Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? (1778 Views)

Osinbajo Takes Campaign To Jos(photos) / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign / Don’t Come To Jos, Police Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by dafman10(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2010
I just checked the list of posting for state of primary assignment in my school and there was nothing like[b] PL[/b] ie Plateau State. OMG dat state is finished cos of this senseless crisis sad sad sad sad
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by asha80(m): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2010
that na true
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by afrobaby(f): 10:47am On Mar 08, 2010
That indeed is a good decision on the part of the NYSC
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by otokx(m): 10:48am On Mar 08, 2010
no corper should be posted to that state till further notice.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by dafman10(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
otokx:

I CONCUR COS DEY JUST STARTED ANOTHER ROUND IN JOS METROPOLIS DIS AFTERNOON.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by snowdrops(m): 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
otokx:

FOR EVER if you ask me.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
If you are posted to JOS, would you wanna go?
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by DisGuy: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
thats very good and they should extend it to states like bauchi and other potentially dangerous states!!
they dont deserve the goodwill!!!
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dis Guy:

thats very good and they should extend it to states like bauchi and other potentially dangerous states!!
they dont deserve the goodwill!!!

So sad
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Chykason(m): 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
My good people of 9ja, why must these violences always start from North(Plateau,Borno) ?
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
Chykason:

My good people of 9ja, why must these violences always start from North(Plateau,Borno) ?

Will be back to read the response
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
Chykason:

The story of Jos is part of the wider story of Nigeria. That there is violence more often in Jos is not because the Jos people are any different. The real causes of violence in Jos are evident in some other parts of Nigeria, it just turns out that in other parts of Nigeria there is a dominant majority and a minority willing to accept their fate of intimidation and injustice. But in the case of Jos the fact that Jos almost lies at the confluence between the Muslims and Christains breeds temptation to confuse who should be the dominant culture. I also think the Jihadist attitude of Muslims is not helping either because since the days of Uthman Dan Fodio they still think the decendants will one day conquer Jos.

Forget about those who will like to talk about the issues as if they began with Jonah Jang or as if they began with the PDP and this democratic dispensation. That is factually inaccurate because the story of Jos predates Nigeria's independence. Although the aggressors and targets may have changed over time I think what fuels this violence and why after 50years of Nationhood we still face these challenges is because the foundations of our Nation has always been weak.

So long as we continue to sustain this indigene and settlers dichotomy in Nigeria and have a situation where Nigerians are migrants and second class citizens in certain sections of the country because their fathers were not born there, we will continue to have problems 50years from now.
The Hausa Fulani goat herders in an ideal world should have every right as everyone else in Jos, but you will expect the same treatment and respect to be accorded to Non-Hausas in Bauchi, Kano, Zamfara etc. But this is not the case and it smacks of hypocrisy that the Hausa are unable to subject themselves to the kind of life they subject others within their teretory.

As we speak, more than 10 states are illegally practicing Sharia against the provisions of the 1999 constitution. No one has thought it necessary to challenege these States at the Supreme Coourt and get them to repeal the State Legislations on Sharia which runs contrary to the Federal Constitution and as such becomes null and void as provided in our constitution. The Attorney General of federation is not doing it, neither are Human right lawyers because everyone claims to be scared of heating up the polity. Well the polity is already heated up as there are clear cases of killings, intimidations, injustices around the country. If this does not amount to a clear heated polity I don't know what is?

The case of Jos is what you hear. But there are worse going on secretely around the country. Instead of dealing with the problem head on, everybody pretend these problems don't exists. We need to make it clear that we are all Nigerians and deserve to live wherever we like. ONE Nigeria should mean something to us all for once and stop being a propaganda tool. We need to demand of our brothers in the North some standards because no country should tolerate insecurity of lives and genocide within its boarders.

We can either deal with these problems head on or continue the stop gap measures of putting Army on red alert eafter 1000 people die or continue to declare state of Emergency as some of our muslim brothers continue to suggest. We can pretend these problems don't exist until we drown in them. But our problems will continue and we will never make progress.

The Daily Nation had an article which captures succintly where Nigeria is  albeit in their quest to write on a different issue (Yar'adua debacle. ). . .   . . .  The caption of the article was ""Nigeria lives in an age long gone".
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by chosen04(f): 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
Why dont we scrap that useless and senseless programme. Must we wait until most of the corpers die in accidents, rapes and senseless killings b/4 taking the right decision?. With corper rejections by coys and government institutions and banks i dont see the need for the continution of this crap.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Katsumoto: 12:26am On Mar 09, 2010
chosen04:

Why dont we scrap that useless and senseless programme. Must we wait until most of the corpers die in accidents, despoils and senseless killings b/4 taking the right decision?. With corper rejections by coys and government institutions and banks i dont see the need for the continution of this crap.

