Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US (23183 Views)

Ministerial nominees: Why Buhari dropped Dambazau, Kachikwu, Anwukah, others / Uzoma Anwukah And Wife, Uju Dedicate Their Son (Photos) / "President Buhari Is Sick, Fayose Is A Mad Man" – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by 360frolic(m): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
The Minister of State for Education, Anthony Anwukah, is being hospitalised in the United States.

The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, disclosed this at a press briefing on the 2017 World Teachers’ Day in Abuja.

Mr. Adamu, who did not disclose the ailment for which his colleague is hospitalised, urged those at the event to rise for a prayer for the speedy recovery of Mr. Anwukah.

“Please permit me to ask us to say a minute prayer for the Minister of State who is away in the U.S to receive medical treatment for an illness,” Mr. Adamu said immediately after the introduction of key officials at the briefing.

According to the minister, Mr. Anwukah needed prayers from Nigerians especially stakeholders in the education sector.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/10/minister-of-state-for-education-anthony.html

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Memories12411: 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
May God perfect your healing.

24 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hope he gets well.

It is sad our leaders are going out for treatment, but with budgets of less than $10million for one teaching hospital, compared with budgets of $750millon and above for a US hospital, what do you expect.

If we want good hospitals, we have to pay for it. You cannot maintain a good hospital on hospital fees that are chicken feed.

Or we just take another IMF loan of N40 trillion for health in Naija.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by MrPresident1: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Abayor7: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Get well soon Mr man..

It's so unfortunate there's no �hospital in Nigeria (a 57 years old so called nation) that can take care of your "Sick"ness! embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Dreamword24: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wish him quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by aynurni220(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
N252.9bn budgeted for Health has been embezzled.

''The federal government will ban public officers from traveling abroad for medical treatment'' - Booharee, 2015

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by RobinHez(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
No one has any right to be angry because he was flown abroad... The body only follows where the head leads. embarassed

So I'll just pray for him to be healed.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Get well soon sr.
meanwhile, our educational system and values need urgent attention too. May be it should be flown abroad too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Whether he has stolen or not, He's still among those responsible for the poor state of Nigerian schools.... My prayers dey work... The way the universe dey answer my prayer eh.. very soon there would be no corrupt official in this country

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by maxiuc(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Adegokenath(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
you are heal in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by DRPMJ(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
My prayer won't get to him in US hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by umarinus: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
why not treat him in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Obodo999(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Those in power always travel abroad for Medical care. Why do hell should I relocate to Nigeria ?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Engrduke: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wish him speedy recovery.
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by samdeto(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
smh. end time politicians. BTW. who knows whether oau has released results for d just concluded post ume
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by TheTrueSeeker: 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Like Buhari, Like his Ministers

Buhari promised none of his Ministers would travel abroad for medical treatment

but was the first to renege on the promise and now would he query his cabinet member for going abroad to seek medical help?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by free2ryhme: 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
360frolic:
The Minister of State for Education, Anthony Anwukah, is being hospitalised in the United States.

The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, disclosed this at a press briefing on the 2017 World Teachers’ Day in Abuja.

Mr. Adamu, who did not disclose the ailment for which his colleague is hospitalised, urged those at the event to rise for a prayer for the speedy recovery of Mr. Anwukah.

“Please permit me to ask us to say a minute prayer for the Minister of State who is away in the U.S to receive medical treatment for an illness,” Mr. Adamu said immediately after the introduction of key officials at the briefing.

According to the minister, Mr. Anwukah needed prayers from Nigerians especially stakeholders in the education sector.

Every sick thiefing govt official is flown abroad at taxpayers expense
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by free2ryhme: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
samdeto:
smh. end time politicians.
BTW. who knows whether oau has released results for d just concluded post ume

Results are out

But they have taken them down from the portal reasons that their are mistakes in them

Probably check later at night
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Obodo999:
Those in power always travel abroad for Medical care. Why do hell should I relocate to Nigeria ?
Don't... We gan here are lookin for ways to relocate there..
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Greenthumb(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
My former VC, may the good Lord perfect his healing..

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by MhizzAJ(f): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Why re they all receiving medical treatment abroad undecided
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Randomshotz: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
When will they start patronizing Nigeria hospitals?
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by bfmconcepts: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
how has he helped in education sector?.
Our education is sick also

1 Like

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by free2ryhme: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
360frolic:

They destroyed our education system are seek medical help abroad

You people will reap what you sow
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
uzoclinton:
He's among those responsible for the poor state of Nigerian schools.... My prayers dey work.

Of course till you realise that we need at least 3 trillion naira to make our universities better right now....from a budget of 7 trillion naira and we need much more than that to improve primary and secondary schools....and then you know that fees have to go up..

Or we just take a 40 trillion naira loan from IMF.

That is why GEJ could not pay ASUU their money in 2013.... Money does not grow on trees

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by prigoz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
But if it is ordinary Nigerian, he will likely to die since our hospital is on strike by JOHESU and government is not making any frantic effort to meet their demands. Well after all, am not devil incarnate, I wish quick recovery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by magoo10(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
I wonder where the ordinary man will fly to when he needs urgent treatment.

After so many years our leaders cannot build on hand health centers that can cater for her people despite huge oil revenues that have been earned over the years.

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by viczeey(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Patronise made in Nigeria shouting by our leaders is just fake...
Re: Anthony Anwukah Is Sick; Hospitalized In US by ifyain: 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
The masses or rather I am not wasting my prayers for the thieving elites that always shamelessly run to overseas for medical tourism while leaving the poor at the mercies of the abysmal dysfunctional health care in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Meets Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman (Photos) / Speakership: 121 Elected Lawmakers, Femi Gbajabiamila Meet El-Rufai (Photos) / Eased Lockdown Not Permission For Carelessness, FG Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.