Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

$25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu (23259 Views)

Osun Elections 2018: Rerun Likely As PDP Leads APC In Narrow Margin / Biafra Protesters Hit London As Buhari Meets The Queen (PHOTOS) / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Disneylady(f): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2017
badbreathcure101:
the fact that we are hearing and seeing these things even shows that there is a little bit of transparency in this govt which was even better than then previous administration where nothing at all was heard. No whistle blown and everything covered up.. I just think some people in this govt are so selfish and they keep things from the president intentionally. Apc is actually working, at Least we can feel a little bit of their impact even though their tactics seems rash sometimes
Hear this one, what are you saying? There was transparency during GEJ tenure. Why was Stella Oduah sacked as a minister if not for transparency
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by positivetaught: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2017
This shameless people will always find way to cover up buhari's incompetence n pass the blame to others,now they have forgotten that the bulk stop on Mr president table,buhari will probe the leak!,nonsense so it's cover ups all along.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2017
Mark my words, Kachukwu will be forced to resign or sack on this issue
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by eph12(m): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2017
Blue3k:

The governments can't do it currently with oil so it's moot question in my opinion. In high oil prices the country isn't much better and the infastructure is still trash. We will borrow either way and fix structural issues with economy.
It would be worse. A lot of salaries will be owed if revenue from oil is removed.

The ideal source of revenue should be tax, but how do you tax people that pay for their own everything? Nobody or entity should be allowed to borrow much more than it's revenue, it will only result in bad debt. As it stands now, masses are already suffering and it's going to be much worse if we allow to borrow more than what they can afford. As it stands, we're currently have some debts, then imagine if there are no money to share at FEC meetings to the state governments. The government and his people won't feel it but the ordinary citizens
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by eph12(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2017
badbreathcure101:
the fact that we are hearing and seeing these things even shows that there is a little bit of transparency in this govt which was even better than then previous administration where nothing at all was heard. No whistle blown and everything covered up.. I just think some people in this govt are so selfish and they keep things from the president intentionally. Apc is actually working, at Least we can feel a little bit of their impact even though their tactics seems rash sometimes
Which part looks like transparency to you? The part that Kachikwu has been trying to see the president since August?
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by eph12(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2017
diegwu01:
grin grin grin grin weapons!
Yes! You didn't read about it?
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by codedguy1(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2017
dhantey324:
Nothing will happen! Take my word to d bank. This is the Fulani dynasty you have always heard about. Nothing will happen to Baru. Do not be deceived, Nigeria is their game. I pity southerners that don't know this.

Just making kachikwu think his letter is being addressed. After the meeting they will be laughing at him.

Baru and Buhari are working together. As if its not Buhari that gave Baru approval over kachikwu's head.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by ElCapone(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2017
if it were to be otuoke hero nw Na illegal suspension go follow. Oga baby Abeg do d needful.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Kundagarten: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I also don't appreciate the senate setting up probes on this. I have always complained about this senate usurping powers. Let the presidency probe this and get to the root of the matter.

You made sense until you said the above? If Senate can't set up probes on matters like this, what then is the purpose of checks and balances?
Buhari is not just the president he's also the minister of Petroleum. There's a reason he refused an audience with Kachikwu.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Bigframe: 9:07am On Oct 05, 2017
What if the memo was not leaked So Our president will wait till this time to act because the memo has been leaked to the public domain...this is not how to fight corruption sir.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by dhantey324(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Why must you ppl turn look at everything from your narrow tribal perspective?

Ok, in the same vein; maybe for the same reasons why GEJ sacked his Fulani CBN governor for exposing the massive NNPC rot in order to protect his Igbo petroleum minister so that she could get away with the billions she stole (because it was not corruption) at our collective expense.