I agree with you. There are several reasons to scrap the programme but the most important is the preservation of life. Youth corpers are not soldiers that we can accept the collateral damage of a loss of a single life. Successive governments have consistently proven that they can not offer safety and protection to ordinary citizens; why should parents send their children to death zones?
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Pataki: 1:00am On Mar 09, 2010
This singular act displayed by NYSC is more than enough to tell any rational and sensible human being that NYSC should be scrapped. It is totally worthless and useless. The sole purpose of NYSC has been defeated if fresh graduates cannot be posted to any state in Nigeria without fear of lives to occur.

A lot of things are wrong in Nigeria.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by snowdrops(m): 1:01am On Mar 09, 2010
All these events make one wonder, hmmmm

Nigeria is finished. The sensible should pack and leave now.

The last person left should switch off the lights.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by aieromon(m): 1:22am On Mar 09, 2010
Soon,other volatile states will be blacklisted and the crappy NYSC will have to be scraped.
Funny enough,Gowon started this. . .now his beautiful state is on fire.Thanks,Mr I-wanna-foster-unity undecided
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by dafman10(m): 6:11am On Mar 09, 2010
aieromon:

Soon,other volatile states will be blacklisted and the crappy NYSC will have to be scraped.
Funny enough,Gowon started this. . .now his beautiful state is on fire.Thanks,Mr I-wanna-foster-unity undecided

D guy must be bitting his finger in regret.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Nigerd(m): 6:51am On Mar 09, 2010
@ topic hw do u know?
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by nikkygal(f): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2010
@ Poster, Thats not true,

As i speak i know of at least 2 people that were posted to Pleateau and infact one of them is my friend's bro who should have left for camp since yesterday but due to the present Jos crisis, he's still at home. He's now trying to touch base with the NYSC directorate on the way forward,
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by dafman10(m): 7:24am On Mar 09, 2010
nikkygal:

@ Poster, Thats not true,

As i speak i know of at least 2 people that were posted to Pleateau and infact one of them is my friend's bro who should have left for camp since yesterday but due to the present Jos crisis, he's still at home. He's now trying to touch base with the NYSC directorate on the way forward,

I believe u shuld decode dat i just asked a question
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by nikkygal(f): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2010
dafman10:

I believe u shuld decode dat i just asked a question

No wahala. Just needed to clarify since it seemed like everyone else else was already 'buying into the no corper was posted to pleateau story'.

Anyway, enjoy camp. cool
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Kx: 10:12am On Mar 09, 2010
When things fall apart,they do gradually.

Now NYSC has officially recognised that Nigeria is not one compact unit.
We expect other parastatals and govt agencies to follow.
The dream is alive.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by dafman10(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2010
snowdrops:

Which light? Or u meant the last person shuld take off from the evil darkness lwmk
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2010
nysc makes no sense iin this present age when young men are becoming enterprising with or without the university.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 09, 2010
nysc is a waste of human resources. i cant stand the monthly paltry salary either.it will be scrapped in time
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by dafman10(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
babaearly:

nysc makes no sense iin this present age when young men are becoming enterprising with or without the university.

exactly
babaearly:

nysc is a waste of human resources. i cant stand the monthly paltry salary either.it will be scrapped in time

very very paltry. Let them give us the 500,000 naira they claim to spend on each corp member every year if things no go better.
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by chosen04(f): 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
dafman10:

exactly
very very paltry. Let them give us the 500,000 naira they claim to spend on each corp member every year if things no go better.

Are u serious, Do they spend that much on a corper?
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by chosen04(f): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
snowdrops:

I love this.
And who will the last person be?
I see the light fading daily, thus,
I think it will be better if the light fades-out on its own
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
chosen04:

I love this.

Deeper than said. . . .

dafman10:

very very paltry. Let them give us the [b]500,000 naira they claim to spend on each corp member [/b]every year if things no go better.

Are u kidding me?
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by snowdrops(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
chosen04:

I love this.
Certainly not me tongue
Re: No Intending Corp Member Posted To Jos? by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
snowdrops:

Certainly not me tongue

Dont be too sure, till you know you are ahead of the pack . . . Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banks Close Shops In Aba As Armed Robbers Run Rampage / Nigerian Elections To Be Cancelled - State Of Emergency May Be Implemented Soon / Free And Fair Elections, Gej Is Keeping His Promise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.