Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

I Don't Believe In Destiny. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Believe In Destiny. (1192 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / Are You A Christian If You Don't Believe Every Bible Story? / "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Believe In Destiny. by dmxqo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2010
'destiny cannot be denied but can only be delayed' we here that every now and then. Determinism is the theory that everything has a cause. This 'cause' actually directs things into a pattern that was already designed. With such premise, it is concluded that wateva befalls a person, was meant to be that way. I dont only reject this 'destiny' theory but i actually hate it. First it makes the whole of human existence a puppet show, secondly human rationality is invalid, since what must be must be. Thirdly freewill would be just an unexisting 'ideology'. Finally following from the third, responsibility and punishment would be inappropriate, since our choice dosnt determine d future. As u can clearly see, every decision and choice made today, creates the circumstance tommorrow, therefore Destiny is a joke.
Re: I Don't Believe In Destiny. by Nimshi: 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2010
You should believe in destiny: it's all yours to mould.

Re: I Don't Believe In Destiny. by dmxqo(m): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nimshi:

You should believe in destiny: it's all yours to mould.

if we do the 'moulding' then destiny is not the already set pattern it is presentd as.
Re: I Don't Believe In Destiny. by nlPoster: 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Re: I Don't Believe In Destiny. by Roycemadeit(m): 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Destiny is the family you were born to, the country to which you were born, your sex and features, race and tribe. Apart from these nothing else is destiny.

(1) (Reply)

Joagbaje This Is The Kind Of Gospel Jesus Wants You To Preach Not Prosperity / Rhapsody Of Realities / Pope Francis Visits A Pentecostal Church, Calls Pentecostals "Brother" & "Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.