Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business (22745 Views)

Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
gentlebullet:

I don't understand your question. But if you meant "will the person get to stamp passport?"
Yes, so far your passport was stamped at Hilla Codji when you were entering into Togo, you must stamp as you exit Togo at Aflao and then stamp in as you enter Ghana.
well answered !

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
cefezyA:
well answered !
CHEERS!

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by MostSoughtAfte(f): 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2020
gentlebullet:
well, stuffs are cheaper in Lome than Cotonou. if you are a young man with confirm naija hustling spirit (not ajebo-butter wey get sponsored by some polithiefian), abeg forget ABC transport, Chisco, Young shall grow, Efex, GUO, Cross country, etc ( you go just pay for AC, rice, water) cos their fare from Lagos to Lome is between 12k - 16k( depending on the type of ID you present)
my guy just find your way to either mile 2 or iyana iba, board a bus going to seme and alight at the last stop close to the border. look out for okada riders with green tops(Hausa guys are your best bet) and ask the rider to show you his cards(small plastic cards cut to sizes wit no, that's their pass at the numerous road blocks).negotiate the fare(#500 - #700)
just make sure you secure your money well. well you get to the Benin side of the border, go change your money close to the bank of Africa (lots of money changers are there with their table, the women will be your best bet) rate as at 9th sept when I was heading to Abidjan was #631 = CFA1000.
after forex, enter the garage beside where you did forex and ask for car going to Lome-Aflao(infact, once you alight from the bike there are lots of drivers who will bombard you with their routes.so getting the car isn't a prob) the fare is CFA 7000(collect ticket once you pay) the car takes one in the front and three at the back.
let me remind you that you will cross the border at Hilla-kodji. you will alight from the car once you get to the border and you will cross the border on foot with other travelers. just follow your travelling partners to the check post and hand the immigration CFA 500 on the Benin side, then you walk to the Togo side.
first, you pass through the port health just give them CFA 300 and proceed to immigration and also give CFA 500 and you are done. nobody will harass you just be wary of those guys selling all manner of items make them no do you strong thing. after walking through the border post, there is a garage few metres ahead of you that is where the car will be waiting, so just go there and locate the car and board to continue your trip. once you get into Lome, you will know first you see the port, ecobank head office, etc. just tell the driver to drop you at the lome market . from there you take bike inside and ask for the part that sells the wares you want to buy.

coming back with your goods is when you need the transport coys. just locate any of their office in Lome, negotiate the price for cargo of goods only to Lagos, sort that and take a bike to Lagos garage. its the same fare back to seme CFA 7000 and the sa
me procedure at the border. you get home and go for your goods at the office of any coy that help you cargo.
am not a trader on this route but I ply this route at least twice in a month and If am not driving, this the way I go and I have met alot of traders I sometimes travel with the ones that are now friends with me whenever my trip conceded with theirs ( when am driving) good luck.

God bless you for all the info. Just a quick one sir, Do they have market days in Lomé when one can get good stuffs??
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 1:28am On Feb 05, 2020
MostSoughtAfte:

God bless you for all the info. Just a quick one sir, Do they have market days in Lomé when one can get good stuffs??
No, the market is more like a regular general market like idumota, Balogun, arena markets
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by blackboifab: 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
gentlebullet:

Lome is less than 5 minutes drive to Aflao (border between Togo and Ghana) when you get to the border, you will cross on foot to the Ghana side passing through immigration and customs post on both sides. Then you take a long walk to the STC inter-city bus park, buy a ticket to Accra for Ghc28, wait for the bus that will convey you to Accra, board when bus is available and then the almost 5hours drive to Accra begins.
The bus will stop at the first custom check point at Dabala junction (they check for goods and weapons) all passengers will disembark for the check of luggages. Then the next and last stop is immigration and customs check point at Sogakope( they check for goods, weapons and passport and ID card of passengers).
When you get to Accra, the driver will inform passengers to indicate where they intend to alight, if you are going to the bus park, then you will alight at Tudu. I think you will need to find your way to your final destination in Accra from there. CHEERS
Useful cheers
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Coolkhat: 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
gentlebullet:

No, the market is more like a regular general market like idumota, Balogun, arena markets
Please what is the cost of housing in togo/ghana? Is it expensive to live there?
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 2:53am On Sep 04, 2020
Coolkhat:

Please what is the cost of housing in togo/ghana? Is it expensive to live there?
I don't know much about cost of rent in Togo. But I know that advance payment is 3 months.
For Ghana, rent is far more expensive compare to Nigeria and in Cities like Accra, Kumasi, Cape Coast and Takoradi, advance payment is 2years minimum

3 Likes

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Coolkhat: 12:54am On Sep 08, 2020
gentlebullet:

I don't know much about cost of rent in Togo. But I know that advance payment is 3 months.
For Ghana, rent is far more expensive compare to Nigeria and in Cities like Accra, Kumasi, Cape Coast and Takoradi, advance payment is 2years minimum
Thanks for the info God bless.

