Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 (28441 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / 377 Cooperatives In Edo To Benefit From CBN N143m Intervention Fund / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bibiking1(m): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2010
It beats me why some myopic imbecilic-tending individuals would constantly assert that the ever-reoccuring Jos conflagration is one of a Political strain, when the facts and dead bodies are there for proper evaluation!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by snowdrops(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2010
bibiking1:

It beats me why some myopic imbecilic-tending individuals would constantly assert that the ever-reoccuring Jos conflagration[b] is one of a Political strain, when the facts and dead bodies are there for proper evaluation![/b]
So whats the cause?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by snowdrops(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2010
bleufaucon:

to be honest,ethnicity is never the issue but religion but violence in the south is mostly attributed to territorial control.
I believe ethnicity is the bottom line. During one of the previous crisis, even yoruba muslims were attacked by the northern muslims because they said they were not a proper religious strain. It is ethnic cleansing fuelled by a political agenda.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bibiking1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
There is deep enthrenched "religious-based" hatred that had been stewing for a long while now, and each time people's blood waters the earth, the government of the day and so-called elders would quickly insist it is politically motivated!
Why is it ,if this "politically-motivated" story really adds up, the issues have not yet been stilled?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Abagworo(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2010
any state in the north apart from benue is too dangerous for a christian to live.i dey wait the day abuja own go happen.shine your eyes.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by comechop(m): 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2010
Wow, again? So soon??

Islam Islam Islam. The religion that is trying to completely divide Nigeria.
I'm still surprised that some so called Nigerians on here still choose to live in delusion - saying that its more of a political cause that religion. Get your head out of you ', '

Islam is the cause of ALL our troubles. With Islam you have horrendous violence, zero education etc etc.

On a side note, I'm the only Nigerian student in my medical class, specifically Virology - and all the current re-occurrences of numerous viruses and pathogens in the past couple years are always from NORTHERN NIGERIA. Stupid islamic states!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the head is not broken, then this disease that is Islam will continue to perpetuate.

I used to be staunchly pro-one united Nigeria. But now, i'm not so sure anymore. The south is not perfect, but majority of our woes AS A COUNTRY are from the North - are from our dealings with ISLAM.

God help us. This madness has to stop
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by elnaf(m): 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2010
Very glad Ds is just a tip of an ice bag nothing ve started to be frank Peace will neva rain in Plateau again Coz we fulanis never 4get we fought JUKUNS,TIVS talkless of a minority Tribe BEROM! more attack its coming"DEY TALK SAY PERSON WE SAY HIM MAMA NO GO SLEEP HIM MA NO GO SLEEP"
4 those Nairaland member whoi ar showering abuses on ISLAM na wuna sabi let me tell u sumtin u dont know JOs crisis is all about ethnicity they Dnt want 2 see the hausa bcoz they  claim 2 be settlers and the hausa & fulani majority ar MUSLIMS WHILE the others CHRISTIANS dats why its  havin a mixed feeling but the GENESIS is all about ETHNICITY Ds jst the begining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2010
We should analyse issues properly before posting

A lot of people say that the problem is religion. But if you have looked at previous posts on this issue, it is basically territorial control

If religion were such a strong influence, how come the Ife and Modakeke people were killing themselves continuously
What about the Warri war between Ijaw and Itsekiri?

I am quite sure people in Jos must have been wondering then what the problem was with the Ijaws, Itsekiris, Ifes and Modakekes

Politics is a big factor, otherwise one would have expected that rerun in Ekiti (perhaps the most homogenous state in Nigeria) to have been peaceful

Let us consider it.

A lot of people have argued that the Hausas are bent on taking over Jos
But we also forget that an Ibo man is the Chairman of Ajeromi LG in Lagos State

So depending on how people feel about "settlers, strangers", there may or may not be tension as time goes on
We should remember that we continue to argue that no Nigerian should be a foreigner in any part of the country, but we know that that is not how people feel

Think about it, language is still a  stronger factor than religion in this country

I often witness Ibos and Yorubas slugging it out here
And I wonder, are they not christians?

Furthermore are there no Muslims among the Jos people?
Are there no christians amongst the Hausas?

Let us consider these issues carefully
I for one do not believe that in the face of threat or danger, people open their religious books and  follow the instructions precisely
In such situations, people lash out first and remember what was said about forgiveness later
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by comechop(m): 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2010
kosovo:

You want me to hit my head against my [size=24pt]PC[/size]?
haven't you heard of the world 'FAILED STATE' ?

Eh, therein lies the problem cheesy

In all seriousness, MODS here on nl are a disgrace. Where did Seun pick these ones from

The dude has a horrible grasp of fluent english, and he's trying to spout some grammar like he's some english professor - and at the perfect setting considering the gravity of the thread! Mind boggling I tell you.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayettymama(f): 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
I shed a tear for this country

the worst thing is- theres nothing we can do about it

as long as theres conflict between the people

people would focus less on the shady dealings btw governments

so when they eventually bring peace they are deemed heroes

whilst all this time they have been running the country dry!

what was bush and rice doing in nigeria?

what did they tell the acting president?

we are all still slaves abd we dont no it!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by edoyad(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2010
Why have jos people gone to sleep ? Do they need southern kaduna people to show them how parasites are destroyed ? The zangon kataf riots should have served as a point of reference but i don't know why they did not take precautionary measures before now. Gen Zamani Lekwot is a hero amongst the kataf people of southern kaduna for applying his military prowess in helping to expunge the area of these same vermin. With all the retired generals from plateau and the history of the berom warriors, i'm truly disappointed at how jos has handled the enemy. This is time for people to start arming themselves
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2010
It is all about ethnicity with a Islamic twist. But people do not want to discuss this lipsrsealed

The Fulani are at it again. I feel bad for the people of the Middle Belt now. However, they do act as a buffer to prevent the violence from spreading down south.

