Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Things I'm Learning Fast About Business: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Things I'm Learning Fast About Business: (535 Views)

All You Need To Know About Business Plan In Nigeria / Any Update About Business Executive International,abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things I'm Learning Fast About Business: by solablings(f): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
1. Your client should never be your friend. And your friend should never be your client. Money wrecks Good Relationships. If you cherish the friendship, do the job for free.

2. Don't be too nice and considerate about charging your fees. The person paying you will not be nice and considerate to you if you don't do the job or if you do a bad job.

3. Completely remove emotions and religion when charging your fees. It's either they can afford you or they cannot. From my experience, clients who think you're unaffordable usually spend more money on even more useless things.

It's really not about Affordability but Value.

4. Never agree to be paid later, unless the proceeds will be coming into your account FIRST. Otherwise, if the money goes directly into your client's account, he or she may no longer pick your calls.

Money reveals the worst in the best among us.

Caveat: An exception may be created for clients who once offered voluntary financial assistance. We must remember those who showed up in our darkest hour.

5. When it comes to business and money, promises means nothing to Nigerians. They'd promise anything just to get rid of you. Promises won't pay your bills.

6. Naturally, humans do not like parting with their money to someone else. But you can make it easy for them BY NOT DOING THEIR JOB OR BY WATCHING THEM SUFFER.

Survival always makes people give up money. From my experience, clients in police custody hardly negotiate fees.

7. A foreigner doing business in Nigeria once told my former boss that any man with too much conscience would forever remain poor. I disagreed then, but NOW I totally agree. You know why?

People (men and women without conscience) will take unfair advantage of you (with too much conscience).

Credit: Olakunle Allison

Cc @lala, @mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I'm Learning Fast About Business: by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2017
cool
Re: Things I'm Learning Fast About Business: by MegaTunech: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2017
In search of a dispatch/logistics company to help deliver your goods safely and securely? You can trust on the most talked about @dnm.ng to organise all your deliveries..

We offer different services such as;

Inter and Intra deliveries :
Goods and Food deliveries
Bulk Mail deliveries
Storage services
Errand Services
Haulage etc

Call 08037562724 or DM @dnm.ng on instagram for delivery rates .

(1) (Reply)

Goldasdust - The Most Profitable Crypto Community / Make A Million Naira Before The End Of December / Television Repeats: Who Isn’t A Fan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.