?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by mindtricks: 5:54am On Oct 03, 2017
Greatmind23:
I once bought one broke boy phone I slept with six of his girl friends in one month

I am well convinced you really have a great mind!
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Mrfixitxtech: 6:07am On Oct 03, 2017
paradise88:
anythm u want to buy used phone,ask for receipt from d seller but if he doesnt has, tell him to do ds 4 . it goes lyk ds ;ask for his national identity card e.g national id car,inec card e.t.c then staple it nd urz to sheet of paper. d seller one will b @ top of dt paper while d buyer one will b very close to down. then, d seller will write this beneath his identity card ; I, "NAME OF THE SELLER" d owner of d above identity sold "NAME OF THE PHONE" with imei "IMEI OF THE PHONE" to "NAME OF THE BUYER" on "DATE" at "LOCATION" at the rate of "PRICE" nd d buyer too will write d same thg as above but changing d following "sold" to "bought" , "to" to "from","name of the buyer" to "name of d seller". then both party will sign nd put their numb beneath their signature.....then made d photocopy,d buyer will keep original while d seller will go with photocopied

They Can't use IMEI to track a phone. He was setup. The guy go pay like ATM.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by benzion72(m): 7:35am On Oct 03, 2017
vpaymoney:

All phones carry identification number that is trackable infact the GSM company can locate you with your phone
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by austinereds(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2017
junnyjake:

Teach me abeg.

My phone was stolen.

there are many security apps you can download activate,lock,mobile track and locate your phone. its very easy.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by engrobidigbo: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2017
austinereds:

its very simple nah.

I need to track my stolen phone but don't know how to go about it. How can i use my imei number to do that?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by austinereds(m): 8:25am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=engrobidigbo post=61057548]

I need to track my stolen phone but don't know how to go about it. How can i use my imei number to do that?[/quoi

if you activated your mobile tracker or security linked to your mail its possible. if not I doubt its possible. I don't knw how to use imei number to track phone except it is activated
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Uchenna4322(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2017
Used neat infinix hot 4 pro for sale
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by wwee: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2017
U guys didn't talk about the cost and stress of going to track ur phone,
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Coolgent(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2017
mindtricks:

Can you please explain how?
Go to Police headquarters of your state (CID Dept) they will track your phone using IMEI number of the stolen phone. To get the IMEI number type *#06#

2 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by YungRichG1: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2017
What are you people saying it's purely impossible to track a phone with imei you would only be lucky if you use an iPhone then you can lock up the stolen iPhone and probably track for the situation at hand here the guy was clearly setup no long talk.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by SUPOL(m): 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
junnyjake:

Where do you stay?
abuja
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by SUPOL(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
eagleonearth:
how much you've got for the 6?
Do u have it?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by SUPOL(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tony90:
new one dey...150k
where are u?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by jmike69(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
I lost mine this weekend, I went to SARS,in area 1, but they demanded 20k to track it, I pleaded with them to collect 10k they refused ,does any one know a cheaper way I can track it in Abj ?
Can it be done at banex ?
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by vpaymoney(m): 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
Solmax:

It's the phone factory set IMEI number that is used for tracking across any network not SIM card or phone number.
God bless you Mr. Thanks a lot.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by junnyjake(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
SUPOL:
abuja

One of my friends in Jos wants to sell his.
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by junnyjake(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
austinereds:

there are many security apps you can download activate,lock,mobile track and locate your phone. its very easy.

Thanks man. I now understand better.

Can you recommend a few good ones? I would appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / Wiko Slide 2 Review and Thoughts / Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.