Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre (25566 Views)

Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage / Traditional Wedding Of Xerona Duke And Derin Phillips 'DJ Caise' (Photos) / Donald Duke And Wife Their Monster Bike At Calabar Bikers Carnival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Bede2u(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2017
HunterofPigs:

[s]Pig! You should rather direct your hate to the man who started the war, boasting that he would overrun Nigeria within 2 weeks. Ojukwu was that confident, afterall, why would you start a war you know you can't win. But he failed, then ran away to Ivory Coast after leading millions of Pigs and Idiots to the slaughter[/s]
idiot this is stale. Ojukwu seceded from Nigeria because of pogroms going on in the north which the FG couldnt or didnt stop. And while he was targeting millitary formations and govt institutions in Nigeria, Nigerian millitary with the help of a shameless britain was targeting civilians in biafra who were defenceless

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by noble0(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2017
Lalasticlala, come and move this post to front page in honour of the victims.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2017
Ibrahim Taiwo.. No be today. Awon Yoruba Muslim Fulani slave.
Would have disowned by parents if they were Muslims.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Bede2u(m): 10:44am On Oct 06, 2017
HunterofPigs:

Is this the type of lies your old lying bastard grandfathers have been telling you? You're as idiotic as your father, his own father up to your tenth generation. That you decide to close your eyes doesn't mean the sun as stopped shinning. Morron.

One, the ibos started this so called "pogroms going on in the north". They executed the first coup in Africa out of greed, bringing the military to power for the first time in post-colonial history. Needless to say that they wiped out other tribes from influence of power and installed their son, Aguyi Ironsi as first dictator in Africa.

Two, I don't see what nonsense military institutions you idiotas targeted by robbing Nigerian banks and hijacking flights. These are purely civilian infrastructure/institutions.

Three, was there any British soldier fighting on the Nigerian side or any foreign soldier for that matter? The answer is an emphatic NO! You on the other hand had mercenaries from neighbouring African countries and Europe, who enjoyed sleeping with every she-Pig than fighting the war they were paid for. The Nigeria Army brought the fight to you and finished you off with superior firepower and starvation. How can you be so stupid to think you can raise up arms against the state and still expect us to feed you? Morron.

Now, what is stale in Ojukwu fleeing like a coward that he was?
why was i arguing with u i the first place? u dont knw history and u are a bigot. 2 terrible diseases

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Buharimustgo: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
Murtala Mohammed will continue to roast in hell.That cursed murderer will receive tenfold his rewards in hell

OBJ said they killed the bastard like fowl
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by seunmohmoh(f): 11:29am On Oct 06, 2017
mtchew
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Raziii(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2017
I did a thead on NBC shutting down a show for talking about the Asaba Massacre and after reading over 4 pages of this post, I wish I didn't make it, because as usual it derailed off the point.

The Biafra civil war was regrettable. Both sides suffered regrettable casualties and let us all pray it doesn't happen again.

If you watched the platform, you'd realise something, the speakers were very convincing. One reason for that was because of their knowledge of the past. Alot of youth know nothing of this past but will argue about it with so much confidence. That's called IGNORANCE!

The killings that happened in Asaba on October 1967 shouldn't be equated with anything else. It shouldn't be used to throw cheap shot at Buhari, or continue your never ending backlash on the Igbos or Muslims. That's insane!

That massacre is barbaric. It was a pre meditated massacre. It was done for the fun of killing and not because they were retaliating or anything.

If you tell me we shouldn't discuss it because the nation is currently tensed, I can see sense in that but to say we shouldn't because its a war and there were casualties on both sides, you need to watch it, politics is eating deep into that thing that makes you HUMAN! This is not Ipob, this is not GEJ vs PMB, this is man's inhumanity to man, and no one, I repeat no one should try justifying that massacre.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Sixaxis: 11:30am On Oct 06, 2017
Blame the "father pig" for this..
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Heylius(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2017
May the souls of all the departed resp in peace...amen #I STILL STAND WITH BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Kowor(f): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2017
Asaba paid for Okpanam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by yemififi: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2017
Armchair critics
So-called revolutionaries.
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Omoluabi16(m): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2017
You can never deny or erase history. you can only learn from it. The asaba massacre actually happened and we should talk about it. The foundation of strong countries is in its history, thoroughly understanding it, no matter how negative.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by suremanpatriot: 11:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Make them do so with pure mind,mak them no bring their witch for my Asaba o! Na peaceful place o! And no matter the hunger for there the ppl stil peaceful cheesy
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Saint83(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2017
My mother told me the story before she died.... I even saw the carcass of the machine gun...

