Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) (28792 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Buhari Completes Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum In Anambra State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Amarabae(f): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Continue deceiving yourself with that crap. I see a legend, a colossus, a trailblazer, a once in a lifetime Enigma like Chief obafemi Awolowo. You history revisionists can say what you like. Make sure you teach your kids the wicked lies your fore fathers told you so as to sustain the hate you people are known for.
why not, I will teach my little baby boy about the biafra war when he grows up and the role awolowo played!
Kikikikiki

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Toosure70: 10:16am On Oct 06, 2017
flatheader bowing for afonja.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:16am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
why not, I will teach my little baby boy about the biafra war when he grows up and the role awolowo played!
Kikikikiki
Awww. nice eh? never too young to learn the language of hate. It must be tasking though..an entire generation carrying that baggage and bitterness.

I will also tell my child about the biafran war.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Amarabae(f): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Awww. nice eh? never too young to learn the language of hate. It must be tasking though..an entire generation carrying that baggage and bitterness.

I will also tell my child about the biafran war.
the jews tell their children of holocaust, why wouldnt an Igbo tell her kids of biafran war?

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by rabzy: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
I am seeing Tafawa balewa and the killer of biafran innocent children.

You must be referring to Ojukwu. He foolishly started a war he had no means to win and still stubbornly refused to compromise when he had clearly lost the war, he kept sacrificing the cream of his people for vain glory. Imagine distributing 10,000 cutlasses to young men to go and face machine guns, is that not sheer madness. Instead of evacuating civilians from Enugu and Awka when he knows the Nigerian Army would soon start shelling the towns, he said they should defend it to the last man with any weapon they lay their hands on....what manner of retarded thinking is that. It's a great pity and a shame what happened in that terrible 1960s in Nigeria.
We had no founding fathers, from the North to the South, We had men who selfishly allowed their ego and prejudice to destroy the foundation of something that could have turned out well.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by madridguy(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2017
God knows better. Nigeria will be united again.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by rabzy: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
the jews tell their children of holocaust, why wouldnt an Igbo tell her kids of biafran war?

While the jews were not complicit in that matter, what happened before and during Biafra has igbos complicit in it. No one was a saint, they were all a bunch of disagreeable fellows. Both the Nigerian Army and the Biafran army were murderous.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2017
Dosmay:
President Nnamdi Azikiwe greets the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Aderemi in Lagos, July, 1960. Who else can u identify in the picture?
ex-prime Minister.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
who is stopping you? I just told you I will tell my kids of the biafran war, Rwandan genocide or every other piece of relevant history. But there is a problem when you embellish history with fables and sensationalism.That, you and your folks have sworn to do.

As an omoluabi, I will tell my children the very truth.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by oladeebo: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2017
coluka:

Shame also on oba lil Wayne Akiolu of Lagos who refused to acknowledge the royal father recently. Disrespectful, arrogant, stupid Oba
foolish on you that lack the knowledge of knowing that the dispute of Obas settle at council of obas!
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by kenex4ever(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2017
Cinkq:
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS INDEED.

to greet an Ooni, the custodian of yoruba culture you must bow/show some respect.
Receive sense.

He bowed because he respects tradition and because d oni is older than him.
Buhari can never bow to d present oni
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by jrusky(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:
All I can see is someone who wanted one Nigeria by force.

Someone who fought to get the secession clause removed from the Nigerian constitution.

Someone who preferred a northern alliance to a southern unity.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did.

Is that all you could see Or say?
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by diadem10: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Omoluabi16:
who is stopping you? I just told you I will tell my kids of the biafran war, Rwandan genocide or every other piece of relevant history. But there is a problem when you embellish history with fables and sensationalism.That, you and your folks have sworn to do.

As an omoluabi, I will tell my children the very truth.

You dey mind that woman of no virtue? Lol..
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Virus777: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:
All I can see is someone who wanted one Nigeria by force.

Someone who fought to get the secession clause removed from the Nigerian constitution.

Someone who preferred a northern alliance to a southern unity.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did.

His descendants? So zik is the ancestor of Igbos? Seriously you need to go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Ojiofor: 1:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Dosmay:
President Nnamdi Azikiwe greets the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Aderemi in Lagos, July, 1960. Who else can u identify in the picture?

The team of The bad,the worst and ugly (Buhari,Tinubu and Rochas) have taken over and the reason Nigeria is at the bottom today.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
If I could go back in time and kill Agunyi Ironsi .........

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by coluka: 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
oladeebo:

foolish on you that lack the knowledge of knowing that the dispute of Obas settle at council of obas!

You are the bigger fool. You called people stupid, arrogant and disrespectful for not behaving like zik who acknowledged the ooni. I pointed out to you that by your standards then all those adjectives should apply to the oba of Lagos who disregarded the ooni also. As expected your hypocrisy has shone through. Holding others to standards that you don't want to be held by.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
TheArchangel:
His progenitors tongue lipsrsealed You forgot he was still alive, hale and hearty when the "progenitors" fought the war to leave. He was all alone....forgotten and very soon...won't even be revered and remembered.

Who needs your remembrance. Keep waiting for Biafra, you go quench while still waiting for Biafra. He has institutions, airport and roads and streets and halls named after him. He will be forever be remembered as the Great Zik of Africa.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Someone with one of the best Universities in Nigeria (OAU) named after him....

His face graces the N100 note your family toils to spend.

Yet he isn't revered or remembered...Pray tell, what have your entire generations from great-great-grandfather achieve to rival this?

The guy is seriously mad. I thought he was talking about Azikiwe. Children of hate they are. Sadists to the core.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by alaskido(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
I can identify Awolowo and Tafawa Balewa. Yeah, this were the people that started the whole problem in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by manikspears: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2017
Sava4:
Ile ife is not the correct answer... Awolowo made a mistake..
.Balewa introduce visiting ooni of ife in Lagos.. while awolowo step back.

Do you see him wear a crown or call himself king.. no...

They created state... Osun state is now small

What are you smoking? Stop it and go back to skunk or weed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Women, Youths Reject Election Results, Describe Fayemi As Robber / Yomi Faparusi "Fapas" For US Congress / Atiku Customise Shoes As Campaign Souvenir Ahead Of 2015 (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.