GEJ, PMB, Nigeria and her resources is a game and not a mission. Sad to admit, Baru is probably getting a pat on his back from his masters.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by MaziOmenuko: 9:14am On Oct 05, 2017
Kundagarten:

You made sense until you said the above? If Senate can't set up probes on matters like this, what then is the purpose of checks and balances?
Buhari is not just the president he's also the minister of Petroleum. There's a reason he refused an audience with Kachikwu.

This particular senate has been pokenosing into the affairs of the executive for some time now by padding and adjusting the budget, interfering in who will be EFCC boss and all that. Let then concentrate in making laws, that's what they are elected for. The other say, the national assembly was asking banks to release PEJ money even after EFCC has flagged those accounts. This is an unwelcome interference.

1 Like

Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by dhantey324(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2017
codedguy1:

Just making kachikwu think his letter is being addressed. After the meeting they will be laughing at him.

Baru and Buhari are working together. As if its not Buhari that gave Baru approval over kachikwu's head.

U sabi bro.. Spot on!
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Lomprico2: 9:15am On Oct 05, 2017
diegwu01:
GEJ's time, $20 billion could not be traced anywhere, it disappeared or flew away and plunged us into recession later

Good! then u have answered the answers u seek.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by victorioushands: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2017
This time, we are watching Buhari. Any wrong step he takes will spell doom for those who have held this country down, including those hiding and protecting them. And everythig will be laid bare, not just for the people to talk about, but for it to be crushed and those indicted thoroughly punished.
Do not ask me: "Who are we?"
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Kundagarten: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

This particular senate has been pokenosing into the affairs of the executive for some time now by padding and adjusting the budget, interfering in who will be EFCC boss and all that. Let then concentrate in making laws, that's what they are elected for. The other say, the national assembly was asking banks to release PEJ money even after EFCC has flagged those accounts. This is an unwelcome interference.

The highest arbiter in our land remains our courts. The court ruled in favor of PEJ, our legislators were only trying to make sure that EFCC obeys Court verdict.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by musicwriter(m): 10:15am On Oct 05, 2017
“The real questions are: Why did GMD Baru sideline his supervising Minister? How did Baru get approval for the contracts? Could he have misled the government with a cover-up memo? Did anybody or group take advantage of the President’s medical trip?

The answer is very simple!!.

Buhari removed Kachikwu and replaced him with Baru for this very purpose. You don't need a rocket scientist to arrive at this conclusion.

Baru is simply taking orders from above. That's what gives him the audacity to sideline Kachikwu, and I believe Kachikwu won't be dumb enough not to know that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2017
dhantey324:

GEJ, PMB, Nigeria and her resources is a game and not a mission. Sad to admit, Baru is probably getting a pat on his back from his masters.

Yes, by all means feel free to condemn what is bad for being bad; but not necessarily having to turn everything into a tribal perspective in order to score some cheap divisive political point.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Viergeachar: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2017
A shocked government official said: “It is evident that there are some moles in this government. They want to do everything to pull down this administration.

“After addressing the key issues, the government will also ask the appropriate agencies to probe the leakage.

“If the minister is culpable, he might be sanctioned for alleged violation of his oath of office and oath of allegiance. The days of moles in government are numbered.”

Many didnt even see this embarassed
Too bad!

1 Like

Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Jflex07(m): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2017
badbreathcure101:
Apc I what? I can see that sentiment has taken over your reasoning, or it's either your been paid by buhari. zombie of the highest order
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by dhantey324(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Yes, by all means feel free to condemn what is bad for being bad; but not necessarily having to turn everything into a tribal perspective in order to score some cheap divisive political point.

Everything about this admin is tribal(padi Padi). I was only stating the obvious. Does PMB's 97% 5% dichotomy come to mind? undecided

1 Like

Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2017
dhantey324:

Everything about this admin is tribal(padi Padi). I was only stating the obvious.

Go ahead and feel free to live in your tribal world; later when others start hating you or discriminating against you because of your tribal origins, then you would know it is not helpful to encourage such sentiments among Nigerians.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by dhantey324(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Go ahead and feel free to live in your tribal world; later when others start hating you or discriminating against you because of your tribal origins, then you would know it is not helpful to encourage such sentiments among Nigerians.

