Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 (28433 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / 377 Cooperatives In Edo To Benefit From CBN N143m Intervention Fund / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 3:30am On Mar 08, 2010
As I look at these children, it reminds me of the pictures of starving Biafran children. The same murderers who committed this crime are the same ones who did this during the Civil War!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by violent(m): 3:31am On Mar 08, 2010
Answer the question i asked you and stop d rigmarole. Who told you i did not lose relatives during the Nigerian genocide against my people? The truth will set you people free if not in the next two months another mayhem will be unleashed and you will run in here to cry like a baby.

You are just as bad, perhaps worse than those terrible good for nothing, satanic, unrepentant, heartless, Monsters out there that just snuffed the lives out of babies who can barely differentiate between their left and right legs.

Your support and unashamed persistent backing for this people only goes further to reveal what a beast you are.

I take back my earlier statement in a different post where i called you a dog, i think that's insultive to all dogs of all caliber
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Dokki: 3:34am On Mar 08, 2010
Sigh!
When will Nigeria growup and leave all this crap behind?
The whole world is moving forward and we are resinding into the dark ages.

Loss of life is never pretty, may they all RIP!

sad
D
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 3:39am On Mar 08, 2010
People keep talking about arming ourselves
Vengeance
Burning people alive

Will all of these lead to a successful outcome

Children were turned to soldiers in Sierra Leone
And they were brainwashed to even kill their parents

Do we really think that when we work people up enough they will only kill the parents
It is not likely that a man will love the child of the person he is about to kill

A war is a terrible thing
It typically does not solve any underlying problem

We should be careful
The useful comments I have seen are

When are we bringing culprits to justice?  - not just this last episode, but everyone
Reminding people that it is always wrong to kill children
But I realy suspect that that is hard for people to observe
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by chelseabmw(m): 3:48am On Mar 08, 2010
jos used to be a lovely city, but no more
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by 006(m): 4:08am On Mar 08, 2010
@ Beaf, fv<k off!

I don't like seeing these images but that is what we Igbos are used to, when a truck load of dead bodies are transported from North to East.

The point is, I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN IN GOWON'S TOWN!

This is still very small to what that clown did to us.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 4:18am On Mar 08, 2010
@006

That will not put a stop to the possibility of its happening to you, your friends or relatives again.
Of course, I feel terrible about these things, but we must do something about putting an end to them all

Please remember, wiping out Gowon's town will not relieve the pain of having just one person from your town being in Gowon's town should that (God forbid) happen
It may actually increase the risk of the incident happening to all of us again and again
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Beaf: 4:23am On Mar 08, 2010
006:

@ Beaf, fv<k off!

I don't like seeing these images but that is what we Igbos are used to, when a truck load of dead bodies are transported from North to East.

Youre just plain ignorant and it shows.
Is it the Jos people that have been killing Southerners up North? Is it even Christians that have been doing the killing up North? It seems you just want to be seen saying something, even if only for the fun of it; but it honestly doesn't make you seem bright.

I shudder at the quality of some of todays youth.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by pappilo(m): 4:33am On Mar 08, 2010
chelseabmw:

jos used to be a lovely city, but no more

Abi o. I remember going there for my first ever proper holiday in 1992. It is a shame.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by 006(m): 4:37am On Mar 08, 2010
That will not put a stop to the possibility of its happening to you, your friends or relatives again.
Of course, I feel terrible about these things, but we must do something about putting an end to them all

It has happened to someone I know, it can happen to me, I don't care; but as long as this farce called Nigeria continues to exist, more innocent people will die, maybe you for clinging on to something you know won't work.

Youre just plain ignorant and it shows.
Is it the Jos people that have been killing Southerners up North? Is it even Christians that have been doing the killing up North? It seems you just want to be seen saying something, even if only for the fun of it; but it honestly doesn't make you seem bright.

It's quite obvious you lack the capacity to comprehend something in context.
The dead I mentioned was a result of Gowon forcing Nigeria unto us, now the chicken is coming home to roost in his own state.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 4:38am On Mar 08, 2010
@MandigoII
809 million people have died in religious wars. That’s nearly a billion people.

There is NO honourable statistics that can be used to back up this claim. I have seen this figure before and it cannot stand up to 1-minute analysis
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 4:43am On Mar 08, 2010
@006
but as long as this farce called Nigeria continues to exist, more innocent people will die, maybe you for clinging on to something you know won't work

Splitting up countries does not stop killings. It may even be worse if the smaller states can be easily overrun by some neighbours (larger or working in concert with some others)
Neighbours also fight
Ethiopia and Eritrea for example

I just believe that social issues typically do not have simple answers as we are often led to believe
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by 006(m): 4:50am On Mar 08, 2010
Splitting up countries does not stop killings. It may even be worse if the smaller states can be easily overrun by some neighbours (larger or working in concert with some others)
Neighbours also fight
Ethiopia and Eritrea for example

It's better to be killed as a result of a "real” problem with your brother than for a stranger to cowardly overrun you at night unprovoked.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 4:57am On Mar 08, 2010
@006
It's better to be killed as a result of a "real” problem with your brother than for a stranger to cowardly overrun you at night unprovoked.

Although I disagree, I will like to leave the matter
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Justcash(m): 5:01am On Mar 08, 2010
Those pictures look like the pictures of the Biafran war massacre!

A military Man from Plateau state was the one that ordered the Biafran massacre!

Yes Gowon was his name!

The question is why Plateau state? I mean they are Northerners too! Why such a sensless killing spree?

I smell veangance from the Spirit of the Massacred  Biafran Children! I really do.

The truth needs to be told, and proper apology tendered for peace to reign.

