Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results (6193 Views)

Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced / The Oscars 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by Seun(m): 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2010
What's so great about the Hurt Locker? 
I know the subject of Iraqis very sentimental for Americans,
but I didn't think the characters were realistic at all.
I watched the thing and I don't get it at all.
How could they win so many awards?

Wait. District 9 didn't win anything? Wow, thumbs down.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by vescucci(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
I am flabberdisgusted and royally distraught. This year's Oscars is even worse than last year's. At least a woman has won best director. If Mr. Waltz didn't win there would have been a world wide revolt.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by Nautillus(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think the awards distribution was kinda fair. . .The Hurt locker is quite good & Avatar's mad hype was bound to go bust at some point.

I have a crush on Sandra bullock . . , yipeee. . .ma baby won!!!!
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by obinna5000(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
OSCAR FACT: Kathryn Bigelow became the first female to win the Best Director award.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by spikyn: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ Avatar fans: Welcome to the world of TDK fans; at least you guys got nominations,

THL was a worthy winner though I wouldn't have minded if Up had won.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by omar22(m): 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
If Nollywood movies had better story lines and have actors and actresses that act without kissing their teeth, rolling their eyes, saying words like “wonderful”, “I see”, OK, going to Lagos and the next minute you are a millionaire, shoot through a window without the window breaking and someone gets hit, then Nollywood has a chance because I have seen the last 15 Oscar Award and if you look at the foreign language category and you would think Nollywood should dominate this category… but due to their limitation in their thinking films from Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Colombia, Argentina etc walks away with the gong…
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by JeSoul(f): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
I am extremely happy for Sandra Bullock, Christopher Walz and Monique - they were all simply and incredibly flawless in their various roles and deserved to win.

I am extremely ticked off District 9 didn't win anything and even more ticked off at HL winning best picture, I wonder . . . it must be some seriously high quality reefers the voters must be smoking these days.

For those of you who haven't seen the Hurt locker, please I implore you to do so, so that perhaps, you may gain a small understanding of the atrocity that was committed last night all in the political name of "first woman winning best ___". THL is not even top 7 of the 10 movies nominated in MHO.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by obinna5000(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2010
spikyn:

@ Avatar fans: Welcome to the world of TDK fans; at least you guys got nominations,

THL was a worthy winner though I wouldn't have minded if Up had won.

@spikyn
"Avatar" won 3 awards for Best Visual Effects, Best Art Direction & Best Cinematography.

I was wondering, if movie goers and fans had also been involved in the voting process, do you think "The Hurt Locker" would have still won 6 awards last night?
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by JeSoul(f): 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2010
obinna5000:

I was wondering, if movie goers and fans had also been involved in the voting process, do you think "The Hurt Locker" would have still won 6 awards last night?
lol, I think we all know the answer to that. Movie goers vote with their pockets and they have spoken loud and clear lol. THL ranks 146 and only brought in $16 million even with all the exposure and oscar buzz.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by dmxqo(m): 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
omar22:

If Nollywood movies had better story lines and have actors and actresses that act without kissing their teeth, rolling their eyes, saying words like “wonderful”, “I see”, OK, going to Lagos and the next minute you are a millionaire, shoot through a window without the window breaking and someone gets hit, then Nollywood has a chance because I have seen the last 15 Oscar Award and if you look at the foreign language category and you would think Nollywood should dominate this category… but due to their limitation in their thinking films from Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Colombia, Argentina etc walks away with the gong…
point.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by SisiKill1: 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
omar22:

If I had ten wings I would fly and if my mom was an English Queen, I'd be the snootiest princess this side of the Ocean.

If, If, If it means nothing so no point in dwelling on it.

Nollywood is BAD and it's gonna take more than wishful thinking for them to dominate anything.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by binhozie(m): 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
Who gives a phuck? tongue
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by omar22(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
Nollywood is BAD and it's gonna take more than wishful thinking for them to dominate anything.

