Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) (37268 Views)

TSTV CEO Responds To Protests Against Company Failure To Launch Successfully / BBNaija: Nina Demands Sex From Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe / Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by onyengbu: 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

He said his company provide 4G internet on their platform. This is ridiculous beyond explanation. You can only have 4G/LTE internet services from wireless broadbands and not from satellites. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives). I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices. This is exactly what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

1. That their decoder is Android.
2. That the device doubles as a router.

[b]Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

[/b]My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully all questions will be answered by then.

(Okay. They say it's just 5k and It's not worth this technical advise)
Mr. Communications engineer are you aware that 4G and 3G can be backhauled via satellite?
Again,
As a mobile GSM opearator why would I offer a third party my infrastructure to use my platform to resell my data as cheap or even cheaper than what I sell to my customers.
Finally, if I am stupid enough to do that, why will Tstv be so foolish not to use it for both uplink and downlink but use it for uplink alone and then downlink separately on another infrastructure.

If you have doubts its normal. I do have some questions myself but trying to show yourself unnecessarily on nairaland is always a stupid thing to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by caesaraba(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
this is one of the reasons why nobody likes Igbos.

Dangote has been at the fore front of investment in the country. Heck he is about to save us from annual fuel scarcity with his refinery, you don't see hausa acting like they are the next best thing after pepper soup.

Adenuga single handedly save nigerians from the hand of mtn that told us per second billing is impossible and also selling sim card at the rate of 30k
you don't see yoruba crying that they own nigeria.

Now someone just established that we don't know if it will succeed or not yet, but you people just won't allow us rest on the internet.

Nawa for una o.
Correct guy.

I keep saying, a lot of these guys on Nairaland are real-life losers offline. That is why there's an uncontrollable urge to trivialize any topic raised.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by goodvision12(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
I hate this forum because it has tribalistic tendencies capable of destroying good developments from hardworking people.How can some idiotic foools come here to wage tribal war instead supporting this great achievement to counter foreign exploitation like DSTV.The owner of this forum should pls ban anybody who possess tribal sentiments.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ezigbonmadu: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
djl:

Tstv may not necessarily use a decoder but a device called TVbox. TVboxes work on android OS and Tstv “may” of course depends on other broadband providers like Main one.

Tvboxes are most times not as efficient as decoders.

My prayer is that Tstv boxes or if its decoders will be a badass
and give a better service, so that d monopoly that DSTV enjoys can finally be broken.

I can't really wait to buy my one Tstv. The few accredited seller that I have called claimed not having it in stoke.

Yes their indoor hardware is an android smartphone in a much larger box as I earlier said, better known as Android TV box. Then they will be providing IPTV. This is nothing new in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/3653419/which-android-tv-box-best

What is new however is the fact that rather than subscribers connecting with own internet using GSM wireless protocols, TSTv will provide internet to watch their IPTV and also allow you to browse.

There are two ways they can do this.
1. Is to use an android TV box with a SIM card inside and active subscription to handle uplinks. Cheap, but devise will overheat, reboot too frequently and damage too often. So be ready to pay for new indoor unit once every 4 months.
2. Is to have an LNB/BUC outdoor unit to handle both uplink and downlink while indoor unit serve primary function of a modem/router and a TV box. This option is expensive and will definitely cost more than 5k.

We all want them to succeed. But Nigerians shouldn't see them as a replacement for DSTv yet. Nigerians can't deal with extremely slow shared broadband or freezing pictures or constant self reboots. I assure you that complaints about their services will be astronomical and will most likely force them out market.

2 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by anjowaka510(m): 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
tartar9:

They've started their chestbeating already
Majority of our major corporations are still owned by Yorubas and Northerners
U dey mind them ?they are known for that,infact na their hobby. tongue
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ezigbonmadu: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
onyengbu:

Mr. Communications engineer are you aware that 4G and 3G can be backhauled via satellite?
Again,
As a mobile GSM opearator why would I offer a third party my infrastructure to use my platform to resell my data as cheap or even cheaper than what I sell to my customers.
Finally, if I am stupid enough to do that, why will Tstv be so foolish not to use it for both uplink and downlink but use it for uplink alone and then downlink separately on another infrastructure.

If you have doubts its normal. I do have some questions myself but trying to show yourself unnecessarily on nairaland is always a stupid thing to do.
You backhaul 4G/3G when you carry their packets on your own subsisting gateway, a ku broadband in this instance. In that case, what the consumer gets is no longer a "4G/3G data". It is your ku. As simply explained as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by spartoki: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
please when is TSTV coming into Rivers State I am applying to be one of its agent and distributor
any info please contact me on (ibibalaw@gmail.com)[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Tedassie(m): 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lets just hope he did his homework well.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Rexnegro(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dmeji4444:

Glo liberated us from MTN with a per seconds charges and Yoruba people didn't make it a big deal.

