Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) (37266 Views)

TSTV CEO Responds To Protests Against Company Failure To Launch Successfully / BBNaija: Nina Demands Sex From Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe / Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Kingspin(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
Some people bringing back tribalism into our minds at evey point.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Greenthumb(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ngene44:
All this hate is what led to the civil war. The elites and the ruling class are not involved in this hate game. the jobless youths are the ones occupying the space. I will attribute it to joblessness

It's so appalling. Funny enough, some of them aren't jobless, they've just been fed with as much garbage from Kanu and his ilks

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by georgecso(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
This is the only thing that has ever come from the "Jewish Land" since 1960... We ll stay together in good and in hard times... When crude oil was $160/barrel our relationship was cozy and sweet... Even if it dried up we go stay together...
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ezigbonmadu: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
Airtimex:

Haba! I should be the one telling you to hold on for two months before condemning them.

if everyone decides to hold on for two months before buying, how are we supposed to know its authenticity...

My bro. 5k is not too much for people to start giving long sermon...

LOL. Okay.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Donphilly:
What is up with us? Am an Igbo man but the Yoruba tribe had accommodated the Igbo man and had provided him with security to carry his business out in peace in Lagos and in other western states. The Igbo people in Lagos still remains greatful to these wonderful people.

We should encourage ourselves and not spew hate because a people divided amongst itself would never thrive.

Imagine how developed we will be, if the Igbo's and Yorubas should bury their hatred for each (forgive each other for any seeming offence), and work together?

Lets not forget that it was Afenifere that spoke out first against Python Dance unleashed on our people.
In the Word of Scoan; LET LOVE LEAD

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by TTdouble(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Well, I'm in Nigeria. Don't know how comcast operate. However, are you saying their outdoor unit include an LNB with a BUC? That is the only possibility I'm seeing here. And that is not going to come cheap. Not for 5,000 Naira

cable modems needs LNB that operates with certain frequency, Technology is improving everyday, just chill, you will soon see TStv LNB

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

He said his company provide 4G internet on their platform. This is ridiculous beyond explanation. You can only have 4G/LTE internet services from wireless broadbands and not from satellites. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives). I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices. This is exactly what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

1. That their decoder is Android.
2. That the device doubles as a router.

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully all questions will be answered by then.
if all my neighbours is holding on for the other neighbours to buy then who will be the neighbours to buy

7 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Abeyjide: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
enough of talking please.action we need
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Ezigbonmadu: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
TTdouble:

cable modems needs LNB that operates with certain frequency, Technology is improving everyday, just chill, you will soon see TStv LNB

This is interesting. Can you show me a picture of this LNB used by cable modems? I'm certain it will ve bulky because it must have BUC integrated with it.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by zoedew: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
TTdouble:

My friend, you are wrong, I'm also a Telecom engineer, In USA, we have Comcast and Charter cables, they use cable modem attached with T-splitter to deliver both satellite TV and fast internet. please google Motorola Surfboards and you will discover that the unit handles uplink and downlink via Satellite. what TStv is giving out is a combination of 3 units combined into one; the satellite decoder unit, the cable modem and the IPTV unit. with these 3 units combined into one, all the features TStv promised is guaranteed.

Now this is how TStv beat DStv to it. some of the TStv channels like the sports channels eg; Bein sports and co which are broadcasting English Premier league are IPTV based and so DStv cannot sue them as they only have broadcasting right via satellite.
i hope you understand it now

In sum what TSTV is set to deliver is simply known as Internet TV or Internet Streaming of audio and video. #tstvgoodthinkinggoodproduct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
Many of the CEO's explanations don't add up. And that is shocking because he is expected to know how his company operates more than anybody else.

He said his company provide 4G internet on their platform. This is ridiculous beyond explanation. You can only have 4G/LTE internet services from wireless broadbands and not from satellites. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives). I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices. This is exactly what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it. Hopefully all questions will be answered by then.

Just because of 5k Na u don turn emergency author and expert ... Bros use your knowledge to challenge the existing order in the sector.it is just 5k ...not 50m.

Poor service bla bla ....the ones offering just data and calls give poor service and yet have millions of loyal customer...this one is combining all that with TV.

Go write term paper on internet TV and submit to Lai... U go receive award and tax break

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by itiswell1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
If everybody wait for his neighbour, who will buy the decoder?

Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Gotze1: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

They should also leave Glo, Dangote, GTBank, Oando and so many more companies' products and solutions naa.

Funny thing is, Igbos depend so much on other tribes for survival. Most of the really prosperous Igbo are living in "self exile" outside SE Nigeria.

I'm not trying to be bigoted or tribalistic. It's the plain truth.

No mind them. They want to use their own uselessness to spoil the man's business. But it won't work for the pigs.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dmeji4444:

Glo liberated us from MTN with a per seconds charges and Yoruba people didn't make it a big deal.

I smell an inferiority complex here.

Igbo has librated us already by be the highest shareiholder in MTN NIGERIA In the person of Dr. Pascal Dozie, the owner of Diamond Bank.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by bobokunlexzy: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

Quite a breakdown. I've got my reservations but I so wish it works out fine & a success story.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

The bigger the lie the more the ignorant masses believe you. I for one do not understand the excitement about this or any other digital TV service. In a country wallowing in poverty, should TV be a priority ? Will it raise incomes or is it another expense ?

2 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Well, I'm in Nigeria. Don't know how comcast operate. However, are you saying their outdoor unit include an LNB with a BUC? That is the only possibility I'm seeing here. And that is not going to come cheap. Not for 5,000 Naira

Your biggest problem is that you are not as clever qnd knowledgeable you want to portray ....from your long homily you have now landed on the cost having met a better exposed and qualified person ....

For your information,they have athree year tax break on operations and dividend ... They as not as dull as you are...mthoee years are devoted to penetration at any cost and I am sure University student will give a limb to get hold of this intheir rooms

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by djl(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

Tstv may not necessarily use a decoder but a device called TVbox. TVboxes work on android OS and Tstv “may” of course depends on other broadband providers like Main one.

Tvboxes are most times not as efficient as decoders.

My prayer is that Tstv boxes or if its decoders will be a badass
and give a better service, so that d monopoly that DSTV enjoys can finally be broken.

I can't really wait to buy my one Tstv. The few accredited seller that I have called claimed not having it in stoke.

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by melzabull(f): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Donphilly:
[s]What is up with us? Am an Igbo man but the Yoruba tribe had accommodated the Igbo man and had provided him with security to carry his business out in peace in Lagos and in other western states. The Igbo people in Lagos still remains greatful to these wonderful people[/s].

We should encourage ourselves and not spew hate because a people divided amongst itself would never thrive.

Imagine how developed we will be, if the Igbo's and Yorubas should bury their hatred for each (forgive each other for any seeming offence), and work together?

Lets not forget that it was Afenifere that spoke out first against Python Dance unleashed on our people.
In the Word of Scoan; LET LOVE LEAD
next time quit that thrash talk about accomodating.
aren't there yoruba's in igboland? are they also alongside hausas and other tribes not accomodaTed in igbo land?

Majority of igbos have been vociferously outspoken and critical of the buharis general style of governance, the same way we are critical of our leaders in the SE, so what's special about afeniferes position on so called python dance?. Mind you the same afenifere are so hated by thesame yorubas who they most times term as PDP, and you are trying to praise them on some fallacious accommodating bullshit

If this was the brain child of a yorobaman, trust me they would have invaded this thread with their usual stupidity of self praise while at the same time disparaging the Igbo's. So abeg allow whoever wants to, to revel in this achievement.

@post, nice one from the young man. Quite creative and Innovative

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Rich96: 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Rich96:

Wey rope! A mad man is on the run! You are very stupid! The Truth is that ( All if Yoruba and Igbo ) can unite! Hmmmmm Better thing go happen!
melzabull:
aren't there yoruba's in igboland? are they also alongside hausas and other tribes not accomodaTed in igbo land?

Majority of igbos have been vociferously outspoken and critical of the buharis general style of governance, so what's special about afeniferes position on so called python dance. Mind you the same afenifere are hated by thesame yorubas you are trying to praise.

If this was the brain child o a yorobaman, trust me they would have invade this thread their usual stupidity of self praise and disparaging the Igbos

Wey rope! A mad man is on the run! You are very stupid! The is Truth is that ( All if Yoruba and Igbo ) can unite! Hmmmmm Better thing go happen!

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by charlsecy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
My verdict:
Just hold on. Let your neighbours buy and use it for at least two months before you put your money on it.
In the light of bystander effect, no one would ever buy it then since everyone is waiting for their neighbour to test out the service.