Have you seen the films that wins this category they make Nollywood movies look like Hollywood films but the storyline makes more sense
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by teeluv(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2010
nolywood koh nollywood ni
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2010
omar22:

Have you seen the films that wins this category they make Nollywood movies look like Hollywood films but the storyline makes more sense

i have no idea which movie you are talking about but the one that won this year, Argentine movie "el secreto de sus ojos" is ten times better shot, better lighting, better actors, better location, better sound than ANY Nollywood movie out there!
also check "un prophete" french movie that was also nominated this year. fantastic movie both behind and in front of the camera and i really thought it was going to win.  
people think that you just need a great story to win something. . . . . . . . .everything needs to be right, the camera work, the sound, the lighting, the great acting(oh lawd, Nollywood has a long way to go on that one), the location.

the last time i watched a Nollywood movie, there was a hospital scene and it was just a bed in a room. even the doctor looked like a fool,if he didnt have a stethoscope around his neck, i would have though that he was the cleaning man.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by obinna5000(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the last time i watched a Nollywood movie, there was a hospital scene and it was just a bed in a room. even the doctor looked like a fool,if he didnt have a stethoscope around his neck, i would have though that he was the cleaning man.

LWKM grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by SisiKill1: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i have no idea which movie you are talking about but the one that won this year, Argentine movie "el secreto de sus ojos" is ten times better shot, better lighting, better actors, better location, better sound than ANY Nollywood movie out there!
also check "un prophete" french movie that was also nominated this year. fantastic movie both behind and in front of the camera and i really thought it was going to win.   
people think that you just need a great story to win something. . . . . . . . .everything needs to be right, the camera work, the sound, the lighting, the great acting(oh lawd, Nollywood has a long way to go on that one), the location.

Lmao! cheesy cheesy

I tell ya, sometimes I think this Nollywood defenders are from a different planet.

Comparing that crapfest the call a movie industry to other movie. . .[size=5pt]Delusional![/size]
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by seunspice(m): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2010
Funny Avatar won 3 awards, that is one award per hour for the 3 miserable hours of the movie. I love Cameron, he gave us Terminator and Titanic. but the buzz about some funny looking homosapiens is too much for me to handle. I would stick to the Inglorious Basterds for my own 'NOSCARS' (my version of the OSCARS).
Thumbs up Sandra Bullock! and Waltz.
The oscars lost its glory over a decade ago. its definitely not worth sacrificing my sleep for.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by spikyn: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2010
@obinna5k. TDK took home 2. BSA for Heath Ledger and Best Sound Editing. So I didn't mean it didn't get anything but 'technical Oscars're not it.

If it was up to 'movie watchers' et al you'd have had to pick Transformers 2 as well. GOD ALMIGHTY FORBID VERY BAD THING!
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by splashbaby(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
bluespice:

ahh well, avtar didnt win so that's cool by me
beef
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by obinna5000(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
spikyn:

If it was up to 'movie watchers' et al you'd have had to pick Transformers 2 as well. GOD ALMIGHTY FORBID VERY BAD THING!
Transformers 2 was not even nominated for Best Picture. It was nominated in some technical awards but did not win. Thank you Jesus. kiss
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by spikyn: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
obinna5000:

@spikyn
"Avatar" won 3 awards for Best Visual Effects, Best Art Direction & Best Cinematography.

I was responding to your question at the end of the quoted text block above. Nomination for Transformers 2 is for anything is bad enough
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by obinna5000(m): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
@spikyn
What I was trying to say is that, if movie goers were given opportunity to vote from the movies already nominated for Best Picture or any other category, would "The Hurt Locker" still win 6 awards?
I guess the question has already been answered.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by Cmiller(m): 3:33am On Mar 13, 2010
Can we get d whole result details cos dz is not al d results,bt stil tanks 4 dz.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by Cmiller(m): 3:33am On Mar 13, 2010
Can we get d whole result details cos dz is not al d results,bt stil tanks 4 dz.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by obinna5000(m): 7:36am On Mar 13, 2010
@Cmiller

For movies that won awards, go to page 4 of this thread.

For full list winners at the 2010 Oscars, go to: http://oscar.go.com/oscar-night/winners?cid=10_oscars_slideshow_winners
Re: The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
I just saw The Hurt Locker.

Despite being a decently good film it, IN NO WAY, merits an Oscar. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Nothing special about it.

It was just a good film.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Dth Satellite Provider In Nigeria Apart From Dstv? / Zeeworld: Monday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 60 - 61 / Download Free Beat : Nerro Beats-Loud-1 (Prod By Nerro Beats)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.