Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) (28753 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Buhari Completes Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum In Anambra State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Great504: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Dosmay:
President Nnamdi Azikiwe greets the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Aderemi in Lagos, July, 1960. Who else can u identify in the picture?
...Hmmmmm! ...When Nigeria was one.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by oladeebo: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Dosmay:
President Nnamdi Azikiwe greets the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Aderemi in Lagos, July, 1960. Who else can u identify in the picture?
This is Nigeria I was born to , Zik bow to The Royal Father.
Before the divisionists were born, disrespect arrogant and stupid!
shame on them.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by slawali: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Bubu is only your problem now abi? All your useless leaders are not ur headache.na wa o.
BUHARItesticles:
When Nigeria was united in dignity and pride. Love for humanity and respect for national interests. Bubu didn't learn history in school. Quote me and receive thunder.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by oladeebo: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2017
Great504:

...Hmmmmm! ...When Nigeria was one.
Nigeria is one till tomorrow it's you that half...1/2
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by luminouz(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
When Nigeria was united in dignity and pride. Love for humanity and respect for national interests. Bubu didn't learn history in school. Quote me and receive thunder.
I quote u oooooo.....
Add lightening join tongue
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Dmeji4444(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
Nunu
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by luminouz(m): 9:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
I am seeing Tafawa balewa and the killer of biafran innocent children.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by femolii: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
i love him for killing them.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Throwback: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,

But I fail to see Ojukwu in the picture?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by jobbers: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
oh
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by jayloms: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Somehow there was some form of tolerance and understanding between these great men. These were leaders of substance -both intelligence and charisma.

Sadly, all we have nowadays are thugs and thieves.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by femolii: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:
All I can see is someone who wanted one Nigeria by force.

Someone who fought to get the secession clause removed from the Nigerian constitution.

Someone who preferred a northern alliance to a southern unity.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did.
yes
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by nototribalist: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2017
Cinkq:
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS INDEED.

to greet an Ooni, the custodian of yoruba culture you must bow/show some respect.
that was then, not now that yorobastards monarchs are all drunks and touts
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by autotrader014(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2017
Every single individual displayed their rich cultural heritage.. the level of hate was not like this..
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by LexngtonSteele: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2017
TheArchangel:
His progenitors tongue lipsrsealed You forgot he was still alive, hale and hearty when the "progenitors" fought the war to leave. He was all alone....forgotten and very soon...won't even be revered and remembered.

Someone with one of the best Universities in Nigeria (OAU) named after him....

His face graces the N100 note your family toils to spend.

Yet he isn't revered or remembered...Pray tell, what have your entire generations from great-great-grandfather achieve to rival this?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Gotze1: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
Go and ask Robert S Goldstein.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by TheArchangel(f): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Someone with one of the best Universities in Nigeria (OAU) named after him....

His face graces the N100 note your family toils to spend.

Yet he isn't revered or remembered...Pray tell, what have your entire generations from great-great-grandfather achieve to rival this?
What made you think he is not my greatgrandfather....
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by efighter: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2017
BUHARItesticles:

The first military coup-de-tat was an Ibo coup. The Ibo Coupist killed Ladoke Akintola, Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, e.t.c. after telling Nnamdi Azikiwe to run abroad while Awolowo was in prison. That says it all.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by coluka: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2017
Cinkq:

to greet an Ooni, the custodian of yoruba culture you must bow/show some respect.

Tell that to Oba lil Wayne the oba of lagos, The owner of the biggest lagoon in Africa
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Tmercy(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:

Someone who fought to get the secession clause removed from the Nigerian constitution.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did.
May you continue to grow in wisdom and understanding
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by MasterofNL: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:
][s]All I can see is someone who wanted one Nigeria by force.

It is very ironic that his descendants are castigating others for what their progenitor did. [/b]
[/s]
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by efighter: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Bolustical:

Are you saying that you can't see Someone (Nnamdi Azikwe) who was told to run abroad while his colleagues (Balewa, Ahmadu Bello) were slaughtered by his (Azikwe) sons?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by coluka: 9:37am On Oct 06, 2017
efighter:

The first military coup-de-tat was an Ibo coup. The Ibo Coupist killed Ladoke Akintola, Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, e.t.c. after telling Nnamdi Azikiwe to run abroad while Awolowo was in prison. That says it all.

What says it all is that you are so ignorant of your history that you don't know that of the three masterminds of that coup, one of them was a Yoruba (Adewale Ademoyega) in fact the ultimate aim of that coup was to free Awolowo from jail and make him prime minister. Not my words. Go and read "Why we struck" by Adewale Ademoyega. He is your fellow Yoruba. Learn the truth and stop listening to fables by people who were not involved in the matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Businessideas: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,

Unfortunately,the truth is that the innocent Tafawa Balewa was killed by the children of hate from Biafra giving rise to the civil war wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by coluka: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2017
oladeebo:

This is Nigeria I was born to , Zik bow to The Royal Father.
Before the divisionists were born, disrespect arrogant and stupid!
shame on them.

Shame also on oba lil Wayne Akiolu of Lagos who refused to acknowledge the royal father recently. Disrespectful, arrogant, stupid Oba
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by murphyibiam15(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2017
Cinkq:

both bent and showed respect for each other... look well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by tino22(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
Lol Zero joy @ comment I concur shaa

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by drlaykay(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
Was he supposed to romance them during war? You want to have your cake and eat it. You killed others and cry for killing you during the war you instigated. You people better live beyond that, so you can grow better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by rabzy: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2017
coluka:

What says it all is that you are so ignorant of your history that you don't know that of the three masterminds of that coup, one of them was a Yoruba (Adewale Ademoyega) in fact the ultimate aim of that coup was to free Awolowo from jail and make him prime minister. Not my words. Go and read "Why we struck" by Adewale Ademoyega. He is your fellow Yoruba. Learn the truth and stop listening to fables by people who were not involved in the matter

That may be the case, but it could also mean he was trying to justify his being part of the coup as a yoruba man. But whatever the case may be, the executors were 90% Ibos.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe With The Ooni Of Ile-ife, Oba Adeso (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae:
In the background,
Continue deceiving yourself with that crap. I see a legend, a colossus, a trailblazer, a once in a lifetime Enigma like Chief obafemi Awolowo. You history revisionists can say what you like. Make sure you teach your kids the wicked lies your fore fathers told you so as to sustain the hate you people are known for.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen’s Killing: IGP Declares War On Militias, Vigilantes / IPOB Member Who Was Shot By Soldiers Flown Abroad For Treatment. Photos / Abdullahi Bin-Abdul's Phone Stolen In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.