Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? (25499 Views)

Herders/farmers Conflict: Enugu State Inaugurates Agro Rangers Squad / Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2017
Okies27:
. Dumbest thing I ever read. Ranch them in South tsetseflies will affect them? Dumb! What happens to fumigation around the ranch? Ranching in the North n hunger? Stupidity smells around your post.
e be like say na ban dey hungry you so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2017
efighter:

Dear O.P., definitely you are not happy with the relative peace in the country. Militants were persuaded to put down arms, herdsmen were given final warning by the government, Boko Haram is feeling the heat of our gallant soldiers while IPOB has been forced underground.

If however, you are in enemity with your neighbours who are farmers and you want someone to come and destroy their crops, pls contact your brothers who are into armed robbery to come and help you to destroy your enemies' farmland, herdsmen are now born again. Also if there are girls in your potopoto republic who did not agree to your sexual demands, hence you want them to be humiliated and raped, kindly contact your kidnapping brothers to help you out, herdsmen are now saying Jesus is Lord.
lol
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by realhumanity: 7:03am On Oct 05, 2017
The way people answer questions on this board is quite funny, but I believe agricultural science taught them that. We have two types of Fulani's, the homegrown ones and the pastoral ones. The homegrown ones have cows and they also farm while the Fulani ones just rear cows and settle as they go. These pastoral Fulani do not go back home like its a seasonal thing but they find the best place in their new areas to settle to avoid attacks or deaths.

If you go to communities who do not chase them away nor fight them like the Awaza community in Abia, some communities in delta, anambra state, edo state (those in Uniben will see them), etc, you will find them living in those areas. If you go those places as at now, you will surely meet them there.

For those saying a Fulani from sokoto or katsina will return to those places during raining season should say where in Jibia, malinfashi, charanchi, daura,etc the cattle will graze on. This is the farming season, they will not allow the cattle spoil their farm products. Moreover the home base Fulani have cattle to rear too. So no one goes back home but stay in their present location but this time, in a prepared settlement.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by okerekeikpo: 7:03am On Oct 05, 2017
Do you want them to resume?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by jonnytad(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2017
Antangonist:
The writer of this article is an idiot and hypocrite, you are enemy to your self and to the state. make more research to fine out what operation is been set up in zafara, Nassarawa, Benue and other parts of the states disturbed by hermsmen. Don't just sit and pen down rubbish to incite more crisis.

So, what happen to my farm that was cruelly destroyed last Saturday by this God forsaken pple here in ibadan?
What operation is controlling that? I hate it when we blindly support evil.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by rexbuton: 7:04am On Oct 05, 2017
obailala:
When you hold much prejudice against a person, you lose your sense of reasoning whenever the person speaks or is spoken of.

What exactly was wrong with what Mynd44 said?... The question raised by the thread was "why we no longer hear of rampant herdsmen killings." He's the only one who gave a potential answer while everyone else on the thread seems to be blabbing. Now the sensible thing to do is to either agree or disagree with his answer. But you chose to attack him asking why he isn't condemning herdsmen killings and castigating him for 'supporting' the killings... Biko was that the question asked?... Are you alright?

you said my mind. he has answered their question already but they are berating him for not swallowing their bait...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by MistadeRegal(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
No need to reply.
Dude is Kanu sympathizer, and by implication is sympathetic to ipoB terrorism.

That isn't any kinda sympathizer, he's telling the truth in a short note.
Till now, the fulani herdsmen have not been treated as who they were.
If any of your loved ones are among the murdered by those wicked men, you won't be here commenting thus.
Learn to always call a spade a spade.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by kunyeo(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding

Thanks for this comment devoid of tribal sentiments and parochialism.WHY AT TIME I DETEST THIS PLATFORM BECAUSE IT IS FILLED WITH KIDS WHO GAINED SNEAKY ACCESS TO THEIR PARENTS DATA TO EXPRESS NONSENSE.The constant clash
is all about struggle for limited grazing ground aggravated more by global warming.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
No need to reply.