I smell an inferiority complex here.

perhaps yorubas Are too educated to brag About such Things owned by one of his own..unlike The Igbos who's bragging now on Another Igbo business like say they will pay him for The bragging

2 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by life707: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

He said his company provide 4G internet on their platform. This is ridiculous beyond explanation. You can only have 4G/LTE internet services from wireless broadbands and not from satellites. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives). I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices. This is exactly what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully all questions will be answered by then.

Communication engineer on paper abi!!!
Have you heard of Hybrid broadband broadcast (HBB).
Google is your friend....educate yourself.
It's available in Senegal, Namibia, South Africa and in Europe.

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by lyricalz: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:

My verdict:

5k is nothing, you've not used it so stop spoiling other peoples business
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by cstr1000: 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dmeji4444:

Glo liberated us from MTN with a per seconds charges and Yoruba people didn't make it a big deal.

Then you must be new on nairaland.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by basmur(m): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
ivolt:

What kind of people do we have in Nigeria ?
A young man is trying to float his fledgeling business in a highly
competitive market and all you guys can think of is stir up
hatred in the minds of potential consumers.

[img]https://media./images/b79ed09bcac0d4a3e7fe60d5fca3f989/tenor.gif[/img]

Dont mind them! they want to use their dirty perceptions hinder the man business.

they dont seem to know its implication!!

should we start praying for another foreign investors for it if we are intimidating ourselves with tribes
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ngene44: 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
Greenthumb:

It's so appalling. Funny enough, some of them aren't jobless, they've just been fed with as much garbage from Kanu and his ilks
Even Buhari is a carrier of hate speech. The hatred among Nigerians is there b4 independence
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by oloolo: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
As nobody tried this thing....it's 3 days since they launched now......abeg we need feedback.... ....so the speculation can stop
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by DrHighchief(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
What has tribe gone to do with the topic? Dats how most of you failed exams...writing OP...
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ejanla07: 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Donphilly:
What is up with us? Am an Igbo man but the Yoruba tribe had accommodated the Igbo man and had provided him with security to carry his business out in peace in Lagos and in other western states. The Igbo people in Lagos still remains greatful to these wonderful people.

We should encourage ourselves and not spew hate because a people divided amongst itself would never thrive.

Imagine how developed we will be, if the Igbo's and Yorubas should bury their hatred for each (forgive each other for any seeming offence), and work together?

Lets not forget that it was Afenifere that spoke out first against Python Dance unleashed on our people.
In the Word of Scoan; LET LOVE LEAD

.pls shut ur dirty mouth. wonderful people ko
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Okpueze1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

Who told you to do all these nonsense review? If you don't want to buy TSTV, keep your money. No one is forcing you to buy.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by BENARI: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ndi Igbo!!!!!!

Enough of this foolishness you guys display online. If the innovation is Igbo, problem; if it's from others, problem.

Why all this? Where is all this tendencies coming from?

You guys are basically isolating yourselves.

Stop this inferiority complex and whining about everything.
You're making yourselves a laughing stock.

I am Igbo, and I tell you, we are no where as wise as we think; in fact we are the most foolish of all the tribes I've seen in Nigeria.

Those of you foolish enough can rain your insults. It only confirm the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by fibonacci2526: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
I shudder at so many tribalistic posts on here. It is literally worse than the white versus blacks racial discrimination happening all over the world. To think so many young people reason this way is mind boggling. By what teachings would you raise your children? To hate another man/woman who has the same skin color as theirs?
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nickizoe(f): 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
TTdouble:

My friend, you are wrong, I'm also a Telecom engineer, In USA, we have Comcast and Charter cables, they use cable modem attached with T-splitter to deliver both satellite TV and fast internet. please google Motorola Surfboards and you will discover that the unit handles uplink and downlink via Satellite. what TStv is giving out is a combination of 3 units combined into one; the satellite decoder unit, the cable modem and the IPTV unit. with these 3 units combined into one, all the features TStv promised is guaranteed.

Now this is how TStv beat DStv to it. some of the TStv channels like the sports channels eg; Bein sports and co which are broadcasting English Premier league are IPTV based and so DStv cannot sue them as they only have broadcasting right via satellite.
i hope you understand it now
who ever you are, Thank you for making me understand more and also making that over sabi boy understand too.. He is an anti TsTv grin
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dmeji4444:

Glo is a failed Telecom company.
Can't even provide good data services.
Shit is still standing cos of political godfathers

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by daveemuobo(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

he is definitely talking about 4g via backhaul which is not as bad as you made it sound.I swaer to God , i used this in 2007 and it was fantastic even with the 2g used as the upload link.

only the bolded part is correct,lets bet. grin

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by solepager(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully, all questions will be answered by then.