So I salute all of you people from the middle belt. You all bear the brunt of the Hausa-Fulani jihads while I can post on this discussion board.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayettymama(f): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2010
hold on

but isnt it the fulani's land though?

if it is then why dont the non-indigenes move?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2010
ayettymama:

hold on

What are you on about ? Which land belongs to the Fulani ?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
@edoyad
Do you really think your suggestion will lead to a happy outcome?
We have been to Sierra Leone and Liberia
Cote d'Ivoire is not at peace

And I am sure that some people must be salivating at the prospects of the self-implosion of Nigeria
They will certainly get some rich pickings
And you think the ijaws will walk away with their oil?
Please think again!

This is a matter that we not should trifle with
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ruskiee(m): 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2010
God Bless the dead.

Man's inhumanity to man. What must be done to end such hatred?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bawomolo(m): 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2010
ayettymama:

hold on

no it isn't but even if it was, what happened to one nigeria? how can you be considered an alien in your own country?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:48pm On Mar 07, 2010
ayettymama:

hold on

Fulani are nomadic, do you know what that means?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayettymama(f): 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2010
^^ yes lolz

so who does it belong to??

bawomolo:

no it isn't but even if it was, what happened to one nigeria? how can you be considered an alien in your own country?

nigerians wanna fight for thier land- then claim 'one nigeria' on others

who does the land belong to??
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by suyaman: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
Can someone please confirm where they received news of a 24 hour curfew as title suggest?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Kratos007(m): 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
elnaf:

Very glad Ds is just a tip of an ice bag nothing ve started to be frank Peace will neva rain in Plateau again Coz we fulanis never 4get we fought JUKUNS,TIVS talkless of a minority Tribe BEROM! more attack its coming"DEY TALK SAY PERSON WE SAY HIM MAMA NO GO SLEEP HIM MA NO GO SLEEP"
4 those Nairaland member whoi ar showering abuses on ISLAM na wuna sabi let me tell u sumtin u dont know JOs crisis is all about ethnicity they Dnt want 2 see the hausa bcoz they  claim 2 be settlers and the hausa & fulani majority ar MUSLIMS WHILE the others CHRISTIANS dats why its  havin a mixed feeling but the GENESIS is all about ETHNICITY Ds jst the begining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

islamic retard
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2010
The Middle Belt, the choice is yours. You can ask for forgiveness with from the people of the East, after your forefathers killed innocent women and children or you live in constant terror of the Hausa and their Fulani overlords.

The choice is yours, We Igbos are waiting for your apology,
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by edoyad(m): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2010
The only befitting restitution would be 4 hausa lives for each christian killed, anything less would be a short change
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayettymama(f): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
^^ thats just mean!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by olafolarin(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
This unending Jos mayhem is à black Eye to Nigeria's failed and visionless leadership.A lasting solution should be created for the Jos people to make the place peaceful for all.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2010
elnaf:

Typical violent fanatic, I know guys like you, i lived in Kano for a while. You do not know the way of peace, war and blood shed is your native language.

May God have mercy on your wretched soul.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2010
To arms O Israel!

The time of turning the other cheek is over!!!! angry

If any Igbos have been touched, the lives of every Hausa is forfeit in Alaigbo!!! My brothers are preparing our machetes,
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by cold(m): 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2010
One thing really baffles me in all of this.Between the hours of 3 & 6 am when the wanton killings were being carried out,where were the berom men in the community,what were they doing that they cldn't protect their wives,sisters & children? Don't they know that to check these extremists requires eternal vigilance? This is one aspect of the indigenes of plateau i cannot come to terms with.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2010
@EzeUche
To arms O Israel!

The time of turning the other cheek is over!!!!  Angry

If any Igbos have been touched, the lives of every Hausa is forfeit in Alaigbo!!! My brothers are preparing our machetes,

I am not so sure that that will solve the problem
Are you really sure only one side to this crisis is gulity of atrocities
Remember we are dealing with human beings with passions and emotions
Only robots with some computer chip embedded in its brain will follow all rules of decency at the time of a crisis
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Pharoh: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2010
cold:

One thing really baffles me in all of this.Between the hours of 3 & 6 am when the wanton killings were being carried out,where were the berom men in the community,what were they doing that they cldn't protect their wives,sisters & children? Don't they know that to check these extremists requires eternal vigilance? This is one aspect of the indigenes of plateau i cannot come to terms with.

Interesting observation.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Beaf: 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2010
cold:

I just saw it on the  news that Dogo Nahawa is a purely tin mining settlement, so the men must have been at the mines IMHO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Yes, I Am Part Of Aso Rock Cabal In Buhari's Gov't – SGF, Babachir Lawal / Mali Crisis: Summit With Buhari, Others End In Deadlock / Policewoman Caught Extorting Money From Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.