Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn (3246 Views)

Just A Year After Marriage, I Am Now Her Houseboy / My Husband Lied He Had An Appointment, But Booked Hotel With Female Friend / Lady Catches Boyfriend With Another Girl At Dominos After He Lied About Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by seguntijan(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Margaret Agwu, on Friday, sought the dissolution of her 33-year-old marriage to her husband, Onu, at an Igando Customary Court in Lagos.
She lamented that her husband sometimes strips her naked and beats her to pulp and narrated how her husband deceived her and her parents and paid just N600 as her bride price when she was still 12 years old.
The trader told the court, “When I was 12 years old, my husband came to my village to ask for my hand in marriage.
“He also lied to my parents that he was a businessman and that he owned a provision store and that he lived in a flat.
“My parents told him that they cannot release me for marriage because I was too young and besides I was still schooling.
“Onu told my parents that he will send me to school after the marriage, my parent agreed and he paid the bride price.
“When I got to his house, I discovered that he was staying in one-room apartment, selling popcorn at the roadside.
“He also refused to fulfill his promise of sending me to school.
“He once punched me in my stomach and I lost my first pregnancy after a fight. I have lived every minute of my life in fear but I cannot go back to my parents because of the bride price.
“My husband absconded with our five children 16 years ago. When I called him after he packed out, he just told me that he was no longer interested in the marriage and since then he refused to pick my calls.
“His relations told me he relocated with the children to Port-Harcourt. It is 16 years now that I have not seen nor heard from them.
“I heard that my husband gave our first daughter’s hand in marriage without my knowledge and that she had given birth to a son,” she sobbed, urging the court to help her return the N600 bride price paid by her husband and dissolve the marriage.
“I am no longer in love and I want to move on with my life,” she added.
Onu, was however, called on telephone by an official of the court and he said the petitioner was no longer his wife.
Passing his judgement, the President of the court, Mr. Adegboyega Omilola, said that it was obvious that the marriage had hit the rocks.
Omilola said, “Throughout the duration of this case, the respondent refused to honour court summons, therefore, the court has no other choice than to dissolve the union.
“The marriage between Margaret Agwu and Onu Agwu is hereby dissolved from today, both parties are no longer husband and wife.
“Both are free to go their separate ways without any hindrances and molestation,” the president ruled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by designer01(m): 7:47am On Oct 03, 2017
popcorn no be business?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by pocohantas(f): 7:49am On Oct 03, 2017
OP, the heading is misleading. Her grievance is more serious than his popcorn selling.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by IamSINZ(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Issa business naw? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Ninethmare: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Business is business
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Flatties: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2017
This story is one Kain
Dem dey marry 12yr old for igboland?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Chanchit: 7:55am On Oct 03, 2017
The court has no business in a marriage that has been naturally dissolved 16yrs ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by olasaad(f): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2017
12 year old? Is ok and later you people will be abusing Hausa for child marriage. And for the woman to wait this whole years before coming out is stupid of her.

And also for the business part, the man is still a businessman at least better than most guys who dropped out of school and lied to their ladies that they are graduate. God protect us ladies from the lies of men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by cerowo(f): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2017
12yrs! Damn she was sooo young[code][/code] embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by muller101(m): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2017
He is a man and he is into pop corn business. He is a business man for sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by SingleDaddy: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Nah still business cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2017
angry angry angry

Madaaaam!!!..U waited for 33 yrs before u say u dont want ur marriage anymore Oooh my word..

Besides, 16yrs separation from ur hubby without any communications ur marriage can be considered NULL & VOID. lipsrsealed
shocked

1 Like

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by gmajor10(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2017
pocohantas:
OP, the heading is misleading. Her grievance is more serious than his popcorn selling.

Don't you know OP sometimes means OPonu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Samusu(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2017
What is a lie in what he said?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Treasure17(m): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Still business nah.. Abi you want him to tell you he owns dangote's company. Don't despise the little beginning sis
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 03, 2017
All these court show happens 16 years after you see the hubby and your 5 children?!
Rubbish news.
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by GavelSlam: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2017
From her testimony:

He took advantage of a minor.

