Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) (37267 Views)

TSTV CEO Responds To Protests Against Company Failure To Launch Successfully / BBNaija: Nina Demands Sex From Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe / Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Inception(m): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

He said his company provide 4G internet on their platform. This is ridiculous beyond explanation. You can only have 4G/LTE internet services from wireless broadbands and not from satellites. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives). I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices. This is exactly what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

1. That their decoder is Android.
2. That the device doubles as a router.

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by musicwriter(m): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
So far, everything sounds very laudable on mouth. If everything they're saying comes true, they'll essentially shut down any other satellite TV service in Nigeria. Mutichoice and others could become history.

Fingers crossed..........

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Goke7: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
is it true that the pay per view thing is just 7 days extra added to the 30 days?
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Afobear: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
hakimi1974:
wetin dey work you self? why fine yanrinya like you come dey reason like tout? as per this new NIGERIAN entrant into the satelite t.v market let me join in the chorus of singing "they must succeed by fire by force".
MR hakimi,please pay me attention let me tutor you abit before you wallow in ignorance agogo....the word tout is actually for ennobling an individual while the message you are trying tobpass across should be with the use of the word ‘LOUT'
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Alphageometrix: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
ucsparks:

Igbos developing Nigeria since the white men left us. I know that's why they don't want us to go... If we get Biafra and after 10years, zoogerians will flood our country looking for jobs like gateman and shoe makers cheesy
"Zoogerians" Abeg I no wan laugh... grin grin
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Airtimex(m): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

He said his company provide 4G internet on their platform. This is ridiculous beyond explanation. You can only have 4G/LTE internet services from wireless broadbands and not from satellites. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives). I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices. This is exactly what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

Another engineer grin, I don't know why you people have not used your knowledge to save Nigerians from Dstv...

You are all coming out to claim I too know on something you have not even seen the decoder...all these negative comments am seeing about tstv means there is danger for oga Dstv...fear everywhere...

11 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by deolu2000(m): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dmeji4444:

Glo liberated us from MTN with a per seconds charges and Yoruba people didn't make it a big deal.

I smell an inferiority complex here.

You nailed it. bragging about any achievement is a sign of self insecurity and that is what the igbos are exhibiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by zoedew: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
jacyhelen:
No wonder they never wanted Igbos to go!!!!

We don’t think like that here friend! He is a Nigerian of whom we are proud!!#thinkouttatheboxofracesuperiority
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Alal(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
I wonder if this thing will last cos of the ethnicity you guys are preaching, we need to come together and cut The SA from us,they are ruling us with their advancement. Was it not Glo the save us from Mtn? ?.why are you making noise over this now cos an igbo is involved here.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ngene44: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dmeji4444:

Glo liberated us from MTN with a per seconds charges and Yoruba people didn't make it a big deal.

I smell an inferiority complex here.

tribalism have really taken root in Nigeria. The government must address this phenomenon. the youths of Nigeria are on a wrong track as regards to tribal sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by romeorailss: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Chibabe1:
Dear TSTV, welcome to Nigeria! Can't wait for you to commence sale of your decoders. smiley

They have

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Alal(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Am disappointed in the youths of these days,you are being used against your future.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by MikeBetty(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
ucsparks:

Igbos developing Nigeria since the white men left us. I know that's why they don't want us to go... If we get Biafra and after 10years, zoogerians will flood our country looking for jobs like gateman and shoe makers cheesy
Nwanne, What Stops Us From Developing Our Place Now? What Stops Us From Using The Same Magic Wande Now So That Our E-warriors Will Be Properly Employed? What Efforts Have Ohaneze And Governors Of South East Made To Attract Foreign Direct Investments?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ezigbonmadu: 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Airtimex:

Another engineer grin, I don't know why you people have not used your knowledge to save Nigerians from Dstv...

You are all coming out to claim I too know on something you have not even seen the decoder...all these negative comments am seeing about tstv means their is danger for oga Dstv...fear everywhere...

When you're sick you listen to a doctor. When you have technical issues listen to engineers. My advise to you is to hold on for just 2 months before putting your money on TSTv. You will thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by zoedew: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
deolu2000:

You nailed it. bragging about any achievement is a sign of self insecurity and that is what the igbos are exhibiting.

Most Igbos don’t think that way except for the minority who happen to be the more vocal of the lot.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Greenthumb(m): 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
jacyhelen:
No wonder they never wanted Igbos to go!!!!

LMAO! Did this post actually go through a thought process before posting??

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Myde4naija(m): 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
ucsparks:

yeye, go back to 70s and see how the west developed their region, where are the Igbos then?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by TTdouble(m): 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My friend, you are wrong, I'm also a Telecom engineer, In USA, we have Comcast and Charter cables, they use cable modem attached with T-splitter to deliver both satellite TV and fast internet. please google Motorola Surfboards and you will discover that the unit handles uplink and downlink via Satellite. what TStv is giving out is a combination of 3 units combined into one; the satellite decoder unit, the cable modem and the IPTV unit. with these 3 units combined into one, all the features TStv promised is guaranteed.