Your verdict is actually vanity. Nothing.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by melzabull(f): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
Rich96:

Wey rope! A mad man is on the run! You are very stupid! The is Truth is that ( All if Yoruba and Igbo ) can unite! Hmmmmm Better thing go happen!
your father and mother are very very stupid . senseless goat

When you begin go reason like a human being, you can then come back to talk about unity. For now you remain a slowpoke
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by vaca1: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

They should also leave Glo, Dangote, GTBank, Oando and so many more companies' products and solutions naa.

Funny thing is, Igbos depend so much on other tribes for survival. Most of the really prosperous Igbo are living in "self exile" outside SE Nigeria.

I'm not trying to be bigoted or tribalistic. It's the plain truth.

They are there cos of the sea advantage aside that nothing else.besides have you been to the east. all tribes can't do without each other. we've all been helpful to eachother.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by uwajeh(m): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:

My verdict:

(Okay. They say it's just 5k and It's not worth this technical advise)
Thank you so much for your incisive comment. It's been a while I read a truly intelligent comment on Nairaland.
I sincerely think that Nairaland Forum also needs some competition so they'll sit up.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by hakimi1974(m): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
ethicalUser:

Oga you shud know that all Dangote consumer items have better alternatives. From its noodles to pasta,salt and sugar all have better alternative.
As for cement the majority of SE/SS make use of UNICEM. I dont know about SW. Dangote is yet to break into the cement market here.
and your ogi and tea, nah salt you dey use abi? or your ofe nsala, onugbu, oha egusi. nah sugar you dey use abi? mr. man leave that e don tey wey ikebe dey babk.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by vaca1: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
HonabFaj:

Here are some few fact check

1 Dangote Lagos Refinery 650, 000 barrel of oil per day largest in the world (http://allafrica.com/stories/201703170015.html ) and you know there are several other Dangote companies

2. Fola Adeola – GTBank

3. Bua Group

4. Adenuga

To mention a few
So what is your point
stop wasting your time. that guy Is not igbo.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by sholaadejumo: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
keep up the good work sir.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by deolu2000(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
zoedew:

Most Igbos don’t think that way except for the minority who happen to be the more vocal of the lot.
well, i will agree with you, those minority are the cause of the problems of the entire igbo race.
Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by hakimi1974(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Afobear:
MR hakimi,please pay me attention let me tutor you abit before you wallow in ignorance agogo....the word tout is actually for ennobling an individual while the message you are trying tobpass across should be with the use of the word ‘LOUT'
shuo, who be this one again? come, come, come, sit down. if somebody is trying to sell something to me, trying to persuade me to believe in something wetin be that?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by EvilMetahuman: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
raker300:
Watch as attitude of the Afonjas change towards this great innovation.

Watch as they spill hate and bile just after finding out it’s ran by an Igbo
this is one of the reasons why nobody likes Igbos.

Dangote has been at the fore front of investment in the country. Heck he is about to save us from annual fuel scarcity with his refinery, you don't see hausa acting like they are the next best thing after pepper soup.

Adenuga single handedly save nigerians from the hand of mtn that told us per second billing is impossible and also selling sim card at the rate of 30k
you don't see yoruba crying that they own nigeria.

Now someone just established a business that we don't know if it will succeed or not yet, but you people just won't allow us rest on the internet.

Nawa for una o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
vaca1:
They are there cos of the sea advantage aside that nothing else.besides have you been to the east. all tribes can't do without each other. we've all been helpful to eachother.

Sea dey Kano?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Bright Ikechukwu Echefu, TSTV CEO (Video) by CaptainGOOD: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
melzabull:

Majority of igbos have been vociferously outspoken and critical of the buharis general style of governance, the same way we are critical of our leaders in the SE, so what's special about afeniferes position on so called python dance?. Mind you the same afenifere are so hated by thesame yorubas who they most times term as PDP, and you are trying to praise them on some fallacious accommodating bullshit

If this was the brain child of a yorobaman, trust me they would have invaded this thread with their usual stupidity of self praise while at the same time disparaging the Igbo's. So abeg allow whoever wants to, to revel in this achievement.

Well said ! A million likes.
That guy is a fool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#BBNaija: I Am A Virgin But I Always Have Pregnancy Scare – Nini / Skit Makers Jump On Falz 'Mr. Yakubu' Challenge / BBNaija: Cute Photos Of Mike Edward Before Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.