(Okay. They say it's just 5k and It's not worth this technical advice)

My own question is.....Assuming I have 24 hours power supply for 30 days. I watched 20 hours of programme every day for the same period of 30 days. Would the 3000 naira subscription be enough. He kept saying as you watch your money depletes. If that is the case, how fast?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Phillfree(m): 12:17am On Oct 04, 2017
[quote author=Ezigbonmadu post=61069508]Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

My conclusion:

My verdict:

There's sense in what you said, and again a DVB-S/S2 receiver with tuner, processor, ram, power supply unit, video filters/hdmi port, Rj45 port, PVR capability, wifi hotspot etc...all for 5k This means cost of production is about 10usd. Ask any company in China, this is not possible unless its been subsidized by government or something. Channel lists... Beinsports is owned by a company in the middle list and only have the right to broadcast EPL in the middle east and north africa by satellite. If they had wanted to cover Africa, its just a transfer of funds and bam...the beam is everywhere in Africa. Tstv promising to beam beinsports MENA to Africans is either piracy or fraud. The only legal means to bring beinsports to Africa is by IP but they already denied that 20gb is just VAS...i dey watch in 3D. They might succeed in beaming the beinsports MENA to Africa but will shut it down within few months.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by owbabs: 2:19am On Oct 04, 2017
Anyone that talks about tribe here should be banned.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by knight(m): 2:56am On Oct 04, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

Engr. Ezigbonmadu

You have done well analyzing from a technical stand point,(albeit, I sense ignorance of the latest technology trend in your industry) but I have issues with how you have gone about it. You have only picked flaws and not balanced it up with the good side of the whole idea/concept.

It's like saying we should just fold our hands and watch DSTV continue to milk us.(I know you said hold on for two months, If everybody holds on for two months, then who buys?).

I mean this is a young man who has identified a problem and is tackling it. As a matter of fact I think this novel solution or something more sophisticated should have come from you, after all you are a communications engineer. Yes, he is leveraging on third party providers for now, Things don't have to be perfect before they come to the market. I wonder where some world renowned businesses would have been today if they had perfected everything (Dangote sugar started selling sugar before it had a sugar refinery). That is why there is version 1 and if they do not improve, let some other company come into the game and capitalize on that! For now, this works.

Cast your mind back to the days when sim card was more expensive than the phone and we had to pay for calls by the minute, it took Globacom to change all of that. For me TSTV is a statement to DSTV that: "Our mumu don do!". We want what is available across the world and not to be treated as some gullible cash cow. As for me, since last year I disconnected my DSTV and I use an Andriod tv box thanks to "seemly affordable" internet data.(because it could be cheaper)

And for your information, the Andriod Os powers a lot of devices, not just phones. You need some catching up to do on hardware and software technologies.

All am trying to say is let's support the initiative and if TSTV fails to improve, then you or someone can start something too, I will support you.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by knight(m): 3:01am On Oct 04, 2017
[quote author=Phillfree post=61085120][/quote]

I am sure they are leveraging on economy of scale. Don't be deceived, tech products can be a lot inexpensive than you are made to believe. Go and read up how much it costs apple to produce it's iphones and how much it retails for at the end of the day.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by AlanTuringAI: 5:50am On Oct 04, 2017
Ngene44:
tribalism have really taken root in Nigeria. The government must address this phenomenon. the youths of Nigeria are on a wrong track as regards to tribal sentiments.
That's the havoc people like Achebe, just before his death and more recently, Nnamdi Kanu have wreaked on the psyche of an average Igbo youth out there.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by kcy(m): 6:09am On Oct 04, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Glo is a failed Telecom company. Can't even provide good data services. Shit is still standing cos of political godfathers
mumu
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ngene44: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

That's the havoc people like Achebe, just before his death and more recently, Nnamdi Kanu have wreaked on the psyche of an average Igbo youth out there.
unfortunately if you read history especially the pre independence era, you will realize that there was never a time Nigeria was United or love each other. It is usually tribal domination. When ironsi became the head of state, igbos were the majority in his cabinet same with Gowon. Goodluck flooded igbos in his cabinet same with buhar nw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Skit Makers Jump On Falz 'Mr. Yakubu' Challenge / BBNaija: Cute Photos Of Mike Edward Before Big Brother Naija / Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.