RIP to the Innocent civilians.
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by suremanpatriot: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2017
Kowor:
Asaba paid for Okpanam.
True talk! because okpanam is trekable from Asaba,they taught na Asaba extension. It was gruesome history ,just genocidal,we hav left it to almighty God.
Well, I was in okpanam recently,it stil grossly bushy ,underdevelopd and abandoned to it's own fate. Is unfair to mal treat them til date,because their pickin wey cause d matter don go since immemorial. Just private individuals building and doing things in beats.
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Guyman02: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2017
After the Fulanis tried to stop all mention of the massacre of a generation of the best brains of young Asaba men which the community is yet to fully heal from its effects.
This is why history is banned from our curriculum to hide the truth about the civil war, but no matter how long you try to hide the truth it will always come out.
They wants us to continue in ignorance to eulogize the likes of Murtala Mohammed by not being privy to the atrocities they committed against the citizens of Nigeria.

Lt Col Murtala Mohammed gave the direct order for the massacre while Major Taiwo was tasked with given the command for the machine guns to fire on the crowd of men.
Good enough both of them (Murtala and Taiwo) also died by bullets

13 Likes

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by intruxive(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
Murtala Mohammed will continue to roast in hell.That cursed murderer will receive tenfold his rewards in hell
Same to ojukwu who blindly led an entire tribe to almost extinction, thank God for the "zoo" that kept some leftovers in the south east. But maybe the zoo will burn and the animals, sorry pple in the east will finally go extinct cry
Unless the zoo keepers (buratai the python) acts on time grin
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Ugosample(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2017
HunterofPigs:

Pig! You should rather direct your hate to the man who started the war, boasting that he would overrun Nigeria within 2 weeks. Ojukwu was that confident, afterall, why would you start a war you know you can't win? But he failed, then ran away to Ivory Coast after leading millions of Pigs and Idiots to the slaughter

you are a big fool

What is the correlation between that and the innocent people killed?

16 Likes

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by WrathOfHadez(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2017
The daftness and unprofessional carriage of the Nigeria army is as old as Nigeria itself.

I never felt pity for any dead or slain army or police man in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Dearlord(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Dearlord!

I pity for a soul like urs which has no sense of humour or sympathy for the innocent departarted soul in such a circumstance .

If it happened to have been u or ya generation that were wiped out in such a way would u have been alive to make some tales here?

Grow up man and think responsibly like a man.

May God protect the poor and powerless
Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Blackfire(m): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2017
I am trying as hard as a Stone not to insult that man called muritala Muhammad... I hate 20 naira I hate that over blown structure called MMIA.

They should change everything that connect to that name, no wonder he was butchered like goat .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Arysexy(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
HunterofPigs:

Pig! You should rather direct your hate to the man who started the war, boasting that he would overrun Nigeria within 2 weeks. Ojukwu was that confident, afterall, why would you start a war you know you can't win? But he failed, then ran away to Ivory Coast after leading millions of Pigs and Idiots to the slaughter

How exactly did ojukwu Start d war? Who renegade on Aburi peace accord? Who fired d first shot? Where was d war fought and how could ojukwu start war in his region?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by Guyman02: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
yanshDoctor:
i feel like crying. that's is a war crime. obj also play a role. the war was motivated by hatred and the igbo elite greediness.

OBJ was in the Third Marine Commando, he never played a role in the massacre but in the general war. He was also traumatized by it as partly mentioned in his book because his close friend Major Nzeogwu was from there.
It was the hatred for Nzeogwu and seeking for revenge for the perceived 'Igbo coup' that led Murtala to take that action aimed directly at the Igbos. Thats why after the war they banned every discussion of it on the radio or in school books, to hide their atrocities while Murtala had monuments named after him and his picture on our Naira note

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre by uhuogba(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
potipher7:
Thats what i keep telling those useless sycophant igbos that keeps screaming one nigeria and those that keeps going against their people just to sound politically correct hmmmmm when the chips are down an average gworo eating fulani ak 47 wielding terrorist army wont have time to question your loyalty he'll just butcher you like cow.
Just look at these poor souls after dancing to the beats of one nigeria they still go killed because the commanding officer only saw bunch of igbos that deserves to die.

I watched one biafra war clip where nigerian soldiers captured one young biafran man that confessed of being a snitch to biafran army according to man he refused to support biafra and instead played snitch to his people.
After narrating this to the nigerian officer the white journalists there told those soldiers to take him to their barack and feed him since he has repented. After the journalists left the soldiers tied up the man and shot him point blank dead even after they told the journalists that they wont kill him.

I swore that day never to go against my people i rather die like a man than die a coward or snitch

Cc
Ritababe

His name was Marcus Kalu or something! I watched it and fell sick for days. I doubt he was a snitch, probably a Biafran Soldier that was caught at the wrong end of things. Do not despise him, he was saying all he could to save his life. At the face of death, even the most courageous can wobble. That is one of the most horrible clips I have ever watched. The Idiot that shot him was a fool, he was feeling himself and was even smoking cigar, I am sure he must be dead by now. There is no volume to contain atrocities that was committed between 1967-70 in this country in the name of One Nigeria and sincerely there is enough portions of blame to go round to all involved.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Delta State PDP Campaign flag-off In Oghara Yesterday / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again / Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.