I have seen this type of payback in many places. I am sure this is not normal.

Nigeria really needs to break!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Beaf: 5:06am On Mar 08, 2010
Ok, you brave souls. Dance on the graves of dead children.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by metalgong5(m): 5:10am On Mar 08, 2010
This is just the beginning - - - - The Killers of Biafran Children are now beheading themselves.
Soon, it will spread over to all those regions that sabotaged the Biafran cause.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by 006(m): 5:14am On Mar 08, 2010

Don't be a f00l! No sane man would be happy to see innocent children and women murdered.

But to be honest with you, I'd throw a party if those were Gowon’s family and relatives lying dead on the ground, because he is evil.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Justcash(m): 5:17am On Mar 08, 2010
Beaf:

[b]Beaf mhen, No one is happy about the death of these Women and Children. It is quite gory and disheartening. The spate of  recurrence of this violence in Jos is strange and not normal. Didn't you see the same number of Children murdered in a Muslim village few weeks back?
It is not only strange that two brothers from the same region are murdering themselves with so much hatred, it is an issue to ponder about.

However, I am very sure that the dimension of this violence is beyond human control. It has taken a spiritual dimension. I mean these loss of lives are not in tens, but in hundreds and they are carried out in very sensless manners. The killings bear a resemblance of the Biafran war Massacre (Can you deny that?) And it was carried out by a United force led by people that are butchering themselves now.

With the Similarity of this genocide to the massacre in Biafra, and the fact that this is occuring in the home state of the Man who ordered the Biafran massacre, leaves alot of questions unanswered.[/b]
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by igboboy1(m): 5:23am On Mar 08, 2010
Am tired of having pity on you JOS guys, DO what the Niger Delta peeps are doing, Arm yourself, its about time we think like the enemy an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, get up your a$$eS and get some bazooka for crying out loud,

negotiation for your fathers land is not an option
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 5:31am On Mar 08, 2010
My Igbo brothers have been speaking my mind. This region is about to be engulfed in flames. The innocent children of Biafra cry out!!!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bawomolo(m): 5:40am On Mar 08, 2010
why do they have to kill kids
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by trueword: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2010
When will these killings stop. what is the problem with these people? If they don't value life why don't they just kill themselves and not kill others. All the slaughtering that goes ones is virtually always in northern part of country and it beginning to look like a norm. We can't even go for half a year without more killing. Why won't the north just leave the south alone and form their own country so that they can do as they wish. i'm tired of this.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Str8talk: 7:17am On Mar 08, 2010
@trueword
All the slaughtering that goes ones is virtually always in northern part of country

My point has always been that some parts of the country are more militant than others. When two members of a militant section confront each other, one can only imagine the ferocity.

Another theory I have is that anybody leading a nomadic life (and who confronts natural elements, wild animals etc regualrly) is more likely to be battle-hardened than people living in cities

But even the "supposedly-cowardly" Yorubas became very brutal during the Ife-Modakeke crisis

The solution is to promote education, and resolve emerging crisis speedily and fairly

Angling for vengeance and warning people to arm themsleves will turn Nigerian into another war theatre
With 150m people (130m) of which live in Nigeria, it will be a large playground - all manners of weapons, interventions will be brought into the picture

The makers of guns and amunition are praying and planning for business growth

we need to act to stave this off; not fuel it
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2010
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by degubi(m): 7:46am On Mar 08, 2010
I completely agree with igbo boy on this issue its time to take a stand and retaliate against those who would threaten our lives. While the useless government is busy setting up more committees, we should start taking steps to protect our lives and that of our loved ones. I tire for this country! Nigeria needs to split so that we can go our seperate ways.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ebioloye1: 8:12am On Mar 08, 2010
governor jang should be arested he is not fit to ruled that state for god sake this people are human for god sake nothing is been done by the goverment of that state hey nigerians may god help us
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ebor(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2010
why on earth are we deviating frm d issue at hand here?.when will we stop playing ethnicity and tribalism on issues call 4sober reflectn. It's a shame shocked sad
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otukpo(f): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2010
This is more than disheartening.

I feel so much in my heart seeing the lives of innocents kids lost in a brutal way.

I weep for Nigeria.

A state of emergency needs to be declared in Nigeria b4 another one happens.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by tkb417(m): 8:31am On Mar 08, 2010
rubbish and senseless comments

people are dieing and some are yakking undiluted baloney about what a military govt did in the past

our exposure is ruining our sense of reasoning.
Its a shame a typical 9ja youth cannot reason without a medical aid

its a shame

signs out of thread

and whats with the break up break up 'lullaby' ( its boring and of course making me feel sleepy)
a break up will engender a stoppage to the killings aite? ask the break away countries from USSR
rubbish. So who says when you break up, the Ijebus in the SW will not go Gung ho against the Egbas? or the Ijaws will not fight the itsekiris?
i think we need some water and sugar therapy to cure this mouth diarrhea
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by chidexy(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2010
For those with the guts to look at more grotesque pictures of the massacre, take a look at this link. It's really horrible.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/photo
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Kratos007(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2010
006:

@ Beaf, fv<k off!

hmmn, people who were not even born during or immediaely after the civil war are now experts. nairaland will always be a place where puerile and churlish tribalistic morons propound useless theorems. this has nothing to do with biafra, so my igbo brethren, get over yourselves!!! Nobody is happy seeing dead women and children, so wishing this to happen in gowon's town is just plain stupid and mean. will that bring back all the past dead? what do you want? a blood sacrifice? ignorant vampire!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals / 8 APC Campaign Council Members Defect To PDP; Meet Atiku (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.