Now this is how TStv beat DStv to it. some of the TStv channels like the sports channels eg; Bein sports and co which are broadcasting English Premier league are IPTV based and so DStv cannot sue them as they only have broadcasting right via satellite.
i hope you understand it now

23 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Greenthumb(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ngene44:
tribalism have really taken root in Nigeria. The government must address this phenomenon. the youths of Nigeria are on a wrong track as regards to tribal sentiments.

Even more worrisome is the fact that the youths who're supposed to know better and be more open-minded have allowed themselves to be caught up with the same ethnic bigotry from the older generation.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Wallace2107: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dear ipobians,this is a wise Nigerian from the east doing Nigerians proud and not wasting is time fighting for ipob like those nitwits.the true ibo man has no time miscreants and their activities.proudly Nigerian.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by ethicalUser(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
hakimi1974:
and every time you wake up, you say good morning to dangote. and every time, you go to bed you also say good night dangote. and, if your infantile grey matter can't decode this simple riddle, then i leave you in your missery.
Oga you shud know that all Dangote consumer items have better alternatives. From its noodles to pasta,salt and sugar all have better alternative.
As for cement the majority of SE/SS make use of UNICEM. I dont know about SW. Dangote is yet to break into the cement market here.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by midastouch: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

Oga, you are wrong with some of your assumptions.

1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated. - It might be terrible OR TERRIFIC depending on so many factors. You do not have enough data to make this conclusion.

2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as re-sellers, they can't control or guarantee quality. - They might be a third-party service provider BUT they own their own satellite feed. The Data will be on transponder's and nobody will give you a transponder if you have not paid for it. A lot of Big Service Providers of internet service via satellite rent transponders. They DO CONTROL THEIR QUALITY.

By-the-way, MainOne's internet service is reputed to be world class. TSTV could not have chosen a better provider, save for Vodacom.

Please do not pontificate when you do not have all the data. I have been in satellite communications (voice, video and data) for over 17 years - professionally with Blue Chip organisations - and still do not have all the knowledge.

8 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
ucsparks:

Old boy no be only u be Igbo o. U never tire for this kyn talk? I don dey shame for u here o. U can talk about Biafra without talking condescendingly about other Nigerians and without talking with so much air about Ndi Igbo's. U people are creating the impression that all of us are proud people. Some of the richest and most educated and accomplished Igbo's don't make any notice. U don't even know they exist. U boys should stop these youthful nonsense. Every tribe in Nigeria is doing their best to contribute to the development of Nigeria.

We need to change our narrative about Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by FILEBE(m): 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
hakimi1974:
wetin dey work you self? why fine yanrinya like you come dey reason like tout? as per this new NIGERIAN entrant into the satelite t.v market let me join in the chorus of singing "they must succeed by fire by force".

The girl matter just tire me.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by franudi: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
TeamSimple:
Thank God say Dangote no be Igbo man
Ibeto is. more than Dangote. The northerners are using nepotism against Igbos.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ngene44: 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
Greenthumb:

Even more worrisome is the fact that the youths who're supposed to know better and be more open-minded have allowed themselves to be caught up with the same ethnic bigotry from the older generation.
All this hate is what led to the civil war. The elites and the ruling class are not involved in this hate game. the jobless youths are the ones occupying the space. I will attribute it to joblessness

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by miketayo(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully all questions will be answered by then.

dude where are u getting ur info from? satellite band download speed(not network speed)gets up to 50Mb/s which is the same as a good 4G network speed

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by miketayo(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
TTdouble:

My friend, you are wrong, I'm also a Telecom engineer, In USA, we have Comcast and Charter cables, they use cable modem attached with T-splitter to deliver both satellite TV and fast internet. please google Motorola Surfboards and you will discover that the unit handles uplink and downlink via Satellite. what TStv is giving out is a combination of 3 units combined into one; the satellite decoder unit, the cable modem and the IPTV unit. with these 3 units combined into one, all the features TStv promised is guaranteed.

Now this is how TStv beat DStv to it. some of the TStv channels like the sports channels eg; Bein sports and co which are broadcasting English Premier league are IPTV based and so DStv cannot sue them as they only have broadcasting right via satellite.

dont mind d guy..he just wants to talk

2 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by ruffDiamond: 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully all questions will be answered by then.
u see am sad I don' talk am say the who thing na gbajue Na their ways they love cheating terribly ..call am business

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Airtimex(m): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

When you're sick you listen to a doctor. When you have technical issues listen to engineers. My advise to you is to hold on for just 2 months before putting your money on TSTv. You will thank me later.

Haba! I should be the one telling you to hold on for two months before condemning them.

if everyone decides to hold on for two months before buying, how are we supposed to know its authenticity...

My bro. 5k is not too much for people to start giving long sermon...

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ezigbonmadu: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
TTdouble:

Well, I'm in Nigeria. Don't know how comcast operate. However, are you saying their outdoor unit include an LNB with a BUC? That is the only possibility I'm seeing here. And that is not going to come cheap. Not for 5,000 Naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#BBNaija: I Am A Virgin But I Always Have Pregnancy Scare – Nini / Skit Makers Jump On Falz 'Mr. Yakubu' Challenge / BBNaija: Cute Photos Of Mike Edward Before Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.