He lied to her parents about his line of work and financial standing.

He maltreated her resulting in her losing her pregnancy at some point in her life.

He moved base without her neither did he make provision for her wellbeing.

He married off her daughter without her knowledge.

Can't say she is blameless but the popcorn magnate is certainly with blame.

1 Like

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Franky826: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Is selling popcorn not business?

1 Like

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin

The man no lie ooo. To me.. Popcorn is a business. The posters above me have said it all.
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Evablizin(f): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
embarassed

Is a pity
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by dannytoe(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Pop corn nor bad.................make she seek advise from lia mohamend how popcorn can creat 10,000 jobs.
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by EvilMetahuman: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
Small time, these flatheaded people go dey yab hausa people.

Imagine, 12years old?
Smh
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Joephat(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin

Banana fall on you

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by DavGrace(m): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Still in business cool
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Derekethan1: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
That's business
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Iyajelili(f): 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lol...so after 33years naim this woman wan go find fresh and bigger dick to fvck
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Selling pop corn is a business now
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Cypmeni(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
girls jumping into marriage because of money since time immemorial
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
He's Still a business man nah
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by goingape4: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
seguntijan:
Margaret Agwu, on Friday, sought the dissolution of her 33-year-old marriage to her husband, Onu, at an Igando Customary Court in Lagos.
She lamented that her husband sometimes strips her naked and beats her to pulp and narrated how her husband deceived her and her parents and paid just N600 as her bride price when she was still 12 years old.
The trader told the court, “When I was 12 years old, my husband came to my village to ask for my hand in marriage.
“He also lied to my parents that he was a businessman and that he owned a provision store and that he lived in a flat.
“My parents told him that they cannot release me for marriage because I was too young and besides I was still schooling.
“Onu told my parents that he will send me to school after the marriage, my parent agreed and he paid the bride price.
“When I got to his house, I discovered that he was staying in one-room apartment, selling popcorn at the roadside.
“He also refused to fulfill his promise of sending me to school.
“He once punched me in my stomach and I lost my first pregnancy after a fight. I have lived every minute of my life in fear but I cannot go back to my parents because of the bride price.
“My husband absconded with our five children 16 years ago. When I called him after he packed out, he just told me that he was no longer interested in the marriage and since then he refused to pick my calls.
“His relations told me he relocated with the children to Port-Harcourt. It is 16 years now that I have not seen nor heard from them.
“I heard that my husband gave our first daughter’s hand in marriage without my knowledge and that she had given birth to a son,” she sobbed, urging the court to help her return the N600 bride price paid by her husband and dissolve the marriage.
“I am no longer in love and I want to move on with my life,” she added.
Onu, was however, called on telephone by an official of the court and he said the petitioner was no longer his wife.
Passing his judgement, the President of the court, Mr. Adegboyega Omilola, said that it was obvious that the marriage had hit the rocks.
Omilola said, “Throughout the duration of this case, the respondent refused to honour court summons, therefore, the court has no other choice than to dissolve the union.
“The marriage between Margaret Agwu and Onu Agwu is hereby dissolved from today, both parties are no longer husband and wife.
“Both are free to go their separate ways without any hindrances and molestation,” the president ruled.
is popcorn not a business undecided

naija women and there materialistic sense!

that's why ritualist will be gaining upper hand on them.

1 Like

Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
firstly the op should change the topic, its misleading, doesn't go with the story

Secondly, is selling of popcorn not a business?

. “I am no longer in love
after 5 kids?
Re: He Lied He Was A ‘businessman’, After Marriage I Found Out He Sells Popcorn by Ochinex(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
is selling popcorn, not also a business? you should have asked ' what type of business

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Fast Becoming Gay / Thoughts / African Virgini_girl_xxx_short_episode_02

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.