did u complete ur primary education?
don't tell me u reason with ur anus.
The dude just asked a question nd ur answer just confirmed that we ve deranged fellows on NL.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by shekauvsbuhari: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
No need to reply.
and u re sympathetic to fulani murderous criminality n bloodshed and buhari's criminal hypocrisy.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2017
The Calibals controlling them give them orders.
It shouldn't be news.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by bugativeron: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2017
You made sense too much with this your post
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding

3 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by disandat(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

It's too bad you see it this way. I support PMB's presidency but I'm deeply displeased by his understanding of killings by herdsmen. I don't want to wish your person their visit so as to correct your view of them. Let me just ask you. If as a dealer on foodstuff, would you understand if someone who deals on kerosene is having sales downtime and moves into your shop un-invited? Knowing so well that he didn't pay for your shop and his presence means your absence?
See we are the reason why there are sooo many ills in Nigeria. Our love for some ppl in power makes us take wrong stand on serious matters. Why were they in a haste to tag IPOB terrorists when herdsmen that slaughter for fun have not been even been cautioned? Please remove this your post.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by blarkraimez: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Nice bro.... only an idiot won't belif in your unbiased explanation...with you I belif Nigeria will still work..
The truth is that the herdsmen killing are always the criminals among them.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by rexbuton: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2017
Okies27:
. Dumbest thing I ever read. Ranch them in South tsetseflies will affect them? Dumb! What happens to fumigation around the ranch? Ranching in the North n hunger? Stupidity smells around your post.

I don't think you're right

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Positivepoint(m): 7:17am On Oct 05, 2017
Wonder why they call them nomadic if they don't move around?

clarocuzioo:

Mynd44, am really disappointed at this your response on this issue, it goes a long way to prove that you are sympathetic to the Fulani herdsmen. Some may term you a bigot, since the sanctity of human lives means nothing to us that we have to sacrifice it on the alter of ethnic and religious bigotry.

I tell you categorically that the herdsmen don't go back to the North once they are in the South, who will bear the cost to and fro north prior to their sales?? They don't even consider that as an option, once they are in the South, they are there, unless there's a crisis that's when they consider going back to the North, so for you to put up this shallow defence for them is worrisome.

Ranching over time has been said as the solution to this and you come up here to tell us about Tse-Tse fly? If the National grazing bill has been successful will you people still consider Tse-Tse fly and not take the lands allocated for grazing in the South? Even if we have Tse-Tse flies in the South, are there no solutions to that in this modern world?

Also Audu Ogbeh considering to import grasses at a time we have scarce foreign exchange and at a time when the government of the day is preaching buy naija to grow Naira is the height of sycophancy.what happens to all the grasses in the country that cows are already enjoying that we have to consider importing grasses??
Please this shallow defence makes a fool of ur person and personality considering your esteem position as a moderator in this great and noble forum. I always tell sycophants defending the present day government, there's a life after that government, PDP goons can tell better now. You can as well ban me.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by MultiCEO1: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

APShit sympathizer. For your mind, your are very reasonable and logical. Since the useless government called the criminals and foreign invaders, why haven't the police done anything about arresting them or the army whose responsibility it is to protect the country war against the lybians and malians? Keep supporting evil. One day, you'll be it's victim and we would no longer be there to shout on your behalf.
I've told you the truth. Oya, ban me. you did it before in your biased judgement against me in favour of Mediumstout. Do it again in your favour.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Okies27(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2017
rexbuton:

Hello. I will buy you data so you can read. you have lots of reading to do. a lot. in fact nairaland isn't what you need right now. you can pm me the number you want data on. your post above is embarrassing
. Who be dis again? Kids everywhere offering free data. Good Samaritan. Oya, buy glo, mtn, airtel n 9mobile recharge cards, scratch n post on nairaland n let those who needs them load...
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by SBG04: 7:21am On Oct 05, 2017
Completely clueless and ignorant article. This farmer/pastorialist conflict has been raging for decades now. It has nothing to do with a Fulani President and everything to do with seasonal weather changes and vegetation. The conflict has toned down at this time of the year because there is plenty of pasture in the North due to the abundant rainfall they've been experiencing. These herders move down south in the dry season in search of pasture and encroach on farmlands. If the OP had gone to school and not skipped classes, he would have been taught this. You people should stop looking at everything with tribal eyes.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by rexbuton: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Okies27:
. Who be dis again? Kids everywhere offering free data. Good Samaritan. Oya, buy glo, mtn, airtel n 9mobile recharge cards, scratch n post on nairaland n let those who needs them load...

