Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) (28771 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Buhari Completes Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum In Anambra State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Dosmay(m): 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
President Nnamdi Azikiwe greets the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Aderemi in Lagos, July, 1960. Who else can u identify in the picture?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Dosmay(m): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Afam4eva(m): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
I see Tafawa Balewa and Obafemi Awolowo in the background.

39 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by BUHARItesticles: 11:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
When Nigeria was united in dignity and pride. Love for humanity and respect for national interests. Bubu didn't learn history in school. Quote me and receive thunder.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by coolhamid(m): 12:05am On Oct 06, 2017
Great zik of Africa

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Cinkq: 6:22am On Oct 06, 2017
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS INDEED.

to greet an Ooni, the custodian of yoruba culture you must bow/show some respect.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by ifyan(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2017
If only the founding father have known how mess up this nation is,they would have divide it since .

We need to go back so that we will know were we got it wrong.

Nigeria is negotiatable simple

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by hucienda: 6:34am On Oct 06, 2017
When our politics was still mature not the divisive, puerile thing these days.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by crackerspub: 6:36am On Oct 06, 2017
Dosmay:
President Nnamdi Azikiwe greets the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Aderemi in Lagos, July, 1960. Who else can u identify in the picture?

Cc: lalasticlala

That was when we had leaders, now what we have is Buhari, Tinubu, Rochas.

Butch of Mofos

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Sava4: 7:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Ile ife is not the correct answer... Awolowo made a mistake..
.Balewa introduce visiting ooni of ife in Lagos.. while awolowo step back.

Do you see him wear a crown or call himself king.. no...

They created state... Osun state is now small

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by juman(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2017
Tafawa Balewa and Obafemi Awolowo were also there.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Bolustical: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2017
All I can see is someone who wanted one Nigeria by force.

Someone who fought to get the secession clause removed from the Nigerian constitution.

Someone who preferred a northern alliance to a southern unity.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by juman(m): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2017
Hmmm

Sir Adesoji Aderemi, a great Ooni of ife.

It's always great working with great people.

Obafemi Awolowo: The father of Yoruba people.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by juman(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2017
The Ooni of today is not so discipline.

Maybe he's thinking of another olosho to marry.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by juman(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2017
Awolowo reached the status of oduduwa.

He surpassed the status of ogun, sango, oya, etc.

Any Yoruba person can also reach that oduduwa status.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by franklyneo(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Op how u tak dig out those pishures

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Amarabae(f): 8:23am On Oct 06, 2017
In the background, I am seeing Tafawa balewa and the killer of biafran innocent children.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by bakynes(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2017
The face in btw Zik and Tafawa Balewa looks like Saurdana Ahmadu Bello but not clear enough to recognize him.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by TheArchangel(f): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:

Someone who fought to get the secession clause removed from the Nigerian constitution.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did.
His progenitors tongue lipsrsealed You forgot he was still alive, hale and hearty when the "progenitors" fought the war to leave. He was all alone....forgotten and very soon...won't even be revered and remembered.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by tinsel: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2017
crackerspub:

That was when we had leaders, now what we have is Buhari, Tinubu, Rochas.

Butch of Mofos
You also forgot to mention Jonathan, Wike and Fayose?

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by lonelydora: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Yea..that's the real Ooni, not the young boy sitting on that throne who can't manage his wife and can't choose between serving his gods and the Christian God.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by DIKEnaWAR: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2017
This one is a real Ooni, not the cowboy playboy and hoe lover there now.

Awon Yoruba boys come for me
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Unbreakable007: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2017
twinycharis3:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

Serious?
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by lonelydora: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2017
ifyan:
If only the founding father have known how mess up this nation is,they would have divide it since .

We need to go back so that we will know were we got it wrong.

Nigeria is negotiatable simple
Fact.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2017
I Can Identify Obafemi Awolowo, Tafawa Balewa and Lastly My DAD

But jokes apart, These 3 men (zik, awo and balewa) were the founding fathers of Nigeria's existence.. (According to what my history teacher taught me oo)
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 8:57am On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:

It amazes me to this daĆ´.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by BiafraIShere(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2017
Their efforts were all in vain. The country is better off divided. Modified**** Nairaland's millions of members may not be active again, how can I read the complete article and all the accompanying comments leisurely, write my own comment and still make first page Eeya, the Exodus of Biafrans from the site must be dealing a heavy blow to the revenue of nairaland!
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Uyi168: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2017
Afam4eva:
I see Tafawa Balewa and Obafemi Awolowo in the background.
.good eyes
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Positivepoint(m): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
When Nigeria was united in dignity and pride. Love for humanity and respect for national interests. Bubu didn't learn history in school. Quote me and receive thunder.

i guess u meant Nzegwu ironsi and ojukwu didn't learn

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by asha9: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2017
Great Zik of Africa cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6,000 Illegal Miners Flood Osun From Mali / How Rivers Senators Plan To Pull Amaechi Down At Screening / Goodluck Jonathan & George Andreas Papandreou, Ex Prime Minister Of Greece Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.