D same thing that gives PMB d freedom to express his bigotry, nepotism, favouritism and disdain for the various ethnic lines is same thing that guarantees my opinion about his government. undecided
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by diegwu01: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2017
Omeokachie:

Well, since you still dont get it, I'll leave you to it.

I simply agreed with you...You were right. no extra meaning to my statement
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Ekoishome: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
coolcharm:
We want heads to roll not just probing.

We want corrupt officials to be sacked and jailed... Not just media trial

We want all the contracts awarded without due process rescinded

We want the Evil cabal from the North with vested interest in the Oil down south dismantled and crushed

Dear Buhari,

We also want the former NIA boss and SFG charged to court!

We also want True federalism!!

I want to feel a sense of pride of being a Nigerian for once!

Haba! Which kind people we be sef?
Tall order! I'm sorry bro that ain't happening with all the hypocrisy going on!
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Ekoishome: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
musicwriter:

The answer is very simple!!.

Buhari removed Kachikwu and replaced him with Baru for this very purpose. You don't need a rocket scientist to arrive at this conclusion.

Baru is simply taking orders from above. That's what gives him the audacity to sideline Kachikwu, and I believe Kachikwu won't be dumb enough not to know that.
Gbam
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Ekoishome: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Viergeachar:

Many didnt even see this embarassed
Too bad!
Instead of them to focus on the message they are attacking the messenger to find out how his letter to fed govt leaked! Isn't that a pointer that this govt isn't transparent in fighting corruption. A minister whose direct report is the president was denied access to see him to discuss such a crucial matter related to the agency that habors the country's economic power house yet someone is bothering about the pettiness of how his memo showcasing the shenanigans of the NNPC got to the public! Smh
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by iyketex007: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Whistle blowing is the only good thing to have come out of this present administration, they've finally granted ibe kachukwu audience with the President after he blew the whistle. I hope he gets paid in full for blowing the whistle.
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Blue3k(m): 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
eph12:

It would be worse. A lot of salaries will be owed if revenue from oil is removed.

The ideal source of revenue should be tax, but how do you tax people that pay for their own everything? Nobody or entity should be allowed to borrow much more than it's revenue, it will only result in bad debt. As it stands now, masses are already suffering and it's going to be much worse if we allow to borrow more than what they can afford. As it stands, we're currently have some debts, then imagine if there are no money to share at FEC meetings to the state governments. The government and his people won't feel it but the ordinary citizens

The oil revenue doesn't disappear completely your still collecting taxes. It's like saying we don't make money off airline industry without domestic carrier. I would cite the UK privatization of BP successful. All you need is good amount of tax revenue in other sectors. The Debt to GDP of Nigeria not bad. It's the debt to revenue that is. One of Nigeria's big issue is that they collect small receipts compared to GDP.

1 Like

Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
beamtopola:

why are Nigerian this way? if it was to be the previous admin, the spat would have been out of Nigeria, now is APC , are you guys are doubting if kachukwu is saying the truth.
On the contrary. Ibe Kachukwu was very brave in his stand.

I am only saying that he needs to fight it to the end! He needs to stay strong!

He wouldn't just make this accusation except it is true.

EFCC is working for the FG. They would want to bring him down.

He needs to stay focus. Else his name will be tarnished.

Do you get it now?
Re: $25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
On the contrary. Ibe Kachukwu was very brave in his stand.
I am only saying that he needs to fight it to the end! He needs to stay strong!
He wouldn't just make this accusation except it is true.
EFCC is working for the FG. They would want to bring him down.
He needs to stay focus. Else his name will be tarnished.
Do you get it now?
OK, we parleyed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ribadu, Magnus Abe, Amosun And Others Lose Out At APC Appeals Panel / Guber Polls: Thugs, Election Riggers Flood Imo / Photo: Nigeria Today - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.