Please more questions, are they still importing like cartons of chicken/ bags of rice? If yes please what is the cost of one bag/carton and how do one send it to lagos without custom problems??
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 1:08am On Sep 08, 2020
Coolkhat:

Thanks for the info God bless.

Please more questions, are they still importing like cartons of chicken/ bags of rice? If yes please what is the cost of one bag/carton and how do one send it to lagos without custom problems??
I don't do business in Togo, I am only privileged to work in an organisation that coordinate the socioeconomic and political affairs of the region so I don't know about the cost of bag of rice or box of chicken in Togo nor do I know how they are smulgged to Lagos.
Maybe someone on the thread can assist you. CHEERS

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Alkason: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
gentlebullet:
well, stuffs are cheaper in Lome than Cotonou. if you are a young man with confirm naija hustling spirit (not ajebo-butter wey get sponsored by some polithiefian), abeg forget ABC transport, Chisco, Young shall grow, Efex, GUO, Cross country, etc ( you go just pay for AC, rice, water) cos their fare from Lagos to Lome is between 12k - 16k( depending on the type of ID you present)
my guy just find your way to either mile 2 or iyana iba, board a bus going to seme and alight at the last stop close to the border. look out for okada riders with green tops(Hausa guys are your best bet) and ask the rider to show you his cards(small plastic cards cut to sizes wit no, that's their pass at the numerous road blocks).negotiate the fare(#500 - #700)
just make sure you secure your money well. well you get to the Benin side of the border, go change your money close to the bank of Africa (lots of money changers are there with their table, the women will be your best bet) rate as at 9th sept when I was heading to Abidjan was #631 = CFA1000.
after forex, enter the garage beside where you did forex and ask for car going to Lome-Aflao(infact, once you alight from the bike there are lots of drivers who will bombard you with their routes.so getting the car isn't a prob) the fare is CFA 7000(collect ticket once you pay) the car takes one in the front and three at the back.
let me remind you that you will cross the border at Hilla-kodji. you will alight from the car once you get to the border and you will cross the border on foot with other travelers. just follow your travelling partners to the check post and hand the immigration CFA 500 on the Benin side, then you walk to the Togo side.
first, you pass through the port health just give them CFA 300 and proceed to immigration and also give CFA 500 and you are done. nobody will harass you just be wary of those guys selling all manner of items make them no do you strong thing. after walking through the border post, there is a garage few metres ahead of you that is where the car will be waiting, so just go there and locate the car and board to continue your trip. once you get into Lome, you will know first you see the port, ecobank head office, etc. just tell the driver to drop you at the lome market . from there you take bike inside and ask for the part that sells the wares you want to buy.

coming back with your goods is when you need the transport coys. just locate any of their office in Lome, negotiate the price for cargo of goods only to Lagos, sort that and take a bike to Lagos garage. its the same fare back to seme CFA 7000 and the sa
me procedure at the border. you get home and go for your goods at the office of any coy that help you cargo.
am not a trader on this route but I ply this route at least twice in a month and If am not driving, this the way I go and I have met alot of traders I sometimes travel with the ones that are now friends with me whenever my trip conceded with theirs ( when am driving) good luck.

Can you connect me to any of the traders?
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by awesomeDiva(f): 1:36am On Oct 15, 2020
please i got admission to study in Togo what do you think
Is their certificate valued in nigeria?
Please i need your advice

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Msdos4000: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2022
gentlebullet:

I don't do business in Togo, I am only privileged to work in an organisation that coordinate the socioeconomic and political affairs of the region so I don't know about the cost of bag of rice or box of chicken in Togo nor do I know how they are smulgged to Lagos.
Maybe someone on the thread can assist you. CHEERS

Please I secure a job in ivory coast I want to travel on Wednesday from Nigeria I only have national ID card I don't have any thing again and the deadline is on 10th please I my free to go
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
Msdos4000:

Please I secure a job in ivory coast I want to travel on Wednesday from Nigeria I only have national ID card I don't have any thing again and the deadline is on 10th please I my free to go
Honestly, I don't have any idea what the road situation is like for now cos I have since left Africa.

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by EgunMogaji2: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
gentlebullet:

Thanks for your in-depth analysis.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by ak22(m): 3:43pm On Jan 30, 2022
Can someone go with his or her private car?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Visiting Visa To Australia Advisable For An Intending Hustler? / Sanwo-Olu Receives Letter Of Approval For Lekki Airport / Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.