I'm sorry... please ignore!
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by E2power3: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Simple:

Available reports from the Middle Belt, South East and South South indicate that bulk of the farmers have stayed away from their farms to save their lives!

That those farmers now concentrate on few farms close to the community than be killed by Fulani herdsmen that Buhari/APC government is not interested in stopping.

is this not obvious enough in locally produced food item prices?

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

What you are saying is tantamount to saying that INNOSON motors should kill innocent people in accident because they are test driving their vehicle undecided

Obasanjo should destroy people's farm because he needs the soil to grow his crops

Dangote should continue killing people with his trucks because he had to deliver cement shocked shocked

Which kind reasoning be this

Are innocent citizens to bear the weight of their profession? (Herdmen)

As if they will give the meat to the public free of charge!

Everyone should manage their businesses and not disturb others while they are at it. Cause when they will start reaping the profits the public will not know about it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by SBG04: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2017
MultiCEO1:

APShit sympathizer. For your mind, your are very reasonable and logical. Since the useless government called the criminals and foreign invaders, why haven't the police done anything about arresting them or the army whose responsibility it is to protect the country war against the lybians and malians? Keep supporting evil. One day, you'll be it's victim and we would no longer be there to shout on your behalf.
I've told you the truth. Oya, ban me. you did it before in your biased judgement against me in favour of Mediumstout. Do it again in your favour.
Don't be an ignorant dumbass. The person you quoted there described the nature and origin of the conflict and your best reply is APshit?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Okies27(m): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
e be like say na ban dey hungry you so
. That guy post tire me. For this 21st century somebody go open e mouth say Ranching system in the North go make meat scarce n tsetse fly no go let Ranching work for South. Just imagine the thing na... E make any sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2017
[s]
Agentsmith002:
. ohhhh mynd44 ,where did you keep ur senses? you can't even hide ur bigotry in the open and you are a mod here

such a calamitous moderator you are
[/s]
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by MediumStout(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2017
MultiCEO1:

The fulani herds men are common criminals like armed robbers and kidnapers. They are not fighting to have their country or calling the president names. They are patriotic citizens of Nigeria unlike IPOB whose activities is similar to boko haram claiming territories. Armed robbers attacks bank subsequently and kill innocent people and cart away money. Are armed robbers criminals or terrorist? Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Okies27(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2017
rexbuton:

I'm sorry... please ignore!
... One love
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by uvalued(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

why not open a business opportunity ... make farmers instead of using chemicals to kill the grass.. let the grasses be harvested, packaged and transported to ranches up north.good biz i should say..farmers happy, herdsmen happy fg happy

5 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by TCF1980(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2017
Who was in power when a village was almost wiped off Nigerian map in Plateau State years ago? A Federal House of Rep member and a State House of Assembly Member was also victim of that same carnage. I suppose not a Northerner in power then.

When the Nasarawa incidence that claimed the lives of gallant Nigerian Police officers and DSS operatives, was it a Northerner in Power?

When the former governor of Benue State was ambushed by Fulani herdsmen years ago, I suppose not a Northerner in power too...

Nigerian government from time immemorial has failed the citizenry and it is not about a Northerner (Fulani) or Southerner (Igbo).

Hofbrauhaus:

You don't expect the President to clamp down his brothers do you? He has sense. Unlike the igbo elites that are quick to sell out thier people for money, the fulanis/Hausa would never do that.

Buhari defended Bokoharam. Northern elders defended Bokoharam. But Ohaneze ndiigbo and the other fat devils are quick to sell out thier people..

Cursed pigs!

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by talk2percy(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2017
As at 2014-2015 when I read about this present tyrant and a known religious bigot at Aso Rock, I warned them cuz I knew nothing good would come out from him. Now see what is happening.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Agentsmith002: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:
[s][/s]
. egbon Arressa,how far na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Deploy SWAT Officers In State Commands / Gboyega Oyetola Gradually Loses Associates / Protesters In Ondo Declare Jimoh Ibrahim "Dead" With A Coffin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.